bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My cats got a bath  (Read 4637 times)

SandyFla

My cats got a bath
« on: February 12, 2007, 04:26:26 PM »

Bethany got a bath last Satuday. She was pretty good, considering she is nearly 14 years old and never had a bath in her life. She hissed at first, but I held her by the scruff of the neck (she's very tiny and light), and soon she was enjoying the warm water being splashed over her. :) She wasn't too crazy about getting held under the spigot to be rinsed. Afterward, she enjoyed the warm air from the blow-dryer.

Next it was Twinkles' turn. Uh ... that didn't go as well. :D She hissed and scratched my finger. I felt it down to the bone and had trouble getting the bleeding to stop. The next time I tried to put her in the tub, she bit my hand and that was it. Her toes got dipped in the water, and her bath was over.  :D

To sum it up: Bethany was good and Twinkles was ... scared. My cats are never bad. Twinkles is a very gentle, loveable kitty and wouldn't do anything like that unless she was totally panicked.

Also, the instant Twinkles scratched & bit me, I immediately forgave her. Once again I was reminded of God's love. No matter what she does to me, I will never stop loving her, nor could I love her any less. I'll always be her mommy and she'll always be my baby.  :)

Sandy

rrammfcitktturjsp

Re: My cats got a bath
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 04:47:35 PM »

Sandy,

Now it used to be hard to give my son his bath, he used to pitch a fit.  But now, he pitches a fit in getting out of the bath.  It is quite funny.  When I take my bath, he always stands up at the side of the tub, throwing his rubber duckies in and splashing me, much to the delight of my husband.

Thanks for sharing those cute stories.  And I am happy that you did not have to enlist the help of the toilet LOL.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

SandyFla

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 05:09:52 PM »

Anne,

It always amazed me how babies hate baths but love the pools. I guess because in the pool, no one is sudsing them up and pouring water over their heads.

Sounds like David-Lee enjoys a bath, whether it's him or you! :)

Sandy

hillsbororiver

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 05:26:58 PM »

Dear Sandy,

Your courage & perserverence are truly admirable & inspiring! As is your unwavering love for your pets. I mean that from the bottom of my heart.

But did you know there is a much easier way to give a cat a bath? I learned about it from Steve Martin of all people;

“I gave my cat a bath the other day........ they love it. He sat there and he enjoyed it, it was fun for me too. The fur would stick to my tongue, but other than that .........”

:D                

OK, there is one little drawback, but nothing some mouthwash, toothpaste and a toothbrush can't solve, the worst that can happen is coughing up a hairball, right?

Joe

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007, 05:41:44 PM »

Next it was Twinkles' turn. Uh ... that didn't go as well.  She hissed and scratched my finger. I felt it down to the bone and had trouble getting the bleeding to stop. The next time I tried to put her in the tub, she bit my hand and that was it. Her toes got dipped in the water, and her bath was over.  ..........

that is exactly like some people too!...... :D

Pease to you Sandy

Arcturus  :)

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2007, 06:09:37 PM »

Joe,

Now that was funny. I bet your friend was spitting hairballs for the next couple of days LOL.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

SandyFla

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 01:55:27 PM »

:D                

OK, there is one little drawback, but nothing some mouthwash, toothpaste and a toothbrush can't solve, the worst that can happen is coughing up a hairball, right?

Joe

Oh, Joe, LOL ... Leave it to you to come up with something like that!  :D

Sandy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 21 queries.