bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Short Testimony (Seeker 1)  (Read 8876 times)

DWIGHT

Re: A Short Testimony (Seeker 1)
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2007, 04:33:10 PM »

Hi Seeker,

You didn't do anything wrong.  The message you sent me was a PM...a private message and it is not posted in public.  Don't worry you'll get the hang of it.

Dwight

seeker1

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2007, 02:45:53 AM »

Hello Dwight, I was wondering where where you were. So you got the personal e-mail I sent, right?

I never found a personal e-mail back or else didn't know where to find it. Thanks for posting here as this seems to be the only way to keep in contact...

I enjoyed reading a bit about your personal and family life, thanks for sharing.

It will take me a while to figure out the posting, reading, and reply procedures. A very long time perhaps, because I am a "Certified Computer Hater".  It seems that for Most people computer programs are intuitive and make sense. To ME they are idiotic, confusing and counterintuitive, unless of course I am killing monsters or enemys in a shooter game. I would have never have learned anything about the computer except for the fact that I got addicted to the shooter games a few years ago......  Believe it or not, I am very good at repairing electronic equipment and understand computer hardware, Boolean Algebra, Radios, Land Lines, Audio, Video, Satellite Time Division Multiplex Sharing {TDMS} Etc. To me it all makes sense and is perfectly logical;   But SOFTWARE seems to be a CURSE from the pit of "hell".

I really wonder if the software geeks aren't  playing a game of "Get Even" against all the people like me who were mean and used to beat them up when they were kids   LOL... Later Brother

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2007, 09:52:43 AM »

Seeker,

A most amusing post to say the least.  There are many in the forum who are so helpful.  The Mods of course, Puala and Gena, and I will be glad to answer any question that you may need answering.  You are free to PM me.

As to violent games, well, hmmm I love them too, and nothing releases tension like an afternoon then playing Doom or some of my gory Playstation II games.  I am currently doing some research upon this.  The only thing that I could think that could oppose such games is Phillipians where it says to focus on noble and good things.  But I am not sure if violenet games are wrong or not.  I have an 8 month old son, and I wait until he is asleep and then play my games with headphones so he does not hear the gruesome sounds.

I just might take you up on the challenge of Doom.  Here I thought I was the best player LOL.
 ;)

As for Boolean Algebra is it not a beautiful thing.  Though, I do not practical mathematics or coming up with ways to apply thoeries and such.  I tend to dwell on the abstract side of things and be a theorest.

Your last sentence, hmmm, I could very well see it logic and laughed.  The perfect irony.  Poor Bill Gates must have been picked on LOL.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Bradigans

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2007, 08:17:22 PM »

i don't believe no one goes to an eternal hell because fire consumes. Revelation 20:14 - And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. If physical fire totally consumes, how much more spiritual?

Hebrews 11:3 - Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

jennie

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2007, 03:30:19 PM »

Not really understanding Bradigans. Fire as we know it does consume but in exodus the burning nush wasn't consumed but just burning. I would imagine that got old Moses attention don't you????
As far as church... I love our church. I understand that the Catholic church back in the day was the be all end all but our little gathering isn't like that. We expect nothing from anyone, everyone is welcome, we don't care what folks wear. We worship together, pray together and try to be "Jesus with skin on" to everyone we meet. I know that some , maybe even the mods., don't agree that anyone should be associated with a church and that's okay. I still love our little gathering. We are poor but happy and content in trying to serve others and love our Savior.

jennie

« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2007, 03:31:48 PM »

Sorry for the "mis-typing" of words. I am so bad to type  and post without checking spelling and all! Jennie
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 20 queries.