bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Love  (Read 12838 times)

DWIGHT

Love
« on: February 09, 2007, 01:05:28 AM »

Hi brothers and sisters,

I hope all of you have had the chance to listen to the audio from last Sunday on love.  This has been one of the most liberating truths that the Lord has revealed to us through Ray in some time.  This is one of those pearls that has been hidden for thousands of years and how blessed are we to hear it in our lifetime.  Personally, I didn't know how to love my enemies; I didn't know how to love someone who torchers people and sends them to gas chambers or any other evil that one can imagine, but now I see.  I thought that I had to love them like I love you (my brothers and sisters).

I must admit, last week when we had this disscussion on love, most of us, including me, completely missed the mark.  I for one, pray for your forgiveness.  Much hurt could have been avoided, but then again, God revealed this to us in His own time and for His own good pleasure.  Maybe it took this kind of trial to bring out this pearl of great price.

If we meditae on this and asked God to continue to reveal more and more of His (agape and phileo), it will have a profound affect on all of us here at the forum.  May God bless us all!

In Him,

Dwight

rrammfcitktturjsp

Re: Love
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 01:16:35 AM »

Dwight,

Great post.  I just wanted to say that I know that I am far from where I need to be when it comes to loving others that are well so difficult to love.  Yet, I am thankful that Our God does not love us all in the same way we love eachother.  I am glad that we have the pure example of God's love.  Truly this is something that we should all strive for, I am striving for it.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this.  And yes, it was a great study.  ;D

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 01:44:23 AM »

Hello Dwight

Like you, I too was struggling with how to love our enemies! I was under the torture of the teaching to be polite always even to Satan himself! This painful teaching and struggle to be free was in my soul and was why I opened the Please pass the Salt thread! 

I could see that Ray is free from this heresy of being poilite and accomodating to Satan. Now I can see how Ray responds to his detractors with Agape one way love and desire direction rebuke and exhortation that they repent and not in Phileo love! NOW I CAN SEE BETTER! I wanted to see better! What a blessed touch of sight this teaching on love brings!

Now I can agape Satan and hold back Phileo love desiring that all spirits of wickedness in high places also repent and this can be done in a spirit of love not anger, self righteousness and pride but in love....agape love knowing that God will bring to repentance and judgment all wickedness and that they too will repent and be saved!

The audio on Marriage and the vocal visibility of Ray's attitude of Agape that rendered his ability to correct the erroneous ideas of the person he addressed without anger, bitterness or pride in Ray, was truly awesome for me to experience! How often do we feel that righteous indignation should hold bitterness and pride when in fact it is holy and pure emotion that is equal to Jesus whipping the traders and over turning tables in the God’s house of prayer. There was no defeatist attitude in Jesus. No self-suicide attempt to right the wrongs but just pure holy anger that for us humans is so often laced with a sense of moral self-righteousness and pride.

This teaching on love releases sight and authority in Spirit and in His truth and praise for Jesus Christ Himself!

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007, 02:03:02 AM »

Arcturus,

What an awesome and great post this was.  I am glad that I know that Jesus did get angry in a holy and righteous way.  Thanks for posting this.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

hebrewroots98

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2007, 02:32:25 AM »

Hey Guys, I have not heard this info on Love that Ray put out last Sunday!  My audio is messed up on my PC and am waitnig to get it fixed tomorow, hopefully then I  can hear it and then respond back.  I hope that i didn't mislead others here with the 'Agape' definition.  I guess I have never heard of any other definition except for Agape to mean 'unconditional love'.  I want to get this cleared up in my mind, as I think that to know how to love poperly in the most important thing that we believers shoulkd be doing to live that life that we were brought here to exemplify.  I always remember my mother telling me that if I had nothing good to say, then I should not say anything at all.  Thgis always bothered me for some reason. 

So, Arcturus, how does that saying relate to what all you said?  I'm a bit confused here; what is the proper way to show Gods' love, as this is what I care about the most.

nite, nite! 8).  I'll talk with you all minania' ('tomorrow' in Spanish), Lord willing :D

Chris R

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2007, 08:06:22 AM »

Hello Susan,

The audio was very infomative, and helped me to see the difference between "agape"  love , and Phileo love...While i never imagined myself giving a hug and kiss to a cereal killer, on the other hand i can imagine this same cereal killer being a brother one day.

Ray used the analogy of a terorrist butchering a young women while she screamed in terror as her head was cut off with a rusty knife.... How can we love [phileo] such a person?  We cant.

However we can have [agape] love for such a person, this love is one way, and expects nothing back in return. Ray explains this very well..its truly amazing.

peace

Chris R

hebrewroots98

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2007, 10:52:48 AM »

Thank You Chris, I am so looking forward to hearing this as soon as my PC audio gets fixed.  I will look to see if it is posted on Rays' site yet too.

