bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: the number of the beast.  (Read 6786 times)

bowlbyx

the number of the beast.
« on: April 09, 2006, 02:48:11 AM »

In not sure how i found this, i was reading about something else and i clicked on this.  i found it interesting thought that i would share

In popular culture
The Left Behind series uses various representations of 666 to identify people who have pledged allegiance to the Antichrist. For example, Antichrist Nicolae Carpathia ordered the number 216 (6 x 6 x 6) for his office suite, for the aircraft model of Global Community One, and for the loyalty mark region number for the United Carpathian States. He also divides the globe into ten regions - as is predicted in Scripture - and assigns each a regional code based on a mathematical equation using three sixes. Example: United North American States (6 - 6 - 6 = -6). His relative, Viv(ian) Ivins, has a "666" name, since VI VI VI is Roman for three individual sixes.

In the short film The Backpack, 666 is used as the lock combination to contain the evils of the backpack.

In Roman Polanski's The Ninth Gate 666 is the keycode that Boris Balkan (Frank Langella) enters on the keypads both to direct the elevator to the level of his personal library, and to open the vault to access that library. The Nine Gates of the Kingdom of Shadows was written by Torchia in 1666 (the year in which the film is set being 1999).

Stanley Kubrick's A Clockwork Orange visually represented Alex (Malcolm McDowell) as the Beast during a scene where he is accosted by two police officers who are identified as 665 and 667.

Quentin Tarantino's Pulp Fiction features a briefcase that is opened by the passcode 666. The retrieval of the briefcase is one of the major plots of the movie and belongs to Marcellus Wallace (Ving Rhames), who is portrayed as a soulless, evil man.

SLC Punk contains a scene in which the main character reveals the number "666" tattooed on his buttocks to a pair of fundamentalist Christians conversing about the end of times.

End of Days, directed by Peter Hyams, supposes as a plot point that the number represented in Revelation was actually seen upside down in a dream and should have actually been 999. This ignores the reality that Hindu-Arabic numerals were probably not invented until ca. 400 AD, and only reached the Middle East by 670 AD, whereas Revelation is considered to have been written in the first century AD.

The Omen and its sequels (a series of horror films about the Antichrist) have the Mark Of The Beast found under the hair as an apparent birthmark on the scalp of the character Damien Thorn. The 666 was explained to mean the Unholy Trinity: The Devil, the Antichrist, and the False Prophet. The movie was released on 6 June 1976—the sixth day of the sixth month, that is. A remake, The Omen 666, will be released on the 6th of June, 2006 - the 6th of the 6th, 06.

The Exorcism of Emily Rose, directed by Scott Derrickson, has many references to the number "666". Emily, who is supposedly possessed by demons, counts to six several times, "One, Two, Three, Four, Five, SIX!!!!". The demons inside her claim that they dwelled also within "Nero" who is presumed to be Nero Caesar.

Pi, directed by Darren Aronofsky, is about a character that is faced with a choice to sell his mathematical mind to Wall Street or to a group of Hasidic Jews, illustrating themes of materialism, numerology, and mysticism. With his elaborate home computer setup and complex algorithm the protagonist deciphers a predictable pattern in the stock market, and the computer spits out a 216 digit number each time before the system crashes, in recurring epiphanic moments of Icarus-like masochism. As the character falls into madness and before he gives himself trepanation, he says again and again "it's not the number; it's what's inside the number." 216 is the cube of 6, or 216 = 6*6*6. The golden ratio is discussed in the movie. The golden ratio's graphical representation is a spiral spun over time with a growing radius, similar to the appearance of the number 6, if the ratio's curve is represented in a single segmented curl.

The Phantom of the Opera musical, composed by Andrew Lloyd Webber, opens with an auction, in which the lot number of the restored chandelier is 666.

The Heretic Anthem, by hard rock band, Slipknot, features the lyric "If you are 555, then I am 666." In this case, 555 refers to man as 777 refers to God. It is not meant to be satanic but a denial of being a part of mankind.

While the association is not clearly Satanic in nature, and usually is not construed to promote Satanism, a reference to the number "666" may be the cause for the controversial assignment of the "Parental Advisory" designation to the HIM album Razorblade Romance, generally considered innocuous as it contains no profanity or sexually explicit language yet contains a song called "Your Sweet 666".

In Robert A. Heinlein's book Number of the Beast, "666" is actually six to the sixth to the sixth power, which in the novel is the number of possible dimensions/universes that may be reached in one step using the main inventor's device.

