bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: God's method of speaking  (Read 4149 times)

love_magnified

God's method of speaking
« on: April 07, 2006, 08:32:50 PM »

This has helped me understand much of the scripture. I heard it on an audio recently:

Romans 4:17
As it is written, I have made you the father of many nations. [He was appointed our father] in the sight of God in Whom he believed, Who gives life to the dead and speaks of the nonexistent things [He has foretold and promised] as if they [already] existed.

Genesis 17:5
Nor shall your name any longer be Abram [high, exalted father]; but your name shall be Abraham [father of a multitude], for I have made you the father of many nations.

This is how we can understand God's dealings with us. Why does He speak as though something has already been done and yet it hasn't? This is the source of alot of confusion among Christians.

bobf

Re: God's method of speaking
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2006, 11:19:17 PM »

Absolutely, and here is another witness.

Isaiah 46:9 Remember the former things of old: for I [am] God, and [there is] none else; [I am] God, and [there is] none like me, 10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times [the things] that are not [yet] done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure.

lilitalienboi16

God's method of speaking
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2006, 11:35:20 PM »

Truly amazing wisdom here! :)

Thanks for this information, i heard rescently something about thi.

love_magnified

God's method of speaking
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2006, 06:12:53 PM »

Sometimes it can be confusing for people to understand (for example) how Christ has already set the captives free, and yet it hasn't happened yet. Glad this helped. Christ did it all on the cross. Everyone is already saved. Yet not everyone is saved until the end.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 20 queries.