bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Praying  (Read 5484 times)

Jackie Lee

Praying
« on: February 16, 2007, 11:13:20 PM »

I have been praying for a close relative for about 7 years now.
She has been through a lot so much it is unbelievable.
It hasn't stopped she is now living with someone.
I am trying to figure out if this is just something she has to go through.
I just feel like God told me to stop.
I just can't figure this out why would God tell me to stop praying for her?
 I am not certain he told me to not pray but I can't ask requests for her anymore, all I can do is now say you will be done.
I showed her this board, she said it was too deep at this time.
I thought it would help her anyway...
I am really concerned for her, but do you believe God possibly told me to stop praying or maybe pray differently?
I can request God's will but as far as anything else I just can't.
 I am fairly new here and to Ray's teaching and understanding of the scriptures so I am at a standstill.
I really am concerned for her mental and physical welfare, mostly mental.
Would God tell me to stop requesting things for her?
 I am hoping to get some understanding of this situation.
                               God Bless Jackie

YellowStone

Re: Praying
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 12:12:39 AM »

Jackie, this is indeed a tough one.

I'm not sure that God want's you to stop praying for your relative; rather I think has answered you in ways you did not expect.

We know that Jesus said the following: 

Jhn 15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

But Jesus also said:

Jhn 14:6  Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

When such situations as yours touch us we must realize that it is not God's plan for our wishes no matter how well founded they are. Rather we must let go of our anxiety and learn instead to trust God with all of our heart. We must put our faith in God that all is going according to his plan.

Of this Jesus spoke the following:

Mar 11:22 And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.

So in closing, I would not stop praying for your relative that she might find God; however, I would always add: "if it is your will for this to happen." or something similiar. I know what you are going through, well at least a little, for I lost a brother of mine in a similar way. He took his life and God's will was done. Perhaps I did not pray enough?

I do not hold myself to blame; we tried everything but he went down the road of destruction, just as God had always planned. All we could do was love him just as we are commanded.

I hope this helps a little Jackie :) It's a pretty sad subject, but God IS in control :)

Love in Christ,
Darren

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 12:42:03 AM »

Jackie,

Have you been praying for you relative as God wills it?  I woud encourage you to remember that God's will in her life will be done.  I will know pray for you relative as well.  Please by all means keep us updated.

I see that Darrens has posted a similar reply.  Good, I will also pray that you will have strength while facing this situation.  It is good that you showed her this forum, you planted the seed.  Now we all have to sit back and watch the Lord grow it, for we can plant seeds and water them, but only God can make them grow.  I will also pray that the Lord will use you in a powerful way to allow her to see the Truth.  Keep your head up, you are doing fine.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Jackie Lee

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2007, 12:49:19 AM »

Thank you Darren, You do understand, thank you.
I will give a little of her background, she was in church a few years ago really almost every time the doors opened.
She was always at the altar praying.
 Her husband left her for someone else took her children and the house everything that they worked for he took.
 She walked away from a good job and has lost her way it seems.
She has drifted from job to job since.
She feels God has let her down by not helping her to stand up to her x husband and raise her children.
 I also wonder why things happen this way it seems so unfair.
 Maybe I am just worn out not seeing results.
She was able to pick up a few pieces of her life and get a small house but for some reason being between jobs she hasn't paid on it and it will be repossessed.
I do pray God's will but I have not a clue what else to do.
She is now living with someone, something she said she would never do.
Her life is in shambles and I know she doesn't have a clear mind.

She is just lost but some of it is just unclear thinking, it is easier for me to see since I am on the outside somewhat.
How do I pray for her?
Thanks again and so sorry to hear about your brother.
I worry she may get to the same place your brother did I am so scared for her.

Jackie Lee

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2007, 12:55:36 AM »

Thank you Anne I do appreciate prayers for her and I really believe she would appreciate them too.
Maybe I haven't been praying God's will, since I discovered this board and Ray's web page I have been praying God's will in all my prayers.
 I do appreciate your prayers and once again I am humbled.  God Bless Jackie

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2007, 12:58:00 AM »

Jackie,

I left a PM in your box.  I write this here in case that you might not see it.

May God always bless You and Yours.  And may he lead You all deeper into His Perfect Truth.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Jackie Lee

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2007, 01:02:48 AM »

Thank you Anne I haven't figured out how to get in the box yet.
I will try and find it...Thanks

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2007, 01:07:02 AM »

Jackie,

If you look up to the upper left corner of the forum page, you will see something like

Hello, Jackie Lee, you have x messages, and x are new.  Click on the underlined one where it tells you how many messages you have.  Then you go and scroll down until you find the new PM.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Jackie Lee

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2007, 01:16:44 AM »

Thank you Anne I just can't express how much I appreciate you and others on this board.
         God Bless you....Jackie

Jackie Lee

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2007, 01:21:15 AM »

I have been in and sometimes out of church most of my life but I never felt so close to God since I have found Ray's webpage and this board.
I need to thank my friend for showing me his webpage.
I googled his name and found this board.
 I am so greatful.

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2007, 01:25:57 AM »

Jackie,

I can totally relate to you.  In my few years of following God I have traveled the gamut of the churches.  And I would plug into one and give of my time, talent, and treasure, and yet I would only feel like I was getting the scraps or crumbs when it came to the Truth and getting to know God.  Since Susan shared with me Ray's site, I am now getting to sit down to a 9 course meal.  I am so full and so blessed.  It is such an encourgagement to see others being blessed.  And to know that there is enough for everyone and I can have seconds, thirds, fourthes, and even 15ths if I am that hungry.

I am so glad that you are a member of the forum, just as much as we have blessed you, pleased understand that you have blessed me and I will be safe in saying blessed the Forum as well.  I am so glad that you are all my brothers and sisters.

Thanks Jackie for showing such a willingness to keep on praying.  Prayer has never been a strong point in my life, I have always had to write my requests and prayers down as I do better writing than talking. 

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

P.S. - I gotta go and spend time with my dear hubby and go to bed.  Good night.  I shall be dreaming of mountains of chocholate.   ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 16 queries.