bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: how to deal with the Kabalists??  (Read 6414 times)

hebrewroots98

how to deal with the Kabalists??
« on: February 13, 2007, 03:30:18 AM »

Hello all,
I have been burdened lately with the onset of the Kabalist (religion) Mysticism  that is being propogated all around the world now.  And I spent the entire day last weekend refuting a 'friend's'  new book that he is in the process of writing (about eschatology-end times senarios/events.)  He had only written the index, the introduction and two chapters so far and he had asked for our opinion.  So, I sat there and read through that thing and took notes.  I ended up simply appauled at all of the  MYSTICISM that he put  so much emphasis on, as I never knew that he was into this religion. I just knew him when he was a Messianic believer, but, I guess he has now taken the truth beyond the biblical boundaries and now is into and teaching  these mystical things that are clearly not in the Bible and yet he tries to pull them off as being the truth of God.  Needless to say, he also leaves Jesus out for the majority of the times and refers to God on all but ONE occasion.  (Apparently the Kablists think that God is one and the same as Jesus (as in Jesus never lived on the earth, rather that it was only and always God.) ???  I cannot believe just how much righteous indignation (no grace at all) that I showed this guy in the 4 page paper that I responded to him with!  (He would call it a viscousness attack.  Infact, he did say that I did not know what iwas talking about-of course, he is defensive now!), but I was actually glad to tear to shreds his belief system that he is trying to pass off onto the ignorant masses. I was acctually glad that I at least had the opportunity to try to stop his book from getting into babes' hands.)   He was sooo fired up and angry at us that his blood pressure had turned his face into a purple/red glow!!!  He will not speak to us now, but, I had to stand for Gods' truths, not these lies. 

I bring this issue to you b/c I need to know how to deal with this person/Kabalis since I have never dealt with one before.  Do any of you have any experience in dealing with them?   I need some assistance here b/c we see him at Boy Scouts every Tuesday evening and I don't want to cast pearls before the swine.  Please give me some advice here if you feel led to.  Thank you so much!     

rrammfcitktturjsp

Re: how to deal with the Kabalists??
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 03:34:30 AM »

Susan,

Do you remember the time that I was going through when I started reading the Kabbala while continuing to discern bibletruths.com?  Deal with him as you dealt with me, 1.  stand up for what you believe in, 2. do it in a manner that is non judgemental, 3. do it in a loving manner and 4.  To thysel be true.  Sure it did get very unpleasant for awhile, but in the end, it is not up to You to deal with him, it is God.  Merely only be the Messenger, God will give you the words to say.  Pray on this.

Susan, the fact that you are mindul and careful about the truth is a good sign indeed.  You can only plant the seed, God has to do the rest.

I will pray for this as well.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

hebrewroots98

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 03:52:53 AM »

Anne, thank you for your insight, yes I did so exactly what you said that I had sone with you.  However, you were not into the Kabbala FULL BLOWN as he is!  He is out there teaching this stuff as if it were GOSPEL!! (You were just dabbling and checking into it and weren't really sure of it.)  I'm telling you that I had no mercy on what he was teaching; I TORE HIS WORLD APART WITH MY RESPONSE...  (and really, the book was and is the IDOL OF HIS HEART!  which I warned him about as well) ;)  Anne, i treated you withkid gloves compared to how I dealt with him.  But, you are right, it is up to God to water the seeds that He gave me to plant inthis guy. ;)  I will just wait and see if he will ever turn around.  From what it looks like and from his reaction to my rebuttle, I son't see it anytime soon...I hope that I am wrong tho!

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 03:58:51 AM »

Susan,

Just thought of something.  Look to Ray as an example.  He exposes the truth or what it is and sometimes it is not in a gentle manner, but in a manner of righteous indignation.  I know that your response in tearing a hole in his book is in the same manner.  Yes, we must be prepared to do this at all costs, as I painfully went through this tonight.

Thank God, I responded to the white glove treatment, I would have hated to see what the gloves being thrown off would have produced.   ;)

You are not wrong, he will eventually turn as will my best friend, either on this side of eternity or at the White Throne Judgement. I am going to read the Lake of Fire series, I think I am ready for it now.

Nite nite.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

hebrewroots98

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 04:03:09 AM »

ALRIGHT!!!  YES!!! AMEN AND AMEN! God has answered my prayers for you ANNE to read the series and to be able to receive it!!!!  OH GLORY DAY ;D ;D ;D

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2007, 04:06:32 AM »

Susan,

<grins very impishly>  Now, I pray that God will allow you to go to bed, so that I have no more unread topics in the forum LOL.  Good night dear Sister and thanks for all you have done for me and my lovely family.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

hillsbororiver

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 10:17:35 AM »

From Ray's paper "Winning Souls For Jesus"

LIGHT AND SALT DON’T ARGUE OR MAKE NOISE

"Ye are the salt of the earth… Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid… Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father which is in heaven" (Matt. 5:1,14,16).

Salt does not make any noise, and light does not argue Scriptures. Neither salt nor light makes any sound whatsoever. Maybe there is a lesson in there.

Too many people learn a few truths of God and think that they are ready to take on the world. They usually start by trying to embarrass their Pastor with their new-gained knowledge. Usually they fall flat on their face on the very first try. It’s all about motivation. If your motivation is carnal, God will not back you. Yes, I know, all of you are saying: "But my motivation is to show them God’s truths." Yes, sure, I understand, but THEY DON’T WANT TO HEAR GOD’S TRUTHS, and you already know this, so what is your point? Leave them alone and let them taste your salt and see your light and admire your good works, and perchance they will even praise God for your new-found humility,

You will never argue anyone into accepting the truths of God’s Word. As salesmen are often taught: "You might win the argument, but loose the sale," so don’t argue. And this: "He who is persuaded against his will; is of the same opinion still."

