bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Update and prayer request  (Read 8336 times)

rrammfcitktturjsp

Update and prayer request
« on: February 12, 2007, 11:45:31 AM »

To Alll,

Please pray that I get better.  I am stuck with one of those nasty migraine headaches.  I am doing everything to get better, and the edge was taken off last night.  I am happy.

My son is now a prolific crawler.  Last night he stood for a few soconds and took a first wobbly step to Susan's hubby.  Of course we are getting teased over this, but he is making me proud.

David is doing great.

Guys and gals, thanks for all your support.  Looking forward to fellowshipping with you even more.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

iris

Re: Update and prayer request
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 11:58:11 AM »

Hi Anne,

My prayers are with you, I hope you get to feeling better.

My daughter started walking at 7 months,
and one of my sons didn't start walking until he was 14 months old.

What a difference!!!  ;D  :D  ;D

Iris

PKnowler

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 12:01:16 PM »

Dear Anne,

I am sorry to hear you are not feeling well. I will pray for you! I hope you get to feeling better. I know it can be hard to rest when your little guy is crawling around everywhere. It is fun when they start taking their first steps though.

Bless you!
~Paula

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 03:23:12 PM »

Hello Anne

Feverfew is a treatment for migraine headaches. IT WORKS!

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007, 03:54:53 PM »

Arcturus,

Never heard of FeverFew, what is it?

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2007, 04:03:30 PM »

Go onto ~Google and type in Feverfew. It will give you what you need to know.

I recommended it to a patient of mine who was suffering very intensly with migraines. She was on Pethadine injections which is drastic! The remedy worked.

You should be able to purchase Feverfew as a suppliment to your diet.

Peace to you

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2007, 04:14:53 PM »

Arcturus,

Yes I know about those darn injections, those have been held over my head literally as a last resort.  I will certainly look into that.

Thanks a bunch.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

gmik

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2007, 10:40:28 PM »

I had migraines for years-the kind where I stayed in a dark bedroom for 3 days-  honestly, I guess my hubby took care of the kids-I was so out of it.  In 1985 someone told me to go to the Chiropractor and that is what took care of it for me.  I did keep a bottle of pills to ward it off when those flurry things came around my eyes.  One time my principal had to drive me home, me throwing up in the back seat of his car, and then he tucked me into my bed (in a messy bedroom).  How humiliating!!!

Anne, try to figure out what triggers them.  For me, it was lack of sleep and not eating on time.  I haven't had one in years!  Give the feverfew a try too.

Migraines did get me out of jury duty tho!

I will be praying for you.

hebrewroots98

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2007, 10:56:15 PM »

Anne, Gina and Arcturus are right.  We must get you into see my chiropractor, Dr. Buchanan.  These adjustments may just do the trick!!!  I would give it at least a dozen tries/adjustments before I would rule him out!    I've seen miricles happen, thanks to Chiro's!  Remind me to tell you the story.  For now go ahead and take the Feverfew just to get rid of the headache.  But,  I'm not mistaking, feverfew is a naturalpathic suppliment.?

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2007, 12:28:59 AM »

Susan,

Okay <throws up the white flag of surrender> I will go and see the chriopractor LOL.  All signs are pointing that way, and I must follow LOL.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2007, 01:19:30 AM »

From the net:........

Feverfew, also known as featherfew and bachelor's buttons, is native to southwest Europe and was brought to America originally as an ornamental. It is commercially cultivated in Japan, Africa and Europe. Greek and European herbalists traditionally used it to reduce fevers.
The herb has a long history of use in traditional and folk medicine as a treatment for disorders often controlled by aspirin, such as fever, headaches and some of the accompanying symptoms such as nausea and depression.

Recently feverfew has been gaining fame as a effective treatment for migraine headaches. It may also help ease diseases caused by chronic inflammation such as arthritis. It is an aromatic plant with a strong and lasting odor, it has been used externally as an insect repellent and for treating insect bites.

It is the combination of ingredients in the feverfew plant that brings such effective relief. It works to inhibit the release of two inflammatory substances, serotonin and prostaglandins, both believed to contribute to the onset of migraines. By inhibiting these amines as well as the production of the chemical histamine, the herb controls inflammation that constricts the blood vessels in the head, and prevents blood vessel spasms which may contribute to headaches.

The plant is rich in sesquiterpene lactones, the principal one being parthenolide. Other constituents include essential oils, flavonoid glycosides, pinene derivatives and costic acid. Feverfew should be taken regularly to receive maximum benefit and protection from migraines.

The tea, drunk cold, may also relieve skin perspiration associated with migraines, and has been used to stimulate appetite, and improve digestion and kidney function.

