bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Carnal-Physical-Mental  (Read 20722 times)

Robin

Carnal-Physical-Mental
« on: February 13, 2007, 03:57:46 PM »

Here's my background. I have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and because of prolonged stress my nervous system is very sensitive. I can't handle noise and isolation is the only comfort I find in complete silence. The doctor told me I don't have lupus, but my neck is bad and I have chronic pain.

So I feel like one big lump of carnal mind because of this. My brain doesn't work right and I can't change that. It never turns off and I'm exhausted from thinking too much. So this leaves me very grumpy and grouchy most of the time. I don't have peace. I've never experienced happiness, which I don't put much importance on, but it feels all so carnal. God healed all my emotional pain in a miraculous way, but I'm still left with my bad brain and nervous system. I don't believe in positive self talk or hypnotism or neurofeedback or behavior modification and things like that. I can't take medication to ease any of this because I have a rare side effect of extreme muscle pain with all of it. I've tried many.

I think if my mind wasn't so carnal I could overcome all of this, but I'm at a loss. The more God puts me through fiery trials the worse my brain and nervous system seem to get. I know it's all in God's hands, but I hate being like this and there is nothing I can do about it. It is not pleasant to be around me. I am fortunate to have a loving family who understands me.

Will I always be a lump of carnal because of this?

eggi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Carnal-Physical-Mental
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 04:13:07 PM »

Certainly not!

Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ: (Php 1:6 KJV)

Like Peter said, all believers pass through the following:

The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD. (Joe 2:31 KJV)

But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words: For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.

But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy: And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke: The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:

So we must pass through these fiery trials, but every day we are closer to salvation:

And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed. (Rom 13:11 KJV)

Hope this helps you,
Eirik
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

PKnowler

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 04:50:12 PM »

Hey Robin,

I'm sorry to hear about your pain and stress. I had no idea how bad it was for you. Thanks for sharing with us so we can pray for you! It helps us to know each other better to know what trials we are going though. It is sad that you say you have never experienced happiness. I don't know that I understand that. Surely at one time you were happy. I can't imagine living with pain though. I'm sure it would rob you of much happiness. My husband lives with chronic arthritis pain. Sometimes the pain brings him to tears.

I know I have called you super woman because of how much you have going on in your life- maybe it is all too much stimulus and it may be what makes it more difficult to rest.

Those were great scriptures Eirik! Thanks! I love the scripture you quoted :
"now is our salvation nearer than when we first believed." Praise God!

Of course Eirik is right you will not always be a lump of carnal because He who began a good work in you will be faithful to complete it! I wish I had something to add but that says it all. We are all waiting on Christ to overcome our carnal self- none of us have arrived yet!

You are in my prayers! I will also pray that you will be happy  :) as well as healed and painfree!

Bless you!
~Paula

hillsbororiver

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 04:53:00 PM »

Here's my background. I have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and because of prolonged stress my nervous system is very sensitive. I can't handle noise and isolation is the only comfort I find in complete silence. The doctor told me I don't have lupus, but my neck is bad and I have chronic pain.

M.G.

I am sorry to hear this, I don't have the extreme pain issues to deal with but often I do find myself seeking solitude and back away from most social events, even only if it involves family and/or friends. This is a rather recent feeling as I used to be the fascillitator and organizer for get togethers, parties, picnics, etc. I usually feel devoid of connecting with those around me, alone in a crowd so to speak, this is something I disguise pretty well but my lack of actively persuing or in attending many events has some wondering what is going on, myself included.

So I feel like one big lump of carnal mind because of this. My brain doesn't work right and I can't change that. It never turns off and I'm exhausted from thinking too much. So this leaves me very grumpy and grouchy most of the time. I don't have peace. I've never experienced happiness, which I don't put much importance on, but it feels all so carnal. God healed all my emotional pain in a miraculous way, but I'm still left with my bad brain and nervous system. I don't believe in positive self talk or hypnotism or neurofeedback or behavior modification and things like that. I can't take medication to ease any of this because I have a rare side effect of extreme muscle pain with all of it. I've tried many.

