bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 7 SPIRITUAL KEYS TO UNLOCK SCRIPTURE  (Read 7213 times)

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
7 SPIRITUAL KEYS TO UNLOCK SCRIPTURE
« on: February 14, 2007, 08:45:40 PM »

Haven't posted these in awhile.

7 SPIRITUAL KEYS TO UNLOCK SCRIPTURE - L. Ray Smith
"Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural (physical); and afterward that which is SPIRITUAL" (1 Cor. 15:45)

"Now ALL these things happened unto them for examples: and they are written for OUR ADMONITION (to reprove, caution, warn, remind of obligation or duty) upon whom the ends of the world are come" (1 Cor. 10:11)

"Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of an private interpretation (Gk: 'is becoming it's OWN explanation')" (2 Pet. 1:20)

"The words that I speak unto you, they ARE SPIRIT, and they are life" (John 6:63)

"In the mouth of TWO OR THREE WITNESSES shall every word be established" (2 Cor. 13:1 & Rev.11:3)

"...comparing (or: 'matching') SPIRITUAL things with SPIRITUAL" (1 Cor. 2:13)

"Thou art righteous, O Lord, which ARE and WAS and SHALL BE" (Rev. 16:5, also Rev. 4:8 & 11:17)

DWIGHT

Re: 7 SPIRITUAL KEYS TO UNLOCK SCRIPTURE
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 09:14:18 PM »

Dennis,

Thanks for posting that.  These are the real keys to keep us on tract and to keep us from mindless wanderings of doctrines of devils.  I was just reading where Paul said, "For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.  Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them." Acts 20:29-30.

Thanks again,

Dwight

iris

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2007, 10:07:59 PM »

Hi Dennis,

Thank you so much for sharing this with us. It is good to go over the "7 Spiritual Keys to Unlock
Scripture."

Its also good to go over the paper that Ray wrote "Twelve God-Given truths To Understand His
Word."

Daniel 12:10 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly:
and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

Iris

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2007, 10:54:37 PM »

Dennis,

Thanks, this was helpful.  Glad to have some focuses now.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

dave

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 06:58:15 PM »

Excellent! :) Talk about a magnet to "Twelve God Given Truths To Understanding His Word" simply condensed!

Foxx

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, 05:18:04 AM »

This was good to read. I need to meditate on these for a while for sure. Keeping these things in mind while studying the Bible will help to see God's truths everywhere.

Patric

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2013, 03:06:20 PM »

These condensed from the Twelve Truths given to understand all scripture....are being used in my life more and more lately......the Father is sovereign.

microlink

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2013, 01:19:50 AM »

Thanks Dennis for the 7 SPIRITUAL KEYS TO UNLOCK SCRIPTURE. Good reminder for sure

And these fit so nicely with Ray's other points:
1.   GOD IS LOVE
2.   GOD IS SOVEREIGN
3.   CHRIST’S WORDS ARE SPIRIT
4.   MAN’S WILL IS NOT FREE AND INDEPENDENT OF GOD
5.   THE GREEK WORD ‘AIONIOS’ NEVER MEANS ETERNAL
6.   GOD WILLS TO SAVE ALL MANKIND
7.   GOD WILL PERFORM ALL HIS WILL

Joe from Ottawa

Wonone

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2013, 08:56:57 AM »

It is a blessing, a big blessing, to read all your comments. Love it all. What a beautiful spirit... Thank You Father!

onelovedread

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2013, 09:51:29 AM »

This paper (along with 12 God-Given Truths...) has got to be Ray's most important teachings. I say this because if we do not apply these keys we will never get insight into the scriptures and continue to take them at face value or as merely "good" principles.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 23 queries.