bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: God's only begotten Son  (Read 14814 times)

DWIGHT

God's only begotten Son
« on: February 18, 2007, 03:31:21 AM »

Hi all,

For many years I have thought about the Father and the Son and their eternal relationship.  The word beget or begotten occurs in both the Old and New testaments many times.  The Greek word is 'monogenes' it means..only born, that is, sole: only (begotten, child), Strongs #3439.  Now we have read and heard this term most of our lives but did we ever really know what it actually meant?  According to Merriam-Webster Collegiate Thesaurus, there are two synonyms to this word beget, and they are: (1) Father and (2) procreate. A deeper meaning goes like this; to sire or bring into life.

Now the question is, if Jesus was sired or brought to life, how can He be eternal?  The Bible says that He is eternal, and yet it also says He was the only begotten Son of the Father...a contradiction?  No!!!!

Brother Ray has taught us so many deep truths, that the other day, Joe said, we could discuss his teachings on the forum for a long time even if he never wrote another paper. 

When the audios from the September conference came out, Ray said something that absoulutley blew me away.  It's the #2 audio about God creating Adam and Eve in His own image.  I have wondered why no one has brought this up before or maybe you have and I just didn't see it, but toward the end of his message he said, "where did His Son come from?"  Now you had to listen to the first part of the audio to know why Ray asked this question. 

Ray shows and proves to us through the scriptures that in creating Adam and Eve in His image that God is both male and female.  Gen. 1:24 "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them."

Then later in Gen. 5:1-2, "This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness (image) of God made he him;
2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them,"  Now, for those of you that are hearing this for the first time, please don't fall off your chair as I almost did.

God created all the different species with a mate except for Adam, and the scripture says, that it is not good for man to be alone; and then God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam then He took one of his ribs and made a woman.  When Adam saw the woman he said, this is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh because she was taken out of man.  Now, when you hear what Adam really says, you'll be shocked.  He looked at the woman and saw that she had something that had belonged to Adam and it was not just a rib.  Remember that God created Adam in His image and His image is both male and female....so what Adam really saw was the female part that he had, and now it was in the woman.  He never created Eve from the dust like he did Adam; He created Eve from Adam because Adam was both male and female, like God.

This revelation that God is both male and female unlocks the mystery of the oneness of the Father and the Son.  Have you ever heard that expression, "you were just a twinkling in your fathers eye?"  Sure you were, because you were always in your father.  Jesus has always been in the Father and the Father is eternal and so is Jesus.  The Father begot Jesus, thus Jesus is the only begotten Son of the Father.  He was in the begining because He was always in the Father.  When Ray blew away the doctrine of the so called trinity, this began to open my eyes to the oneness of the Father and the Son. 

Now the Fathers' desire is to have childern, that's why He told Adam and Eve to be fruitful and to multiply or have children.  This symbol is Christ and the Church.  God and the Son are one, and God and the Son want to be one with us, His children.  Why?  That God may be all.

Brothers and sisters, I hope this helps to open our eyes to His eternal plan for us, I know that Ray only touched upon this because there is so much more to be unveiled that we may not be ready, but I just had to share this because it's been stirred up in me ever since I listened to it.

"That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.
24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.
25 O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me.
26 And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.
Jn. 17:21-26.

The oneness that we share with each other is in the Father and the Son.  Brothers and sisters........we have always been in the Father.  Praise His holy Name.

Your brother,

Dwight

PKnowler

Re: God's only begotten Son
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2007, 12:07:38 PM »

Wow, that interesting Dwight! I've never heard the audios from the September conference. Thanks for sharing this!
I love the last sentence you wrote Brothers and sisters........we have always been in the Father.
That's awesome!

~Paula  :)

Kat

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2007, 02:04:52 PM »

Hi Dwight,

I just listened to that audio the other day  :)
You brought out some very good points.

Now the question is, if Jesus was sired or brought to life, how can He be eternal? 

I was searching and found a few things of Ray's that I think might add to what you have already presented.
Here is an email.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2666.0.html ----------------------

Hi Ray, I Love your straight forward answers to the many carnal questions you must receive on a daily basis. I hope you dont find mine as such.

Question:

In what state of being was Jesus before he came to earth considering that GOD is Spirit and Jesus while on earth was a man just like you and I.

