bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Just got back  (Read 8847 times)

hillsbororiver

Just got back
« on: February 09, 2007, 05:16:37 PM »

Hello everyone,

I just returned from the International Builders Show in Orlando, I had been there since Tuesday. I will be catching up with my PM's and other things here today and tomorrow, for those of you that sent me messages I promise to reply within 24 hours (it is presently Friday 3:15 PM).

There are a few things that need my attention here in Tampa, then I will diligintly catch up here.

Joe 

rrammfcitktturjsp

Re: Just got back
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 07:13:29 PM »

Joe,

Welcome back Joe.  I hope that is was very productive for you.  Good luck in getting everything done.  I will look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

DWIGHT

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 10:03:12 PM »

Hi Joe,

Wondered where you went, welcome back! :) ;) ;D

Dwight

gmik

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007, 10:10:08 PM »

Hey, Joe, you've got quite a little family album going on. 8)

just teasing ;D I want to know how to do that!

iris

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2007, 10:15:36 PM »

Hi Joe,

Welcome back!!!

Hope you picked up some good pointers while you were there,
And did you pick up some free stuff?  ;D

Iris

Robin

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2007, 03:24:03 AM »

I'm glad you're back. I was looking for you yesterday and hoping everything was ok.

I was just about to post looking for you and saw that you were here today.

You were missed. :)

hillsbororiver

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2007, 10:14:04 AM »

Thank you all for the warm welcome back, I missed all of you as well.

It was a very interesting show, as usual Kohler had the best displays they must have spent millions on the booth, running water in most of the samples and an incredibly imaginative product line and in how they set it all up. My main point of interest was in the "Building Science" home building process, a revolutionary concept of using Physics in designing homes to keep the moisture (even vapor) out and the building intact even through hurricanes and tornados, I find the process fascinating. Yes Iris, I got lots of promotional stuff and some great food as well, all I had to do was sit through a display of cookware being used by chefs for some great gourmet meals, after a day or two I was on a first name basis with many of them.  :D

Gena, if you go to your Profile page you can change your profile and add pictures from your "My Pictures" folder in your computer.

Thank you all again,

Joe

PKnowler

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2007, 04:21:31 PM »

Hey Joe, I forgot to tell you that it is good to have you back! It sounds like an interesting Builders show you went to and then to get a gourmet meal to boot. Cool! I've watched a similar type building expo in a show on HGTV. They have some cool technology to display at those shows. Are you a builder or planning on building your own house?

~ Paula  :)

hillsbororiver

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2007, 04:39:58 PM »

Hello Paula,

Thank you for the warm welcome back!

I have been in residential construction for longer than I care to remember.  :D

Presently I am a manager for a builder here in Tampa, been with this company for 6 years and counting, they are a good company to work for and it is nice to be proud of the product that we build. I built my (personal) last house about a year and a half ago and I love this location so I will probably stay put here, unless of course the Lord has other plans.  :o

His Peace to you Sister,

Joe   

PKnowler

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2007, 11:54:18 AM »

Hey Joe,

That's cool that you built your own home! I know it can be quite a job though. I've always wanted to build our own home but it helps to have a husband in construction. My husband works in the computer field. He can do construction but he is too busy do take on another job of building. My parents built their dream home when I was a kid. My dad was a roofer (like Ray) and swapped out labor to finish the house. It was a beautiful home!

It's good that you are working with a company to where you are proud of product of what you build! I've never been to Tampa but I've been to other parts of Florida and it is nice there.

Blessings!
~Paula
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 03:18:57 PM by PKnowler »

hebrewroots98

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2007, 01:13:17 PM »

Welcome back Joe ;D...

That is neat that you have built your own house.  My DH also wants to do the same, only he wants to build in a way that we would never have to depend on the city or government for any electricity, gas, water, etc... you know, incase all heck breaks loose in this country.   He is a construction man as well, but he doesn't need to be doing this project himself!  We don't know where we should build at right now, but, that is ok, since it will take some time to get the money together anyway.  We are seeking The Lords' will on this.

I HAVE AN IDEA...LETS HAVE EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM ALL GATHER TOGETHER IN A COMMUNE TYPE STYLE AND LIVE AT THE LONGHORN RANCH, BUT RAY MUST COME TOO ;) ;D ;D ;D
THEN WE CAN ALL HELP TO BUILD EACH OTHERS' HOMES ;)  We could then get off of this COMPUTER ;) and just walk to the teachers' house!  Now that would be some fellowship!!! ;D

Joe, we will be taking our son to Disney World (there in Orlando) sometime within the next six months or so (probably in Aug or Sept), we are hoping to be able to meet Ray (after we go to Orlando and make our way up the coast to North Carolina where family lives), does he have scheduled times that he meets and has bible studies?    Also, do you go there often,we would love to meet you as well.  This would personalize this forum for me in a much deeper way. :D 

PKnowler

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2007, 03:25:10 PM »

Hey Susan,

My husband and I have talked about building a house off the grid in case times get bad. I'm sure our husbands would get along well. Even though my husband is not in the construction field he will do what he needs to do to take care of his family!

Now a commune is a swell idea! I like the idea of getting off the computer and walking next door to talk to a person!  ;)

Blessings!  :)
~Paula
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 03:57:45 PM by PKnowler »

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2007, 03:53:41 PM »

Susan,

YOu know how I feel about Lubbock.  It is home <sighes wistfully> and I do not know if I can leave it.  Though a commune is a great idea.  But then, I think we should all be lights of truth where God has called us to be.  Perhaps, we could build a retreat center or something like that.