That is certainly a dreadful feeling, body exhausted but the brain racing all over the place.

I believe He is drawing you closer to Him, putting you in a place where only you and Him can occupy. Is this the "strange thing" Peter spoke of?
(1Peter 4:12)

I think if my mind wasn't so carnal I could overcome all of this, but I'm at a loss. The more God puts me through fiery trials the worse my brain and nervous system seem to get. I know it's all in God's hands, but I hate being like this and there is nothing I can do about it. It is not pleasant to be around me. I am fortunate to have a loving family who understands me.

Actually I have always found you to be edifying, pleasant, uplifting and a very valued Sister, I always look forward to your posts and miss you when you are away for a while. M.G. have faith He will calm the storm and the boat will be still and you will have some tranquility, He must be preparing you for something really special.

Will I always be a lump of carnal because of this?

No! You are being transformed into His Daughter, what a glorious promise!

His Peace and Comfort to you Sister,

Joe

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 04:57:25 PM »

M.G.,

Might I point you to Paul.  Think of all that he has done and all that he has written.  Think upon on all the lives that he changed for the good.  Now he had a thorn in his flesh and begged God 3 times to remove it.  God did not, becuase he told Paul, my grace is sufficient for you.  When you feel down, look to Paul.  I am sorry that I could not find this Scripture, Kat, once again I enlist your help.

He was certainly no carnal lump and neither will you.  I have migraines and a terrible back ache that pervades much of my everyday life. I am glad I have these, even though my pain threshold is very high becuase of the pain that is present, becuase it keeps me humble and focused on God.  I would not trade this for all the world.

God bless you and I will pray for you.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

hillsbororiver

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2007, 05:03:25 PM »

M.G.,

Might I point you to Paul.  Think of all that he has done and all that he has written.  Think upon on all the lives that he changed for the good.  Now he had a thorn in his flesh and begged God 3 times to remove it.  God did not, becuase he told Paul, my grace is sufficient for you.  When you feel down, look to Paul.  I am sorry that I could not find this Scripture, Kat, once again I enlist your help.

He was certainly no carnal lump and neither will you.  I have migraines and a terrible back ache that pervades much of my everyday life. I am glad I have these, even though my pain threshold is very high becuase of the pain that is present, becuase it keeps me humble and focused on God.  I would not trade this for all the world.

God bless you and I will pray for you.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

2Co 12:7  And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.

2Co 12:8  For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.

2Co 12:9  And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

2Co 12:10  Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 05:23:42 PM »

Thanks Joe,

<hugs> and not the Judas kind either. LOL  ;D

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

hebrewroots98

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2007, 06:09:34 PM »

Hello Robin.  This is Susan.  I will be praying for God to bless you with the peace and joy that His daughters so rightly deserve.  Just don't let satan steal these gifts from you.  I too know what it is like to live with constant pain; (I slept on the couch again last night due to the lower back problems...I sat too long yesterday on the BIBLE TRUTHS FORUM, and paid for it last night. ;)  I have Gulf War Syndrome (exhaustion from having too much DU(depleted Uranium) and too many other toxins in my system), no PTSD, but, I don't have to be in a war to experience that kind of stress, b/c last year was the worst year for stress in my walk with God!!!, amongst many other physical problems, but, GOD is my strength and, this too shall pass! :D

PLEASE DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND GET SOME (NATURALPATHIC) "B-COMPLEX" (SUBLINGUAL; UNDER THE TONGUE) TABLETS... these are all of the B vitamins that your body needs for a healthy nervous system and it DOES MIRICLES...AND PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW YOU FEEL AFTER YOU START TAKING THEM.  THEY ARE TRULY A GODSEND!!!  ANNE, WHEN ARE WE GOING TO THE STORE TO GET YOUR B COMPLEX, FEVERFEW AND SOMETHING ELSE ???