Some where in Johns Gospel Gods word states that Jesus Christ comes to earth in the flesh.

Respectfully,

Louie

Dear Louie:

Jesus was the LORD [Jehovah] God of the Old Testament. He "emptied" Himself is the word used in Phillipians to describe what Jesus did in order to become man, flesh, so that He could DIE.  He has once again been returned to this splender, although he always had the "glory" of God upon Him even in His flesh.  Jesus now possesses with the Father all power in heaven and earth, and all judgment is given unto Him.

God be with you,

Ray
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is an excerpt from Ray's Trinity paper too.  It makes some very good points about how Christ and the Father relate, before He was born on earth.

http://bible-truths.com/trinity.html -----------------------------------------------------

Here is Who and What Jesus Christ is, He is the "one LORD." This is not hard. John 8:5-6 makes the following very clear:

This Scripture tells us that "ALL IS OUT OF" GOD (the FATHER).

And this Scripture tells us that "ALL IS THROUGH" Jesus Christ.

God the Father is the first cause of all and ALL IS OUT GOD, even Jesus Christ is "OUT of God."

"...I [Jesus] came OUT from God. I CAME OUT FROM the FATHER..." (John 16:27-28).

Jesus Christ is not the SUPREME DEITY. Christ is not the originator of all. Christ is "the Lord." He is the Son of God. He is the IMAGE of the invisible God. He is the Mediator,

For there is ONE God, and ONE Mediator OF God and mankind, a MAN Christ Jesus..." (I Tim. 2:5).

As I said before, one cannot be both "of" something or someone and at the same time "be" that something or someone.

Okay then, let’s notice a few very important points. Jesus never came out and said "I AM GOD!" He always called Himself, "The Son OF God." Recall that Jesus did not consider it "pillaging" to be equal with God. That is, he didn’t need to steal, or take His office by FORCE, because His God, the Father, GAVE ALL THINGS TO HIM FREELY! Though Jesus is certainly "God," we must always remember that everything that made Him "God" (like His Father), WAS GIVEN TO HIM!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2007, 06:21:50 PM »

Dwight I am so happy that you have come forward to share what you have seen and that Kat has added to your insights.

I too was stirred by this observation and I have not understood it. It really threw me!   All kinds of questions blew my mind! I was still on the floor and after seeing your thread and reading your post I think I am now seeing some light! Please help me out here...

So...we, the called,  have come out from God through Jesus

John 1 : 1 In the beginning was the Word (Christ) and the Word was with God

...and God draggs us back to Jesus who conforms us to HIS image

Heb 12 : 2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith:

... and when finished....that we may be one in one with Jesus who is in God..... 

Those who are not in judgment now of God's  process (those who are not called now ) of judgment,  will be conformed into the image of Jesus later in the LOF White Throne and then after that God will be ALL in all......

Can you see any flaws in this understanding so far Kat or Dwight?..do you have any re-inforcements either?

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

DWIGHT

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2007, 09:35:42 PM »

Arcturus,

You are right on.  For God to be all, He had to cause all, including the fall of man.  As the Father, He wanted children; His Son was His only begotten, but He wanted children for His glory. They (the children) all came from the creation of Jesus (Jehovah), or out of Jesus.  In the garden, they had no idea what they had, because they had nothing to compare it with, so He made the tree of good and evil.  When they ate it, they died spiritually and so death passed upon all mankind.  Through Christ and the cross, came the sacrifice for all mankind, so that God the Father, through Christ, could reconcile the whole world to Himself and thus be all and all.

Sister, I know that is probably oversimplifying, but some times the clearer the picture, the easier it is to see.  Of course, much is left out, but that is also for a purpose; the types, the alegories, the parables, the signs, and many other things, but it all has to do with the will and purpose of God.

Remember that God the Father is the husbanman, and Christ is the firstfruit, then the chosen are the firstfruits, and then comes the harvest,  It is a perfect picture of Him who is, was and will be.  When Christ, who is from God, will put all under His feet and everthing is subject unto Him, that is, He has purified man in this age and the age to come, then He will deliver up the kingdom to God that God may be all and all.

In the end, the whole universe and all the earth will be God; He will be all and all.

