bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Denomnational Churches  (Read 6536 times)

Jackie Lee

Denomnational Churches
« on: February 09, 2007, 02:39:38 AM »

I really am not sure how to word this but I have been to all of these churches at least once, Baptist Pentecostal Catholic four Square Kingdom Hall And methodist there may be others.
I have been trying to figure out for years why I stay in Churches for a while then go to another one.
I thought I was very disobedient since I can't bring myself to go back to church.
 I really at times felt like I had left God however there was still my searching and trying to understand scriptures.
I was reading Ray's 666 perspective tonight, I believe now I may be exactly where God wants me to be, I keep asking God why I have never understood things are becoming a bit clearer now even though I admit I am still blinded too much.
 Last night my conversation to God was I am so wretched, I feel a little better knowing my knowledge and wisdom and lack of it is measured out by God himself.
 I even asked God why am I so stupid believe this I still am but he seems to give me just a bit more food for thought daily.
Would someone or anyone please help me to understand if I am where I am suppossed to be in the plan of God.
The beast in ray's 666 makes more sense too me now because I also told God in my prayers last night I was a disgusting person.
This feeling of wretchedness started a little less than 3 weeks.
I am wondering if I am on the right path or am I losing my mind?
Sorry so long but needed to express and see if I should try and swallow the bitter pill and return to church again.
I don't know if I can really.
Help!!! :'(

josh

Re: Denomnational Churches
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 03:18:18 AM »

Jackie Lee,

I can definitely relate to where you are at in your walk...

The last year has been difficult for me also, many time feeling like I also had lost my mind ( I know my family has thought so at some point )... sometimes I wonder if this constant questioning and wondering will ever cease... but as I look back the things that at one time seemed like mountains have now almost vanished in the distance.

Rest assure, YOU are EXACTLY WHERE GOD DESIRES YOU TO BE!

Eph 1:11  "In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will..."

Phi 2:13  "For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure..."

Understanding that we have missed the mark (Jesus) by so far (or in your words "this feeling of wretchedness") is part of the chastening of our Father for the purpose of teaching us righteousness, TO BE LIKE HIM!

Concerning your questions about the church, let me suggest the LOF series on the main page of bible-truths.com, especially The Lake of Fire - Part VIII "WHERE IS THE CHURCH THAT JESUS BUILT?" I believe this will be beneficial to your understanding in these matters, if God wills.

Also, try not to be in a rush to understand all the mysteries of God for your life or for the entire creation. God will feed you slowly so you don't get a tummy ache =)

I know it's not much, but I hope this helps. I'm sure some of the other members will have some valuable imput.

Grace and Peace.
Josh

« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 03:24:10 AM by In Medias Res »

Robin

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 05:13:38 AM »

When God started leading me away from the church the first thing he taught me was to rest in him. Right after that he showed me my own wretchedness. It was very hard to rest after seeing that. The temptation was to frantically try to fix myself. It took a lot of faith to sit in my own wretchedness and wait on God. He gave me a little faith at a time to keep walking forward. I struggled hard at first. At that time my brother and I were the only two people that I knew of that believed the way we did. I wondered how we could be right when the huge church believed differently. I felt like I was losing my mind. As time went by it became clearer and I didn't feel like I was crazy. God started to heal me and I experienced many miracles in my life.

We can rest in him. He is faithful.

1 Thessalonians 5

23And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
24Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

Hebrews 10

22Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.
23Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)

Isaiah 25

8He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it.
9And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this is the LORD; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation.

Kat

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007, 10:48:29 AM »

Hi Jackie,

Of course you are right where God wants you  :)

Last night my conversation to God was I am so wretched,

This is the point all  of God's chosen must come to.  When we realize that we have adsolutely nothing to offer and all that we have tried to do is like 'filthy rags,' then He has brought us to the place where He can make us new.

Isa 64:6  But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

Jer 18:4  And the vessel that He made in clay was ruined in the hand of the Potter; so He made it again another vessel, as seemed good to the Potter to make it.

So you have come to the place where God is opening your eyes.
As Josh said, start reading through the Ray's articles, things will begin to fall into place in your mind, as you begin to see the Truth for the first time.