Kat

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2007, 12:07:13 PM »

I do believe this revelation, about the true definition of love is of extreme importance to all of the believers, as it is God's desire for us to gain a proper understanding of it at this time.

As God is love, 1John 4:08. 
And Christ answered that the most important commandment centered around love for God and then neighbor.

Mar 12:28  And one of the scribes came up and heard them disputing with one another, and seeing that he answered them well, asked him, "Which commandment is the most important of all?"
v. 29  Jesus answered, "The most important is, 'Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.
v. 30  And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.'
v. 31  The second is this: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no other commandment greater than these."

It seems to me that the main reason that God created everything, is so He could love and be loved.  The human race is the center of His plan and everything else in this whole physical existence is for the purpose of bringing about this love between God and people.

It is amazing the Truths that we are being given, and to have this forum to share this knowledge with other believers is a extraordinary opportunity.  
This type of fellowship has never been available to believers before, communicating with so many from so far away.

Dan 12:4  But you, Daniel, shut up the words and seal the book, until the time of the end. Many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall increase."

This new understanding of the meaning of love, puts the conversation that Jesus had we Peter in a whole new light.

John 21:15  When they had finished breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, "Simon, son of John, do you love(agapao) me more than these?" He said to him, "Yes, Lord; you know that I love(phileo) you." He said to him, "Feed my lambs."
v. 16  He said to him a second time, "Simon, son of John, do you love(agapao) me?" He said to him, "Yes, Lord; you know that I love(phileo) you." He said to him, "Tend my sheep."
v. 17  He said to him the third time, "Simon, son of John, do you love(phileo) me?" Peter was grieved because he said to him the third time, "Do you love(phileo) me?" and he said to him, "Lord, you know everything; you know that I love(phileo) you." Jesus said to him, "Feed my sheep.

Love is what we must all come to know in all its forms, because love is what it is all about  :)

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 12:11:25 PM by Kat »

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2007, 12:11:01 PM »

Chris,

I too am a profilic "cereal" killer.  I like to kill boxes of Kixes and Oreo and  especillay Double Crisp Cookie Cereal.  I hope that I am still an accepted member of this group, LOL and my behavior can be condoned.   :D :D :D :D

Tho, I did get your point Chris.  "serial"

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Good pun for this time of the day.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 11:46:53 PM by rrammfcitktturjsp »

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2007, 12:21:52 PM »

Hi All,

Excellent comments!  I too gained a great deal from the "Love" lesson.  The light continues to get brighter!

Rene'

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2007, 04:01:46 PM »

Hello Sue

I can not say it better than Ray. Listen to Ray our blessed teacher who has come to us in the name of the Lord.

I can say regarding your comment : I always remember my mother telling me that if I had nothing good to say, then I should not say anything at all.  Thgis always bothered me for some reason.

...that this always bothered you....is likely to mean that your heart has been prepared.

Only you will be able to confirm this once you receive this teaching....but I beleive that anyone who's deepest heart has railed against being polite to Satan, or being made to  keep quiet to his convenience and comfort, is, in suffering this bondage and recognizing it as painful and not truthful, is being prepared to meet the liberty of knowing that it is holy not to give Satan a foot hold!...and to rather tell him off and order him to get behind us where we do not have to see him.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 04:08:46 PM by Arcturus »

hebrewroots98

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2007, 11:42:28 PM »

My sentiments exactly Kat and Arcturus!  Thank you for articulating this  in such a way that I could attain it. It is understandable that we should love the being/person, just not their sins.  Still waiting to hear Rays' teachin on this. :)

Jackie Lee

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2007, 01:49:25 AM »

I would be interested in hearing some of Rays audios
Are they to be purchased at Ray's sight?
I haven't found them.
There is so much reading material I need to get through and hopefully glean some more understanding, I may not be ready yet. :)

Russ Tallmadge

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2007, 02:33:34 AM »

"I hope all of you have had the chance to listen to the audio from last Sunday on love."

Could you give me a link to the audio lessons?
Thank you,
Russ

josh

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2007, 02:35:27 AM »

Jackie Lee & Russ,

You can find the audio from several of the conferences, as well as some of Ray's home studies here on the forum in the "Introductions and Announcements" sections under the "Ray's Studies / Audio Downloads" sections...  and best of all they're FREE!

Here is a direct link: http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2641.0.html

Grace and Peace.
Josh
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 02:35:59 AM by In Medias Res »

hillsbororiver

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2007, 11:28:10 AM »

I must admit, last week when we had this disscussion on love, most of us, including me, completely missed the mark.  I for one, pray for your forgiveness.  Much hurt could have been avoided, but then again, God revealed this to us in His own time and for His own good pleasure.  Maybe it took this kind of trial to bring out this pearl of great price.

