bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "ELDERS"  (Read 6556 times)

Redbird

"ELDERS"
« on: February 17, 2007, 10:26:07 AM »

I noticed that alot of the members on the forum are in their sixties, ecspecially Ray.   Me, being forty, I look to their wisdom and also take comfort from their knowledge of God.  I look to you as my "elders", and am so grateful that you care about us younger ones!  My parents, are decent people, although they do not share the passion of God's word like myself.  So, in a sense, I think of all the "seniors" on this forum as my "spiritual parents".  Just wanted to let them know how much they mean to me.  God Bless You.

Lisa                                                       HAVE A BEAUTIFUL WEEKEND!!!

« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 05:48:51 PM by Redbird »

Bev

Re: "ELDERS"
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 04:52:24 PM »

So, in a sense, I think of all the "seniors" on this forum as my "spiritual parents".

Not knocking anybody, but I believe it's dangerous looking at someone as an elder or more mature saint solely from the standpoint of chronilogical age. How old was Jesus. I'm sure you would consider Him an elder inspite of His lack of chronilogical age.

Job once had this ungodly ideal also. Job 32:7-9 - I said, Days should speak, and multitude of years should teach wisdom. But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding. Great men are not always wise: neither do the aged understand judgment.

Dear brothers and sisters in Christ, no man (and nowadays or woman) has the preeminence over your faith. This is just coming from a fellow sistren. Even Paul the apostle said in 1 Corinthians 3:5 - Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man? He said in 2 Corinthians 1:24 - Not for that we have dominion over your faith, but are helpers of your joy: for by faith ye stand. You have a lot of proud man and woman who claim to be a part of the church today. They separating themselves as though they're something above everybody else. What did Jesus Christ say? Matthew 23:11 - But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant. A lot of them are serving their own ego's.

My mom once gave me some strong medicine because I believe she saw the way I was headed. I didn't speak to her for a while afterwards for I knew what she was implying. Here's the verses she gave me. 3 John 1:9 - I wrote unto the church: but Diotrephes, who loveth to have the preeminence among them, receiveth us not. Proverbs 18:1-2 - Through desire a man, having separated himself, seeketh and intermeddleth with all wisdom. A fool hath no delight in understanding, but that his heart may discover itself. Jude 1:19 - These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit. Now if God said these things to about a man of this magnitude, how much more a woman.

Anyway, since then I've found out that if God gives you an unction to do something (Satan gives unctions too), that it's to edify them within the brotherhood. Paul the apostle said in Romans 12:3-5 - For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith. For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office: So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another. We have a many men and women who are separating themselves thinking that they have a gift or talent above the rest of us. God have mercy on their souls. If you're apart of the body of Christ we all can benefit from one another, but some have separated themselves thinking they're unreachable and untouchable.

1 Corinthians 12:14 - For the body is not one member, but many. 1 Corinthians 12:16 - And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body? Don't let nobody fool you. We're all equally important and should partake in this. They've been trying to shut me up for the longest now. Only my husband can do that, and he does sometimes because as a woman, I have a tendency to get beside myself. I hope and pray and I want you to hope and pray that I'm not beside myself right now. I'm going to end this with this admonition.

James 2:1 - My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with respect of persons.    

Sincerely,

DWIGHT

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 05:56:45 PM »

Dear sister Lisa,

I'm going to thank you in the spirit that you said it.  Thank you and God bless you!

Your brother,

Dwight

iris

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2007, 06:04:35 PM »

Hi Lisa,

I agree with Dwight.
Thank you for sharing
and may God be with you!

Peace and Love,
Iris

YellowStone

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2007, 07:15:51 PM »

Hi Lisa, I too am in my 40's but age is kind of an oddity for me. I have been caught to many times mis-judging ages based on looks or knowledge, etc.

So now I have three age distinctions very young, very old and everything in between. This then brings me to your point of spiritual Eldership. I could number many in this forum who I would classify as such; all the while having no idea of age, but only of their wisdom regarding the truth they speak. It is a very comforting thought and I know exactly how you feel. God himself has provided this. :)

However, I see Bev's point very clearly too!  We should let know person take dominion over our faith just as Paul said in the verse Bev presented:

2 Corinthians 1:24 - Not for that we have dominion over your faith, but are helpers of your joy: for by faith ye stand.

How true, and I stand by that statement with you Bev :)

Thankfully, I find no such people here who thinks of themselves more highly than they ought to think, in a manner that sees dominion over my faith. Not even Ray!

Romans 12:3-5 - For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith. For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office: So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.

This is so unlike the many previous churches I used to frequent :( They more often gave precedence to "church" laws over God's.

