bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tithing  (Read 5052 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Tithing
« on: February 10, 2007, 11:51:55 PM »

Ray, our church provides a great number of pastoral services to our membership and to the community. Our outreach programs save taxpayers, literally, hundreds of thousands every year. We have staff, offices in buildings that must have lights, heat, and furniture. How do suppose that all gets paid for?

Your commentary is good and your theology is mostly sound (you have made some interesting errors) but you seem dedicated to eliminating the church and to discouraging giving to the church. Why is that?

Charley

Dear Charley:
    Okay, let me see: "How do I suppose that all gets paid for?"  Hmmmmmm?  Let me guess..............................WITH MONEY?  Am I close?  A CHECK, backed by MONEY?   Charley, guess How i pay all my taxes, utilities, etc?  How do you suppose that it all gets paid?  That's RIGHT--I TITHE THEM PAID.  Yes, I "tithe" my taxes, and I "tithe" my utility bill until I "tithe" them paid in full.  Pretty silly, huh?  Paying bills with money IS NOT TITHING AND NEVER WAS TITHING AND NEVER WILL BE TITHING. It is called "paying bills."  Now you can pay them with a "cheeful giver" attitude, but you can't "tithe" them paid.  Money is not a "tithable" commodity.
    God be with you,
    Ray

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 23 queries.