bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Are there prophets today?, and other questions about prophets  (Read 9023 times)

rrammfcitktturjsp

Are there prophets today?, and other questions about prophets
« on: February 18, 2007, 09:23:16 PM »

To All,

I found this in the e-mail section and wanted to comment on it.

"ALKING ABOUT MR. HAGEE. EVERYONE MAKES MISTAKES WHEN TRYING TO PREACH THE WORD OF GOD TO MILLIONS OF PEOPLE.ITS SAYS IN KJB THAT YOU SHOULD GO OUT IN THE WORLD AND BRING PEOPLE CLOSER TO GOD. SORRY THATS NOT  EXACTLY WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS BUT YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN RIGHT. I THINK HES  DOING A GREAT JOB. I BET GOD IS EXTREMELY HAPPY WITH PASTOR HAGEE WOULDN'T YOU BELIEVE? WHEN I READ YOUR ARTICLE ABOUT HAGEE I QUICKLY HAD FEELINGS ABOUT YOUR CRITICIZISM. I THINK YOU SHOULD DEFINITLY REPENT IF YOU HONESTLY BELIEVE IN THE LORD. HE IS AN EVANGILIST WHO BROUGHT ME CLOSER TO GOD THAN I HAVE EVER BEEN. I DONT EVEN GO TO HIS CHURCH .I DONT WANT TO CRITICIZE YOU BUT HOW DO YOU KNOW SO MUCH ABOUT CHRISTIANITY WERE YOU BACK THEN WHEN JESUS WAS ALIVE. DOES GOD WANT YOU TO KNOW ALL THE ANSWERS. HAVE YOU ASK YOURSELF THAT? ARE YOU ON SATILITE AROUND THE WORLD TRYING YOUR BEST TO SPREAD THE WORD OF GOD SINCE YOU KNOW SO MUCH. WOULD YOU CONSIDER YOUR SELF AN EVANGELIST. OPEN YOUR MIND UP TO GOD AND HIS WORD. WHAT IS YOUR CONGREGATION NUMBER. I THINK HE'S A TRUE PROPHET OF OUR TRUE GOD.AMEN! I PRAY FOR YOU AND FOR ALL THE EVANGELIST TO KEEP PRAYING AND TEACHING ESPECIALLY ONE OF THE GREATEST , PASTOR JOHN HAGEE!

THANKS FOR READING,
                                                                                                         BRANDON"

Wow, if John Hagee is a a true prophet of God, I am really scared but it got me to thinking.

I know that to discern a prophet of God we have to test the spirits.  I guess what I am saying is how do we test the spirits to see if a man or woman is a prophet of God?  Are prohopets of God a thing of the biblical age or are there prophets still today?  Now, if Ray wrote some papers over this, I am unaware of them.  Please share.

Thanks guys.  This e-mail just got me to wondering things.  I know that the answer may be simple or complex, but thanks for taking the time out and answering these questions if you go answer them.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

YellowStone

Re: Are there prophets today?, and other questions about prophets
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 12:19:10 AM »

Anne wrote:

Wow, if John Hagee is a a true prophet of God, I am really scared but it got me to thinking.

I know that to discern a prophet of God we have to test the spirits.  I guess what I am saying is how do we test the spirits to see if a man or woman is a prophet of God?  Are prohopets of God a thing of the biblical age or are there prophets still today?  Now, if Ray wrote some papers over this, I am unaware of them.  Please share.

Thanks guys.  This e-mail just got me to wondering things.  I know that the answer may be simple or complex, but thanks for taking the time out and answering these questions if you go answer them.

Great question and observation Anne :)

There are of course many I am sure who "believe" that they are prophets of God; but what exactly is a prohet?