In defense of Lisa's statement regarding how she feels towards some of the older members of the forum is in my opinion out of respect more so than their self imposed stature. I am sailing blind here, as I do not know that ages of any one except Anne (who is younger than I) who has wisdom, love and compassion far beyond her years :)

Just my two cents worth; however, your post is full of truth and is duly noted and I thank you for posting it.

Love in Christ,
Darren

longhorn

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2007, 07:21:44 PM »

Im in my 40's, but feel like im 87, but dang it if I didn't have fun getting that way.

Longhorn

Redbird

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2007, 07:33:18 PM »

"Not knocking anybody", but who said I was speaking "solely from the standpoint of chronilogical age"?

Peace be with you!
Lisa
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 08:05:39 PM by Redbird »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2007, 07:43:34 PM »

Luke 9 : 46 But a controversy arose among them as to which of them might be the greatest, surpassing the others in excellence, worth, and authority. 47 But Jesus, as he perceived the thoughts of their hearts, took a little child and put him at His side. 48 And told them, Whoever receives and accepts and welcomes this child in My name and for My sake receives and accepts and welcomes Me ;and whoever so receives Me so also receives Him Who sent Me. For he who is least and lowliest among you all – he is the one who is truly great.

Luke 18 : 17 Truly I say to you, whoever does not accept and receive and welcome the kingdom of God like a little child, does and shall not in any way enter it at all.

gmik

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2007, 11:19:17 PM »

Thanks Lisa.  The older women are to teach the younger women.  I am 58 but young feeling & young acting.  ;) I might could teach a few a thing or two about life.  But when I am on this forum  I  feel young spiritually and am always learning.  We are all unique and fit together as a puzzle, some knowing this, and some knowing that, some knowing when to speak and others knowing when to be quiet.  I agree, there IS wisdom on this forum!!

[img]http://bestsmileys.com/religous/2.gif[/im

Bradigans

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2007, 03:41:10 PM »

Keep Bev in your prayers everybody. Somebody PMed me telling me that she had got into some trouble with certain post and was banned...

Kat

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2007, 04:56:14 PM »

A ban on a person is not usually permanent. 
And sometimes a person needs a little time to consider things.
They make need to read up on Ray's teachings, to see if they are in agreement.

As a primary forum rule states:
This forum is primarily a place for people of a like mind to fellowship, and secondarily to discuss and question what they learn on bible-thrths.com.

When we study and realize that what Ray teaches is scripturally sound, then we want to fellowship with those that believe what we learned from him.  So if people come to the forum and start posting things that is not the same as what is on bible-truths, there will be confusion. 

That is why we have other rules that state:
If you seriously disagree with Ray, please email him directly.

If you come here to teach us, please take your teaching elsewhere.

THIS FORUM IS NOT TO BE USED TO DEBATE RELIGIOUS TOPICS

This is my own understanding, but I thought I would just say this to try and help others understand things better.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2007, 04:58:58 PM »

Bradford,

Thanks.  Wondered where Bev went too.

To All,

Well, I'm going to be known as the Truth seeking brat <meant in a good way> of the forum.  I do not consider myself learned enough to ever teach anyone, and so I sit back and learn from the rest of you guys.  Thanks for posting and sharing your lessons with me.  I have learned so much from all of you.  Looking forward to the next lesson of life. <grins>

Sincerley,

Anne C. McGuire

P.S. - Kat just got your reply while sending this.  Thanks for posting this.  I had wondered if a ban was forever.  It is nice that a ban can be considered to be an aion thing and not eternities upon eternities.  I am now reading the paper that Ray wrote to John Hagee, and I am loving it very much.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2007, 06:31:07 PM »

A ban on a person is not usually permanent. 
And sometimes a person needs a little time to consider things.
They make need to read up on Ray's teachings, to see if they are in agreement.

Bev was only banned from posting, she should still be able to read.  We asked her to take some time to read a little of Ray's teaching, and come to an understanding of why we are here.   We asked her to take 2 weeks to do this, and then the ban is lifted.

To all, if you see the moderators removing a post that you made, then you must stop and consider that you may be treading beyond the rules of the forum.  If you need to, you may ask a moderator, but please do not expect a full page answer and discussions back and forth on why. We don't have the time to do this, if the rules we post are not clear enough by all means ask and we will do our best to clarify.

Just last week a user questioned us on posting links.  Hopefully we changed the wording in the rules to clarify our stance on that a little better.

As Kat said a banned is not necessarily permanent, but it could be.  When a user tries to join the forum, the questionaire you all got is sent to them, if they have been banned in the past, we let them plead their case and then we may reconsider their membership.

Blessings
Craig
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 07:55:57 PM by Craig »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 23 queries.