bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: sound doctrine idea  (Read 4179 times)

ertsky

sound doctrine idea
« on: April 08, 2006, 05:06:21 PM »

the idea is you name a doctrine explain it in one sentence the present two verses to support it

eg.

works cannot save a man

however good and necessary works may be they cannot save you

Eph 2:8  For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9  Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Gal 2:16  Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

OR ANOTHER EXAMPLE

works are a part of the doctrine of Christ

things like faith and love do not make good works unimportant to God or the believer, even though these works do NOT save him these good works give faith and love a chance to do something in the believers life.

Tit 3:8  This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

Jam 2:18  Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

Joey Porter

sound doctrine idea
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2006, 07:43:24 PM »

The Father is greater than Christ.

John 14
28"You heard me say, 'I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.

1 Corinthians 15
27For he "has put everything under his feet." Now when it says that "everything" has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ. 28When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.