bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: John 3:16  (Read 3974 times)

rrammfcitktturjsp

John 3:16
« on: February 12, 2007, 08:40:56 PM »

To All,

What a freedom in knowing that God did not Phileo the whole world.  I have had the verse beat over my head so much in learning or telling me that I should LOVE ALL men becuase God did.  I am so relieved becuase of the small difference.  Ray was right, looking at a word or a few words could make such a difference.  I started this thread in a new topic becuase I did not want to hijack the Love thread.

I can honestly say at this point that I do love those in the world but with the agape definition, but asking me to love them in phileo as I do my husband, my son, Susan and her family, and so forth, was asking the impossible from me.  I had always wondered whether this was possible to do, to love the world with phileo love, even with God's help.  I was much happy to learn that God does not love all the world with philoe love.  And if it's good enough for God, then it is certainly most good and desirable for me as well.

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on this.  I am going to go and listen to the rest of the recoring, but I could not wait to post these two thoughts.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

gmik

Re: John 3:16
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 10:57:12 PM »

Ha.  I just posted something similar on the Crucifying Christ thread.

Anne, that impacted me as well.  (jump over and read it, I can't type anymore)  g'nite

rrammfcitktturjsp

Re: John 3:16
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 12:27:17 AM »

Gena,

I did read it and it was awesome, thanks for sharing.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 20 queries.