bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Carnal-Physical-Mental  (Read 20732 times)

rrammfcitktturjsp

Re: Carnal-Physical-Mental
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2007, 09:51:07 AM »

To All,

Wow, sounds like the saints are having some battles.  I will pray for all of you as I have begun to do, so I will continue to do so.  I believe it is our ailements that will in the end bring us closer to God, and looking back on it, it that is the case, it will be worth.

I count all things but loss....hmmm I know what Scripture I want to say, but it slipped my memory.  Basically it is talking about that all things do not matter, except the writer going on and pursuing Christ.  I wanna say this is Phillipians.  <shakes head over lack of Scripture prowess that others show>  The problem when I wish to post Scriptures, I cannot remember them word for word, or even get them close, I tend to paraphrase and shorten them.  Susan any suggestions, this is the trouble that I am running into about using the concordance?

Please pray for the Migraines and back ache.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

longhorn

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2007, 11:52:28 AM »

I was going to ask for prayer for my newly aquired paper cut, but after reading some of these post, I think I will just conjure me up an old poltus wrap and deal with it.

Longhorn

P.S.  I know some of you city slickers have NO idea what a poltus wrap is.

hebrewroots98

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2007, 12:13:24 PM »

Anne, You were close.

(Philipians 3:8)...YEA DOUBTLESS, AND I COUNT ALL THINGS BUTLOSS FOR THE EXCELLENCY OF THE KNOWLEDGE OF CHRIST JESUS MY LORD: FOR WHOM I (PAUL) HAVE SUFFERED THE LOSS OF ALL THINGS, ANDDO COUNT THEM  BUT DUNG, THAT I MAY WIN CHRIST,

:9...AND BE FOUND IN HIM, NOT HAVING MINE OWN RIGHTEOUSNESS, WHICH IS OF THE LAW, BUT THAT WHICH IS THROUGH THE FAITH OF CHRIST, THE RIGHTEOUSNESS WHICH IS OF GOD BY FAITH:

:10...THAT I MAY KNOW HIM, AND THE POWER OF HIS RESURRECTION, AND THE FELLOWSHIP OF HIS SUFFERINGS, BEING MADE CONFORMABLE UNTO HIS DEATH

hebrewroots98

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2007, 12:27:19 PM »

Sorry guys, I have this laptop and whenever my thumb accidentally drops down it seems to send off my messages without them being complete...so here goes the completed version ::)  

Anne, You were right, it was in Phillipians.

(Philipians 3:8)...YEA DOUBTLESS, AND I COUNT ALL THINGS BUT LOSS FOR THE EXCELLENCY OF THE KNOWLEDGE OF CHRIST JESUS MY LORD: FOR WHOM I (PAUL) HAVE SUFFERED THE LOSS OF ALL THINGS, AND DO COUNT THEM  BUT DUNG, THAT I MAY WIN CHRIST,

:9...AND BE FOUND IN HIM, NOT HAVING MINE OWN RIGHTEOUSNESS, WHICH IS OF THE LAW, BUT THAT WHICH IS THROUGH THE FAITH OF CHRIST, THE RIGHTEOUSNESS WHICH IS OF GOD BY FAITH:

:10...THAT I MAY KNOW HIM, AND THE POWER OF HIS RESURRECTION, AND THE FELLOWSHIP OF HIS SUFFERINGS, BEING MADE CONFORMABLE UNTO HIS DEATH.:

:11...IF BY ANY MEANS I MIGHT ATTAIN UNTO THE RESURRECTION OF THE DEAD

I do relate to the FELLOWSHIP OF HIS SUFFERINGS, but at least I have HIM ;D and that is all that matters to me!

Poor Longhorn...now you keep that pultice on that poor paper cut!!  I hope you can make it through the day without going and having to go to the ER!!  Then they would have it amputate if the poultice didn't work ;) ;)  (I do hate paper cuts.  Have you ever had cardboard cuts?  Nasty.)

iris

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2007, 12:38:23 PM »

Hi Robin,

I hope everything is better for you today and that you're feeling better.
Thanks for sharing the emails from Ray.

