bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kingdom, not of this world!  (Read 4928 times)

orion77

Kingdom, not of this world!
« on: April 08, 2006, 08:03:33 PM »

Jn 18:36
Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

My question is, why do so many gloom and doom false prophets try and predict future events from the bible that will supposedly take place in the events of this world, when clearly His kingdom is not of this world?

The most important thing to do is to grow into the kind of love He has for us.  He loved us while we were still sinners.  To be able to forgive a neighbor who has wronged us is following Gods example.  

Seems to be easier to see who is with God and who is against God.  

Jn 17:6
. I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.

Jn 17:9
I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

Jn 17:11
. And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we [are].

Jn 17:13
And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves.

Jn 17:14
I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

Jn 17:15
I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

Jn 17:16
They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

Jn 17:17
. Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

Jn 17:18
As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

Jn 17:21
That they all may be one; as thou, Father, [art] in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

Jn 17:24
. Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

Jn 17:25
O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me.

Jn 17:26
And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare [it]: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.

The oneness the Father and Son have, the oneness we each have with the Father and the Son...this oneness is what we all need to have to each other.  This is the kingdom of God.

God bless,

Gary

Karen

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2006, 09:11:06 PM »

Words wrote very well. For I believe the Kingdom Of Heaven is within. And I believe I am apart of that Kingdom now. ~Karen~

orion77

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2006, 09:59:31 PM »

Thank you Karen,

1Cor 13:13
And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these [is] charity.

1Cor 13:2
And though I have [the gift of] prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

1Tim 1:15
This [is] a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

1Tim 1:16
Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

2Pet 1:4
Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

2Pet 1:5
. And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;

2Pet 1:6
And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;

2Pet 1:7
And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

2Pet 1:8
For if these things be in you, and abound, they make [you that ye shall] neither [be] barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

These are the characteristics we look to grow into and become.  May we keep our spiritual eyes on these things, so as not to get caught up in the snare of religious trappings.

God bless,

Gary

Mickyd

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2006, 09:44:47 PM »

These are wonderful post guys! We should all keep these things in mind every day. But also keep this in mind....

If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all 'men most miserable. 1 cor 15:19

This world is only a runner up for what is awaiting us!!

Praise God!!

bowlbyx

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2006, 11:28:57 PM »

Words wrote very well. For I believe the Kingdom Of Heaven is within. And I believe I am apart of that Kingdom now. ~Karen

Glad im not the only one.  want to see some  :shock:  looks, tell a christian that you believe heaven is within.  not some place we go.   :P

david

orion77

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2006, 12:15:26 AM »

I hear ya, david.  Been kicked out of a few churches in the past, told I was possessed by a devil and all of this just for trying to communicate the love that God has for ALL of His creation.

Truly amazing,

God bless,

Gary

orion77

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2006, 01:55:57 AM »

The love of God surpasses all understanding.  The day will come when we shall see Him as He is and come to a full realization of His love.  

Dt 10:17
For Yahweh your Elohim, He is the Elohim of elohim and the Lord of lords, the El, the great, the masterful and the fear-inspiring One, Who neither lifts up faces in partiality nor takes a bribe,

Dt 10:18
the One executing judgment of orphan and widow, the One loving the sojourner, so as to give him bread and garment.

Dt 10:19
You will love the sojourner, for you became sojourners in the country of Egypt.

Here we are to still love those who are still in Egypt, for this is where we were ourselves.

Dt 30:1
It will come to be, when all these things come on you, the blessing and the malediction which I put before you, that you will recall them to your heart among all the nations where Yahweh your Elohim will have expelled you

Dt 30:2
and that you will return again to Yahweh your Elohim and hearken to His voice according to all that I am instructing you today, you and your sons, with all your heart and with all your soul.

Dt 30:3
Then Yahweh your Elohim will turn back your captivity and show compassion to you; He will return and convene you from all the peoples where Yahweh your Elohim will have scattered you.

Dt 30:4
If it comes to be that you should be expelled to the end of the heavens, from there Yahweh your Elohim shall convene you, and from there He shall take you.

Dt 30:5
Then Yahweh your Elohim will bring you to the land that your fathers tenanted; you will tenant it, and He will bring you good and let you increase more than your fathers.

Dt 30:6
Yahweh your Elohim will circumcise your heart and the heart of your seed so as to love Yahweh your Elohim with all your heart and with all your soul, that you may stay alive.

Dt 30:7
Then Yahweh your Elohim will put all these imprecations on your enemies and on those hating you, who persecute you.