According to Strongs a prophet is:

Prophet (prophetes) [4396]

1) in Greek writings, an interpreter of oracles or of other hidden things

2) one who, moved by the Spirit of God and hence his organ or spokesman, s
    olemnly declares to men what he has received by inspiration,
    especially concerning future events, and in particular such as relate to the
    cause and kingdom of God and to human salvation

a) the OT prophets, having foretold the kingdom, deeds and death, of Jesus the Messiah.
    b) of John the Baptist, the herald of Jesus the Messiah
    c) of the illustrious prophet, the Jews expected before the advent of the Messiah
    d) the Messiah
    e) of men filled with the Spirit of God, who by God's authority and command in words
        of weight pleads the cause of God and urges salvation of men
    f) of prophets that appeared in the apostolic age among Christians

1) they are associated with the apostles
       2) they discerned and did what is best for the Christian cause, foretelling
           certain future events. (Acts 11:27)
       3) in the religious assemblies of the Christians, they were moved by the Holy Spirit to speak,
           having power to instruct, comfort, encourage, rebuke, convict, and stimulate, their hearers

3) a poet (because poets were believed to sing under divine inspiration)
    a) of Epimenides (Tit. 1:12)

Not sure f John Hagee fits any of the above. For that matter, I know of no person who fits the above discription. I do not consider Ray a prophet, though some might argue with me on this. Ray has a wonderful way of fueling his interpretation with easy to understand Scripture. Ray does not urge the salvation of any m man, knowing full well that God will take care of his own. :)

Just my thoughts,

Much love to you my sister in Christ,
Darren

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 12:26:47 AM »

Darren,

Thanks for answering and defining the definition of a prophet?  Got another question for you, are we considered to be in the Apostolic Age, or did that age come to an end when the last of the apostles died?

Hmmm, got another idea for another thread.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

DWIGHT

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 01:05:30 AM »

Hi Anne,

I think Darren's correct.  In the Old Testament God told Moses that if a prophet's words came true then he would be a true prophet, but if they didn't come true then he was not a prophet and should be stoned to death.

I would say that in today's world, we have many false prophets.  A prophet is also someone who tells the truth of the Word of God, but most today do not tell the truth because they are blind guides. In Matt. 24:11 Jesus says, "And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many."  Deception is a sign of a false prophet. Then Jesus says in verse 24, "For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect."  How many preachers and so called self-appointed prophets do great sings and wonders (just watch TBN) and are deceiving millions in Christianity.

If there are any true prophets today, there would be only a very few.  I believe that Ray would be included in the few; but that's just my opinion.

Concerning your question on the Apostolic Age...this is just another one of Christianity's made up doctrines that has absoluteley nothing to with the scriptures and leads to endless emtpy babblings as Paul calls it.  I hope this helps Anne...God bless you, and thanks for being a blessing to all us. :)

Your brother,

Dwight

YellowStone

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2007, 01:25:33 AM »

Dwight wrote:

If there are any true prophets today, there would be only a very few.  I believe that Ray would be included in the few; but that 's just my opinion.
[/color]

I agree Dwight, if there are indeed any true prophets waking the Earth, Ray would definatly be one of them :)

Love in Christ,
Darren

Joey Porter

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2007, 01:59:38 AM »

I have a little different take on what it would mean to be a prophet.  I think we could all be "prophets."  By the word prophet, I don't mean someone who gets a vision or hears a voice that says to give a message to the masses.  I think anytime God, by His spirit, reveals something to us in scripture, some spiritual meaning that goes deeper than the literal meaning of the written letter - when we share these things with one another, we are ''prophesying.'' 

I wouldn't totally rule out the idea that God, if He so wishes, may still choose to use OT type of "Thus sayeth the Lord"  prophets in our day and time, but I don't know of any, and I would be very wary of believing anyone who claims to have been given some type of revelation or message from God to proclaim to His people.

Redbird

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2007, 08:04:48 AM »

I tend to think, with sooooo many false prophets out there, surely there are some true ones. And remember,  "A prophet is not without honor, except in his own country and house".  Jesus also said " He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet's reward."

Peace, Lisa
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 08:18:28 AM by Redbird »

rvhill

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2007, 01:53:55 PM »

I  have no problem with people saying that MR. HAGEE, Ray or any other person is a prophet of God. I have read the bible and therefore do not have a high opinion of prophets.

Abraham caused the whole Islam mess. he also laughed at God.

Moses could not inter the holy land because of his sins.

David killed ten of thousands  had many wives, and the  part about adultery  and killing of the 100.

Solomon had way to many women and was a idolator. The star of Moloch is on the flag of Israel to this day , because of  Solomon idolatry.

Here is what Jesus had to say about the prophets.