I hope that many others will help us here, because this is just the tip of the iceberg.

God bless,

Dwight

iris

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2007, 10:20:32 PM »

Hi Dwight,

What a great post!
Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Iris

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2007, 02:06:45 AM »

Dwight

Thank you brother.

Your responce does much to help and encourage my faith :

Excerpt from your post  Dwight of 2nd Jan :

And in an instant, Faith and Love were at his side, and all the brothers embraced and prayed with thanksgiving to God that they were together again.  And Love held him and kissed him on the neck and they wept together and all got on their knees thanking God for the vision that He had given to Christian.

"Without a vision, the people perish."
                                                                     Pro. 29:18  .

Your eyes that see Him blesses me with your words that show Him...

Peace to you brother

Joey Porter

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2007, 02:26:09 AM »

I think that is right - Jesus came out from God just as Eve came out from Adam.  He was not created, per se, but He came out from God.  There must be a  difference there, because the scriptures are emphatic in telling us that we are not to worship created things, and yet, Christ is worthy of all worship.

He is The Word - so anything spoken by God - anything that comes out from Him, is Christ.  I suppose the printed words on the pages of our bibles are just a shadow of the True Word.  Paper and ink are nothing.  The bible itself is not the true word of God - it is simply a tool we use to help us understand the true Word of God, who is Christ in us.  And I'm just kind of rambling now...

Kat

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2007, 02:43:08 AM »

Hi Dwight and Arcturus,

This is certainly an interesting topic, I have wondered about this a lot.
These scripture in John 17 give some perspective on this subject.

John 17:22  The glory that You have given Me I have given to them, that they may be one even as We are one,
v. 23  I in them and You in Me, that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that You sent Me and loved them even as You loved Me.
v. 24  Father, I desire that they also, whom You have given Me, may be with Me where I am, to see My glory that You have given Me because You loved me before the foundation of the world.
v. 25  O righteous Father, even though the world does not know You, I know You, and these know that You have sent Me.
v. 26  I made known to them Your name, and I will continue to make it known, that the love with which You have loved Me may be in them, and I in them."

This is saying that Christ is 'one' with Father, the very same in mind and spirit. So this oneness is beginning in us now, but will be completed/perfected at the resurrection. This will evenually be given to all human being, and when all have received salvation, it is then that God will be all in all.

Eph 1:22  And He has put all things under His feet and gave Him to be Head over all things to the church, v. 23 which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.

1Co 15:28  But when all things are subjected to Him, then the Son Himself also will be subject to Him who has subjected all things to Him, so that God may be all things in all.

In the end, the whole universe and all the earth will be God; He will be all and all.

By the whole universe, you mean all being (human and angelic), right?
It is my thinking that God is creating a kind of family out of humanity, to bring them into oneness with/as God (Father and Son).

Col 1:14  in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.
v. 15  He is the image of the invisible God, the Firstborn of all creation.
v. 16  For by Him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities--all things were created through Him and for Him.
v. 17  And He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.
v. 18  And He is the head of the body, the church. He is the beginning, the Firstborn from the dead, that in everything He might be preeminent.
v. 19  For in Him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell,
v. 20  and through Him to reconcile to Himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, making peace by the blood of His cross.

What this scripture say of the Father is, He's invisible (Col. 1:15), but He is Love (John 15:10)... it is from Christ that we have to get most everything we understand about the Father.

John 14:6  Jesus said to Him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
v. 7  If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also. From now on you do know Him and have seen Him."

I believe that the Father is the supreme being (John 14:27), but He is not a man and I think He is a being that the human mind, in it's limitations, just can not comprehind.  
I believe that is why we were given Jesus Christ from Himself, the perfect representative we need, so we could have a being, like us, that we can relate to.

Heb 1:2  in these last days He spoke to us in the Son, whom He appointed heir of all; through whom He indeed made the ages;
v. 3  who being the shining splendor of His glory, and the express image of His essence, and upholding all things by the Word of His power, having made purification of our sins through Himself, He sat down on the right of the Majesty on high. (LITV)

This is how I am coming to see this, at this time anyway.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 01:43:30 PM by Kat »

Robin

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2007, 02:47:55 AM »

Lots to think about here.

When they ate it, they died spiritually and so death passed upon all mankind.