I am sure some of you would be eventually annoyed at me and kick me out LOL.

Take care all of you.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

hebrewroots98

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2007, 04:00:53 PM »

Paula, Yes, our husbands would probably get along well together :D   Yes, it does sound appealing to just walk next door and to visit!

Anne, yes, Lubbock is hard to leave, however, I DO LIKE YOUR IDEA OF A RETREAT CENTER!!!  WE COULD ALL MEET THERE FOR A VACATION FOR AT LEAST ONCE A YEAR AND THEN DO A TIME SHARE KIND OF THING TO WHERE WE COULD GO AND BE AROUND DIF MEMBERS HERE AT DIF TIMES OF THE YEAR; ALL YEAR LONG.  RAY COULD SHOW UP AND WE COULD REALLY HAVE A GREAT FELLOWSHIPPING TIME ;D

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2007, 04:16:15 PM »

Susan,

Yes that would be a great idea.  Just needs to be a lot of chocholate and some chocholate gravy LOL.  I am feeling a little better.  Ring ring.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

hillsbororiver

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2007, 05:48:42 PM »

Hey Joe,

That's cool that you built your own home! I know it can be quite a job though. I've always wanted to build our own home but it helps to have a husband in construction. My husband works in the computer field. He can do construction but he is too busy do take on another job of building. My parents built their dream home when I was a kid. My dad was a roofer (like Ray) and swapped out labor to finish the house. It was a beautiful home!

Hello Paula,

I actually did very little of the physical work (some trim here and there) I was more like the GC (General Contractor) or Project Manager on my house, I did the scheduling of materials and labor and also the pre inspection inspections. I built my house with a pencil, not a hammer!
  :D

It's good that you are working with a company to where you are proud of product of what you build! I've never been to Tampa but I've been to other parts of Florida and it is nice there.

Yes, working for a company that produces a worthwhile quality product sure beats the alternative, I have been there too.

The Tampa/St Pete area is very nice, other than the 3 or 4 blistery summer months it is fantastic.

Blessings!
~Paula

His Peace Sister,

Joe

hillsbororiver

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2007, 06:10:19 PM »

Welcome back Joe ;D...

Thank you very much!

That is neat that you have built your own house.  My DH also wants to do the same, only he wants to build in a way that we would never have to depend on the city or government for any electricity, gas, water, etc... you know, incase all heck breaks loose in this country.   He is a construction man as well, but he doesn't need to be doing this project himself!  We don't know where we should build at right now, but, that is ok, since it will take some time to get the money together anyway.  We are seeking The Lords' will on this.

The Lord put it all together for me and my family, His fingerprints are all over this house and property. Maybe someday I will write a post about all the things that came together outside of anything I could have possibly done on my own. Praise Him!

I HAVE AN IDEA...LETS HAVE EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM ALL GATHER TOGETHER IN A COMMUNE TYPE STYLE AND LIVE AT THE LONGHORN RANCH, BUT RAY MUST COME TOO ;) ;D ;D ;D
THEN WE CAN ALL HELP TO BUILD EACH OTHERS' HOMES ;)  We could then get off of this COMPUTER ;) and just walk to the teachers' house!  Now that would be some fellowship!!! ;D

I know many here sometimes get a bit tired of a virtual me,  :P  I would hate to subject them to the flesh and blood version 24/7 !   ;)

Joe, we will be taking our son to Disney World (there in Orlando) sometime within the next six months or so (probably in Aug or Sept), we are hoping to be able to meet Ray (after we go to Orlando and make our way up the coast to North Carolina where family lives), does he have scheduled times that he meets and has bible studies?    Also, do you go there often,we would love to meet you as well.  This would personalize this forum for me in a much deeper way. :D 

Are you driving from Texas? If you are then as you drive through Mobile, Alabama on Route 10 you would be within 10-15 minutes of Ray's house. I live about 550 miles away so it is a bit of a journey, one I wish I could make more often. The fellowship at the Conference was indescribable, I am sure the fellowship at the Bible Studies is fantastic too, right Kat? Kat knows the schedule for the home studies as she attends them.

If you are driving to Orlando from the west one of the routes you can take is I-75 to I-4, I-4 takes you right to Orlando/Disney. If you are on I-75 (before you reach I-4) you will travel along a portion of the Hillsborough River and cross over it from time to time, one of those passes will bring you within 1 mile of my house.

Let me know when your plans are set, I would love to meet you and your family.

His Peace to you Sister,

Joe

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2007, 06:14:00 PM »

Okay Joe,

How do you respond to other people's message in that box?  It seems so much easier than coying and pasting and centering and making other peoples' text red?

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

hillsbororiver

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2007, 06:22:43 PM »

Okay Joe,

No problem Anne,

How do you respond to other people's message in that box?  It seems so much easier than coying and pasting and centering and making other peoples' text red?

Just click the "Quote" tab and respond to the portions of the quote you desire, space it with the "Enter" key and then highlight the text in the color of your choice.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

You are very welcome!

Anne C. McGuire

Joe

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2007, 06:26:32 PM »

Joe,

Thanks, now I can get in deeper conversations, becuase it was time consuming to do it the other way.  I shall go and use one of Susan's post as a guinea pig, becuase I wanted to respond to her earlier today.  Thanks.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 15 queries.