Matthew 11:11 I tell you the truth: Among those born of women there has not risen anyone greater than John the Baptist; yet he who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

Matthew 5:19:
19Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

and this

John 10:7Therefore Jesus said again, "I tell you the truth, I am the gate for the sheep. 8All who ever came before me were thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not listen to them. 9I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved.[a] He will come in and go out, and find pasture. 10The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 01:54:58 PM by rvhill »

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2007, 02:09:58 PM »

rvhill,

Very interesting and a paradigm shift to consider the other side.  Thanks so much for presenting the other side of the coin.  Definitely much to think on with all these replies.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

rvhill

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2007, 02:16:58 PM »

rvhill,

Very interesting and a paradigm shift to consider the other side.  Thanks so much for presenting the other side of the coin.  Definitely much to think on with all these replies.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

In truth I do have a problem with people calling other people prophets, because in their hearts they don't mean prophets.  Most people who call other people prophets really mean they think that person is the word of God, Jesus.  It is idolatry of the worse kind.

Kat

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2007, 02:20:27 PM »

1Cor 14:37  If anyone thinks to be a prophet 4396, or a spiritual one, let him recognize the things I write to you, that they are a commandment of the Lord.

G4396
prophētēs
by analogy an inspired speaker; by extension a poet: - prophet.

2Pe 2:1  But false prophets - 5578 also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers - 5572 among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction.
v. 2  And many will follow their sensuality, and because of them the way of truth will be blasphemed.

G5578
pseudoprophētēs
a spurious prophet, that is, pretended foreteller or religious impostor: - false prophet.

G5572
pseudodidaskalos
a spurious teacher, that is, propagator of erroneous Christian doctrine: - false teacher.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2007, 02:24:18 PM »

Kat,

Thanks.  So I guess the only way to test these self-aclaimed prophets that are false prophets are to take what they say and measure it with the standard of God's word? 

How can one who is yet still unfamilir with the Word of God, still test the spirits, becuase I am concerned that I do not have recourse until I know all of the Word of God?  Does this make sense?  I am still in Part 1 of LOF series.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Kat

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2007, 08:02:31 PM »

Hi Anne,

I know what you mean, if you do not know all the scripture, how can you know if someone is a false teacher?
I don't think you have to know all the scripture to have an understanding of the what the scripture teach. 
Ray has an article, 'Twelve Truths to Understanding His Word,' that would help you here.
I am bringing an excerpt from each truth over from the article, so you can get a bit of what he teaches in it.

http://bible-truths.com/twelve.htm --------------------------------------

TRUTH NUMBER 1

[A] "And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the Last Adam [Jesus Christ] was made a quickening spirit. Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is NATURAL; and afterward that which is SPIRITUAL" (I Cor. 15:45-46).

"It is sown [first] a NATURAL BODY [a physical body which dies]; it is raised [afterward] a SPIRITUAL BODY [which is made immortal and never dies]…" (I Cor. 15:44).

[C] "Who shall change our [first] VILE BODY, that it may be fashioned like unto His [afterward] GLORIOUS BODY…" (Phil. 3:21).

[D] "If I have told you EARTHLY things [first], and you believe not, how shall you believe, if I tell you of HEAVENLY [spiritual] things [afterward]?" (John 3:12).

The sequence of God’s plan of salvation for mankind is most important—First is the physical and then comes the spiritual.

TRUTH NUMBER 2

[A] "All these things spoke Jesus unto the multitude in PARABLES; and without a parable spoke He not unto them" (Matt. 13:34).

"But without a PARABLE spoke He not unto them…" (Mark 4:34).

[C] "This PARABLE spoke Jesus unto them: but they understood not what things they were which He spoke unto them" (John 10:6).

Jesus taught in parables only, and no one understood His parables, hence Jesus taught in a way that He knew no one would understand His message. This truth of Scripture is so revolutionary to the minds of most Christians that many will think it blasphemy, and yet the Scriptures abound with statements that fully support it.

TRUTH NUMBER 3

[A] "Therefore speak I to them in parables, because they seeing SEE NOT: and hearing they HEAR NOT, NEITHER DO THEY UNDERSTAND" (Matt. 13:13).

"How is it that you [disciples] DO NOT UNDERSTAND…" (Matt. 16:11).

[C] "But they [the disciples] UNDERSTOOD NOT this saying, and it was HID from them…" (Luke 9:45).

