bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Update on personal life  (Read 4120 times)

rrammfcitktturjsp

Update on personal life
« on: February 13, 2007, 03:19:46 AM »

To All,

Guys I had just learned what love is, agape, philoe and stuff like that.  I had also read the Crucifying Christ and read Dwights post about encouragment and love.  I felt so uplifted and so loved and all was well.  I went to respond to Dwight's post and no sooner had I hit the post button, the phone rang.

On the other end of the line was my best friend of 7-8 years.  I had been talking with her about bibletruth.com and what I was learning.  She is from a Fundamentalist Penecostal backgroun and our friendship has been in decline from November and October of last year.  Well it came to a head.  Now as you probably have gathered in the hall of this forum, I am a very talkative person.  Well in the phone conversation I could not get a word in edgewise.  I was called on the carpet for judging her beliefs and going not professing Christ.  Professing Christ to her was going along with what her church said it was and she did say we were to obey his word.  She then proceeded to say that our <David and I's> friends were taking over and controlling our life. I said that these friends were freeing us and allowing us to see the Truth to where we could live more abundant lives.  She also said that I was satanic, in choosing to believe the very lies of Satan himself that were conceived in the darkest pit of hell.  Then she closed her conversation in saying that she did not want to watch her best friends ruin her life and her to be proven right, and I told her 1.  I loved her and 2. She did not have to see us ruin our lives becuase I had to cut the relationship off.

This friend has been through everything with both David and I.  This was a hard thing to let go.  Of course I got upset about it, and figured I needed to go through a mourning period for this transition.  I called Susan and told her about this.  Thank God I have her and her family to help me through this time.  Thank God I have the forum as well.  After seeing what real love is and hearing about it and drinking it all in, I knew that this friend did not really mean what she said when she said she loved us.

I would ask that you would pray for this friend that if it is God's will she come to know the Truth.  I ask that you would pray for me and David right now as we are understandably upset over this.

I also would ask that if we need to cut off relationships that God would show them to us now, so that we can do it now, while our precious son is still young and will not be affected by this.

I cannot believe how soon the attack came, after I had internalized this stuff.

So yes becuase of this, I can understand how one can love and hate at the same time.  I also can understand agape and phileo love. My love for this friend in the phileo respect is gone, I do love her in the agape sense, as I wish her the best and am concerned about her all about well-being.

Man, did not know that I would be learning these truths and applying them so soon, but I am thankful for the opportunity that has come my way.  I am thankful that I did have the guts to stand up for what I believed.

Thank you my brothers and sisters for sharing and showing me what true love is.

Kat for the way you always look up the Scriptures for me.
  Joe for the promptness that you show in responding to my PM.
  Arcturus for your words that are written so well.
  Susan for all those long phone conversations and ice creams.
  Dwight for showing me what true love can do, it uplifts one after a cruddy day.
  Gena for the simple and short way of complext truths.
  Paula for showing me what love can do after things can get out of hand, I still admire you getting back in the pool and blessing us with your posts and <grins> interior decorating.
  For the new members and those that I have not named becuase it is so late that are with me in this journey.

I love you all with the utmost sense of that word.

I am proud and honored to call you family.  Thanks for being with me in this tough time.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

hebrewroots98

Re: Update on personal life
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 04:00:37 AM »

WE ARE ALWAYS HERE FOR YOU SWEETIE!!! ;)  YOU BLESS US TOO.  (some are the arms. others the legs, and still others are the private parts that are unseen...WE ARE THE BODY OF CHRIST; IT TAKES ALL OF US!!! ;D  Just hang in there and enjoy the ride ;)

Redbird

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 11:32:45 AM »

Anne, my sincere prayers are with you during this tough time.

Lisa

PKnowler

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 01:59:27 PM »

Oh Anne that must have been terribly difficult. It is so hard to have to let go of a friendship but sometimes it is the natural course of things and it is better to let go. You know you can still love (Agape) her you just can't fellowship (phileo) with her at this time. I pray that God will be with you during this rough time and give you peace! Thank you for the kind words you said about us. You bless us Anne!

Blessings to you!  :)
~Paula
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 02:43:48 PM by PKnowler »

SandyFla

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 02:22:23 PM »

Anne,

It can be hard being cut off from those who used to be our friends. Think of it as a pruning process.

I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.
Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing (John 5:1-5).

God is working on you, making you into His dear child.

I will pray for you and your friend. Please take comfort in knowing that all is in God's hands, including your friend, and He will reconcile her to Himself, either now or in the age to come. Then you will be reunited in a bond of true friendship and love.

Sandy

gmik

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2007, 02:24:25 PM »

Amen Anne.  We love you and what you have added to this forum.  I will pray for you and David. The "death" of a friendship is indeed painful.  But maybe this won't be the end.  You never know about people.  Praise God you have Susan nearby.

When I presented universal salvation to my best friend of 20 years (kids played together, we left a church together, vacationed once together, dinners out, weddings, funerals etc etc), she went ballistic and "no way in hell is Hitler going to be w/ me in heaven" and that kind of stuff.  Well, we didn't speak for a while.  I called her and another friend for lunch(I didn't think she would go w/ just me) and of course the topic never came up.  So we are at sort of a "formal" friendship, very guarded.  Then, after her mom's funeral, she said how glad she was her mom was happy now, then my friend said "Oh yeah, you think she is just dead."  But she did let me explain that no matter how many years go by when its time she will just wake up as if no time had passed and she was comforted by that.

I am proceeding w/ caution bcz I still want her friendship.  She is in Florida for the winter and hasn't returned any e-mails but when she returns I will try the lunch thing again. We will see how far I can go w/ her.  It will be up to her to leave me.

God Bless Anne,  this is a trial & persecution from the Lord and you are passing! The timing wasn't coincidental either.  You needed that info to deal w/ this.  Its all God and its all Good.

Love ya Sis,

PKnowler

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 02:49:05 PM »

Yeah Gena and Anne! It's all good! :D (Even when it hurts!) God has a plan and a purpose for everything!  ;)

~Paula  :)

hebrewroots98

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2007, 04:16:48 PM »

....AND IT WAS VERY GOOD... ;)

DWIGHT

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2007, 07:41:41 PM »

Dearest sister Anne,

We weep when you weep and rejoice when you rejoice.  Right now we'll just weep with you, but afterward it will yield the peaceable fruit of righteousness and you know that our love cannot fail because our love comes from Him.

God bless you and our prayers are with you daily.

In His faithful arms,

Dwight
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 17 queries.