bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: The flute?  (Read 8940 times)

M_Oliver

The flute?
« on: February 11, 2007, 09:55:36 PM »

Have you heard the flute?  If you know what I mean I am curious as to what you overcame afterwards...

Mark 

longhorn

Re: The flute?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 10:18:29 PM »

I think I heard one just a minute ago, but then again mabey not.

Longhorn

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 01:28:08 AM »

Why did it lose it's magic????;D ;D ;D ;D

Wonder how many will get this one?

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 01:53:18 AM »

Sorry Mark

I have not heard a flute but I sure have heard Trumpet blasts....if you know what I mean..... :D

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

PKnowler

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007, 02:27:06 AM »

Dan 3:15
    Now when you hear the sound of the horn, flute, zither, lyre, harp, pipes and all kinds of music, if you are ready to fall down and worship the image I made, very good. But if you do not worship it, you will be thrown immediately into a blazing furnace. Then what god will be able to rescue you from my hand?"

~Paula

DWIGHT

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2007, 02:59:02 AM »

I'm missing something here; help.  ??? ??? ???

Dwight

iris

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2007, 09:55:11 AM »

Who hasn't heard the flute and overcame afterwards?

Its the horn you have to watch out for!!!  ;D  ;D

Iris

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2007, 11:31:17 AM »

<shakes head>  Ahhhh, no one got it.  Oh well, it won't prevent me from trying again.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

PKnowler

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2007, 12:09:02 PM »

Is not at the sound of the Flute the Praising the BEAST begins....of which we overcome by Fire?

~Paula  ;)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 12:34:58 PM by PKnowler »

M_Oliver

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2007, 07:05:06 PM »

Dan 3:15
    Now when you hear the sound of the horn, flute, zither, lyre, harp, pipes and all kinds of music, if you are ready to fall down and worship the image I made, very good. But if you do not worship it, you will be thrown immediately into a blazing furnace. Then what god will be able to rescue you from my hand?"

~Paula

This is where I was referring Paula.  This whole chapter hit me a bit different last night.  I'm still trying to sort it out and am looking for a little help...What is symbolic of what in your guys' eyes? 

hillsbororiver

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2007, 07:40:01 PM »

Hi Mark,

Let me see if this intertwines with your thoughts here;

Isaiah 5 (Amplified Bible)

12They have lyre and harp, tambourine and flute and wine at their feasts, but they do not regard the deeds of the Lord, neither do they consider the operation of His hands [in mercy and in judgment].

13Therefore My people go into captivity [to their enemies] without knowing it and because they have no knowledge [of God]. And their honorable men [their glory] are famished, and their common people are parched with thirst.

14Therefore Sheol (the unseen state, the realm of the dead) has enlarged its appetite and opened its mouth without measure; and [Jerusalem's] nobility and her multitude and her pomp and tumult and [the drunken reveler] who exults in her descend into it.

15And the common man is bowed down, and the great man is brought low, and the eyes of the haughty are humbled.

16But the Lord of hosts is exalted in justice, and God, the Holy One, shows Himself holy in righteousness and through righteous judgments.

In the King James verse 12 reads "pipe" which is interchangable with flute, perhaps the sound directly preceeds the judgement, grace or chastisement in this life or the destructive path of idol (self) worship. Is this sound the call to His purifying Fire some hear the flute of mercy while others hear the flute leading them to destruction (kind of like the pied piper), who has ears to hear?

Interesting topic.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

Redbird

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2007, 09:59:32 PM »

Hello Mark,

I'm wondering what you heard, and what you had to overcome?   Does St. Luke fit:

21; 16-19 And ye shall be betrayed both by parents, and brethren, and kinsfolk, and friends; and some of you shall they cause to be put to death.  And you shall be hated of all men for my name's sake.  But there shall not a hair on your head perish.  In your patience possess ye your souls.

Daniel 3; 27 And the princes, governors, and captains, and the king's conselors, being gathered together, saw these men, upon whose bodies the fire had no power, nor was a hair of their head singed, neither were their coats changed, nor the smell of fire had passed on them.

Peace, Lisa

sansmile

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • my beautiful grandchildren
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2007, 10:19:47 PM »

So if we have heard the flute, we are being judged now??
Sandie.
Walk in the Spirit

hebrewroots98

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2007, 10:30:50 PM »

Where does the SHOFAR come into play here?  You know, the trumpet that blew at the battle at Jericho, and the walls came tumbling down? ???

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2007, 01:25:48 AM »

hello Sue

I got this from the net.............

A shofar made from the horn of a kudu, in the Yemenite Jewish style. (Photo by: Wikipedia editor Olve Utne (Olve) )
A shofar (IPA: [ˈʃoʊfər] (USA) or [ˈʃəʊfə(r)] (UK); Heb.: שופר) is a horn that is used as a musical instrument for Jewish religious purposes. It is intimately connected with both Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur. The shofar originated in Israel for Jewish callings.

The shofar is mentioned frequently in the Hebrew Bible, from Exodus to Zechariah, and throughout the Talmud and later rabbinic literature. It was the voice of a shofar, "exceeding loud," issuing from the thick cloud on Mount Sinai that made all the Israelites tremble in awe (Exodus 19, 20).
The shofar is prescribed for the announcement of the New Moon and solemn feasts (Num. x. 10; Ps. lxxxi. 4), as also for proclaiming the year of release (Lev. 25. 9). The first day of the seventh month (Tishri) is termed "a memorial of blowing" (Lev. 23. 24), or "a day of blowing" (Num. xxix. 1), the shofar; the modern use of the instrument survives especially in this connection. In earlier days it was employed also in other religious ceremonials, as processions (II Sam. 5. 15; I Chron. 15. 28), or in the orchestra as an accompaniment to the song of praise (Ps. 98. 6; comp. ib. xlvii. 5). More frequently it was used as the signal-horn of war, like the silver trumpets mentioned in Num. 10. 9 (see Josh. 6. 4; Judges 3. 27; 7. 16, 20; I Sam. 8. 3).

Sorry...the photo mentioned did not duplicate into this text....

Peace to you

Arcturus  :)

« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 01:27:15 AM by Arcturus »

hebrewroots98

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2007, 01:37:06 AM »

Thank you Arcturus for the info.  I must have misunderstoof the thread...

My Daniel blows a mean Shofar!!!  He is naturally talented here.  I cannot do it at all.  He has been doing this for several years now and we are familiar with all about it. 

The question in....WHAT IN THE WORLD IS THIS THREAD INTENDING TO SAY????? ???

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2007, 01:39:30 AM »

To All,

I am proud to say that David and I were honored by Daniel becuase he blew the shofar at our wedding in October 2005.

Yes I am confused as to why this thread exists? 

So will whoever started this thread, becuase I scrolled down and it does not say who did, please explain why you posted this thread?

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2007, 01:45:53 AM »

Anne

to see who started the thread scroll to the first post on the thread. That is who started it :D

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2007, 01:47:31 AM »

Siorry Sue

I should have guessed...Hebrew roots! :D ;D

I need a cup of coffee :D ;D

hebrewroots98

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2007, 01:52:08 AM »

Arcturus,  ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D

It's-too early for you and too late for me...  Maybe we should both go back to bed??? ;) ;D

HEBREWROOTS98 ;)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.