What was it that Christ’s disciples and apostles understood not? Surely they understood His spiritual teachings, did they not? What is it that they "…understood NOT" about Jesus’ sayings? Truth number 3 will reveal this shocking truth to us.

Until you concede in your heart that neither the parables nor the interpretation of the parables are literal, you will know no more of the plan of God and the Gospel of Jesus Christ than the Apostles did before they were converted and had God’s Holy Spirit.

TRUTH NUMBER 4

[A] "Inasmuch as ye [all you] have done it unto one of the least of these My BRETHREN, ye have done it unto ME… Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these [My brethren], ye did it not to ME" (Matt. 26:40b & 45b).

"And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, He expounded unto them in all the Scriptures the things concerning HIMSELF" (Luke 24:27).

[C] "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to FULFILL" (Matt. 5:17).

[D] "I was daily with you in the temple teaching, and ye took Me not: but the Scriptures MUST BE FULFILLED" (mark 14:49).

[E] "After this, Jesus knowing that ALL THINGS were now accomplished, that the Scripture might be FULFILLED, said, I thirst" (John 19:28).

[F] "Therefore we are buried with Him by baptism into DEATH: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so WE also should walk in newness of life… I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ LIVES IN ME: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, Who loved me, and gave Himself for me" (Rom. 6:4 & Gal. 2:20).

[G] "Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted Me, they will persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also… Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as He [Jesus] IS, SO ARE WE IN THE WORLD…" (John 15:20 & I John 4:17).

Contained in these few Scriptures is the reason why the Church has not a clue as to what the plan and purpose of God is, or how the Scriptures are applied to the working out of that purpose. How did Jesus "fulfill" the Scriptures? By fulfilling the 44 Scriptures listed in the back of Strong’s Concordance concerning the coming Messiah? Forty-four Scriptures only? Those 44 Scriptures are truly, not even the tip of the iceberg.

TRUTH NUMBER 5

[A] "It is the spirit that quickens [gives life]; the flesh profits nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are SPIRIT, and they are life" (John 6:63).

"But this spoke He of the SPIRIT…" (John 7:39).

[C] "And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the SPIRIT which IS the word of God" ( Eph. 6:17).

Everything from Genesis to Revelation pertains to a higher SPIRITUAL meaning than the physical examples, parables, metaphors, allegories, stories and symbols in which they are written. "Let us make man in Our Image" (Gen. 1:26) are words of SPIRIT: "…Surely I come quickly…" (Rev. 22:20) are words of SPIRIT. God does not look like a six-foot man or a five-foot woman. Jesus comes quickly to us, not to the world.

TRUTH NUMBER 6

[A] "…that in the mouth of TWO OR THREE WITNESSES every word may be established" (Matt. 18:16).

"…In the mouth of TWO OR THREE WITNESSES shall every word be established" (II Cor. 13:1).

[C] "And I will give power unto my TWO WITNESSES…" (Rev. 11:3).

This particular law of Scripture is constantly violated. We are to have at least a second witness to establish a Scriptural truth or doctrine.

TRUTH NUMBER 7

[A] "Which things also we speak, not in the words which man’s wisdom teaches, but which the Holy Spirit teaches; COMPARING [or ‘matching’] SPIRITUAL THINGS WITH SPIRITUAL" (I Cor. 2:13).

"And to this AGREE the words of the prophets; as it is written…" (Acts 15:15).

[C] "These [Bereans]… searched the Scriptures daily, whether those things were SO [Gk: ‘in this way,’ ‘like’] (Acts 17:11).

[D] "AS You have sent Me into the world, EVEN SO have I sent them into the world" (John 17:18, and many, many other such comparisons).

The purpose for comparing spiritual with spiritual is to find a spiritual match. There is a spiritual match for every symbol in the book of Revelation. This is a powerful truth that will open the whole Bible to us.

TRUTH NUMBER 8

[A] "Now ALL these things happened unto them for examples: and they are written for OUR ADMONITION [to reprove, caution, warn, remind of obligation or duty, etc.], upon whom the ends of the world [‘eons—ages’] are come" (I Cor. 10:11).

"Now these things were OUR EXAMPLES, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted" (I Cor. 10:6).

[C] "For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for OUR LEARNING…" (Rom. 15:4).

