bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Amazing!!!!  (Read 9220 times)

jennie

Amazing!!!!
« on: February 10, 2007, 07:08:40 PM »

It just came to me as I am reading through the posts of how incredible it is that we can all communicate together. As I read, I was thinking about all the different areas of the world we all come from. Our lives are different, our experiences are often different, even the way we talk is different. Some of us eat chocolate gravy and some don't! We are all so different but are in the same family .... God's family!!! It just almost leaves me speechless to consider the wonder of it all.  There is so much good to think of. I keep a little notebook that I call My Joys. I try to jot down at the end of the day at least 3 good things but I usually end up with more than I can even write about. My good things for this day.... fellowshipping with ya'll, having a clear mountain day, getting to share my life with my Michael, having our daughter and new son and too much more to say! I hope ya'll have a great evening and get to think about the "joys" of this day in your life! Much love, Jennie

YellowStone

Re: Amazing!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 07:49:34 PM »

Jennie, my dear sister you bring so much to this forum :)

I really enjoy reading your loving, homely posts. And please don't stop talking about the biscuits and gravy. :)

Yes, we are so fortuant <sp> to come together and praise God every day. :)

Great timely post,

Love,
Darren

DWIGHT

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2007, 08:49:28 PM »

Sister Jennie,

You're like a breath of fresh air.  It is amazing to me also that I can fellowship with saints all around the world.  The internet has so much evil, but God has turned to our good.....kinda like Joseph and his brothers! ;D  God bless.

Dwight

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 11:31:21 AM »

Jennie,

Yum choocholate stuff and gravy.  Yeah I am glad to see that there are wierd people in this forum as well.  <grins>

You are such a blessing. 

Thanks for posting this thread.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

gmik

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2007, 11:42:59 AM »

;D ;D ;D  Darren, I hope you meant HOMEY and not HOMELY. Just teasing!!

Dwight- that is so true about the internet!  I love the "Joseph" story.  We don't talk about it much, but I know there are many lessons to learn from him.

Anne & Jennie:  It is STILL amazing to me how many from around the world we fellowship with.  I just love it.  When I know where people are from I read the posts w/ that accent!! ;D

This is Sunday morning and I feel like I have been fellowshipping out in the vestibule.  When I go thru all the new posts that is my church!  Listening to Ray's audios are the "Revival" nights -special(remember those?) Reading his site or reviewing my notes from his lessons are my biblestudy & then there is prayertime.   

Praise the Lord brothers & sisters.  We are so blessed!  God Bless you all (or y'all)

PKnowler

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2007, 05:23:05 PM »

Hey Jennie,

Thanks for sharing your ponderings on our fellowship. It is a pretty awesome thing that we can come together from all over the world with all different kinds of backgrounds and fellowship on the internet. I am thankful for our unity in the Word and Ray's writing. It is a rare to nil thing to find outside the internet.

That's really cool that you keep a journal of blessings and write 3 things in it every day. Maybe we can do something like that here in another section of the board. That would be cool to read and uplifting to our spirits.

I love your homey homely post (he he)- even if I don't like the idea of chocolate gravy. yuck!

Gena you wrote:
When I know where people are from I read the posts w/ that accent!!

You're a hoot! That's so cute! What a novel idea! I think I'll try it. Now I will be seeking to find out where people are from.
They won't hear me attempting to use their accent so they won't think I am making fun of them. LOL  :D

Dwight it is wonderful how God uses for good the things the world uses for evil.

Blessings, Paula  :)

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2007, 05:34:48 PM »

Jennie

I too was lifted to read your post full of joy!

Thank you for sharing.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

iris

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2007, 02:07:08 PM »

Hi Jennie,

Thanks for such a beautiful post!

There's not much more that I can add than what everyone else has already said.
It truly is a wonderful thing for all of us to be able to come together to fellowship,
and yet live miles and countries apart.

Iris

hebrewroots98

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2007, 02:27:20 PM »

I will immediately start a post that everyone can post what things make them joyous each day....so "YALL GIT RIDDY CUZ AM FIXIN' TA START SAYIN' THE JOZ  OF MA LAF!" ON THAT THAR FORUM,...THAT'S TEXA/SOUTHERN ACCENT ;)

DWIGHT

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2007, 09:03:51 PM »

Texas is so big that it even has its own language. :D :o ::) ;)  Praise God for all my brothers and sisters in Texas!!!!!!!

