bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What do the scriptures say?  (Read 4849 times)

iris

What do the scriptures say?
« on: February 16, 2007, 09:56:23 PM »

How do the scriptures say we become converted? ( taken from LOF Part 15-B)

Romans 2:4 or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and long-suffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

John 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

John 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Philippians 2:11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

1 Corinthians 12:3 ...and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

Ephesians 2:8-10  v8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: It is the gift of God:  v9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.  v10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

LOF Part 15-B is about free will, which we do not have.

Philippians 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

I was reading over this LOF Part 15-B again today and just thought I would share this.

Iris

iris

Re: What do the scriptures say?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 02:21:03 PM »

I hope my first post didn't offend anyone. I was rereading the Lake of Fire-Part 15-B paper again about "Free Will" and when I read this part about, How do the scriptures say we become converted? ( and you know how Ray puts his little inserts inside the scripture to explain what he's talking about so we can understand, and see what he'(Ray) is saying.) Anyway, I read over the scriptures. In fact, I read over them several times, and they were so powerful. I looked the scriptures up and wrote them down and then decided to post them. I guess it didn't do for anybody else, shat it did for me. I'm sorry if anyone was offended by this.

Peace and Love,
Iris

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 02:38:59 PM »

Hello Iris

Nothing that Ray has written has ever offended me....It has taught me, lifted me, given me eyes to see and blessed me enormously and continues to do so! God has given us a teacher and we are very privilaged to have been given the teachings we have been freely given!

It is such an awesome privialge to be called to hear and see what the Lord has done!

Peace be to you

Arcturus :)

Bev

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2007, 04:02:54 PM »

How do the scriptures say we become converted? ( taken from LOF Part 15-B)

Conversion is to and for the sons of God and not to and for the world. Jesus Christ said in Luke 11:13 - If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit (THE BAPTISM OF)to them that ask him? In regard to this baptism, John the baptist said in John 1:27 - He it is, who coming after me is preferred before me, whose shoe's latchet I am not worthy to unloose. John knew that his baptism was nothing in comparison of Jesus Christ's baptism as far as in regard to conversion of the heart. He said in Matthew 3:11 - I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance. but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire. This is how you get converted.

Jesus told Nicodemus in regard to this baptism in John 3:7 - Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again (spiritually regenerated) because He said in John 3:6 - That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.. John 3:8 - The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

So, the first part of conversion begins with being baptized by the HOLY GHOST into the invisible made visible body of believers (THE CHURCH OF GOD IN AND THROUGH CHRIST)...   

Redbird

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2007, 05:53:06 PM »

Iris,

I thought your post was lovely.  Thank you.

Lisa

DWIGHT

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2007, 06:22:53 PM »

Hi Iris,

I loved those versus you quoted, and no I was not offended at all but like Arcturus, I was uplifted and blessed because these words are from God and they are spirit and truth.  It is so wonderful to be reminded how the goodness of God led us to repentance and that no man come to Jesus unless the Father draws him or her; notice something at the end of this verse, "and I will raise him up at the last day,"  First, God's goodness leads us to repent and then He draws (drags) us to Jesus and then Jesus raises us up at the last day.  What a wonderful promise and it's all of God.  Thanks Iris, keep it up. :)

Your brother,

Dwight

gmik

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2007, 01:47:08 AM »

Those scriptures prove it again to me that it is ALL HIM and nothing me!!  Thanks hon for the reminder!!

YellowStone

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2007, 08:42:59 PM »

Iris, those Scriptures are truth and I found nothing to be offended by :)

I did find this verse interesting though:

1 Corinthians 12:3 ...and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

Oh, but the times I called "Lord, Lord, what am I not getting" are still fresh in mind. I knew that Jesus was the Lord, but I know now that God had not dragged me to him. His Holy Spirit was not yet in my heart. I wanted to believe but knew not what to believe and I fell short.

So easy are these few words spoken, and how many believe that because they can say them that it is because of the Holy Ghost? And how many solemnly swear that "they found Christ!" But will not the very same (without God's intervention) scream:

Mat 7:22  "......Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?"

:D

John 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

When God starts dragging, they will know! :)

Great post Iris and thanks for sharing,

Brotherly Love in Christ,
Darren
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 20 queries.