I think Ray wrote or said somewhere that the wages of sin is death and it is physical death and not spiritual death. When someone dies his spirit returns to God who gave it and his body returns to the earth. At the resurrection that same spirit will be put into a new spiritual body. It says that our spirit returns to God who gave it so does that mean that our spirit came out of God?

« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 02:49:40 AM by M.G. »

Alan

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2007, 06:56:51 AM »

Hello everyone,

I only post on rare occasions, but I try and read the posts most of the time.

Anyway, am I missing something here?

I keep reading posts that talks about the Son coming out from the Father, and Him not being the first creation of the Father.
I'm guessing we all remember Rev 3:14, Col 1:15, and Prov 8: 22-31......at least I hope the rest of you do.

Three witnesses of scripture that tells us Christ was the first creation of His Father.
Christ is created and worthy of worship, because he is our Lord and Savior.......He is one with the Father.

Not trying to bust on anyone, but just stating the truth!

Also, I am not aware of any scripture that says Christ was eternal with the Father before the start of creation. If you have that, please post it.
And if you have one or two more, that would be extra special.

It's fun to search for the hidden treasure, as long as it doesn't conflict with the ultimate truth of scripture.

Peace,

Alan

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2007, 11:19:57 AM »

Kat

Thank you for sharing what your insights and what you see. It helps us all see the bigger picture.  8)

Hello MG

You ask : so does that mean that our spirit came out of God?

For me the answer is, Yes. God is a title. Jesus is God and one with God. God the Father is the SOURCE and origin of Christ. Christ is the source and origin of us. All that is is out of the Father even Christ. We are out of all that is given to Christ which is from the Father who has given Christ everything. When we are all conformed to the image of Christ then Christ will return everything back to the Father and HE, the Father will be all in all.  He is not in all at this time. His Spirit is everywhere and there is no where that His Sprit is not. He knows the beginning from the end and the end HE will be all in all….but not until Jesus returns everything back to the Father.

Alan

I think this is where we need to look at that word begotten from above. Jesus was begotten of the Father…part of the Father as is the seed in the Father. The egg was the flesh of Mary into which the seed of God was planted and became man. Christ was always the Son or seed of God. The Spirit of Christ, that is the Holy Sprit begets us and we become the children of God begotten from the seed of Christ. This is our promise and hope within us that is greater than he who is in the world.

This could never happen in the OT. It could only happen after Christ became man and died as the wheat that fell to the ground and produces a harvest. Christ is that seed that died. People are either the harvest or the tare….. the counterfeiter, the imitator or the real thing. For me Mystery Babylon is the tare storehouse in the field of the world that is visited by Jesus who calls out His own.

Christ is the personification of Wisdom that is the Spirit of Gods nature. The Spirit of God is Christ. Christ is God’s Spirit that became man. We become the children of Christ when His Spirit is begotten in us and begins the work of transforming us into the image of our Creator that is Christ. We are the begotten  of Christ and Christ is the begotten of God. There is only one who is the begotten of the Father and that is the pre-eminent and ever first begotten Son of God that is Christ Jesus. There is only one to whom the name Christ applies and that is to the Anointed of God that is Jesus Christ. We are being made into the image of Christ through whom all things to man have come through which all things were given by God to Him Who is Christ.

First the Father then the Son. The Son is not the product of the Fathers Spirit. He is the Fathers Spirit.  There is no Trinity. All creation is the product of the Son who has created all things in heaven and earth. We are a product of God’s Son whose Spirit is at work in us to conform us to His image. ….. grand-kids! …chosen by God, dragged to Christ and changed by Christ to the image of Jesus. That is what God wants because that is who God loves….Jesus and Jesus is the only one who has perfectly pleased His Father and would have us, His creation, do the same!

….anyway… ….that is how I see it right now…….. :-\

Thank you for your insights

Peace to you :)

YellowStone

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2007, 11:44:48 AM »

Allan Asked:
I am not aware of any scripture that says Christ was eternal with the Father before the start of creation. If you have that, please post it.

It's fun to search for the hidden treasure, as long as it doesn't conflict with the ultimate truth of scripture.
[/i]

Hi Allan,

I can certainly provide you with more than two witnesses to the fact that Christ was eternal with God, before the start of Creation.

