bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: What Sin Is To a Believer (Who Has Christ's Spirit in Him or Her.)  (Read 18455 times)

Russ Tallmadge

Re: What Sin Is To a Believer (Who Has Christ's Spirit in Him or Her.)
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2007, 02:43:32 PM »

"I never read anywhere that one needed to read the Scriptures in order to know God?"

Darren,
The closest passage that comes to mind is Ps 1:1-3:
Psa 1:1  Happy are those who reject the advice of evil people, who do not follow the example of sinners or join those who have no use for God.
Psa 1:2  Instead, they find joy in obeying the Law of the LORD, and they study it day and night.
Psa 1:3  They are like trees that grow beside a stream, that bear fruit at the right time, and whose leaves do not dry up. They succeed in everything they do.

Hope you are having a blessed day,
Russ

PKnowler

« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2007, 02:55:43 PM »

Thank you for His fruit of joy you share with me Lisa..."strong tree" you say?...maybe....my bark is worse than my bite! ;D

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

That's was a pretty witty comeback Arcturus!  :D So you do have a sense of humor!  :D
Thanks for letting us know that about your "bark". LOL

Blessings, Paula  :)

YellowStone

« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2007, 03:10:24 PM »

"I never read anywhere that one needed to read the Scriptures in order to know God?"

Darren,
The closest passage that comes to mind is Ps 1:1-3:
Psa 1:1  Happy are those who reject the advice of evil people, who do not follow the example of sinners or join those who have no use for God.
Psa 1:2  Instead, they find joy in obeying the Law of the LORD, and they study it day and night.
Psa 1:3  They are like trees that grow beside a stream, that bear fruit at the right time, and whose leaves do not dry up. They succeed in everything they do.

Hope you are having a blessed day,
Russ

Russ,

Thanks for your post :)

You posted:

Psa 1:2  Instead, they find joy in obeying the Law of the LORD, and they study it day and night.[/b
]

They find joy in obeying the Law of the LORD, this is true, but who is this LORD that we must obey him? :)

This is who!!

Rom 1:20
For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, [even] his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Although we can see God and learn of his love and power, we will not have a relationship with him until he draws us to him. (I tried for many years and failed)

Jhn 14:6  Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me

This is my point and I appreciate your comment.

Much Love,
Darren

« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 03:14:10 PM by YellowStone »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2007, 04:37:53 PM »

Hello Paula

Did you read this :

Jehova's Witness
« on: February 08, 2007, 06:48:13 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I sure you are part of the Jehova Witness group. The cult says they don't believe in tithing either and don't. However, they support their cult by going door to door giving away books they must purchase from the organization. All I can say is why are you on the website of Joyce Meyers ministries. You must be a hacker.
    May our Lord have mercy on your soul. If satan hasn't got it already.

Dear Tootsie:
    I know it makes you feel good to call me a JW, but NO, I am not. I also am not on Joyce Myers web site.  The only way that I could be ON her site is if she PUT ME THERE.
    God be with you,
    Ray

PS  God has had a great deal of "mercy on my soul" thank you.  You really don't know much about Satan, do you?  I mean you wouldn't know who Satan is if you were having lunch with him.  Truth be known, you ARE having lunch with him, and YOU, Tootsie, ARE HIS LUNCH!!

I am just at the teething stage and that is why my bark...thick skin...is better than my bite..... ;D...for heretics and false prophets........ ;D that is ;)

I am glad you saw the humor though.....I doubt that Tootsie saw anything at all! ;D

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

PKnowler

« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2007, 04:59:28 PM »

Thanks for sharing that Arcturus! That was pretty witty comeback from Ray!
Satan feds on the dust of the ground- we are that dust! We need not forget it!

I doubt Toosie saw the truth in that statement too!

That was pretty funny that Ray was on Joyce Meyers website so Ray must be a hacker! LOL  :D
So Ray has talents that we don't know about!  ha ha  :D :D :D :D

Blessings, Paula  :)

Robin

« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2007, 07:52:58 PM »

God used many things to drag me. You mention the JWs. I had a study with them once because I was going to convert them to Christianity. By the end of the study I was running around yelling I'm not saved! I'm not ok! That study with them showed me the beast and was the beginning of my journey into the deeper truths of God. God used the movie At Play in the Fields of the Lord to show me clearly that I had to leave the church. I watched a Star Trek episode about Darmok and Gilard at Tanagra and at the end of it I stood up and yelled "The whole bible is a parable!" I was so exited. I could go on and on about the way God taught me things. I did not have a teacher and for some reason God taught me the no freewill series that Ray teaches and a couple of other things before he let me find Ray and this site.

Everything that Ray taught on no freewill and the sovereignty of God was identical to what God taught me and my brother so I trusted him enough with the other teachings, which were very hard for me to accept at first. I almost had a breakdown trying to accept the teachings on Christ when I first got here, but I trusted Ray so I kept putting it before God to show me the truth. I struggled with the teaching on universal salvation, but that was easier to accept after reading Ray's papers. There were some scriptures that I couldn't get past until he explained them.