My prayers go out to you.

Iris

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2007, 12:49:22 PM »

Susan,

Thanks for posting the Scripture for me.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Robin

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2007, 05:17:28 PM »

Grace be with you, mercy, and peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.

Hebrews 12
 1Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

2Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

3For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.

2 Timothy 4
6For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.

7I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:

8Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

Jackie Lee

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2007, 10:26:34 PM »

God Bless each and every one of you.
It is good to lean upon our God and trust him in all things. :)

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2007, 10:33:09 PM »

Jackie,

Yes it is.  God bless you as well.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Jackie Lee

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2007, 10:34:08 PM »

Did you reads rays write on praying by God's rules that really help me to know to pray God's will in everything.
He even thanks God for his pillows his bed and his wife beside him.
I never even thought of that before. :D

Jackie Lee

« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2007, 10:37:28 PM »

Anne you and your little one looks so cute together.
 God Bless you....     Jackie

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2007, 07:27:03 AM »

From out of the e-mail from Ray to Robin, Ray kindly presents a sequence of scriptures for consideration from which this one verse particularly strikes me as revealed through the Concordant version:

Phi 4:12 I am aware what it is to be humbled as well as aware what it is to be superabounding. In everything and among all am I initiated, to be satisified as well as to be hungering, to be superabounding as well as to be in want."

This is very revealing. Paul says that he knows what it is to be humbled. Do we know? Do I know? Have I known? Am I finding out? NO and YES. In the past I have thought being humbled was my bad luck, bad karma, being punished, getting what I deserved, feeling like a victim,that made me defensive while blaming others all because I did not know and could not see God. God says ABSOLUTELY Isa 45 : 7 I form the light and crate darkness; I make peace, national well-being and I create physical evil, calamity; I am the Lord, Who does all these things. Isa 46 : 10 Declaring the end and the result from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all My pleasure and purpose.
RELATIVE to us, the above scripture can make us do and think all sorts of stupid foolish things! :D..before we get/I got edified and shown the meanings and significance and insights of these scriptures here in BT and in Rays teachings. We know that the Church does not teach that God is Sovereign and they miss out on this Scripture!

So before I got dragged here, I too did not know that God is the potter and I am the clay. I was full of myself. The self part is not going to go away either until Jesus returns. But when I was very thick and very full of my self the world loved me. Then I got empty as God turned me on His potters wheel. I got confused, dizzy and hopeless as God drove a hole right into my self assurance with his thumbs as easy as a hot knife through butter.  ;D   Everything I had believed became empty. :o God made me get thinner on myself through a process that continues.... ;D

I thank God he brought me to BT. As I read Ray’s teachings I saw that God controls EVERYTHING and that it is my ignorance to blame, accuse and compare myself with other vessels that GOD is making. As I begin to see that EVERYONE is in GODS control I am starting to understand that when I get slapped down by a person it is not because God was not looking, or that I was not praying hard enough or that I< I< I< did something to earn pain or disappointment or grievances…but that it is all from GOD….not me, me, me as the Church would have me believe. It is GOD who is Sovereign…NOT ME! It is HE who knows the beginning from the end, ….not ME.

PAUL GOT! HE KNEW THIS! HE WROTE….. among all am I initiated, to be satisified as well as to be hungering, to be superabounding as well as to be in want."………..Paul was initiated with the knowledge of God’s Sovereignty. Paul was satisfied when hungering and superabounding in want…WHY….because he knew…Ray also knows….we are still learning! :D ;D

I still at first see the person and not the hand of God when things do not go MY way….I am getting better though   :D…I still see the sickness and not the plan of God when I feel helpless for others pains and sufferings rather than seeing the love of God in action in the lives of them who are being judged now…   :'(    I still do not enjoy pain or sickness, loss or dismay, suffering or tauma and it is still difficult to see that these things God takes full responsibility over and it is as we who God will bring  to account for how we respond! Do we hate God or know and understand Him. That is for God to decide. He is the potter and there are pots being made for God glory and God's wrath!