The British heavy metal band Iron Maiden has made an album titled The Number of the Beast. On a side note, Martin Birch, producer of the band at the time, had a car accident one night during the recording sessions. The cost of the damage was 666 british pounds but Birch refused to pay this amount and insisted on re-adjusting it. The title track quotes from the Bible and the lyrics refer to "six six six - the number of the beast". Flotsam and Jetsam made a song called "6 Six VI". The Australian black metal band Deströyer 666 also used Satanic imagery and lyrics, though in somewhat of a tongue-in-cheek way. Entombed have made an album called DCLXVI - To ride straight and speak the Truth (DCLXVI is the Roman numeral for 666). The Greek progressive rock band Aphrodite's Child made a concept album 666 based on the Book of Revelation.

The band Saviour Machine's Legend trilogy, based on end-time Biblical prophecy, contains numerous references to the Number of the Beast in both lyrics and background vocals (such as readings from the Bible). The fifth track on the album Legend Part II is specifically named "Mark of the Beast."

ESPN, Sports Illustrated, and Yahoo! give the Slovakian-born ice hockey player Miroslav Šatan the ID number of 666 in their databases, likely as a joke about his last name, which is similar to Satan.

The relatively popular, and controversial Xenosaga video game series thus far features three characters named Albedo, Rubedo (Jr.), and Nigredo (Gaignun), and as U.R.T.V. are the 667th, 666th, and 669th clones of Dmitri Yuriev respectively.

It is often quipped that 667 is "the Neighbour of the Beast" although this is possibly country-dependent as 668 (and 664) would be next property on the same side of the street in most, but not all, countries (assuming that the neighbours referred to are next-door neighbours). There are also at least two filk songs on this topic. Additional quips suggest that 1-888-666-6666 is "the Toll-Free Number of the Beast", $665.99 is "the Retail Price of the Beast", 00666 is "the ZIP Code of the Beast", 0.666 is "the Number of the Millibeast", Route 666 is "the highway of the Beast", 6.5013 is "the natural logarithm of the Beast", 333 is a devil doing a half-hearted job, the root of all evil being √666 = 25.8068, etc

Canadian comedic band Corky and the Juice Pigs has a song, on its eponymous 1993 album, titled "666-6666". The song is about dating the devil's daughter, with the main lyric being "666-6666... that's the [phone] number of the daughter of the beast."

6.66, One Hundredth of the Number of the Beast is the name of the only song by the fictional Australian rock band Salmon Hater. Adam Spencer and Wil Anderson, then hosts of the Triple J [3] radio breakfast show, invented the band as a joke one morning. A fan of the show soon composed this song for the pretend band, and a video clip was also made later. Now with the speculation that the number 616 is the real number of the beast, it has come to light that 616 used to be the country number and area code of Canberra, the Capital of Australia, and home to the nation's Government. However the area code was changed from 6 to 2 in 1997. 666 AM is the frequency for ABC local radio in Canberra. Comedian Andrew Denton once noted on The Money or the Gun that the Australian Broadcasting Corporation's contact address (GPO Box 9994), when turned upside down read "666... and some kind of upside-down cross."

The third and final book in the Before They Were Left Behind series is scheduled to be released on June 6, 2006, or the sixth day of the sixth month of the sixth year.

June 6 is also the day that Saint Marcellin Champagnat, the founder of the Marist Brothers was dead.

In The Pixies song "Monkey Gone To Heaven" the lyrics state that "If man is 5...then the devil is 6...then God is 7" suggesting that man is represented as 555, the devil as 666, and God as 777.

In the role-playing game In Nomine, rolling three dice in one go and getting a six on each one produces a result that is favourable for a demon character and detrimental to an angel character. Some Christian organizations and persons who viewed Dungeons & Dragons and other fantasy RPGs as harmful games (see RPG controversy) objected to any rules where rolling 6+6+6=18 on three six-sided dice lead to the most beneficial results. (For example, classic D&D uses 3d6 for rolling ability scores, and 18 is the best possible score.)

In the video game Quake, the pentagram of protection powerup gives the player 666 armor while it is active.

In the MMORPG World of Warcraft, there are warlock and priest sets that give 666 armor, and the final rank of the Warlock ability, "Corruption" does 666 damage.

The video game Max Payne refers to the number 665, used as the code for an electronic lock, as "the neighbour of the beast". In the sequel, Max Payne 2, a door is opened by the combination 667, being the other neighbour of the beast.

-2·Sin(666°) evaluates to (√5 + 1)/2 which is the Golden Ratio.

New Zealand pizza company Hell Pizza plays on the number of the beast for its phone number, which is then followed by a 111, which is the emergency phone number in New Zealand. It is commonly quipped that the number means "go to hell for an emergency."

In John Carpenter's Escape From L.A., the code that will shut down the world's power and in the end civilization is "666".