Our God shall never forsake us, beautiful verses.

Ps 4:1
{ A Davidic Psalm } When I called, He answered me, Elohim of my righteousness; In my distress, You made a wideness for me; Be gracious to me, and hear my prayer.

Ps 4:2
Sons of man, how long, turning my glory into mortification, Shall you love empty words and seek after a lie? { Interlude }

Ps 4:3
Now know that Yahweh has distinguished the benign one for Himself; Yahweh, He shall hear when I call to Him.

Ps 4:4
Be astounded, yet do not sin; Commune in your heart on your bed, And be still. { Interlude }

Ps 4:5
Sacrifice the sacrifices of righteousness, And trust in Yahweh.

Ps 4:6
Many are saying, Shall anyone show us good? Lift up the light of Your countenance over us, O Yahweh.

Ps 4:7
You have placed rejoicing in my heart, More than in the season when their grain and their grape juice multiplied.

Ps 4:8
Let me lie down and sleep in peace at once. For You, O Yahweh, alone are causing me to dwell in serenity. { Permanent, Concerning the Allotments }

It's a great peace when we see God as He is.  8)

Prov 2:1
My son, if you take my words And store up my instructions within you,

Prov 2:2
Attending with your ear to wisdom, And you stretch out your heart to comprehension,

Prov 2:3
Indeed if you call out for understanding, And you lift up your voice for comprehension,

Prov 2:4
If you seek it as for silver And search for it as for buried treasures,

Prov 2:5
Then you shall understand the fear of Yahweh, And you shall find the knowledge of God.

Prov 2:6
For Yahweh Himself gives wisdom; From His mouth come knowledge and comprehension;

Prov 2:7
He stores up sagacity for the upright, A shield for those walking with integrity,

Prov 2:8
So as to preserve the paths of judgment, And so He may guard the way of His benign ones.

Prov 2:9
Then you shall understand righteousness and right judgment, And you shall be upright in every good route;

Prov 2:10
For wisdom shall come into your heart, And knowledge shall be pleasant to your soul.

Prov 2:11
Foresight, it shall guard you; Comprehension, it shall preserve you,

Jer 31:3
From afar Yahweh has appeared to me, With love eonian I have loved you, Therefore I have drawn you [with] kindness.

Jer 31:4
Again do I build you, And you have been built, O virgin of Israel, Again you put on your tabrets, And have gone out in the chorus of the playful.

Jer 31:9
With weeping they come in, And with supplications I bring them, I cause them to go unto streams of waters, In a right way--they stumble not in it, For I have been to Israel for a father, And Ephraim--My first-born [is] he.

Jer 31:13
Then rejoice does a virgin in a chorus, Both young men and old men--together, And I have turned their mourning to joy, And have comforted them, And gladdened them above their sorrow,

Jer 31:16
Thus said Yahweh: Withhold your voice from weeping, and your eyes from tears, For there is a reward for your work, An affirmation of Yahweh, And they have turned back from the land of the enemy.

Jer 31:17
And there is hope for your latter end, An affirmation of Yahweh, And the sons have turned back [to] their border.

Jer 31:18
I have surely heard Ephraim bemoaning himself,  `You have chastised me, And I am chastised, as a heifer not taught, Turn me back, and I turn back, For you [are] Yahweh my Elohim.

Jer 31:19
For after my turning back I repented, And after my being instructed I struck on the thigh, I have been ashamed, I have also blushed, For I have borne the reproach of my youth.

Mt 5:44
Yet I' am saying to you, |Love your *enemies, and |pray~ forthe sake of *those who are persecuting you,

Mt 5:46
For if ever you should |love *those who are loving you, anywhat wages |have you? Are not the tribute collectors also doing the same?

Lk 6:27
 "But to you, who are hearing, am I saying: Love your enemies. Be doing ideally to those who are hating you.

Rom 5:5
Now *expectation is not mortifying, seeing that the love of *God has been poured~ out in our *hearts through the holy spirit *which is being given to us.

Rom 5:8
yet *God is commending this *love of selfHis intoto us, seeing that, while we |are still sinners, Christ died for our sakes.

Rom 13:10
*Love is not working~ evil to an *associate. The complement, then, of law,  is *love.

Gal 5:14
For the entire law is ofulfilled~ in one word, in *this:  "You shall |love your *associate as yourself."

Eph 3:19
to know the love of Christ as well which transcends *knowledge--that you may be |completed intofor the entire complement of *God.

Col 3:14
Now onover all these put on thelove, whichany is the tie of thematurity.

God bless,

Gary
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.