With Paul and Ray…Much has been given by God to them.....God has revealed Himself, removed the obscurity of  veiled bllindness showing that we are NOT creatures of free will..... and WE are blessed to share in the insightful knowledge and teachings we have been placed by God's hand  to receive through Ray's teachings that expose to our minds, hearts, eyes and ears, Ray's knowledge and comprehensive insight into the ways and purposes of God. Yes truly Christ is being written into our hearts MG.  :D

Even as our brother Dwight in an another thread was caused to present...1 Peter 1 12.....It is these very things which have now already been made known plainly to you by those who preached the good news, to you by the same Holy Spirit sent from heaven . Into these things the very angels long to look!  It is our eyes that see into what the angels have longed to look! We are indeed blessed beyond merit but not outside the bounds of HIS love!
When Paul was superabounding, he could still say he was in want because he was never SELF SUFFICINT. Self sufficiency is the mark of a fool. When Paul was superabounding he was at the same time in want because of his dependence on Christ that had become ceaseless and detatched from Pauls circumstantial lack or abundance. CHRIST was Pauls supply in all circumstances in prison or out of prison.  Paul was initiated with Gods stamp of Sovereignty. This is a Hallmark of wisdom and Pauls comprehensive insight into the ways and purposes of God that his epistles bring to us in exhortation, encouragement and edification.

Proverbs 12 : 8 A man shall be commended according to his Wisdom, godly Wisdom, which is comprehensive insight into the ways and purposes of God,….

Ecc 3 : 14 I know that whatever God does, it endures; nothing can be added to it nor anything taken from it. And GOD DOES IT so that men will reverently fear HIM, revere and worship HIM, knowing that He IS.

Ecc 12 : 13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, revere and worship HIM, knowing that He IS….

Paul knew it! Peter too was in Gods purpose.

1 Peter 4 : 8 Above all things have intense and unfailing love for one another, for love covers a multitude of sins, forgives and disregards the offences of others…..

In other words….see GOD in EVERYTHING! In all circumstances ups and downs…He is the potter we are on the wheel for a short time that is all!

Among others in the OT someone else got the revelation that God is sovereign….God told Habakkuk 1 : 5 Look around you, among the nations and see! And be ASTONISHED! ASTOUNDED! For I am putting into effect a work in your days such that you would not believe it if it were told you……and then God SHOWED him….

Astonished...ASTOUNDED....kind of how I felt as I read Ray's teachings.. 8) ;D :D

Then once Habakkuk got it he wrote : 3 : 17 Though the fig tree does not blossom and there is no fruit on the vines, though the product of the olive fails and the fields yield no food, though the flock is cut off from the flood and there are no cattle in the stalls, 18 YET I WILL REJOICE IN THE LORD; I WILL EXULT IN THE VICTORIOUS GOD OF MY SALVATION. 19 The Lord God is my Strength, my personal bravery, and my invincible army; he makes my feet like hinds feet and will make me to walk not to stand still in terror, but to walk and make spiritual progress upon my high places of trouble, suffering or responsibility.

God showed Habakkuk that HE is Sovereign. Paul knew it. Ray teaches it!

As we suffer and strain in the kiln of the potters fires we can look ahead to the fact that Jesus when He comes, it is He who will fill us, it is He who is our strength, personal bravery, army making our feet walk in spiritual progress upon our high places  of trouble and suffering. We can look forward to HIS return with expectant hearts of joy and as Jackie Lee notes...praying by God's rules is an insightful aid in our race towards His return.

