bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Forbidden of the Holy Ghost  (Read 4442 times)

john wimbs

Forbidden of the Holy Ghost
« on: February 15, 2007, 10:27:04 PM »

Can someone tell me why in Acts 16:6 they were forbidden to preach the word in Asia? Was it because of what happened to Stephen ,Acts6:9 ? All the trouble that was lying ahead?Or maybe just not time?

YellowStone

Re: Forbidden of the Holy Ghost
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 12:05:18 AM »

john wimbs asked"

Can someone tell me why in Acts 16:6 they were forbidden to preach the word in Asia? Was it because of what happened to Stephen ,Acts6:9 ? All the trouble that was lying ahead?Or maybe just not time?

This a great question John, :)

To my knowledge, limited as it is, I have been only able to come up with that know one has a definitive reason for Asia being of limits other than it was not yet time.

However, there may have been a good reason for this: The power of the Word.

Act 19:10  And this continued by the space of two years; so that all they which dwelt in Asia heard the word of the Lord Jesus, both Jews and Greeks.

This might have because of travelers who journeyed between the area of Ephesus into Asia carried the word of Pauls miraculous healings, etc/

Act 19:11 And God wrought special miracles by the hands of Paul:

This is of course only conjecture on my part, but it would seem feasible that Paul and the others would be able to see the Spirit of the Word working through them, filling the land of the "good news" to all, long before stepping foot on the land.

Comments are welcome. (I do not know if Ray has covered this or not) :)

Love in Christ,
Darren

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 17 queries.