It is essential that we study the Old Testament Scriptures, for they are often the only key to the New Testament Scriptures. Paul used the Hebrew Scriptures to teach the foolish Galatians the New Covenant promises.

TRUTH NUMBER 9

[A] "Knowing this first, that no prophecy [inspired writing or speaking] of the Scripture is of any private [Gk: ‘its OWN’] interpretation" (II Pet. 1:20).

"To understand a proverb, AND THE INTERPRETATION [or ‘puzzle’—the proverb itself is not also the interpretation]…" (Prov. 1:6).

[C] "Are you able to make known unto me THE DREAM which I have seen, AND THE INTERPRETATION thereof [the dream does not interpret itself]?" (Dan. 2:26).

"Own" is a little closer to the Greek in this verse than is the word "private." A few examples of how the Greek word, idios, is used in other Scriptures will show this more clearly. In a few cases it should be translated "private," as in, "…the disciples came unto Him privately" (Matt. 24:3). But more than 70 times it is translated "own" as in:

Matt. 9:1 "…and came into his own city [Gk: idios—not ‘private’ city]."

TRUTH NUMBER 10

[A] "ALL is of God…" (II Cor. 5:18). The word "things" is not in the manuscripts.

"For of Him, and through Him, and to Him, are all things…" [Greek: ‘For out of Him, and through Him, and for Him, is ALL’—there is no word ‘things’]" (Rom. 11:36).

[C] "For it became Him, for Whom are ALL things, and by Whom are ALL things… [Greek: ‘For it became Him, because of Whom ALL is and through Whom ALL is…’—no ‘things’]" (Heb. 2:10).

[D] "For by Him were ALL things created… ALL things were created by Him and for Him: and He is before ALL things AND BY Him, ALL things consist [Gk: ‘hold together’]" (Col. 1:16).

[E] "For in Him we live, and move, and have our being [Gk: ‘exist’—that’s our ALL]" (Acts 17:28).

[F] "…the purpose of Him Who works ALL things after the counsel of His Own will" (Eph. 1:11).

Few Christians indeed believe this Truth. First they will insist that I took that phrase out of context. Let us see if that is true:

TRUTH NUMBER 11

"Grace be into you, and peace, from Him which IS and which WAS, and which IS TO COME…" (Rev. 1:4).

"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, says the Lord, which IS, and which WAS, and which IS TO COME, THE almighty" (Rev. 1:08).

"Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which WAS, and IS, and IS TO COME" (Rev. 4:08).

"Jesus Christ the same YESTERDAY, and TODAY, and FOR EVER" (Hebrews 13:08).

When God wants to emphasis something, He repeats it. When He really wants to emphasize something, He repeats it again. When He really, really, really wants to emphasize something, He repeats it multiple times. Let’s count the times God uses this phrase:

TRUTH NUMBER 12

"If any man will DO His will, he shall KNOW of [concerning] the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of Myself" (John 7:17).

"But he that does truth [Gk: ‘is DOING the truth’] comes to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they [his ‘doings’] are wrought in God" (John 3:21).

"For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that you might be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding: That you might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God" (Col. 1:9-10).

"My son, if you will receive my words, and hide [‘treasure’] My commandments with you… Then shall you understand the fear of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God. For the Lord gives wisdom: out of His mouth comes knowledge and understanding" (Prov. 2:1, 5-6).

"And we know that the Son of God is come, and has given us an understanding, that we may know Him that is True, even in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the True God, and eternal [eonian] life. Little children, keep yourselves from idols" (I John 5:20-21).

"And he that received seed into the good ground is he that hears the word, and understands it, which also bears fruit…" (Matt. 13:23).

"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endures for ever [the eon]" (Psalm 111:10).

I have thus far presented you with hundreds of Scriptures. Do you agree with them? Do you believe them? Are you willing to DO THEM? Whenever God and our Saviour speak to us, we are to BELIEVE AND OBEY. All who have ever attempted to circumvent these spiritual truths learned were not taught of God,

"…but vain were they made in their reasonings and darkened is their unintelligent heart. Alleging themselves to be wise, they are made stupid…" (Rom. 1:21-22, Concordant Literal New Testament).

