bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Love  (Read 12839 times)

Chris R

Re: Love
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2007, 08:21:01 AM »

Hi guys,

Yep ive been known to kill a few bowls myself, but alas, i still love Cap'n Crunch. Agape love that is!

Peace

Chris R

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2007, 11:33:25 AM »

;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D

longhorn

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2007, 11:44:53 AM »

Give me a box of Sugar Pops and a 1/2 gallon of ice cold milk any time of day and Im happy.  Captn Crunch is my second favorite, except it destroys the roof of your mouth after about 2 bowls.

Longhorn

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2007, 11:46:59 AM »

Longhorn and Chirs,

Well the Captain Crunch with berries is especially brutal when one is biting it.  Those berries can cause substantial damage to the roof of your mouth.

Hmmmm, what goes around comes around LOL.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

hebrewroots98

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2007, 12:40:20 PM »

I have a question.  If the Greek word STORGE'  (pronounced 'store-gay') is the love that FAMILY RELATIVES have/show to one another, then are there any scriptures  that translate that God has STORGE'  love for Yeshua?  (I mean, afterall, HE is GODS' son, which is a family member.)   My husband brought this point up, which I too thought was very interesting.  The only other Greek translation of LOVE is that of EROS, which we all know that Yeshua never did experience this kind of (erotic) love; although many would love (pun intended  ;) to imagine differently. ???

Also, will Ray be having more teachings on this topic of the four different types of loves?

I am so thankful that Ray cared enough and that he was willing to prepare and bring to us this study.  That shows that he has a big  :Dheart for those of us on this forum!   THANKS RAY!!!...WE PHILLEO' YOU VERY MUCH ;) ;D

PKnowler

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2007, 12:52:19 PM »

The only other Greek translation of LOVE is that of EROS, which we all know that Yeshua never did experience this kind of (erotic) love; although many would love (pun intended  ;) to imagine differently. ???

Hey Susan,

I'm pretty sure that Yeshua does have a pure eros love for the church. I don't think that we can understand it but isn't that what the book of the Song of Solomon is all about? My understanding is the book is an allegory of the love relationship between Christ and the Church. Really a lot of the old testament talks about God's passionate love for his people and God's jealousy when his people seek other gods.

~Paula

hebrewroots98

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2007, 01:20:53 PM »

Paula,
You got me on that one!!!   ;)  You are so right, how could I have forgotten the Song of Solomon as well as that God was MARRIED  to Israel?  ((I have been looking at the physical and not the spiritual on this today, as well as looking at the New Testament  and not the Old!  duh ::))  (Talk about a brain fog!!!)  I appreciate you so much Paula, Thank you for reminding me on this!  I need to think more and open my bible before I respond so quickly on here net time :o

PKnowler

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2007, 01:40:37 PM »

Hey Susan,

I do the same thing, don't worry about it. That's what we got each other for!  ;) I am glad you brought up the topic though.
I did a study on the different Greek words for love a long time ago. It really helped me when I was going through a hard time in my marriage. It is interesting to think that Christ has a (spiritual eros) love for his bride (us). Really isn't the main theme of the Bible a love story?

Blessings, Paula
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 01:45:23 PM by PKnowler »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2007, 02:11:07 PM »

Hello Sue

I recognise our unity and like mindedness in your dazzling response to Rays message and teaching on love. I am so happy for you and that you are now  FREE as you say  : from feeling that I must treat these 'workers of iniquity' in a PHILLEO type of love.  I am glad to know that God willl not hold it agianst me when I do not go out of my way to PHILLEO those whom don't care or live with Gods' truths.  It makes me to have even more love for those who do value and love the truth.

I used to wonder how I should treat those whom I am repelledl by who live only with a form of Godliness, but, who deny the power thereof?  I thank God for showing me that He is cut and dry.  He is fair.  (Duet. 28...I WILL BLESS THOSE WHO BLESS ME AND I WILL CURSE THOSE WHO CURSE ME...)

As Ray pointed out, this subject is huge. Deut 28:1 as a second witness in NT….1 Cor 16 : 22 If any man love (phileo) not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema Maranatha. (331 Greek Dictionary from 394; a religious ban or …excommunicated thing or person – accused, anathema, curse….Anything laid up or suspended as an offering in the temple of god; ….In the NT anathema is used to indicate an accursed thing or spoken of persons, one accursed; someone excluded from the favour of God and devoted to destruction 

1 Cor 12 :13 For by means of the personal agency of the Holy Spirit we were all, whether Jews or Greeks, slaves or free, baptized and by baptism united together into one body, all made to drink of the Holy Spirit.

1 Cor 16:22 If anyone man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema Maranatha. 

Gal 1:8,9  But even if we or an angel form heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to and different from that which we preached to you, let him be accursed, anathema, devoted to destruction, doomed to punishment! 9. As we said before, so I now say again: If any one is preaching to you a gospel different from or contrary to that which you received from us, let him  be accursed, anathema, devoted to destruction, doomed to punishment!

