bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crucifying Christ  (Read 13265 times)

sansmile

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • my beautiful grandchildren
Re: Crucifying Christ
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2007, 10:25:25 PM »

When Christ spoke to Peter and said:

(Mat 16:23)  But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

Peter at that time  didn't know satan was being allowed to work in him. And in a way i suppose, thats exactly what was happening to those roman soldiers  and only Jesus could see that. Hate the sin not the sinner.

GB sandie
Walk in the Spirit

gmik

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2007, 10:54:21 PM »

Arcturus, what a sad but uplifting story.  The Agape love would see those 2 men in Glory (after judgement) "fellowshipping" with your late husband.  Had I known about this happening to you a year ago, I would have hated the 2 men.

Listening to Ray define phileo and agape has taken scales off my eyes.  I can't stop thinking about it.  God agapes the world, but He phileo's us.  How humbling!  We don't have to phileo the evil ones in this life, but to Agape them-want them to be purified in the Divine Fire.  How liberating!

Redbird

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2007, 11:09:36 PM »

Amen, Arcturus and Gena, amen....

Love, Lisa
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 11:47:50 PM by Redbird »

hebrewroots98

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2007, 11:50:18 PM »

What a GREAT thread you guys!!!  Joe, you show deep insight! :D 

Anne, you are showing wonderful growth.  I enjoy seeing these Spiritual versus Phycial realities coming alive in your life, and that you are fully embracing them...  and I love to see that in you!!! :D  Terry has copied off some of the BT topics for you.  There are several to go for sure before the complete set is ready.

Arcturus; what a testimony!!   God has brought you so far too and has blessed you with grace overflowing!!  Thank God for HIS continual dragging! :D

Gena, the scales have been lifted from my eyes as well!! ;D

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2007, 12:26:29 AM »

Susan,

I am glad that you can see the progress in my life, sometimes I do not feel differently, but I am coming into the truth now, and feel so released and free.

I thank God everyday for all you my brothers and sisters here on the forum.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

hebrewroots98

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2007, 12:35:47 AM »

Anne, Oh yeah, I see your release!!!  (...and the rtruth will set you free...)(peace that passes all understanding...)... 

(Will 12:.30 work for piano lessons?  Remind me to take you to the Chiro tomorrow after piano lessons.) 

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2007, 12:38:23 AM »

Thank you Gena, Lisa, Sue and Anne

It is so amazing how our Lord is working through us. I have not thought about this aspect of my life for years and certainly not in the way I posted. My husband got between two men. I have no idea what he was thinking at the time all I know is that it was His time.  Did he think that if he took that step between those two strangers that he would die? I doubt it. I might be wrong but this much I do know... Jesus KNEW that He was about to be Crucified. It was Jesus who  drank the cup and shed blood in the anguish of Gethsemane. My husband did not shed blood in anxiety of the death he was about to face.Even people on death row who are to be executed do not step into that sinless guiltless part that Jesus suffered in the Garden ahead of His execution.  No one is like Jesus. Jesus is like Jesus and His Spirit is forming us into His image and His likeness not when we mindlessly do an act of heroism in the eyes of the world, but when the fruit of His Spirit of love, joy, peace, kindness, goodness, patience, gentleness, faithfulness and long suffering shows through. Ehp 5 :9  HIS was, is and ever will be the Spirit of Love towards (Agape) all of us as he cried to the Father and turned to God the Father in His darkest hour in the garden And His Father responded because His was the joy that He won Heb 12 :2 ...Jesus...who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame....His is the Peace he gave to us John 14 : 27 Peace I leave with you, My Peace I give you, It is His kindness Titus 3 : 3,4,5 ..For we ourselves were hateful and hating one another.4. But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared 5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done.... and it is our leaning on the goodness of Him through which we can show our love (Agape) for each other Col 1 :4 For we have heard of your faith in Christ Jesus, the leaning of your entire human personality on Him in absolute trust and confidence in His power, wisdom, and goodness and Rev 14 : 12 Here comes in a call for the steadfastness of the saints, the patience, the endurance of the people of God, those who habitually keep God's commandments and their faith in Jesus and His Spirit 1 Cor 13 : 4 Love endures long and is patient and kind…

Little wonder He said, without Me you can do nothing! and when we do anything that is true, honest, just, pure, loveley or of good report we should all see which Spirit that comes from. It is Him and He comes again to complete in us what He has begun! Heb 9 : 28 Even so it is that Christ, having been offered to take upon Himself and bear as a burden the sins of many once and once for all, will appear a second time, not to carry any burden of sin nor to deal with sin, but to bring to ful salvation those who are eagerly, constantly, and patiently waiting for and expecting Him.

Peace to you

Arcturus  :)

hebrewroots98

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2007, 12:50:55 AM »

indeed Arcturus!  The sisterhood is back in my life, thanks to all of you ladies on this forum.  I find great pleasure in this fellowshipping with you all, as it is my PASSION IN LIFE to know the truths and to live them out in faith and through the fruits of the spirit, as I know you all want the same. 

Arcturus, what version of the bible do you use?  I like the simplicity of it. 

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2007, 01:09:43 AM »

Sue

I use the amplified version often and I have to confess though....when I see that word eternal...I edit it out! :D

I do not always use the same translations. From the King James....I also edit thy and thou  into contemporary english .... :D

I have the Message Bible and that too is great for modern day terms. Word on the Street is another version I enjoy!

