bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Brothers and sisters...  (Read 5662 times)

Russ Tallmadge

Brothers and sisters...
« on: February 11, 2007, 03:29:16 AM »

Hello everyone,
In the last week I have had the opportunity to read quite a lot of Ray's teachings on the website. Tonite my wife and I listened to the messages on audio re Marriage and Love and were greatly blessed by them. We were wondering where these were given.
I have been through the gamut of denominationalism in search of truth: Mormonism, JDubyahs, Southern Baptist, Assembly of God, CMA, Foursquare, Church of Christ (though they are not a denomination in the true sense of the word) so it is hard for me not to have a measure of skepticism. I am always optomistic when discovering a group that seems to have a solid grasp of spiritual matters. But sooner or later (usually sooner) I discover teachings that are not quite right in regard to God's word (I'm sort of embarrassed to admit it, but I used to think that I would just show them where they were clearly out of line with His word and they would certainly change ::) ). In contrast when I came across bible-truths.com the process seems to be totally reversed: As I begin each study I think, "no that can't be right" and by the end of it I am (often in tears) seeing that it does indeed accurately reflect God's word. It is certainly a picture of an eminently more merciful God than I've ever known. Is it all "truth"? I don't know if I am sure yet. I am fearful of too much optimism. Afraid that yet again I will think I have found a group that represents God's true people (elect) only to be disappointed once more. (Once bitten, twice shy I guess)
Truly my heart's desire is to serve God in spirit and truth. However, I have often found that questioning teachings is not appreciated or tolerated, so I am somewhat apprehensive about "rocking the boat" or being perceived as contentious. At times it seems that Ray's answers will brush someone off that is asking what appears to be a valid question (one I might ask in fact :-\ ) It seems he may think it is a stupid question, or perhaps that the person is challenging him personally. I would ask that you please not think I am ever trying to be contentious if it seems I am trying to challenging your beliefs. It may never happen, but if it does please understand that it is not ever my intention to be contentious. I endeavor to never take, nor intend to give offense, and truly welcome being held accountable in Love.

In His (what I am finding to be) Boundless Love,
Russ

josh

Re: Brothers and sisters...
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 03:52:39 AM »

Hey Russ,

Nice to meet you. Welcome to the board!

The audio downloads that are available in the "introductions and announcments" were recorded at a conference that was held in Mobile, AL. last september, and also a small bible study that Ray holds at his house once a month.

I think most of us here can relate to you when you say you have been through the gamut of denominationalism in search for truth, I know that I have seen a wide variety from the religious spectrum... and I have always been dissapointed, until now. Most of us here do not have a church building to attend, or a group of church friends that we meet with weekly, the majority of us here have left all of that in order to find the truth that we have been previously blinded to.

Let me encourage you to continue reading the material here as I believe it will be a help to you, but most of all... Test everything you learn, hold to the Word, it is the window into the heart and mind of God our Father!

In the end, people will always dissapoint you... most likely even the people here on this board, however it's part of God's plan... who works ALL THINGS AFTER THE COUNSEL OF HIS OWN WILL! (Eph 1:11) Life would be easy if people didn't let us down, but if they didn't we would never learn how to be the type of person we desire to know. It is through the hurts, pains and dissapointments of this life that we learn what righteousness truly is!

Also, don't be afraid to ask questions and to bring up things you don't understand. By all means, "rock the boat!"  There are people here that are more then willing to discuss the scriptures and share their life experiences for our education.

His love truly is boundless! More so then we can ever imagine in this life...

Grace and Peace.
Josh

Robin

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 04:04:37 AM »

Hi Russ,

I can't add to anything that Josh said, but wanted to welcome you and your wife.

I had a lot of questions after reading Ray's material and found that most of the answers were there when I went back and read it again. It's a lot to absorb the first time around. Ray was really kind to me when I emailed the rest of my questions that I couldn't find answers to. I had some loose ends to tie up so I could sleep again, lol.

I'm glad you're here and thank you for posting.

Hugs,
MG

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 08:40:40 AM »

Welcome Russ.