First let us look at the introduction to John

Jhn 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.   
Jhn 1:2  The same was in the beginning with God.

Paul supports this by staing:
Col 1:15  Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

No where are we told that Christ was "created," rather he was the first born or begooten of God and is the "Word" of John 1:1. He was with God in the beginning
Col 1:17  And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

He came out of God, before the beginning because he was with God in the beginning. :)

And when God say's the following in Genesis:

Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Who exactly was the "us"?

It can be no other than the Word or Christ, and the following Scripture bares wittiness to this:

Col 1:16  For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether [they be] thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

I hope this helps you in your search for truth Allan,

Love in Christ,
Darren
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 11:45:57 AM by YellowStone »

YellowStone

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2007, 11:57:22 AM »

Lots to think about here.

When they ate it, they died spiritually and so death passed upon all mankind.

I think Ray wrote or said somewhere that the wages of sin is death and it is physical death and not spiritual death. When someone dies his spirit returns to God who gave it and his body returns to the earth. At the resurrection that same spirit will be put into a new spiritual body. It says that our spirit returns to God who gave it so does that mean that our spirit came out of God?

Hi  M.G. :)

Yes, our spirit is basically the breath of life, and when we die, it does indeed return to God.

Ecc 12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

The word used for "spirit" is ruwach and we can learn more by looking at it's meaning.

Spirit ( ruwach ) - 7307

Which has the first meaning of "breath" in Strongs dictionary

A further witness to this can be found in Genesis

Gen 6:17  And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein [is] the breath of life, from under heaven; [and] every thing that [is] in the earth shall die.

I hiope this helps,

Love in Christ,
Darren

Alan

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2007, 03:25:55 PM »

Allan Asked:
I am not aware of any scripture that says Christ was eternal with the Father before the start of creation. If you have that, please post it.

[/i]

Hi Allan,

I can certainly provide you with more than two witnesses to the fact that Christ was eternal with God, before the start of Creation.

First let us look at the introduction to John

Jhn 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.   

Paul supports this by staing:
Col 1:15  Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

No where are we told that Christ was "created," rather he was the first born or begooten of God and is the "Word" of John 1:1. He was with God in the beginning

He came out of God, before the beginning because he was with God in the beginning. :)

And when God say's the following in Genesis:

Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Who exactly was the "us"?

It can be no other than the Word or Christ, and the following Scripture bares wittiness to this:

Col 1:16  For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether [they be] thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

I hope this helps you in your search for truth Allan,

Love in Christ,
Darren

Darren,

I see what you are trying to say, but respectfully......I disagree!

You use the scripture from John 1. "In the beginning was the Word....etc.....

This is the same beginning as Genesis 1. "In the beginning, God (Christ) created the heavens and the earth"
Jesus is The God of the Old Testament.

The Father has no beginning!

The verse in Colossians states that Christ is the firstborn of creation. I think this is pretty straightforward.

The US of Gen 1:26 is The Father and the Son. The Father created His Son, gave Him power over everything, and He proceeded
to create everything we know as creation! Everything is by the Father, and done through His Son!

Rom
1:20   For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Just as Eve was created out of Adam, so was the Son created out of the Father.

I hope this helps your understanding. Ray will tell you the same thing.

Alan

YellowStone

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2007, 04:25:08 PM »

Allan,

Thanks very much for your comment. :)

Your original question was:

Also, I am not aware of any scripture that says Christ was eternal with the Father before the start of creation. If you have that, please post it. And if you have one or two more, that would be extra special.

You also state:  :)

The Father has no beginning! 

Which of course is totally true!! :)

Rev 1:7  Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they [also] which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

Rev 1:8  I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

But who was talking here? Was it not Jesus Christ giving his testimony? Is it not He who is to come?

Does this not state that "in" the beginning, the Word was with God?

In the beginning of what?

Well Paul said the following:

So if the begining means of all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether [they be] thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers (Col 1:16)

Then this surely means that: "Christ was eternal with the Father before the start of creation"

If this is not true, then please give me Scriptual proof that God created Christ on the first day of creation.