Hurry up Lord! We are looking for you with great excitement and anticipation! as we learn patience, long suffering and endurance....as You bring us to know that whether inside Your consuming fire or on the shelf of abounding supply...we still need YOU.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 08:21:08 AM by Arcturus »

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2007, 12:45:27 PM »

Arcturus,

There was much to respond.  All your comments will be in black, and mine are in red, and in by no means is red a fiery angry color, it just shows up easier.

From out of the e-mail from Ray to Robin, Ray kindly presents a sequence of scriptures for consideration from which this one verse particularly strikes me as revealed through the Concordant version:

Phi 4:12 I am aware what it is to be humbled as well as aware what it is to be superabounding. In everything and among all am I initiated, to be satisified as well as to be hungering, to be superabounding as well as to be in want."

This is very revealing. Paul says that he knows what it is to be humbled. Do we know? Do I know? Have I known? Am I finding out? NO and YES. In the past I have thought being humbled was my bad luck, bad karma, being punished, getting what I deserved, feeling like a victim,that made me defensive while blaming others all because I did not know and could not see God. God says ABSOLUTELY Isa 45 : 7 I form the light and crate darkness; I make peace, national well-being and I create physical evil, calamity; I am the Lord, Who does all these things. Isa 46 : 10 Declaring the end and the result from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all My pleasure and purpose.
RELATIVE to us, the above scripture can make us do and think all sorts of stupid foolish things! :D..before we get/I got edified and shown the meanings and significance and insights of these scriptures here in BT and in Rays teachings. We know that the Church does not teach that God is Sovereign and they miss out on this Scripture!

I too thought being humbled was the bad things that happened in my life becuase I deserved them.  I am so glad that you shared this becuase well I am in the process of getting humbled as well.  The more that I read on the website and the more that I learn from all of you here at the forum, I am constantly reminded and humbled that I do not have all the answers.  I am glad that I can learn from others, especially those that pursue the Truth.  

So before I got dragged here, I too did not know that God is the potter and I am the clay. I was full of myself. The self part is not going to go away either until Jesus returns. But when I was very thick and very full of my self the world loved me. Then I got empty as God turned me on His potters wheel. I got confused, dizzy and hopeless as God drove a hole right into my self assurance with his thumbs as easy as a hot knife through butter.  ;D   Everything I had believed became empty. :o God made me get thinner on myself through a process that continues.... ;D

This is the paragraph that I wanted to orginally post my reply in, but the more that I read, I knew I wanted to share some things based off of what you said.  I loved this what you said, becuase it is what God is doing for me.  I cannot believe that he can easily get into my self assurance and knock holes in it so easier, but when he does, it drives me to my knees and into His word.  I am glad to see that it is a process that will continue, becuase I am so stubborn-headed that I do not think a couple times will be enough for me.   ;D  I wanted to add if I might, I would rather God be molding me, becuase if I fall or crack I am already in His hands.  To me, when I read that, I was reminded I am already in His hands and he will catch me.  And that has given me peace, thanks for sharing that.

I thank God he brought me to BT. As I read Ray’s teachings I saw that God controls EVERYTHING and that it is my ignorance to blame, accuse and compare myself with other vessels that GOD is making. As I begin to see that EVERYONE is in GODS control I am starting to understand that when I get slapped down by a person it is not because God was not looking, or that I was not praying hard enough or that I< I< I< did something to earn pain or disappointment or grievances…but that it is all from GOD….not me, me, me as the Church would have me believe. It is GOD who is Sovereign…NOT ME! It is HE who knows the beginning from the end, ….not ME.

Thank you , thank you, thank you.  I sometimes wonder why things happen or someone hurts me.  I usually fall into the guilt trip of not being there for them or not saying enough, you know that routine.  I am going to post this on an index card and put it on the front door.  If I could remember that God is in control I could avoid much pain and guilt in my life.  This paragraph that you have written is a beautiful and eloquent statement of humility.  I only pray that I too will be able to resound this as convicted as you have. 

