bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Something I learned  (Read 4753 times)

Phazel

Something I learned
« on: April 08, 2006, 03:46:56 AM »

One thing I have found is how excited I actually get now when getting home from work and finally get time to read the bible.

huh?   I thought I would never hear myself say that.  

But the most interesting thing that I have felt recently is less of a contempt for those that we are told are going to burn in hell.  At least for me growing up and being in the christian environment for so long.

I think when believing that God will actually do that we start getting this mentality that we can sit in judgment right along with God and send people on thier merry way to eternal damnation cause they didn't listen to the wise words we were shouting at them.

I think I discovered truly what it means to be free indeed or at least a glimps.   :)

nightmare sasuke

Re: Something I learned
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2006, 05:12:01 AM »

Quote from: Phazel
One thing I have found is how excited I actually get now when getting home from work and finally get time to read the bible.

huh?   I thought I would never hear myself say that.  

But the most interesting thing that I have felt recently is less of a contempt for those that we are told are going to burn in hell.  At least for me growing up and being in the christian environment for so long.

I think when believing that God will actually do that we start getting this mentality that we can sit in judgment right along with God and send people on thier merry way to eternal damnation cause they didn't listen to the wise words we were shouting at them.

I think I discovered truly what it means to be free indeed or at least a glimps.   :)

AMEN! (I never thought I'd hear myself say that ;D ).

"But the most interesting thing that I have felt recently is less of a contempt for those that we are told are going to burn in hell.  At least for me growing up and being in the christian environment for so long."

I feel more sorry for the Christians than I do the atheists. At leas the atheists aren't twisting God's word.

I know the feeling you're experiencing. When I was opened up to the Truth, my grades began to fall in School, as a result of so much Bible studying. I actually have a passion for Christ now! That’s what the truth does; that’s the feeling you get when Christ “drags you.�

ertsky

Something I learned
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2006, 04:22:31 PM »

i just wanted to say

YOU GUYS ARE BLESSING ME!!!

f

Mal 3:16  Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name.

rvhill

Re: Something I learned
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2006, 05:23:53 PM »

Quote from: nightmare sasuke
I feel more sorry for the Christians than I do the atheists. At leas the atheists aren't twisting God's word.

I would say that you still have more growing to do. The Christians you are referring to and the Atheist have the same problem. Why feel more or less for one group then the other? The problem are the same they just manifest in different ways, lack of faith, a Beast that is running rampant, and possible sin against the holy spirit.

orion77

Something I learned
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2006, 03:31:31 PM »

Jn 8:31
. Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, [then] are ye my disciples indeed;

Jn 8:32
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Jn 8:36
If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

1Cor 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether [we be] Jews or Gentiles, whether [we be] bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Phazel, I know what you mean.  It is a great excitement that overfills with joy to read His word in spirit and truth.  To know that He is truly loving and forgiving, not being under the bondage of worldly reigion is truly a lighter yoke.  Hardest thing is being surrounded by babes who refuse to grow into maturity.  It's rather a lonely walk, but I suppose this is the way for all who follow Jesus.

My prayer is that you all will have people of like mind to share in the glorious gospel.

God bless,

Gary

ertsky

Something I learned
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2006, 04:31:02 PM »

i'm with you bob

And they(the world) will know us by our love for one another!!!

Joh 15:10  If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

may God enable us to understand

Joh 15:8  Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.
Joh 15:9  As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.
Joh 15:10  If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

ah my heart beats strong with a grateful song

His mercy endures forever

f
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 20 queries.