I am reminded of Solomon's prayer and the example it offers us in regard to some subjects or topics some of us may not be clear on,

1 Kings 3

7And now, O LORD my God, thou hast made thy servant king instead of David my father: and I am but a little child: I know not how to go out or come in.

8And thy servant is in the midst of thy people which thou hast chosen, a great people, that cannot be numbered nor counted for multitude.

9Give therefore thy servant an understanding heart to judge thy people, that I may discern between good and bad: for who is able to judge this thy so great a people?

10And the speech pleased the LORD, that Solomon had asked this thing.

11And God said unto him, Because thou hast asked this thing, and hast not asked for thyself long life; neither hast asked riches for thyself, nor hast asked the life of thine enemies; but hast asked for thyself understanding to discern judgment;

Prayers such as this are in accordance with His will, when we seek understanding with patience, long suffering and discernment we will be blessed. Trying to force an issue or agreement is where we can stumble and fall.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

M_Oliver

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2007, 12:00:18 PM »

Chris,

I too am a profilic "cereal" killer.  I like to kill boxes of Kixes and Oreo and  especillay Double Crisp Cookie Cereal.  I hope that I am still an accepted member of this group, LOL and my behavior can be condoned.   :D :D :D :D

Tho, I did get your point Chris.  "serial"

Sincerely,
  Anne C. McGuire
  Good pun for this time of the day.

;D ;D ;D!  I have to admit Anne I had the same reaction before I got down to your post.  Chris, we kid because we care!

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2007, 12:10:05 PM »

Hello Joe

Welcome back! ;D

....... refute is what Ray does 8)

Job 6 : 25 How forcible are words of straightforward speach! But what does your arguing argue and prove or your reproof reprove?

When we know the scriptures and the power of God we too will be able to refute error, expose false deceptions and correct deviations better as we are conformed into the Spirit and Truth of Christ's likeness.

I agree and see your point that force, argument and vying to be right, never convinces and  exposing heresy not always leads to repentence and perhaps it leads more readily to persecution.!

Peace to you

Arcturus  :)

« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 12:20:07 PM by Arcturus »

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2007, 12:58:42 PM »

M Oliver,

Glad to see that I was not the only cereal killer.  LOL ;D

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

hebrewroots98

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2007, 04:21:50 AM »

WOW!  I just finished listening to the 'LOVE/AGAPE'/PHILLEO' teaching by Ray.  What enlightenment and truth.  I had always known that AGAPE' was that UNCONDITIONAL kind of love that God has for ALL of HIS creation. But, I never knew that God showed FAVORITISM (if you will) toward people.  I especially didn't know that He 'loves' those of us  who are trying to do His will each and everyday in our lives; more than He loves those who are not living a Godly life. (PHILEO love; to where HE does actually love and cherish me/us as to think of us as His FRIENDS!!)  Now that is neat!  (AMEN AND AMEN)  :D

It does make sense now that HE would show favoritism to those of us whom have been chosen/those whom DO the will of the Father.   I can also see how righteous HE is when HE hates certain other people b/c of their EVIL WAYS while they are living their unrighteousness infront of Him.  Now I undestand how Jesus could go into the temple and call the people HYPOCRITS, VIPERS, etc.. RIGHTEOUS INDIGNATION is a form of hating HIS enemies.  Now this frees me up from feeling that I must treat these 'workers of iniquity' in a PHILLEO type of love.  I am glad to know that God willl not hold it agianst me when I do not go out of my way to PHILLEO those whom don't care or live with Gods' truths.  It makes me to have even more love for those who do value and love the truth.

I used to wonder how I should treat those whom I am repelledl by who live only with a form of Godliness, but, who deny the power thereof?  I thank God for showing me that He is cut and dry.  He is fair.  (Duet. 28...I WILL BLESS THOSE WHO BLESS ME AND I WILL CURSE THOSE WHO CURSE ME...)  It finally makes sense!  Oh, how wonderful it is to know the real meanings of words!  I have been set free again.

Also, I am now able to quit feeling guilty for not trying harder to make relationships happen with my relatives, b/c now I see that we can only be as close as we are and no more unless they turn their lives around and start living for God, since we are unequally yoked and have very little in common together.  We as a family are not really a family since we have nothing in common.

Thank  you Joe and Arcturus for your words of wisdom!  So true that God was preparing my heart for all of these years whenever I would not accept it when I would hear my mom tell me that phrase of "if you don't have anything good to say, then don't say anything at all".  I used to feel so guilty if I said something negative about a person.  Now I see that they are not of the 'brotherhood' and that it is not negative to tell the truth about a person who is not bearing good fruit.

Still pondering this new revelation :D
Nite, nite for now...

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 23 queries.