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

hebrewroots98

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2007, 01:49:30 AM »

I'll check into those versions, as I have just nearly everything except the Amplified.  I've never heard of WORD ON THE STREET either, sounds interesting.  Thank you!!!!

DWIGHT

« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2007, 01:55:05 AM »

To my wonderful brothers and sisters,

I just came home from a very long and tough day at work.  This morning I had a real burden to pray for all of you, so I went through the list as best as I could, naming you and praying for you one by one.  I almost went to bed when I came home because I was just worn to a frazzle.  But then I thought I would just have a quick look at the forum and see what was going on.  I have read this whole thread and it has completely uplifted my whole body, soul and spirit.

I am watching you all grow in the Lord before my very eyes (which are full of tears at this moment).  My love for you all is so deep right now that I'm not able to utter it.  You are all my family; remember when they said to the Lord that your mother and your brothers want to see you and Jesus said, who is my mother and who is my brother but he that does the will of my Father.  I see all of you wanting to do the will of the Father and I want to do the will of the Father so you are my mother and my brothers and my sisters; you are my real family.

The moment I heard Ray talk about the true meanings of love, I knew that God had unveiled to us a marvelous truth that would unlock and free so many of us that have been held captive by the lies of the enemy for centuries.  This is the love that our Lord Jesus has for us; this is special, this is from His own heart.  I've prayed that the Father would help us love Jesus the way that He loves Jesus and that Jesus would help us love the Father the way that He loves the Father and now I really believe that God is answering this prayer through this knowledge of His love.

"21 In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.
22 All things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal him.
23 And he turned him unto his disciples, and said privately, Blessed are the eyes which see the things that ye see:
24 For I tell you, that many prophets and kings have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them."  Luke 10:21-24.

Blessed our eyes and blessed are our ears!

Your brother,

Dwight

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2007, 02:01:03 AM »

Lump in my throat and tears in my eyes too after reading and seeing Jesus through your post too Dwight.

thank you

Peace to you brother

Arcturus  :)

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2007, 02:10:49 AM »

Dwight,

Ohhhh how nice.  I am so glad that you found the boost after a hard day.  I love this forum as well.  Dang it Dwight, you made me cry.  And that seldom happens.  It is a great honor and pleasure to grow in the Truth with you and the rest of the forum.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

hebrewroots98

« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2007, 02:14:13 AM »

Aw Dwight, that was very encouraging and very touching.  You made me smile as I sit here in the lliving room alone while my guys are fast asleep.  You said this very elequently!  Thank you for letting us know how you feel for us.  I say ditto to the fact that WE ARE FAMILY HERE!!!   I was just thinking of that very scripture today while posting and it truly warms my heart everytime...this is the stuff that I live for :D.  This is a peice of heaven on Earth for sure.  That is so neat to know that GOD thinks so much of us that HE reveals these age old pearls of truth to us and that HE witholds them from the Leaders of the world and from the masses!!!  I am glad that we were able to help you to smile as well! ;D ;D

WE PHILEO YOU TOO
WE AGAPE' YOU TOO
WE STORGE' YOU TOO (FAMILY LOVE) :D

PKnowler

« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2007, 12:51:21 PM »

I enjoyed your post too Dwight. Thank you for sharing with us the depths of your heart. You are such an encourager.
And I am edified by your writing! I always look forward to what you have to say.

We are blessed that God has chosen to reveal His truths to us. Thanks for reminding us. That is a beautiful scripture you quoted.
I love this : Luke 10:24 For I tell you, that many prophets and kings have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.

Wow! We are blessed!

Blessings, Paula  :)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 01:45:20 PM by PKnowler »

iris

« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2007, 01:25:53 PM »

To my wonderful brothers and sisters,

I just came home from a very long and tough day at work.  This morning I had a real burden to pray for all of you, so I went through the list as best as I could, naming you and praying for you one by one.  I almost went to bed when I came home because I was just worn to a frazzle.  But then I thought I would just have a quick look at the forum and see what was going on.  I have read this whole thread and it has completely uplifted my whole body, soul and spirit.

I am watching you all grow in the Lord before my very eyes (which are full of tears at this moment).  My love for you all is so deep right now that I'm not able to utter it.  You are all my family; remember when they said to the Lord that your mother and your brothers want to see you and Jesus said, who is my mother and who is my brother but he that does the will of my Father.  I see all of you wanting to do the will of the Father and I want to do the will of the Father so you are my mother and my brothers and my sisters; you are my real family.

The moment I heard Ray talk about the true meanings of love, I knew that God had unveiled to us a marvelous truth that would unlock and free so many of us that have been held captive by the lies of the enemy for centuries.  This is the love that our Lord Jesus has for us; this is special, this is from His own heart.  I've prayed that the Father would help us love Jesus the way that He loves Jesus and that Jesus would help us love the Father the way that He loves the Father and now I really believe that God is answering this prayer through this knowledge of His love.

"21 In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.
22 All things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal him.
23 And he turned him unto his disciples, and said privately, Blessed are the eyes which see the things that ye see:
24 For I tell you, that many prophets and kings have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them."  Luke 10:21-24.

Blessed our eyes and blessed are our ears!

Your brother,

Dwight

Thank you Dwight for this wonderful post. It tugged at my heart as I read it; it was so encouraging.
Thank you for sharing from the depths of your heart.

Peace and Love,
Iris

gmik

« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2007, 03:22:51 PM »

I think Dwight is pretty brave to jump in amongst all the women yakking.

(said trying to force the tears back in and not get sappy!)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 22 queries.