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2007, 06:11:49 PM »

Susan,

When the bank account magically fills itself again.  I do not like the balence to fall below 25.00 dollars.  I will give you a call soon.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

hebrewroots98

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2007, 06:15:15 PM »

cash, what is cash??? ???  (We have to get electrocuted in order to get cash ;)

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2007, 06:22:11 PM »

Susan,

You know the green stuff that supposedly grows off of treese, but everyone is watching those trees and they are bare LOL?

Now that was horrible and sick, but funny.  I guess I have a weird dry sense of humor today.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Kat

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2007, 06:22:39 PM »

Hi M.G.,

When I read a post like yours, it makes my little problems seem so small.
I will say that your testimony is to help us understand others better.  
We do not know what others may be enduring and we should try to always be considerate and kind to other, showing agapao love.
Because we may not like it when someone is grumpy or grouchy, but we should realize we don't know their situation, they make indeed be under tremendous mental or emotional stress.
I will pray for you and your family.

Psa 33:22  Let Your mercy, O Jehovah, be on us, according as we hope in You.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

hillsbororiver

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2007, 06:36:34 PM »

Beautiful post Kat, that is so true.

His Peace to you,

Joe

Jackie Lee

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2007, 06:39:13 PM »

Hi mg believe me you are not alone, I hope this may help you.
 In 2000 I was diagnosed with Lupus and Scleroderma.
 I had lost over 50% of my hearing in one ear and over 30% in the other.
I don't grasp things much because I can't hear.
In 2001 my pelvis fractured for no reason.
I walked around months hobbling around until the doctor finally found the fracture with a MRI.
 I am not that old so this shouldn't be happening.
Then in 2005 I was diagnosed with cancer, the doctor told me he had bad news and good news, the good news they believed it hadn't spread. I had surgery, as best I know I am clear now for 16 months.
Thank God I didn't have to have chemo but it has been a rough road.
 My husband is totally indifferent to all my problems this left me leaning on God.
This has been a rough journey but if I had not had all these health problems I may not have searched so hard for the good in all these things.
I really believe sickness is a way to stop one in their tracks and make one regroup.
 I know it did me.
 Maybe if you just realize even though this is bad good can come from it.
I will be praying things get better and only good comes from this.
 I pray you find happiness and joy.

Jackie Lee

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2007, 06:44:02 PM »

MG I am sorry I didn't capitalize your screen name in my post.
I sent before I realized.
I am new here couldn't find the edit button.
God Bless... Jackie

longhorn

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2007, 07:35:25 PM »

I recommend sub-lingual JD Red Label.

Longhorn

DWIGHT

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2007, 08:32:38 PM »

Robin, Susan, Jackie Lee and Anne,

My dear sisters, my heart goes out to all of you.  I feel for all of you and pray the our Lord will give each of you a way that you may be able to bear.  This seems to go beyond words, all of us must take you all to the Lord and lift you up before Him. 

"3 Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;
4 Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.
5 For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ.
6 And whether we be afflicted, it is for your consolation and salvation, which is effectual in the enduring of the same sufferings which we also suffer: or whether we be comforted, it is for your consolation and salvation.
7 And our hope of you is stedfast, knowing, that as ye are partakers of the sufferings, so shall ye be also of the consolation." ll Cor. 1: 3-7.

My prayers are with you all.

Dwight

Robin

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2007, 08:50:36 PM »

Here are a couple of emails I got from Ray that were helpful and might be helpful to some others who are struggling.

Dear Robin:
We are all hard nuts to crack, as you state.  There are so many areas of our lives that can cause us heartache, and depression. Few indeed have financial independence, freedom from aches and pains, marital problems, children problems, mental and spiritual problems, plus the evil of the world that we witness daily.  Even the Apostle Paul had to proclaim that he had "to LEARN" to be content. But here is the full context (in the Concordant Version) of his statement:

Phi 4:5 Let your lenience be known to all men: the Lord is near.

Phi 4:6 Do not worry about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God,

Phi 4:7 and the peace of God, that is superior to every frame of mind, shall be garrisoning your hearts and your apprehensions in Christ Jesus."

Phi 4:8 For the rest, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is grave, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is agreeable, whatever is renowned - if there is any virtue, and if any applause, be taking these into account."