PAUL GOT! HE KNEW THIS! HE WROTE….. among all am I initiated, to be satisified as well as to be hungering, to be superabounding as well as to be in want."………..Paul was initiated with the knowledge of God’s Sovereignty. Paul was satisfied when hungering and superabounding in want…WHY….because he knew…Ray also knows….we are still learning! :D ;D

I still at first see the person and not the hand of God when things do not go MY way….I am getting better though   :D…I still see the sickness and not the plan of God when I feel helpless for others pains and sufferings rather than seeing the love of God in action in the lives of them who are being judged now…   :'(    I still do not enjoy pain or sickness, loss or dismay, suffering or tauma and it is still difficult to see that these things God takes full responsibility over and it is as we who God will bring  to account for how we respond! Do we hate God or know and understand Him. That is for God to decide. He is the potter and there are pots being made for God glory and God's wrath!

With Paul and Ray…Much has been given by God to them.....God has revealed Himself, removed the obscurity of  veiled bllindness showing that we are NOT creatures of free will..... and WE are blessed to share in the insightful knowledge and teachings we have been placed by God's hand  to receive through Ray's teachings that expose to our minds, hearts, eyes and ears, Ray's knowledge and comprehensive insight into the ways and purposes of God. Yes truly Christ is being written into our hearts MG.  :D

Even as our brother Dwight in an another thread was caused to present...1 Peter 1 12.....It is these very things which have now already been made known plainly to you by those who preached the good news, to you by the same Holy Spirit sent from heaven . Into these things the very angels long to look!  It is our eyes that see into what the angels have longed to look! We are indeed blessed beyond merit but not outside the bounds of HIS love!
When Paul was superabounding, he could still say he was in want because he was never SELF SUFFICINT. Self sufficiency is the mark of a fool. When Paul was superabounding he was at the same time in want because of his dependence on Christ that had become ceaseless and detatched from Pauls circumstantial lack or abundance. CHRIST was Pauls supply in all circumstances in prison or out of prison.  Paul was initiated with Gods stamp of Sovereignty. This is a Hallmark of wisdom and Pauls comprehensive insight into the ways and purposes of God that his epistles bring to us in exhortation, encouragement and edification.

Proverbs 12 : 8 A man shall be commended according to his Wisdom, godly Wisdom, which is comprehensive insight into the ways and purposes of God,….

Ecc 3 : 14 I know that whatever God does, it endures; nothing can be added to it nor anything taken from it. And GOD DOES IT so that men will reverently fear HIM, revere and worship HIM, knowing that He IS.

Ecc 12 : 13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, revere and worship HIM, knowing that He IS….

Paul knew it! Peter too was in Gods purpose.

1 Peter 4 : 8 Above all things have intense and unfailing love for one another, for love covers a multitude of sins, forgives and disregards the offences of others…..

In other words….see GOD in EVERYTHING! In all circumstances ups and downs…He is the potter we are on the wheel for a short time that is all!

Among others in the OT someone else got the revelation that God is sovereign….God told Habakkuk 1 : 5 Look around you, among the nations and see! And be ASTONISHED! ASTOUNDED! For I am putting into effect a work in your days such that you would not believe it if it were told you……and then God SHOWED him….

Astonished...ASTOUNDED....kind of how I felt as I read Ray's teachings.. 8) ;D :D

Then once Habakkuk got it he wrote : 3 : 17 Though the fig tree does not blossom and there is no fruit on the vines, though the product of the olive fails and the fields yield no food, though the flock is cut off from the flood and there are no cattle in the stalls, 18 YET I WILL REJOICE IN THE LORD; I WILL EXULT IN THE VICTORIOUS GOD OF MY SALVATION. 19 The Lord God is my Strength, my personal bravery, and my invincible army; he makes my feet like hinds feet and will make me to walk not to stand still in terror, but to walk and make spiritual progress upon my high places of trouble, suffering or responsibility.

God showed Habakkuk that HE is Sovereign. Paul knew it. Ray teaches it!