Ac 23: 14 And they came to the chief priests and elders, and said, We have bound ourselves under a great curse, that we will eat nothing until we have slain Paul. (For me this shows the beast and the great lengths to the point of self inflicted pain that the beast will do in order  to crucify Christ again by trying to  kill His children! Hence the persecution and rejection true followers of Christ experience from the world that hates Christ and hates also His Disciples.)

Rom 9:3 For I could wish that I myself were accursed and cut off and banished from Christ for the sake of my brethren and instead of them, my natural kinsmen and my fellow countrymen. ( For me this shows Agape love. The willingness of Paul to lay himself down for his brethren so that they too would know the sweetness of salvation through Christ.  This is not like hate for Christ and will not endure self inflicted suffering but has to endure persecution from others. Agape love that I see here is not like the deep seated hatred for God that would even cause self inflicted pain in order to kill someone.)

I rejoice in your new found freedom and liberty from bondage Sue.

Blessed is Ray who has come to us in the name of the Lord.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

longhorn

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2007, 02:28:36 PM »

Im a fan of the J. Giles band,,, my favorite song....  Love Stinks.

Longhorn

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2007, 06:50:40 PM »

Hi Susan,

WOW!  I just finished listening to the 'LOVE/AGAPE'/PHILLEO' teaching by Ray.  What enlightenment and truth.  I had always known that AGAPE' was that UNCONDITIONAL kind of love that God has for ALL of HIS creation. But, I never knew that God showed FAVORITISM (if you will) toward people.  I especially didn't know that He 'loves' those of us  who are trying to do His will each and everyday in our lives; more than He loves those who are not living a Godly life. (PHILEO love; to where HE does actually love and cherish me/us as to think of us as His FRIENDS!!)  Now that is neat!  (AMEN AND AMEN)  :D

I was wondering if Terry could record the downloads on to a CD for both David and I.  My computer is on the blink and will not open the links and if it does it will not play Ray very good.  I am glad that you and I got to talk a little bit about the Phileo love and the agape love.  It is more freeing to know that it is okay not to love the terrorists with a Phileo love.  This was freeing becuase I would feel guilt and remorse and felt that I was not where I needed to be.  I feel like a huge burden lifted off of my shoulders. I wonder how many other preconceived notions that are holding us in bondage.  It will be an amazing journey to say the least when those contradictions are exposed for what they are.

It does make sense now that HE would show favoritism to those of us whom have been chosen/those whom DO the will of the Father.   I can also see how righteous HE is when HE hates certain other people b/c of their EVIL WAYS while they are living their unrighteousness infront of Him.  Now I undestand how Jesus could go into the temple and call the people HYPOCRITS, VIPERS, etc.. RIGHTEOUS INDIGNATION is a form of hating HIS enemies.  Now this frees me up from feeling that I must treat these 'workers of iniquity' in a PHILLEO type of love.  I am glad to know that God willl not hold it agianst me when I do not go out of my way to PHILLEO those whom don't care or live with Gods' truths.  It makes me to have even more love for those who do value and love the truth.

I had always wondered what it meant that when the bible would say that God showed favor upon Noah or anyone else he showed favor upon.  It did not make sense, until Phileo and agape were explained by you and Terrry.  Yes I too have that freedom that you so eloquently write about.

I used to wonder how I should treat those whom I am repelledl by who live only with a form of Godliness, but, who deny the power thereof?  I thank God for showing me that He is cut and dry.  He is fair.  (Duet. 28...I WILL BLESS THOSE WHO BLESS ME AND I WILL CURSE THOSE WHO CURSE ME...)  It finally makes sense!  Oh, how wonderful it is to know the real meanings of words!  I have been set free again.

Also, I am now able to quit feeling guilty for not trying harder to make relationships happen with my relatives, b/c now I see that we can only be as close as we are and no more unless they turn their lives around and start living for God, since we are unequally yoked and have very little in common together.  We as a family are not really a family since we have nothing in common.

Thank  you Joe and Arcturus for your words of wisdom!  So true that God was preparing my heart for all of these years whenever I would not accept it when I would hear my mom tell me that phrase of "if you don't have anything good to say, then don't say anything at all".  I used to feel so guilty if I said something negative about a person.  Now I see that they are not of the 'brotherhood' and that it is not negative to tell the truth about a person who is not bearing good fruit.

Still pondering this new revelation :D
Nite, nite for now...

Thanks for posting this.  And I was pleased to know how to post wihtou having to scroll up and down the window to see what I wanted to reply to.  Now it is conviently located in my posting window.

Well you all take care.

Have a great one.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2007, 07:01:03 PM »

Praise God,

To All,

Well, I am now getting all the writings in our own set of folders due to the willingness of a special friend who is going to print off all the writings.

