bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jesus rose on which day?  (Read 4446 times)

zander

Jesus rose on which day?
« on: April 07, 2006, 12:17:17 PM »

Can anyone tell me which day is the day that Christ rose?  Was it Monday?  I see it as Christ was crucified on Friday afternoon and if you add 3 full days that is then Monday afternoon.

Any takers?

mcmiller

Jesus rose on which day?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2006, 01:20:38 PM »

I hesitate to get too deep into this one, I already got a "Oh Really" from Ray in an e-mail reply when I proposed that Jesus was burried on Wednesday at sunset and rose on Saturday at sunset.  
What is certain, however, is that what we call Saturday is the Sabbath and the seventh day of the week, and Sunday is the first day of the week.
Jesus had to rise on the day after the Sabbath in order to fullfill His being the Wave Sheaf (Firstfruit).  So I guess to answer the question as to which day he rose, it would have to be Sunday the First day of the week.  Remember, though, that the first day of the week starts at sundown on Saturday, so he could have risen any time after that.

Hope this helps.

Mark
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 17 queries.