As we suffer and strain in the kiln of the potters fires we can look ahead to the fact that Jesus when He comes, it is He who will fill us, it is He who is our strength, personal bravery, army making our feet walk in spiritual progress upon our high places  of trouble and suffering. We can look forward to HIS return with expectant hearts of joy and as Jackie Lee notes...praying by God's rules is an insightful aid in our race towards His return.

Hurry up Lord! We are looking for you with great excitement and anticipation! as we learn patience, long suffering and endurance....as You bring us to know that whether inside Your consuming fire or on the shelf of abounding supply...we still need YOU.

Peace to you

Sister, thanks so much for posting this journey of Yours on the thread.  I too am going through the fires of the kiln and it burns and it hurts.  But now, I can  see what the result of going through it is by looking at the Wisdom and the passion you have for the Truth.  I am ready now.  Thanks so much.  Great post, and I cannot say how much you have blessed my life and it only being 0945 hours over here.  May God bless you and yours.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2007, 01:04:16 PM »

Thank you Anne

MG's plight has reminded me of this scripture.

John 9 : 1-7
As He passed along, He noticed a man blind from his birth.2 His disciples asked Him, Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, the he should be born blind? ( or that we should be born carnal….)3Jesus answered, It was not that this man or his parents sinned,(…or were bringing upon themselves punishment for sin…for we have all sinned and we have all fallen short of God’s Glory…) but he was born blind in order that the workings of God should be manifested, displayed and illustrated in him.  4. We must work the works of Him Who sent Me and be busy with His business while it is daylight; night is coming on, when no man can work. 5. As long as I am in the world, I am the world’s Light.6When He had said this, He spat on the ground and made clay, mud (…this makes me think of potters clay….)with His saliva, and He spread it as ointment on the man’s eyes. 7. And He said to him, Go, wash in the Pool of Siloam which means Sent.

MG's pain and all human suffering  makes me think of what Jesus suffered on His cross. The speech arresting agony of torment and grief that disfigured His appearance, robbed Him of beauty and marred His flesh. Jesus went through this for us and our suffering shares in His suffering! We are made to go through it and like Jesus NO ONE wants to suffer. Jesus did not want to drink from the cup and God made Him. Ray points this out in his teachings on this subject.

I see human pain as a reminder to those of us less pained, that Jesus suffered pain that many of us will not ever know or share in our life times. I know that no human can say that they accept their suffering without HIS Strength.We can not will away our circumstances or imagine that we can accept pain in the place of any human being and do as good a job as Jeusus because only Jesus was the spotless sin offering. No human flesh is or can hold such a title. Yet Jesus does say that we can share in His sacrifice, carry our cross and see that our pain is a share of His own cross. For me MG fits this category as do all my brothers and sisters who recognise that their pain draws them closer to and not further away from Jesus. This is a privilage and not a guarantee. Many hate God for their sufferings.

Of course it is much easier to advise someone from standing at the foot of their suffering not being nailed to the pain they are in. Of course it is very much easier to tell Job what to do in his anguish. God was not too pleased with Job’s friends either. Being holier than thou as our passing by attempt at alleviation of another’s sorrow or suffering is not worthy to be called love yet it was Jesus who tarried when news came to him of Lazarus who was deathly ill.

MG'S  pain and  post stalled me....It got me thinking. In this I see MG as sent to show me that I should know it is HIM who has healed my emotions too and it is HIM who is leading me and strenghening me and blessing me and caring for me.....

Perhaps the scriptures tell us not to trivialize people’s pain, or try to adjudicate someone’s suffering but to wait….not until they die but until we know that God is in command of everything and everyone.

You hold a very important place in this Forum for me MG. Not because any one of my brothers or sisters are of lesser significance but because your pain is higher up in the rafters closest to the suffering that Jesus endured on Calvery.

Heb 4 : 15 For we do not have a High Priest Who is unable to understand and sympathize and have a shared feeling with our weaknesses and infirmities and liability to the assaults of temptation, but One Who has been tempted in every respect as we are, yet without sinning.

