bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help finding some kind of Peace married to an athiest  (Read 10655 times)

Michele

Re: Help finding some kind of Peace married to an athiest
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2007, 06:55:05 PM »

I so appreciate the helpful heartfelt replies.  I also agree that I must be in a learning process here.  I long for the day when God helps me to "see" things more clearly and without doubt.  I am brimming with confusion and questions right now and I am trying to learn and it's very hard.  I appreciate any fellowship with those of you here who are in my similar boat or who just care and help me to find the answers I am searching for. THank you.

I recieved another troublesome message that someone left for me.  It is unhelpful in that someone just yanked if from the scriptures with no explanation except for it's own wording.  I can see clearly what the words say, but it is a scripture that is in contradition with the scripture about "if your unbelieving spouse wishes to stay with you then you are to stay and it sanctifies your marriage and your child" and all of those types of scriptures that follow.  So here we have a scripture about STAYING with your spouse and here someone plopped down a scripture about Leaving your family.

So which is it? 

I believe that it is important to take the two scriptures and put them into propper perspective becasue this type of responce, just leaving a scripture is decidedly unhelpful. 

It truly does appear from the outside that the scriptures contradict themselves ( a saying which i have heard many a unbeliver utter), but I am thinking/ hoping that perhaps it is just because people haven't the eyes to see with yet and pull things out of context.

The Bible clearly states Stay with your unbelieving spouse and then this scripture above says something else but what is it referring to?

Please help.
Thank you,
Michele

Matthew 19:29 - And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.

Kat

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2007, 07:47:37 PM »

Hi Michele,

The Bible clearly states Stay with your unbelieving spouse and then this scripture above says something else but what is it referring to?

This is the context from which that scripture was taken.

Mat 19:16 And lo! one coming near unto Him, said, Teacher! what good thing shall I do, that I may have life age-abiding?
v. 21  Jesus said to him, If you want to be perfect, go, sell what you have and give to the poor, and you shall have treasure in Heaven. And come, follow Me.
v. 29  And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or lands, for my name's sake, will receive a hundredfold and will inherit eternal life.

Verse 29 that you were referring to is not speaking about a physical marriage, but the spiritual life of the few chosen elect. 
When you have given your life to Christ, He comes first, before everything and everybody else.  I have had to 'spiritually' not associate with some, because we are not in agreement, so I seldom see them.  I still love them 'agape,' but I do not have the 'phileo' love that we visit and fellowship.  But as that scripture said, I have received many more to fellowship and visit with, right here at the forum  :)

The marriage is a very important part of a believers life, Christ uses it in many ways to teach us and to chasten us.  But He put us in our marriage and He is in total control with what happens in it. 
You will have to learn to trust Christ in what He is working in your life.  If your marriage is good, you are blessed in that.  If it is not so good, determine to do the best you can, in being the best wife you can be.

I hope this helps  :)

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2007, 01:48:29 AM »

Kat

that was a excellent post.

Peace to you

Arcturus ;D

Michele

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2007, 04:51:41 AM »

Thank you Kat for helping to clairify that.  I pray that God will help me learn to be able to decipher the scriptures, what they truly mean, someday.  It's very hard when you want to know but it's quite like reading a different language in that you can't see what it's really saying or you can clearly see what it says but that's not exactly what it means.   I guess that's why there are so many different "christian" religions in the world today. I feel very frustrated a lot and afraid but I'll just keep trying to learn the best I can.  Everyone of you moderators here have been a blessing in my life and I appreciate you. I appreciate the honesty here that goes along with the comfort.  While you don't spare the truth, you also always offer comfort and hope and support and what more can any of us ask for, so Thanks.
 I have a million questions so I'll keep asking. ;)
M

sansmile

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • my beautiful grandchildren
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2007, 10:13:39 AM »

Hi all, Don't know how i missed this thread, but was just catching up and read (think it was Dwight's remark) that there doesn't seem to be many couples on the forum. Well. i and my husband (Dave) have been truly blessed,as God has revealed these truths to us both. Dave was led to Rays site first and then in excitement showed me the site. I thank God and so did Dave that i could SEE the truths too in Rays site. To shre as husband and wife truly is awesome. Although he doesnt post (as he doesnt really enjoy computers) i share the threads, the humour, the love from this site with him. It has led to many studies for us as husband and wife.

We really don't realise how big a blessing this is.

Our God is an awesome God!!!!

Sandie
Walk in the Spirit

Bev

« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2007, 04:06:54 AM »

First of all, I don't know anything anymore than anyone else, but I hope you don't mind me chiming in. I hope I don't sound like them guys back in Job with their advice. That is the three guys besides Elihu (Job 32:6). I don't know what it is I'm doing here, but it's not really to give advice or maybe it is. I'm not sure. 

Anyway you had made a certain statement that scripture contradicts itself.
It truly does appear from the outside that the scriptures contradict themselves ( a saying which i have heard many a unbeliver utter),
I think you made this statement in regard to such scriptures such as Matthew 19:29 and 1st Corinthians 7:12-15.

Now, I'm not certain whether or not this is scriptural or simply my personal opinion, but I believe when it comes to the bible, there is no contradiction. The reason I say this is because I believe it's all about your heart being open to the will of the holy spirit. He's the one that guides us into all truth (John 16:13). You see one thing over there in Matthew and another over in 1st Corinthians, and what are you to think. I don't think you should think anything. Proverbs 20:27 says - The spirit (heart and not the head) of man is the candle of the LORD, searching all the inward parts of the belly. Another thing I would like to bring when you see one thing over there and another over here as far as contradiction is that this simply shows that the SPIRIT isn't bound to any creed or code of conduct. I don't think you can expect to always be politically correct when being led by THE SPIRIT (Matthew 10:37-38). If you've been reborn, regenerated and received the Holy Ghost, then follow your heart. It's not about what I or anybody else thinks. It's really not even about what you think. That's where our problems come in (Hebrews 4:12). My opinion is that (the mind) may be where the battle is won also.

You have got to get into prayer through the word and do some heart and soul searching. God is going to lead you through your heart. Again, it's not about what's right for me. You've got to be open to the promptings of the Holy Ghost. Read the bible and some of Ray's articles and pray for guidance. There's good support over here at this forum. I hope this isn't to long. I'm not trying to teach. Who am I?

IN CHRIST,

Bev

Matthew 19:29 - And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.

Michele

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2007, 05:54:19 PM »

Michelle:

Just think: God put you with your unbelieving husband, so you have nothing to worry about!

Just like God put me with a wonderful person, but one who: 1. believes wholeheartedly in the rapture and can't wait for it 2. believes in human free will 3. believes the unsaved to go "hell" for "eternity" and other nonsense. It does me no good to try to convince him these things are wrong and it does me no good to argue Bible truth...he simply cannot see it! Just like your man...he simply cannot see it (not does it help when the minions of Christendom's heresy spout nonsense such as "if Jesus were alive he'd be a Republican" and other nonsense, or geocentrism or warmongering)! It is to God's pleasure, part of His plan. So I don't think the "unequally yoked" thing is something that should bother you the way it has. Hope this helps.--Deb aka snorky

Thanks Snorky! (DEb) That DOES help!  When life is out of my control and I'm worried to death, knowing that does help.

It's going to take a while for me to UNlearn all the falsehoods of the "traditional" christian beliefs I was taught.
Thanks for the support....I'm going to keep asking and searching till it all sinks in I hope to find Peace here.
:)Michele
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 22 queries.