bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Practice makes purr-fect: Nora - The piano-playing cat  (Read 6048 times)

eggi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Practice makes purr-fect: Nora - The piano-playing cat
« on: February 11, 2007, 11:22:37 AM »

What an achievement! Cats are smart!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ860P4iTaM&eurl=
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

rrammfcitktturjsp

Re: Practice makes purr-fect: Nora - The piano-playing cat
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 11:28:33 AM »

Eggi,

Some simple 2nds and maybe some 3rds thrown in. Mosthly some chromatic seconds and some whole steps.  On the all pleasing.   I loved how the cat played with both hands at one time.  Speaking of practicing <looks around and mutters oops> I have got to go and get some practicing done.

Great humor, I am going to post this on the piano forums that I am a member of.

Thanks for sharing.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

PIANO rules!!!!!!!!!!!

eggi

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 11:33:55 AM »

PIANO rules!!!!!!!!!!!

Indeed it does! I also think that the cat has an ear for nice sounding cluster chords, an exquisite harmonic taste.
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 12:44:49 PM »

Eggi,

I did notice that.  The cat was actually harmonizing quite well, tho he seldom if not at all made use of melody.  I sometimes am bugged by my music studies, becuase I anaylze every bit of music that comes my way.

Are you a musician?

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

eggi

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2007, 01:52:06 PM »

Hi Anne,

I'm not a musician as in professional musician, but I have played the piano since I was seven years old (which means for twenty years now (where did all the time go?)). I studied at a music college, but after that I decided to study IT. Music has always been a hobby, and I decided to leave it that way. When I was thirteen I "converted" to playing jazz (learning pieces by ear and improvising quite a bit) and I also began playing the piano/keyboards in the church youth choir's quartet. I kept doing this until I was about twenty, and since then I have only played occasionally, and I've had some semi-pro gigs (playing with professional singers etc.). Right now, I'm all too busy with getting a job, and music has been really "on the shelf" as to say. I do plan on getting my piano tuned when I can afford this... It's a bit honky-tonk, and the E2 is broken...

However, I am blessed with an 88-key synthesizer with weighed action, so I'm playing on that one whenever I feel the urge... I enjoy sequencing/producing songs, and I've done some playbacks for singers.

So, to give you an answer to your question (in the end)  ;) I am a hobby musician...  ;D

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2007, 02:09:24 PM »

Eggi,

Totally works for me.  Sounds like you have a lot of fun.  Must be nice not being told what to play or to practice.  ;D  Ahhhh, perhaps when I am done with my degrees, I can choose what to play for once.  :D

Thanks for sharing.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

eggi

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2007, 06:01:15 PM »

Anne,

I don't give up. The cat has competition! And from a baby (backed up by a chihuahua):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYiyJ_cDxrg

gmik

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2007, 06:13:41 PM »

OMG ;D ;D ;D

That was sooooo cute.  My cats only slept on my piano!!  Has Sandy seen this?

Sorin

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2007, 07:37:38 PM »

Amazing!

iris

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2007, 09:52:09 PM »

That was really cute!  ;D  ;D  ;D

Iris

DWIGHT

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2007, 03:09:02 AM »

I've always wanted to play the piano, so maybe there's hope!!!  :o ;D ::)

Dwight

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2007, 11:36:37 AM »

Eggi,

<stands cheering for Nora the cat>  I would have to admit that I love the cat better beuase he is playing the piano.  And I love the piano.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

SandyFla

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2007, 04:04:24 PM »

That is ADORABLE! What talent ... she can even play without looking at the keys. It shows she has years of practice.  ;)

And with her head lying on the keys, it proves she can play by ear!  ;D

Sandy

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2007, 04:07:03 PM »

Sandy,

Playing by ear now that is funny.  And I can appreciate that LOL.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

gmik

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2007, 10:32:24 PM »

That is ADORABLE! What talent ... she can even play without looking at the keys. It shows she has years of practice.  ;)

And with her head lying on the keys, it proves she can play by ear!  ;D

Sandy

Ha.  Good One!   
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 22 queries.