The forum is here for you if you need fellowship or have questions, but it takes time for these Truths to sink in.  But be ready to have one profound revelation after the other  :)

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 02:33:02 PM by Kat »

ciy

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2007, 01:36:46 PM »

I agree Kat.  That is an exceedingly powerful truth that helps me daily.  God is in control
CI"Y

YellowStone

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2007, 04:09:13 PM »

Hi Jackie,

I too have been where you are...Went to most of the churches that you list for very much the same reason, for I still had not found what "I" was looking for.

WHat got me, is that even well respected church folk would tell that they went to many churches until they heard a sermon or a preacher  they liked. It was not like that with me. The whole God and his church thing had to be complete. It did not have room for Sunday angels and week day devils (if you know what I mean)

You are here for a reason Jackie, because God has led you here. :)

This is not a cult following, because most of us has never seen another member; we're here for simple reason and that is the truth. Finding the truth is everything because only then can one begin to free themselves of the baggage accumulated over time.

We are all walking with God, some a little closer than others for sure; we all walk alone with God, but that does not mean that we cannot share with oneanother and learn at the same time.

Scripture is important, but so is the realization that God is in control; I am not sure how that happened to me, but it was life changing for it has changed my perspective on almost everything.

Guess I am long-winded today! :)

Great to have you here Jackie,

Much Love,
Darren

Jackie Lee

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2007, 04:21:41 PM »

Thanks everyone, to be honest I was starting to get scared.
 I am glad this is where God wants us to be.
I appreciate finding this board it has helped me more than all the years in Church or Churches.
God works with me usually at night when laying in bed attempting to sleep.
I have been using this insominia to communicate with God, believe me he has showed me a lot.
I really was questioning if this was God or just my feelings of being inadquate.
Even though I feel so broken, I am so thankful God has me in his hands.
 The feeling is bittersweet, You all know what I mean I bet.
Every time I read on Rays site I learn just a bit more.
 I wonder why I can't learn a more sooner but like was said previously I would maybe get a tummy ache.
Anyway I am so glad I am not alone, and God is teaching me at last. :)

Jackie Lee

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2007, 04:25:42 PM »

Thanks Yellowstone I must have been posting as you replied.
I also agree my perspective on everything has changed some in just a few short weeks.
I am so glad God is teaching us.

DWIGHT

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2007, 01:40:09 AM »

Hi Jackie Lee,

Your comments are refreshingly honest and we all love you for that.  Psa. 51:17 "The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise."  As Josh, Kat and Darren have stated, we all need to be in your position before God can do anything with us.  It takes time to take all this in, but you really are with people that understand right where you are and are standing and praying for you with every step that you take.  Believe us Jackie, we really care for you and will pray that God will reveal His Son to you day by day.

Ray has often said to his readers, "pray and obey," and God will open doors for you that you didn't think possible.  Stay with us here on this forum for you will learn more than you ever could in Christianity and all of us will say Amen! to that.  Ask questions even if you think they aren't good enough...no one will ever look down on you or be critical of you in any way.  We are here for you and each other....we love you. :)

In Him,

Your brother and friend,

Dwight

PKnowler

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2007, 05:42:03 PM »

Hi Jackie Lee,

Welcome! It's nice to have you here. You are right where God wants you! God has been calling many here to come out of the church.  It is nice to have a fellowship of like minded believers to converse with. Try not to be so hard on yourself. You are no worse than any of us here. It is good to come to a place of understanding our wretchedness though. The closer we come into the light the more we can see our sin. But it is Christ is us the Hope of Glory! He who began a good work in you will be faithful to complete it!

Philippians 1:6
    being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

Blessings, Paula  :)

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2007, 06:03:10 PM »

Hello Jackie Lee

Keep on reading the BT teachings on this site and "be anxious for nothing"..............

Enjoy!

You are being dragged out, and for those called, we are all called to "Come out of her" ....the her being Christiandom. Rev 18 : 4

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

Jackie Lee

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2007, 10:26:20 PM »

Thanks everyone I was reading one of Ray's emails about free will.
I had questioned free will many times because many things I had my mind set just never came to past, even though there was the means.
I felt like a failure.
 I can now relax knowing I am where God wants me.
I am so greateful and humbled to know I am exactly where he wants me.
I really appreciate this board and the people on it, I am not so blind as I have been for many years.
I told God about a month ago, *before I found this board*I said God I not getting any younger help me and show me some truths.
It seems slow but things are finally making sense a bit.
 Years in churches just made more hungry *feeling empty* for the truth and little by little it all seems to be falling in place.
I am not a huggy person but I feel huggy tonight....Hugs to all....Jackie

gmik

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2007, 11:56:48 PM »

Jackie, God Bless You. 