And my computer downloaded and Ray is coming in crystal clear.  Yeah <claps hands in delight several times and giggles.>

Well I am going to go and listen to the study on love and marriage.  I am sure that I will have plenty to say when the time comes.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

<dances out of the forum while singing How Great Thou Art>

hebrewroots98

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2007, 08:52:10 PM »

Paula, I guess I was trying to simply look at only the physical reality of EROS being in Yeshua's ife in that HE never had any sexual relationship as alot of these (Hellywood) movie producers would like for us to believe.  They in their carnal minds cannot fathom the fact that HE came here to serve; not to be served; and that HE was only about HIS FATHERS' business and not his own.  
Whereas you pointed out THE SPIRITUAL SIDE OF YESHUA HAVING EROS FOR HIS CHURCH/HIS BRIDE...simply the most brialliant analogy and plan that HE ever designed...the most intimate relationship in the universe is this one!

Arcturus, I am so glad that we are unified in this area at the same time (ha, as I reread what had written, I realize that I meant to say 'repulsed', not repelled- but you got the jest ;)) !!   Thank you for the great scripture references; wow, 'let him that believe not in the Lord to be as anathema'..that is powerful everytime that I hear it!  IT JUST BLOWS MY MIND EACH TIME THAT I REALIZE THAT 'CHRISTIANS' ARE WHOM HE IS TALKING ABOUT B/C THEY MISS THE MARK.  OF COURSE TRY AND TELLTHEM THIS AND THEY WILL HATE YOU FOR IT!   I just LOVE this study/topic.  You got it right, well said Arcturus, that the wicked go to great lengths -even to the degree of doing bodily harm to themselves just in order to hurt those of us whom are committed to the truth vs Paul's agape' love who willingly took the stripes for us just to get these truths out for the rest of us to take hold of!

Ah, what a good word will do for the heart! :D

Longhor/foghorn/leghorn whatever your name is ;) ;) ;) along that same line of thought,  did J. GILES not also write..."I MUSTA GOT LOST"... ( I think that all of you who responded about cereal...MUSTA GOT LOST... on this thread ;) ;) ;D

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2007, 09:04:53 PM »

Susan,

Whereas you pointed out THE SPIRITUAL SIDE OF YESHUA HAVING EROS FOR HIS CHURCH/HIS BRIDE...simply the most brialliant analogy and plan that HE ever designed...the most intimate relationship in the universe is this one!

Such a powerful and a beautiful sentence.  This goes deep and yes that intimate relatioship is so beutiful that I had problems in getting it into words, but you did it Susan.

Longhor/foghorn/leghorn whatever your name is ;) ;) ;) along that same line of thought,  did J. GILES not also write..."I MUSTA GOT LOST"... ( I think that all of you who responded about cereal...MUSTA GOT LOST... on this thread ;) ;) ;D

Well, hmmm I exhort you to get a bowel of ceral and come find those of us that are "lost" in the wilderness.    ;D

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

hebrewroots98

« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2007, 09:08:27 PM »

Anne....CHEERIO, HONEY NUT!!! ;) ;) ;D ;D :o :o

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2007, 12:46:33 AM »

I am enjoying and being edified through your conversation about the Eros nature of Christ to His Bride Sue and Paula.....keep talking aloud so we can all listen in 8)...

Peace to you

Arcturus

PKnowler

« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2007, 02:30:29 AM »

Arcturus,

I don't know if it would be called eros love that God has for his bride or not. I've never read or heard anything about it so I am not an expert but I have thought about it over the years. The other definitions of love don't fit. Agape is unconditional love, phileo is brotherly love, storge is a natural affection , eros desires to possess the object of one’s love. Does not God demand our affection, loyalty and devotion? The first commandment is to love the Lord your God with all your heart mind and soul.
2 Co 11:2
    For I am jealous for you with godly jealousy. For I have betrothed you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

I have thought about how our worship is the intimacy that consummates our relationship with Christ and how if we stray and worship other gods or idols that is spiritual adultery. Has anyone ever felt enraptured in worship? So glorious to come into the Holy of Holies and bow and worship in His Presence. I love the song "The world grows fadedly dim in the light of His glorious face"! In that place all we can see is Him. I believe there is a wedding to come so we've not entered into the fullness of our relationship with Christ yet. It is interesting to read about Christ's love for the church, His bride.

Maybe we can talk Ray into giving a study on the subject.

Blessings, Paula

hebrewroots98

« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2007, 03:39:50 AM »

Yes Paula, I definatley agree with you in the fact that it IS SPIRITUAL ADULTRY (MOCHAI-BREAKING A VOW) to have any oTHer gods before HIM.  We ARE THE APPLE OF HIS EYE!  He has great plans for us and HE has prepared for us things beyond our imagination too.  We are to "present ourselves as a LIVING SACRIFICE; WHICH IS HOLY AND ACCEPTABLE TO HIM" for this reason OF BEING E!  We are Royalty to HIM; we are HOLY to HIm as well (a HOlY NATION, A ROYAL PRIESTHOOD.)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 20 queries.