MG you have recognised andacknowledged His miraculous healing of your emotions….I see your flesh  is uniting to His own that was crucified for our salvation…..This is how I see you MG….a reminder of His agony suffered for us all. Not to agrandise your suffering or make a display of your pain....but to draw  nearer to the conclusion that God is doing with you exactly what He knows is best and what is so wonderful is that this understanding also shines through your awareness of His presence in your life.

I am not going through anything nearly like what you describe….neither was the thief that asked Jesus to remember him…………

I hope you remember me too MG

Peace be to you .......I see you too have been sent on your way to the pool of Siloam...as have we all who can say we are brothers and sisters.  HE is the pool of Siloam....HE is the SENT ONE. He is coming back....

I hope this post lifts your burden just a little bit MG and all those who suffer in the hidden places of hurts and pains that are silent and  unspeakable...for this reason I have written to you.

Peace be to you

Arcturus

« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 01:07:18 PM by Arcturus »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2007, 01:24:56 PM »

Anne

It blesses me to see His hands of holiness loosening you from your bondage...and captivity to human cruelty and false teachings.

Peace be to you

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2007, 01:28:50 PM »

Arcturus,

I guess where it could be in my life, the spirit is willing but the flesh is so weak.  It hurts sometimes, and I am learning what I have been praying for paitence and perserverance <sic?>

Have a great day.  Just out of curiosity, how many hours are you ahead of Central Time?

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2007, 04:38:09 PM »

Hi Anne

According to the time zone chart I am about eight hours ahead of you. :)
That means I am asleep when you guys are awake....It figures! :D..blame it on the time zone! ;D

Peace to you....

Robin

« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2007, 06:33:13 PM »

Thank you all for sharing your hearts and proclaiming your faith!

I do believe that God is in control of all. Sometimes when he deals with me I can see that even the words that others speak are in his control. I've experienced times when every circumstance in my life was directed at the one thing that God was working on in me. It seems that all of it is working on the carnal and putting it to death. Bringing that which is secret into the light and exposing it. The hard part for me is when that carnal within myself is sitting in the light and I have to sit in it as God leads me to repentance and  deals with it. Sitting and looking at that beast is not much fun. That is harder than any of the suffering. Through it all I gain more faith and learn more truth. I decrease a little more and Christ increases a little more. Being conformed to his image. God forgive me for my attitude and complaints when I am being blessed so much by being called and hopefully chosen.

1 John 3

20For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.

21Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.

When I first started this journey I was tempted to try and fix the carnal. Now I know that I need to wait on God because he is the only one who can deal with my carnal mind and let me tell you it feels like a bottomless pit of carnal. I've been going through this for years and it just keeps coming. Different areas, but all the same beast. I will confess that at times I lose hope that God will ever be able to finish this work in me. When my carnal is exposed and put in the light it's hard to see past it and sometimes I panic for a little while. God always wins though. Always. Please never stop telling me who God is. There are many times when I am the weakest among us.

Matthew 23
25Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.

26Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.

27Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.

Psalm 51:6-8
6Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.
7Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
8Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.

Romans 8
30Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

31What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

32He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

33Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

34Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

35Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

36As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

37Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

38For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Jackie Lee

« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2007, 10:26:01 PM »

This thread is totally awesome.
 I at this time have no other words. :-X

gmik

« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2007, 10:56:34 PM »

This thread is totally awesome.
 I at this time have no other words. :-X

EXACTLY!!!!

Arcturus, you may have told us before, if so, I have forgotten.  How did you happen upon Ray's site??? (PS-I (we) am so glad you did)

I LOVE that scripture from Habakkuk.  I first heard it from Jimmy Swaggart (!) and have loved it for 20 years.  Funny tho, in the last year I had forgotten all about it.  Its all there in a nutshell--TRUST GOD.  Period.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 10:59:14 PM by gmik »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 20 queries.