Dwight

gmik

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2007, 10:37:18 PM »

Ha. Great Fun!

Did yu know Michigan Territory around  St. Joseph on Lake Michigan was owned and ruled by Spain???    ....for 1 whole day!  Michigan has had 4 Flags flown over it, as I believe Texas.  Michiganders have an accent too.  Like I live in Adrian-A dree ann.  But all people born here say Adrin, but they spell it Adrain!!!  Moun tain is pronounced MOUNT in.  Anyhoo it is not a pretty accent like the South!!

The UP of Michigan has its own language going on.  They call us Trolls, cuz we live under (south of) the Bridge.

Boy, I have been out of my class too long!  I need STUDENTS!!!!!

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2007, 11:08:11 PM »

Gena,

I did not know that thanks for sharing.  <whispers>  Texas had six flags flown over it.  Hence our Amusement park named that.

As to naming them I am not sure.  Okay fellow Texans, what flags flew over our hallowed state?

I know Spain, Mexico, France?, The Present U.S., our Country Flag when we were country before becoming a state, and I for sure don't know the other.

Ahhhh, but our Grand State of Texas, is like a country.  It's awesome, and I am proud to be a Texan and a Lubbockite.

Go Red Raiders.

<sings at the top of her lungs Texas Our Texas>

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

gmik

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2007, 11:23:32 PM »

Did you make up "lubbockite"?????

Anne you do have a great sense of humor.

Ok, Spain, france, Texas, British, Mexican, and US.  And duh, I've been to 6 flags- and nver thought of it that way.

This is very  haaard for   me .....to do but but .....I can't I musn't use any   ICONs.

ta daaaaaa

I gotta go to bed, I am getting way too silly.

PS.   Where is jENNIE????? YOOOO HOOOOO

hebrewroots98

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2007, 02:35:27 AM »

GENA, YOU ....DIDN'T USE ANY ICONS....NOW THAT IS REAL SELF CONTROL IF I'VE EVER SEEN IT ;D

YEP, THAT IS WHY THE AMUSEMENT PARKS IS CALLED 6 FLAGS OVER TEXAS ;)

FROM, THE OTHER LUBBOCKITE (TRUE WORD :o)

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2007, 04:36:54 AM »

Gena,

<grins>  I cannot take credit for Lubbokite, I do not know where I came up with that one, but I adopted it into my own working vocabulary.  I often do that with neat phrases or words that I come across which is very often.

Grins>>> Glad to see someone figured out the Six Flags over Texas.  I should have known, but I have slept since my Texas History class in 7th grade.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

hillsbororiver

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2007, 08:20:53 AM »

Okay fellow Texans, what flags flew over our hallowed state?

I know Spain, Mexico, France?, The Present U.S., our Country Flag when we were country before becoming a state, and I for sure don't know the other.

Hi Anne,

Not a Texan here just a transplanted New Yorker who as a kid fantasized about being a cowboy in Texas, anyway the answer to your question........

1. Spain

2. France

3. Mexico

4. Republic of Texas

5. Confederate States of America (The missing country)

6. United States of America

Sometimes the answers we are looking for come from where you might least expect them.  :o

Joe

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2007, 10:45:37 AM »

Joe,

Ahhhhh, yes the Confederacy, how the heck could I have forgotten that?   ;D  I would have never expected that.  And after driving in the south seeing the Confederate flag posted all over the place.

From your post I am not sure if you are in Texas or not.  If you are then welcome to the Grandest state in the Union, and if you are not, well then come and visit. Yeeehaaawww!!!!!!  New York is a fun state and city <smiles>

Gena, I just now saw that you posted the British Flag as to flying over Texas.

jennie

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2007, 03:32:15 PM »

I am here. I am praying and turning some things over in my mind and heart. If we are gonna use accents I should have said it like this...Ah am just prayin and turnin some tings ovah in mah mind. (That's hard to write the way I speak).

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2007, 04:04:59 PM »

Jennie

That sounds really strange ;D :D to an english accent!  ::)

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

jennie

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2007, 04:27:49 PM »

Yes it does. My sis-in -law is British and it took quite some time for us to be able to understand each other.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 20 queries.