Phi 4:9 What you learned also, and accepted and hear and perceived in me, these be putting into practice, and the God of peace will be with you."

Phi 4:10 Now I rejoiced in the Lord greatly that at length, for once your disposition toward me blossomed, to which you were disposed also, yet you lacked occasion."

Phi 4:11 Not that I am hinting at a want, FOR I LEARNED to be content in that in which I am."

Phi 4:12 I am aware what it is to be humbled as well as aware what it is to be superabounding. In everything and among all am I initiated, to be satisified as well as to be hungering, to be superabounding as well as to be in want."

Phi 4:13 For all am I strong in Him Who is invigorating me - Christ!

Phi 4:14 Moreover, you do ideally in your joint contribution in my affliction."

Phi 4:15 Now you Philippians also are aware that, in the beginning of the evangel, when I came out from Macedonia, not one ecclesia participates with me in the matter of giving and getting, except you only,

Phi 4:16 for in Thessalonica also, you send, once and twice, to my need."

Phi 4:17 Not that I am seeking for a gift, but I am seeking for fruit that is increasing for your account."

Phi 4:18 Now I am collecting all, and am superabounding. I have been filled full, receiving from Epaphroditus the things from you, an odor fragrant, a sacrifice acceptable, well pleasing to God."

Phi 4:19 Now my God shall be filling your every need in accord with His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.

Phi 4:20 Now to our God and Father be glory for the eons of the eons! Amen!

Our prayers are with you, Robin, and with all those who are struggling through life. There is a great reason for it all.  It is a painful thing to be birthed into the family of God.

God be with you,

Ray

Dear Robin:

I think that you are confusing "gift" with "fruit." God gives us the "gift" of faith to start the ball rolling , so to speak, but he does not at the same time gift us with "love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithFULNESS, gentleness and self-control" so that we can then live a righteous and good life. We must all PRODUCE, YIELD, BRING FORTH, and BEAR much fruit. All of these terms are used in Scripture and all of them are a process of growth, they are not supernatural gifts.

God be with you,

Ray

Both of these emails were very helpful with my understanding. I had it all wrong. I thought we would have a Pentecostal type of filling of the Holy Spirit that would give us fruit as a gift. Ray explained that it is faith that is the gift and the fruit is a process of growth. God promised me at one point that he would write the laws on my heart, which to me meant that Christ would be written on my heart. It really took my breath away when I learned that. I think now though that it won't truly be completed until we are resurrected. I was a little disappointed when learning that after I got here, but that does not take away from that amazing promise. I just jumped the gun with my interpretation of it. I could just imagine being totally filled with Christ to overflowing. I just could hardly wait. Then as time went on and it didn't happen I thought maybe my Pastor was right and my beliefs were only leading me to despair. I was fortunate to find Ray and all you when I did. I was starting to doubt that I knew the truth. You all confirmed that I did and there was a lot more truth to add to it here.

When I saw that Peace and Joy were fruit it prompted me to email Ray. Through the email I realized that I was being carnal in my desire to have Peace and Joy. I was wanting to escape from the fiery trials. The fruit that we bear we bear unto God. It is for his pleasure, not mine.

Romans 7:4
Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God

The lessons get harder and harder.

Luke 12:48
But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

I can see the truth in the absolute that Ray speaks of that I'm thankful that Arcturus kept pointing out. I can shout it out for everyone, but when it comes to myself in the relative it's like Peter trying to walk on water. I doubt and I sink sometimes. The obstacles in my life seem as impossible as trying walk on water. And Jesus said "Why do you doubt?"

Matthew 14
 28And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water.

29And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.

30But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.

31And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?

I thank you all for giving me a boost in my faith. I feel like I have multiple personalities at times the way I can go back and forth between faith and doubt. Walk on water one minute and sink the next. Another parable. Paul made it to the end and I find courage from his testimony. The things he went through by the grace of God can give us all hope.

Many prayers for you all!

I think I've rambled on and on again. :)

gmik

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2007, 12:54:31 AM »

MG & Jackie.  Thank you for sharing from your hearts w/ us.  I stand in awe at your strong testimony of the power of God in your lives.  Think of the joys that await you!