Every single person I know that has stopped growing, spiritually, begins to go backwards, loosing what light they may have possessed because they are no longer faithful to the Word and commandments of Almighty God.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope this will help you  :)

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 08:38:43 PM by Kat »

YellowStone

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2007, 08:11:44 PM »

Kat :)

Have you any idea how much you bring to this forum?

Your love and commitment to the Truth and your spiritual family never goes unoticed! God is clearly working through you

Many Thanks,

Brotherly Love in Christ,
Darren

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2007, 08:17:27 PM »

Kat,

Thanks so much.  I thought that you had to know all Scripture to post something or have read all of Ray's papers.  I have to say that I did feel ashamed in the fact that I do not know all of Scripture.  Thanks so much for helping me.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Kirk

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2007, 01:58:16 AM »

When Eldad and Medad (sp?) were prophesying outside the camp, they were criticized by the general population.  I believe it was Moses who said, "Oh, that all God's people would prophesy!"

It is because of unbelief that we have few overt prophets in the church today.  If Balaam's donkey
could prophesy (be a spokesman for God,) then any human could, or can...if he or she wanted or
believed so.

The Bible says there is a five-fold ministry of apostles, prophets, evangelists, shepherds, and teachers.  Believers take that as  fact. 

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2007, 04:31:58 AM »

To add to Kat’s observation : G5572
pseudodidaskalos
a spurious teacher, that is, propagator of erroneous Christian doctrine: - false teacher.

The following might help in how to recognise a  false teacher:

From 1 Timothy 6 the verse referrals follow:

False teachers are guilty of the following:

Rebellion against the truth vs 3
Pride – inflated and puffed up vs 4
Ignorance of truth vs 4
Doting (Greet noseo = sick) over questions of Law vs 4
Debating’s – splitting hairs and pitting factions against others vs 4
Envyings – sour tempers vs 4
Strife’s over doctrines vs 4
Perverse and vain arguments rejecting the truth because of corrupt minds vs 5
Being destitute of truth but rich in fallacies and doctrines of emotions vs 5; 4:1
Seeking personal gain, approval, agreement, a following vs 5
Railings – evil speakings vs 4
Evil surmisings – suspicions vs 4

If we hold up this Spiritual litmus test against Ray NON OF IT STICKS! The ONLY other place to hold it up is against our selves taking the beam out of our own eyes!

Here is another litmus test :  :D
From Romans 16.

This might help in knowing what ten marks there are of False Teachers: :D

They cause divisions among Christians vs 17. You can also cross reference this with Phil 3 : 17
False teachers cause offences against the truth vs 17
They do not serve God vs 17-18
They serve their belly, vs 18 and also Phil 3 : 19
They use slick tongues to deceive vs 18
They are enemies of the cross Phil 3 : 18
They walk contrary to the gospel Phil 3 : 17
They mind earthly things Phil 3 : 19
They introduce heresies 2 Peter 2 : 1, Matt 7 : 15  1John 4 : 1

You can always detect true leaders from the false by their fruit, their godliness, unselfishness and faithfulness vs 19…..Hi Kat….I know this one sticks to you!…true unselfish leader that is godly and faith filled!….

So Anne, you do not need to be a theologian to be here. :D

I see you as a little lamb of God Anne!

Peace to you

Enjoy!

Arcturus

PS Our work is to believe.  ;D

« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 04:37:22 AM by Arcturus »

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2007, 09:43:51 AM »

Arcturus,

Thanks so much in posting your post.  These are litmus tests indeed.  I believe I know what everything is listed, I was not aware that a list existed in the bible, but I knew it said to test the spirits.  It is like I have been given the false prophet detector, and I feel much better.

I really appreciated it.

:) :)

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2007, 03:57:14 PM »

Hello Anne

Your gratitude to and for the litmus is heart warming!

I hope that you may never get eaten by a wolf. >:(

Peace to you little one!

Arcturus :)

snorky

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2007, 06:24:38 PM »

Hagee a "prophet"? A "profit" yes, a "prophet" no; however, he does do some good works from time to time. Anyway, I've never heard him prophesy anything. But I will admit he went a long way toward (inadvertently for him I'm sure) leading me to seek the truth...I was investigating his (and Falwell's and Robertson's and other religious right folks) funding sources when I came upon a link to Ray's Bible Truths site!--Deb aka snorky
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 21 queries.