After learning of so many lies I had to throw away every book I had and only kept the bible. I had a huge stack of books on the curb waiting for the trash man. I will not read any other book, but the bible. I test everything against scripture, but know that even then I can be deceived if I interpret scripture wrong. I put all my trust in God to keep me from deception because I know I can't trust myself.

We really need each other and we need to be watchful.

Matthew 24:23-25
23At that time if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or, 'There he is!' do not believe it. 24For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect—if that were possible. 25See, I have told you ahead of time.

Ecclesiastes 4
 12 Though one may be overpowered,
       two can defend themselves.
       A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.

1 Thessalonians 5
14And we urge you, brothers, warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone. 15Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else.
 16Be joyful always; 17pray continually; 18give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

19Do not put out the Spirit's fire; 20do not treat prophecies with contempt. 21Test everything. Hold on to the good. 22Avoid every kind of evil.

23May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it.

YellowStone

« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2007, 08:11:02 PM »

MG what a poignant post :)

You posted:

We really need each other and we need to be watchful.

Matthew 24:23-25
23  At that time if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or, 'There he is!' do not believe it.
24  For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect—if that were possible.
25  See, I have told you ahead of time.

Ecclesiastes 4:12
 12 Though one may be overpowered,
       two can defend themselves.
       A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.

1 Thessalonians 5:14-24
14  And we urge you, brothers, warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone.
15  Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else.
16  Be joyful always;
17  pray continually;
18  give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
19  Do not put out the Spirit's fire;
20  do not treat prophecies with contempt.
21  Test everything. Hold on to the good.
22  Avoid every kind of evil.
23  May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
24 The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it.

What wonderful instruction. :)

You are so right, we must always test what is said with Scripture; and there is unity and strength in numbers. This is why the forum is such a needed part of my life, because I can be with like minded people. :)

Paul really nails it with the piece of Scripture you quoted. It needs no further explanation.

Thanks for posting this as it was very timely.

Love,
Darren

YellowStone

« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2007, 08:53:28 PM »

Arcturus, this is my last shot too :)

This is how God speaks in many varied ways. What is God saying to you when you see a pretty flower, a rainbow or a mother duck and her little ducklings crossing a road? See what I mean. 

Do you REALLY want to know?  Okay…Rom 1 :20 For ever since the creation of the world His invisible nature and attributes, that is His eternal power and divinity, have been made intelligible and clearly discernible in and through the things that have been made, His handiworks ( you know ducks and things crossing the a road!)

Perfect answer!!!  :)

This is the exact Scripture I used right back at the beginning of this thread. We are in perfect agreement.

Yes Arcturus, God has given me EVERYTHING I need and He is giving it to me when I need it. In his time, not mine.  Surely you do not doubt this.

Still can not see where we have got everything today. Tomorrow maybe….our hope for when Christ returns. Can’t see that He is back yet.

This i believe is the secret Arcturus, surely you agree God HAS given us everything WE NEED now/today. Whileever, we are looking / searching / waiting for more surely does not show graciousness to God for what he has given us already.

Paul stated on this very subject the following:

Thessalonians 5:18
  • give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

Remember also the Words of David:

Psa 23:1-6
  • The LORD [is] my shepherd; I shall not want. (want for anything)
  • He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
  • He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
  • Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou [art] with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
  • Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
  • Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

It seems to me that David was very grateful and thankful for everything that God gave him and wanted for nothing because he KNEW he was to dwell in the house of his Lord forever. Should we not be the same. I have found from my own experience that when ever I am at complete peace and just thankful for everything  God has given me, is when God talks to me most. This may sound strange, but I hope you an others know exactly what I am talking about. :)

I do not seek agreement, nor do I seek approval of man; however, if the words I write are not uplifting to a fellow seeker of truth, then neither am I seeking to please Christ. Does this make sense?

No sorry….cann’t see that one!

Perhaps I worded this a little obscure, so let me explain it in another way.

Let's say it's your first day on the job, and you are nervous because you really want to keep the job and do well.

Scenario 1:
  • Your boss is a micr-manager and is on you every single time you make a mistake, with: "No not like that", "that's not what I wanted didn't I make myself clear?" or "If you can't handle it, I'll give it to someone else !"
Scenario 2:
  • Your boss is a good leader, he motivates you and encourages you. When you make a mistake he/she apologises to you for not making their intentions clearer, or offers you training prior to an event, perhaps even setting up a "buddy" system where you can learn and work at the same time, in a stress free enviroment.
So which of the above scenarios would you say works best for you?

Now this is what I wrote: I do not seek agreement, nor do I seek approval of man; however, if the words I write are not uplifting to a fellow seeker of truth, then neither am I seeking to please Christ. Does this make sense?

If I constantly correct or "add" my opinion of the truth to a thread with no regard to how I make the person I am correcting feel, am I not the same person as Scenario 1?

However, if I offser the same correction but in an uplifting manner (I am working on this constantly) and seek not to tear down, but rather to build up and strengthen with love and compassion, then surely everyone will benefit and Christ will be pleased. Surely such wisdom is worth praying for.

May God never let there be any dissension between us, rather may He let nothing but love for the truth and love for one another.

This is my prayer.

Love,
Darren
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 08:55:57 PM by YellowStone »
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 20 queries.