Things are falling into place...God is so Good.

Hug right back at ya!!!!

PKnowler

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2007, 12:24:38 AM »

Jackie,

I'm so glad you are starting to feel more comfortable!

Hugs for you!  (((((Jackie)))))

Bless You!  :)
~Paula

gmik

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2007, 12:56:41 AM »

Paula, you look too young to soon be a granma!!! ;)

PKnowler

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2007, 02:16:47 AM »

Gena how did you know I was going to be a Grandma?
 Must have heard it through the grapevine, huh?
Thanks for the compliment but I am long overdue to be a grandma
my oldest daughter is soon to be 26 years old.

Bless ya!  :)
~Paula

hillsbororiver

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2007, 03:06:19 PM »

Hello Jackie Lee,

I think you have seen you are not alone
;)

This is not a "strange thing" (1 Peter 4:12) you are experiencing, as many here have stated "God has you where He wants you to be" it is a good, even joyful thing once we have understanding.

There is no way I can improve on what has already been stated here so I will leave this Chapter 9 of Ezra, what I now like to call "The Prayer of the Elect" so you can see how the OT Prophets were speaking directly to His people through the ages.

Ezra 9 (Amplified Bible)

1AFTERWARD, THE officials came to me and said, The Israelites and the priests and Levites have not separated themselves from the peoples of the lands, but have committed the abominations of the Canaanites, Hittites, Perizzites, Jebusites, Ammonites, Moabites, Egyptians, and Amorites.
    2For they have taken as wives some of their daughters for themselves and for their sons, so that the holy offspring have mixed themselves with the peoples of the lands. Indeed, the officials and chief men have been foremost in this wicked act and direct violation [of God's will].(A)

3When I heard this, I rent my undergarment and my mantle, I pulled hair from my head and beard and sat down appalled.

4Then all those who trembled at the words of the God of Israel because of the offensive violation of His will by the returned exiles gathered around me as I sat astounded until the evening sacrifice.

5At the evening sacrifice I arose from my depression, and, having rent my undergarment and my mantle, I fell on my knees and spread out my hands to the Lord my God,

6Saying, O my God, I am ashamed and blush to lift my face to You, my God, for our iniquities have risen higher than our heads and our guilt has mounted to the heavens.

7Since the days of our fathers we have been exceedingly guilty; and for our willfulness we, our kings, and our priests have been delivered into the hand of the kings of the lands, to the sword, captivity, plundering, and utter shame, as it is today.

8And now, for a brief moment, grace has been shown us by the Lord our God, Who has left us a remnant to escape and has given us a secure hold in His holy place, that our God may brighten our eyes and give us a little reviving in our bondage.

9For we are bondmen; yet our God has not forsaken us in our bondage, but has extended mercy and steadfast love to us before the kings of Persia, to give us some reviving to set up the house of our God, to repair its ruins, and to give us a wall [of protection] in Judah and Jerusalem.

10Now, O our God, what can we say after this? For we have forsaken Your commands

11Which You have commanded by Your servants the prophets, saying, The land which you are entering to possess is an unclean land with the pollutions of the peoples of the lands, through their abominations which have filled it from one end to the other with their filthiness.

12Therefore, do not give your daughters to their sons or take their daughters for your sons; and never seek their peace or prosperity, that you may be strong and eat the good of the land and leave it as an inheritance to your children always.

13And after all that has come upon us for our evil deeds and for our great guilt, seeing that You, our God, have punished us less than our iniquities deserved and have given us such a remnant,

14Shall we break Your commandments again and intermarry with the peoples who practice these abominations? Would You not be angry with us till You had consumed us, so that there would be no remnant nor any to escape?(B)

15O Lord, the God of Israel, You are rigidly just and righteous, for we are left a remnant that is escaped, as it is this day. Behold, we are before You in our guilt, for none can stand before You because of this.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 20 queries.