I receive a lot of emails from people who beg me to come to their rescue because they are about to have a second session with their pastor or friend, but have failed miserably on the first go-round. Now they want me to give them the ammunition they need to do a slam-dunk on their second attempt to embarrass their pastor or friend. Give it up—that attitude is wrong. Such a carnal exhibition of prideful flesh is akin to someone looking for a street fight merely because he has just acquired a black belt in karate.

HOW TO DEMONSTRATE YOUR KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUTH

I personally know a man who has his little wife working two jobs to support their family so that he can study the Scriptures and enter into doctrinal debates with other Christians at the local Caf頡s a perpetual hobby. Notice the admonition of the Apostle Peter:

"Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul; having your conversation [Gk: ‘conduct’] honest [Gk: ‘honorable’] among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may BY YOUR GOOD WORKS, [Not your clever Bible arguments], which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation" (I Pet. 2:11-12).

Your good works and righteous character will pay dividends to others eventually—if not in this life, then in the Judgment.

The entire article can be read here;

http://bible-truths.com/souls.htm

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

hebrewroots98

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2007, 11:37:24 AM »

I hope that I did not do wrong here by accomodating him with what he asked of me (my response, a critique of his book.)  I hope that this isn't considered 'arguing' b/c I did not know (I had no clue) that he was a Kabalist until  AFTER I had read his paper/book, and even then I wasn't for certain until we spoke with him after he read our critique.  We had never talked about his newfound religion, but, since HE HAD ASKED MY OPINION ON WHAT I THOUGHT then I felt that I needed to be honest with him and share with him the truths.  Lord forgive me if I did something wrong here, my motivation was simply to critique the book as he requested of me.  I guess I am guilty for not seeing sooner (while I was reading the book) that he DOESN'T WANT TO HEAR THE TRUTH. ??? ???     

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2007, 11:40:09 AM »

Susan,

I do not think Joe posted that becuae you were "wrong" in doing what you have done.  I think he posted it merely as a warning and an exhortation, one that I needed for my own life as well.

Thanks Joe.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

hillsbororiver

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2007, 11:56:39 AM »

Anne,

You are correct in that assessment, no Susan, you did no harm that I can see.

There was a time, shortly after I "stumbled" onto Bible Truths that I became like a "tinkling cymbal" (1Cor 13:1) or a pain in the a** to any and all who would listen to my attempt to save them from their errant ways. Needless to say it was a miserable failure.

It became clear after a while that as my patience grew (always a very weak trait of mine) and I could display more spiritual growth rather that clanking on about it, that people actually started taking notice, yeah at first they thought I might be on Prozac or Valium but once they knew what I attributed this change to (the Spirit led treasures on Bible Truths) they were actually asking me questions rather than me telling them answers they did not really want to hear.

Many of us run to debates and contention once we receive the joyful truths the Lord has opened our eyes to, this really does sap the spirit from both the listener and the speaker and leaves both participants in a void, since I have taken Ray's admonishment things have begun to happen that have truly been nothing short of amazing.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe   

hebrewroots98

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2007, 01:08:06 PM »

Thank you Joe and Anne for clarifying ans for sharing with me.  I understand and I am painfully aware to not do this very thing anymore, b/c, as you know, I did it for so many years to my prescious family members to no avail, and I have paid the ultimate price for my indescretions!!  They no longer have anything to do with me!  (at least they will be saved in the long run... ;))

PKnowler

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2007, 01:53:44 PM »

Susan,

I totally empathize with you. Sometimes it is beyond us to do anything else but have that righteous indignation. It comes from the very depths of our being. If God would have it be another way then He has to change us from the inside out. It's not like you were trying to witness or anything you were responding to what he was showing you- at his request.. I'm not so sure it is all wrong the way you reacted. I'm sure God will show you! I know God is still working with me!

Blessings to you my sister!  :)
~Paula

hebrewroots98

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2007, 02:18:21 PM »

You all make me smile alot more than I have in a very long time.  Thank you! ;D

gmik

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2007, 02:51:35 PM »

Susan, know that we have "been there done that" and don't worry, feel guilty, or anything else about it.  It was God's Will - thats why he did ask you your opinion----its when they DON'T ask your opinion and you push it on them  :-[ again been there done that.

Hey, this is a different way of thinking than what we have been taught all our lives.  Witness, evangelize, share, blah blah.....Now we know we don't have to do that.

Anne, put your seat belt on when you read the LOF!  You are in for the ride of your life!

hebrewroots98

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2007, 02:58:05 PM »

Gena,I have missed you lately, it is great to hear from you!  You are so right aboout not having to evangelize anymore...and about Anne getting ready for some eye opening fun ;)

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2007, 03:40:35 PM »

Susan and Gena,

I am so ready for some eye-opening truths.  I am looking forward to when Terry gets the LOF series over here.  I tried reading the screen last night, and my migraine flared up again, and today, my head was starting to hurt.  Sounds like someone does not wish me to read these series, but he will NOT triumphant this time.  <WEG>

More than likely I will be starting new topics as I read the series.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

hebrewroots98

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2007, 04:37:58 PM »

Oh yeah girly, I'm looking forward to discussing and sharing our thoughs on these things with you :D.  Terry has much more to copy for you tonight as well.  Just wait till tomorrow, that will give you time to digest what all is going on with you today. ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 20 queries.