For years I had the migraines, and then muscle/joint pain which I thought was Fibromyalgia.  I did some holistic treatments but I was in pain all the time and then depression, menopause, and TMJ adn Mortons Neuroma.  What it boiled down to was I resorted to prescription drugs. Well, I broke out in a horrible rash and gained weight like crazy!!!!  After about 5 years I quit the sleeping pills, now have a low dosage anti-depressant/pain reliever, and thyroid pill and cholesterol.  My pain in my joints have settled into my hands and knees (old arthur itis). 
Some might remember I was in hospital for 5 days last October w/ anemia.

You know, I prayed all that time but never thought I was REALLY sick.  I hardly let anyone know(except at home).  I know I need to lose weight and exercise but I am half hearted at best.

I am not comparing myself to you two, because your trials are much more serious.  I just want you to know that you are not alone and we love you and care about you.  MG has been around for a long time (Robin!) but Jackie you are part of this family now too.

Let us pray one for another and build each other up.  This has been a blessed thread.

hebrewroots98

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2007, 03:27:51 AM »

I want to say (before I forget) that I believe that Pauls' infirmities were (as he stated in 2Cor.12:7)....simply that due to all of his worldly wisdom and knowledge  then he was in danger daily of exaulting himself instead of the Lord.  (Pau knew as many as 7 languages), he had worldly and religious power and prestige, spiritual revelations and spiritual knowledge...in other words, he was so smart both physically and spiritually that he could very easily bragg on himself and the spiritual power/revelations that God had imparted to him alone; thus, he had to work hard to keep that boasting in check!  How many men are used of God as Paul was used to carry the good news to so many Jews and Gentiles?

Thank you Dwight for your blessings and prayers.  I did not write all of my ailments in the last post b/c I don't want to sound like I'm a hypochondriac or like I am trying to get attention or sympathy; but since we are sharing, I might as well be open and honest while we are all on the subject so that everyone here might have a better understanding of what goes on physically with me on a daily basis, that way, if you notice an inconsistancy or something else, it is probably attributed to one of the following health problems. 

Gena, I can feel for you and all of the ailments that you suffer with everyday, and I can relate  \with you b/c I too suffer with anemia, how is yours right now?  ...I have PICA (where I crave ice...I eat 4+ bags of soft Sonic ice per week; ha, I keep them in business ;)) and have had to have a unit of bovine (cow) iron in the past...then once I was filled with this iron, I didn't eat ice for a year.  :)  I am also on prenatal vitamins with iron (ha... prenatal for an ole' menopausal lady ;).) (This anemia still zaps my energy even while being on all of these things)...

Then there is the thyroid disease...If I do not take this synthetic thyroid meds each day, then my heart will eventually slow down so much that it would STOP ...lol.)

So, between the Gulf War Syndrom/DU poisoning, anemia, pica, thyroid problems/ and peri menopusal hormones getting low,  I tend to get exhausted quite often...But, what is truly amazing is that God is so good to give me strength everyday b/c i could easily be bedridden everyday for sure!  I look healthy enough and get around alright (and I am a bit overweight b/c I have NO metabolism due to the last lobe of my thyroid getting nuked in the war)...the left lobe was surgically removed before the war....which when they took my thyroid, they cut off my 'para thyroid' glands  to where now I have been zapped of my calcium in my blood too), so...all of the above as well as major back problems/aches and spasms ...degenerative disc disease and scoliosis...(they want to do back surgury, but I refuse to let them)/ peri menopausal which causes hormonal imbalances...(all of this and I am only 45 yo).... these are my thorns in the flesh and I try to thank God for them, but, I  throw a pitty party at times too :'( :'( ...talk about energy zappers!  So, now if I don't say anything and you notice a poor attitude, it could be these trials; just PM me and tell me about it!  I do take plenty of suppliments to try to aleviate all that I can without an MD and I thank God for them b/c they help alot.  I know that others suffer much worse than I, and I will be praying for you all.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 23 queries.