If you are looking for a group of elect you will not find them until after the resurrection.  :D  There are many called and the few that are being chosen  are under the election for judgment now, through training in righteousness, instruction, reproof, conviction of sin, correction of error and discipline in obedience. 2 Tim 3 : 16

Welcome to the student body… :D..we are all learning but have not arrived yet!

What we do have in common is that our teacher is Ray, who I believe he is here in the name of the Lord.  We are all learning to become of like mind according to the revelations and insights that Ray is sharing. To do this we have to study the scriptures and learn the principles of learning that Ray gives us. And if we think we have achieved mastery in insight and even with skilled perfection in the aplication of the principles of learning, even then we will still not have arrived yet until the resurrection! A servant is not greater than his Master. John 15 : 20

Welcome to the race! We are racing for the crown of glory and not to beat one another!

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

hillsbororiver

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2007, 09:58:44 AM »

Welcome Brother,

I certainly agree with Arcturus about not looking to us as being saved, chosen or elect, we are assuredly called by Him but just as prone to mistakes and emotional issues as any other flawed human being. Let us be patient students encouraging each other and admonishing each other led by His Spirit of discernment.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2007, 11:20:20 AM »

Russ,

I liked what Arcturus said about being a member of the student body we are still learning and have not arrived.

I would like to take this time to welcome you and your wife to this forum.  In these halls will be much found and much learned.

I am looking forward to getting to know you through posts.  May God bless you and your wife and all that is yours with great blessing.

Welcome.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

gmik

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2007, 11:29:21 AM »

Welcome Russ.  Yes, many of us have run the gamut of denominations.  Not quite fitting in, always wanting more, disappointments, etc.  I think it must be a rite of passage in our journey.  Many of us went thru the same emotions & doubts when "stumbling" onto Ray's site. (Ray's lake of fire series is a masterpiece in my opinion.)

to the posters:  These welcome posts had more in them than most people are gonna get sitting in church today! ;)

Welcome Russ & wife.  Relax & enjoy the ride.

YellowStone

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2007, 11:30:36 AM »

Welcome to the forum Russ and this goes to your wife as well :)

Isn't it the most refreshing feeling having so old ideals and beliefs (that never did fit right) torn away, one by one so that the light of the truth, love and understanding can begin to touch you.

This is a great place and I am sure you will learn a lot and make some very good and dear friends on the way.

I look forward to hearing from you in your posts.

Love,
Darren

Kat

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2007, 01:11:12 PM »

Hi Russ,

I'm glad you and your wife have joined us here at the forum  :)
I hope you will ask questions, there are so many here that you can get many prospectives.
We learn so much from the sharing that goes on here,
and the fellowship is a great thing to have too .

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

PKnowler

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2007, 01:15:46 PM »

Hi Russ,

Welcome to you and your wife! It's nice to have you here. It is wonderful to discover that the gospel truly IS the GOOD NEWS!
 Ray's writing sure help take the blinders off. I look forward to getting to know you.

Blessings, Paula  :)

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2007, 07:05:25 PM »

Hi Russ,

I also would like to welcome you and your wife to the forum.  I appreciated reading your honest, heartfelt comments.  In addition to all the fine replies from the other brothers and sisters, I just wanted to say that there is no need to fear or worry because Christ knows His own sheep and His sheep know His voice (John. 10:4, 14).

I look forward to reading your future posts.

Rene'

iris

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2007, 07:54:59 PM »

Hi Russ,

I would like to welcome you and your wife to the forum.
I'm glad you all are here and look forward to your fellowship.

John6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Philippians 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Thank you for posting.

Iris

DWIGHT

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2007, 10:26:13 PM »

Hi Russ,

I just want to welcome you and your wife and say Amen! to all of what my brothers and sisters have said.  This place is like the cave that David went to flee from King Saul.  We are not perfect for sure and all of us have experienced the doubts that you have, but we are of like mind in Him and God has been so gracious to reveal so much to us because He created this hunger and thirst for righteousness in Him. 

This is the place that you can ask and it shall be given; seek and you will find; knock and it will open to you.  It is a place that is both uplifting and humbling and yet hardly none of have ever met each other in the flesh and yet know each other well in spirit.

We look foward to your fellowship and know that God will keep those tears coming!  :'( ;)

Your brother and friend in Him,

Dwight
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 24 queries.