Clinical tests have shown the use of feverfew may reduce of frequency and severity of headaches. It may be more effective than other nonsteroidal antiinflammatories (NSAIDS), like aspirin. Additional benefits include lower blood pressure, less stomach irritation and a renewed sense of well-being.

It may also relieve dizziness, tinnitus, and painful or sluggish menstruation. Its extracts have been claimed to relieve asthma, coughs, dermatitis and worms.

Parts Used: Leaves and flowers in extract, infusion, and dried in capsules.

Common Use: The herb has historically been used as remedy for headache, inflammation and as a general substitute for ailments treated with aspirin. Its most popular use is for the prevention of migraine headaches and associated symptoms. Pregnant women should not use the herb, and some people have developed mouth ulcers or experienced loss of taste from eating the fresh leaves.

Care: Feverfew is a hearty perennial that will produce an abundant supply of blossoms. It prefers full sun or partial shade and well-drained average soil.

Peace to you

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2007, 01:22:26 AM »

Arcturus,

Thanks.  I did not have time to go and google, this, but I definitely will try this before going to the injections.  I am desparate to not have to undergo those nasty little things.

I will write back once we get some of this stuff and try it out.  Thanks for all the help you have offered.

Sincererly,

Anne C. McGuire

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2007, 01:31:19 AM »

The Chiropractor is also an excellent option.

You may have nerves that are being pinched in the neck vertebrae....and this said...not forgetting that Jesus is the author of our circumstances, our back bones and the feverfew. He is the healer.

Peace to you

« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 01:34:54 AM by Arcturus »

hebrewroots98

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2007, 01:44:20 AM »

Remind me Anne to take you to the Natural Health Market for the Feverfew.  I used to sell the stuff, just never used it myself.  Call ahead of time and get a price b/c I forget how muchit costs.  thank you Arcturus for the info! :D

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2007, 02:46:37 AM »

Susan,

Will do.  Thanks.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2007, 12:17:14 PM »

I thank God for Chiropractors. I was born with a slight case of Scoliosis and have been going to Chiro's all my life. Just recently (1 week ago Saturday), I crashed on the desert bike at high speed (training for a 250 mile race) and hurt myself pretty bad. Diagnosis; 3 cracked ribs, dislocated shoulder, fractured elbow, hip pointer (we think, have not had x-ray; but have bad swelling and slight pain in hip), various hematoma from shoulder to knee, and hyperextended knee. I refused to have the helicopter come pick me up, so I had a friend help me get my shoulder back in position and I rode the bike 25 miles back to the LZ (no damage to the motorcycle ::)).
I'm not out of the wilderness/woods just yet, but I believe my chiro is helping me the best he can right now; not much can be done about most of the injuries except lots of rest and heat and ice applications. The shoulder dislocation is not something new; has been a problem for several years (sometimes it even pops out in my sleep, very painful way to be woke up).
My mother is very upset with me right now for several reasons; 1. she hates me racing motorcycles (always has, always will), 2. I won't go see a "real" physician, 3. I won't give up racing even after the expense of this last "get off", and 4. "will you ever grow up?"

I know some folks think Chiro's are quacks, but they have been helping me all my life.

PKnowler

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2007, 02:41:37 PM »

I'm sorry to hear about your accident Patrick. It sounds terrible! And then to have already had a problem with Scoliosis. You must be in a lot of pain after cracking ribs, dislocating your shoulder, fracturing your elbow, various hematoma from shoulder to knee, and hyperextended knee. Ouch! My husband fell on the ice and got a small hairline fracture in his hand and was in a lot of pain.

I'm with your momma on this one. 1) Get off that motorcycle!  2) Go see a real doctor! 3) Give up racing! 4) And Grow up! LOL  ;)

Don't you know you stress your momma out every time you get on that bike?  :o

I hope you take care of yourself and heal up.... and momma knows best! LOL  :D

Blessings, Paula  ;)

gmik

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2007, 03:15:47 PM »

Dang, Patrick!!  I have to agree w/ momma & Paula (and probably all the moms on the forum).  Pick a safer hobby, pleeeease?????

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2007, 03:37:57 PM »

Gena,

That smiley does not looks safe for dogs LOL.   ;D

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

hebrewroots98

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2007, 04:52:18 PM »

Dang Patrick!  I was wondering where you've been!  I'm so sorry to hear of your accident; you are blessed that God has plans for your life ;)  (NOW... don't you regret not staying here in West
Texas and settling for a horse instead of a motorcycle??? ;) ;D; (like Longhorn has?  I couldn't resist Longhorn, you are so PICK-ON-ABLE).  I am glad that you are getting the treatment that you need!  A nice long soak in Epsome salts will help you tremendously.)  Plus, it is unanimous...get rid of the motorcycle, let mama rest and enjoy you in one peice, and MAMA DOES KNOW BEST ;D
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.