There is no mention of that:

Gen 1:1  In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Gen 1:2  And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness [was] upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Gen 1:3  And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

Gen 1:4  And God saw the light, that [it was] good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

Gen 1:5  And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

Remember that: "For by him were all things created" - Col 1:16

That God, created Christ (Jehovah) is a given, but there is no Scriptual proof to my knowledge that ever states when. We simply do not know; however, the Scriptures do say on this matter:

Jhn 1:1 [b]In the beginning was the Word[/b], and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.    

Rev 1:8  I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. (This Christ giving his Revelation)

Whether God created Christ a 1,000,000,000,000,000th of a nano second after he was, or 1,000,000,000,000,000 light yrs later (Christ  created light) :) Is I feel irrelevant, for He either was with God in the begiinng before creation or he was not. :)

Alan, respectively, please provide two or Scriptures to prove what I have stated here is incorrect.

Of course this invitation extends to everyone, for if I am wrong, I need to know. :)

Love in Christ,
Darren
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 04:26:42 PM by YellowStone »

Robin

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2007, 05:03:11 PM »

Hi Darren,

I'm finding this a little confusing.

I think you are saying that you agree that Christ was created at some point. The word eternal is causing some confusion for me in these posts. Are we talking about an age or never having a beginning?

Robin

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2007, 05:10:17 PM »

...and if I understand Dwight's post he is saying that Christ is eternal (never having a beginning) because he was always in the Father and came out of the Father?

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2007, 05:12:55 PM »

The Myth of the Trinity is an outstanding study by Ray that pulls out the truth from a deluge of contradictions, illusions and nonsence. Although it may not directly relate to what we are discussing here it does have a bearing on the revelations as to the relationship of Christ to God.

Ray points out that Jesus is not the Son of the Holy Spirit of God. He is the Son of God.

What really nailed it for me was the revelation Ray offers in this message that makes me believe that Christ is the Spirit of God that grew Jesus into the stature and height that was presented as the spotless Lamb and sin offering sacrificed for us by God Himself.

Excerpts from : Is God a Closed TRINITY or an Open FAMILY?
[A Scriptural Refutation of the Trinity Theory]

"IN THAT DAY [the day when the comforter comes] you shall know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I IN YOU" (Jn 14:20).

"Now the consoler [comforter], THE HOLY SPIRIT, which the Father will be sending IN MY NAME, that will be teaching you all, and reminding you of all that I said to you" (Jn 14:26).

"I am going, and I AM COMING TO YOU" (Jn. 14:27).

JESUS CHRIST BY MEANS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD WHICH HIS FATHER GAVE TO HIM IS THE COMFORTER. THE GREEK PROVES THAT CHRIST IS THE COMFORTER!

In the Greek, the "comforter" or consoler is translated from parakleetos. Now, is there any Scriptural proof that Jesus Christ is called "parakleetos?" Yes there is. In I John 2:1 we read:

"And if anyone should be sinning, we have an Entreater with the Father, Jesus Christ, the Just."

In the King James it says we have an "advocate" [with a small "a"]. King James ALWAYS capitalizes the Greek word "parakleetos," so why don’t they capitalize it here? You see, "advocate" or a better translation "Entreater" is translated from the GREEK WORD "parakleetos!"

HERE IS PROOF POSITIVE THAT JESUS CHRIST IS THE "PARAKLEETOS!"

This whole study is worth reading over and over again "until we all attain oneness in the faith and in the comprehension of the full and accurate knowledge of the Son of God..." Eph 4 : 12.....and this of course includes me as I share in  your desire to come to know the Truth.

I do know that there are volumes of information on words and meaning in words like create, created, born, begat, eternal imortal and seeking, studying, praying, pondering and reflecting are simply Gods plan that through His Spirit will open all things to us all in His precious way and time.

Peace to you

YellowStone

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2007, 05:48:55 PM »

Hi Darren,

I'm finding this a little confusing.

I think you are saying that you agree that Christ was created at some point. The word eternal is causing some confusion for me in these posts. Are we talking about an age or never having a beginning?

M.G. It is all pretty confusing :)

I like what Dwight say's, which you commented on. "...and if I understand Dwight's post he is saying that Christ is eternal (never having a beginning) because he was always in the Father and came out of the Father?"

I believe the Scriptures I posted supports this.

Of course I might be wrong and if I am then please forgive me.

Love,
Darren
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 20 queries.