bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Ages of the Church so to speak?  (Read 5109 times)

rrammfcitktturjsp

The Ages of the Church so to speak?
« on: February 19, 2007, 12:29:05 AM »

To All,

I have heard that the letters of the 7 Churches in Revelation can also be applied to the 7 ages of the Church?  I now know that we are out of the "Church" so to speak, so does Ray write anything on this topic?  What are your thoughts?

Were those letters written to the 7 churches just for them?  Or is there a spiritual principle that is behind them?

I got this idea from another topic that I started that Darren responded to.  I guess, I am finally getting courageous to post my questions in here.

Thanks guys and gals for reading this post and responding to it, if you feel led to it.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

P.S. - I guess I am in a deep mood tonight.

ACM

DWIGHT

Re: The Ages of the Church so to speak?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 01:39:19 AM »

Hi Anne,

Ray talks about this in, "Where is the Chruch that Jesus built,?" part Vlll of the LOF series.  The seven" ages of the church," is another myth of Christianity.  This is called dispensationalism by Christianity.  What they try and do is divide the bible into seven different eras of history to explain their interpetation.  Then they try to tell us that in the last two thousand years since Pentecost, that each of the churches of Revelation represents a different period of time and that we are now living in the time of the church of the Laodiceans where we are lukewarm. 

The letters are not just for them, but for all us and each letter has a spiritual significance....read what Ray has to say because it is quite lengthy but an eye opener for sure.

In Him,

Dwight

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 01:43:35 AM »

Dwight,

Good to know.  I will then be reading it soon.  I have started the LOF and am stuck in part 1.  So bear with me.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Mickyd

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 07:55:21 AM »

I have a good question also....which one of the 7 churches did Paul belong to?

Chris R

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2007, 09:19:13 AM »

I have a good question also....which one of the 7 churches did Paul belong to?

All of them,

As we also must, The letters to these churches represent all those who are called, and all who left their first love. A very short answer to a very long subject,

Chris R
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 09:24:57 AM by Chris R »

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2007, 11:11:12 AM »

Chris,

Simplicity and not complexity is what I am looking for.  Thanks.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 10:54:40 PM by rrammfcitktturjsp »

Mickyd

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2007, 10:11:10 PM »

All of them,

As we also must, The letters to these churches represent all those who are called, and all who left their first love. A very short answer to a very long subject,

Chris R

Hmmm....never thought of it like that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.