bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: People Are Not Anhilated In the LoF  (Read 5621 times)

Origen II

People Are Not Anhilated In the LoF
« on: April 08, 2006, 08:04:45 PM »

Hebrews 9:27

And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment,

So simple :P

bowlbyx

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2006, 02:57:30 AM »

its amazing to me, that i have read that so many times and I never seen it.  Thanks!  I will use it!

david

zander

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2006, 07:13:04 PM »

Not to be confused of course with

Rev: 20:14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death

love_magnified

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2006, 08:24:12 PM »

When speaking of the second death to eternal torment theologists and believers you can easily establish that the second death is spiritual. They don't believe it is annihilation but separation. Now that you both understand it is a spiritual death, you can rightly define the second death to them:

Romans 6
If we have been united with him like this in his death, we will certainly also be united with him in his resurrection. For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin— because anyone who has died has been freed from sin.

Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him. For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, he cannot die again; death no longer has mastery over him. The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God.

Paul died twice. You died twice. Everyone will die two times, some now, who won't be hurt of it later. Some endure God's judgement today. Most likely they will roll their eyes and say you are just taking it out of context and blah blah. But the seed is planted for a WHOLE LOT of other scriptural reasons the lake of fire is a good thing for humanity.

love_magnified

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2006, 08:28:13 PM »

Quote from: zander
Not to be confused of course with

Rev: 20:14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death

Very true. This is one reason some interpret it as destruction, or annihilation. I have recently understood the lake of fire to be an exposure, or a light shined on something. That might have a different effect for different things. For death and the grave, since death has been destroyed, it will reveal how much power Christ has over both making them both moot. For men it reveals our works (makes them manifest - 1 Corinthians 3) so that they will be saved through that humbling experience.

bowlbyx

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2006, 10:54:35 PM »

these are all great.  thanks for posting these.  these all help me in my understanding.  

david

ps i love this forum

worm

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2006, 07:38:59 AM »

Amen to all posts! :D  8)

our God is "a consuming fire"...and He Himself will be "the Lake of Fire" to purge ALL from flesh (sin) into Spirit (sinless)

1Co 3:13
Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

1Co 3:15
If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Heb 12:29
For our God is a consuming fire.

Re 3:18
I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

While looking up these verses I realised something...believers of ET many times refer to the verse below to "prove" that "hell is real"....

Mr 9:48
Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

what I just realised is this:
what do worms eat? they eat flesh
who is the fire? God is the fire

so...in the Lake of Fire all not destined for the first resurrection will be stripped of all fleshy things (ie sin) by the purification process of the Fire, which is our God 8) the unsavioury works will be burnt...but the man will be saved!

Halleluja! Amen!

Phazel

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2006, 01:32:59 PM »

Great stuff,   Anyone get goosebumps besides me after reading this!!!!

rocky

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2006, 04:20:42 PM »

Quote from: worm
Amen to all posts! :D  8)

our God is "a consuming fire"...and He Himself will be "the Lake of Fire" to purge ALL from flesh (sin) into Spirit (sinless)

1Co 3:13
Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

1Co 3:15
If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Heb 12:29
For our God is a consuming fire.

Re 3:18
I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

While looking up these verses I realised something...believers of ET many times refer to the verse below to "prove" that "hell is real"....

Mr 9:48
Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

what I just realised is this:
what do worms eat? they eat flesh
who is the fire? God is the fire

so...in the Lake of Fire all not destined for the first resurrection will be stripped of all fleshy things (ie sin) by the purification process of the Fire, which is our God 8) the unsavioury works will be burnt...but the man will be saved!

Halleluja! Amen!

I love reading how Christ cast out demons during his earthly ministry, and what was left??  A new man.  All of our demons will be cast out.  

When he cast the demons into the herd of pigs, where did they end up?  in a lake. :idea:

Also interesting how in this same story, the demons cried out to Christ, "are you here to torment us" :idea:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 20 queries.