In Kingdom of Loathing, an item called the 668 scroll summons the Neighbor of the Beast (see above), who then grants the player a random boon or bane (for example, it might give or take money or experience, among other effects)

In The Simpsons episode, Treehouse of Horror VIII,A FOX censor says that the episode is supposed to be rated TV-G. But a hand with a sword appears on the TV-G rating icon stabbing the censor repeatedly changing the TV-G rating to TV-PG, then TV-14, then TV-M, then TV-21, and then TV-666. TV-21 and TV-666 are not real TV ratings.

The film The Doom Generation has a running gag about the cost of everything purchased in the film adding up to $6.66.

In Mike Leigh's film Naked, the character Johnny goes on an extended rant about the ubiquitous barcode being the Mark of the Beast (since it contains a 6-6-6 pattern).

In the role-playing game Deus Ex, in Castle Clinton at the start of the Battery Park level, there is an electronic keypad to open the door. The keypad number is 666.

In Season Two of Futurama, The Honking Bender is alarmed to see the binary code 0101100101 in a mirror (resulting in 1010011010). 1010011010 is the binary representation of 666.

Order 66, in Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, can be interpreted as a reference to 666 because order is translated as 6 in the modern numerologic system. When this is combined with 66, the number of the beast is the result

In The Hey Arnold! Movie, The Adress to FTI is 66613 Washington St. The house number, 66613, can be seperated into 666-13 (Mark of Beast-Unlucky Number)

bowlbyx

the number of the beast.
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2006, 02:51:41 AM »

oh i remember now (im tired) i was searching for meaning of words in the bible, and NOONE sees that the world is the church.

david

shibboleth

the number of the beast.
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2006, 01:13:25 PM »

I remember a brochure in the 1970's warning us Christians not to go to any store that used bar codes. Supposedly you were selling your soul to the devil, and the government could track all they items you bought with satellite technology. Also, the first, middle and last line in the bar code were six. So you had 666 in your bar codes. We were told that certain credit cards had 666 in them and we shouldn't use them.
Books came off the printing press every few months warning us that we should stay away from anything that had 666 in it.
Just recently I found out I was the 666. I was the beast of Revelation. Now I look on all this stuff as kind of amusing, although so many people believe it. It is just one more form of superstition that the prophecy teachers have hoodwinked the world into believing.
I didn't realize how many times 666 comes up in movies and TV shows. I will be watching for that now that I know.It kind of makes sense that the Hollywood community would use 666 so much, since they seem to be fascinated with anything evil.

bowlbyx

the number of the beast.
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2006, 01:18:16 PM »

Just recently I found out I was the 666. I was the beast of Revelation. Now I look on all this stuff as kind of amusing, although so many people believe it. It is just one more form of superstition that the prophecy teachers have hoodwinked the world into believing.
I didn't realize how many times 666 comes up in movies and TV shows. I will be watching for that now that I know.It kind of makes sense that the Hollywood community would use 666 so much, since they seem to be fascinated with anything evil.

I recently found out also.  I just thought i would share the fascination of these numbers.  I wonder if us at this forum are the only ones who see we are the beast.  and the number is of mankind.

david

Sorin

the number of the beast.
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2006, 02:19:57 PM »

I remember hearing about a christian family that got a great deal on a house but when they saw the address was 666 something, something street
they refused to buy it. and quickly in a state of paranoia got out of there.
Tis sad but true.

:lol:    :roll:

orion77

the number of the beast.
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2006, 03:09:02 PM »

Amazing how ones eyes are opened once we see just who the beast is!  This, for me was an incredible enlightment.  Several years ago reading all the books out there trying to discover the meaning behind the number of the beast and seeing all the many different interpretations, just could never hit the nail on the head until I came upon Rays site.  He cleared it all up with the scriptures instead of opinion.  For this I am truly grateful.

It all makes perfect sense now.  It's good to be free!  :D  8)

God bless,

Gary

hillsbororiver

the number of the beast.
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2006, 04:22:57 PM »

Amazing is the Word! Traditional christianity would have us trudging to the far corners of the world looking for evidence of the emergence of "the beast" at some future point in history.

The time has always been the here and now for every generation to get in front of the mirror.

Joe

shibboleth

the number of the beast.
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2006, 05:28:03 PM »

There used to be a saying years ago that people would say when they were dissatisfied with their life. they were usually tired of their job, kids, husband or just life in general. When they couldn't stand life anymore they would say "I"m going to go out and find myself."
This is exactly how I used to feel about the antichrist or Mr. 666. I would try to find him and, just as the person who wants to find himself, I just need to look in the mirror and there she or he is.
How much the scripture makes sense when we know these awesome truths. God does such a magnificent job of hiding his truths in scripture. I can see why people are running around trying fto find some man who fits the description. What they don't know is we all fit the description of 666. We are all the antichrist, or were at one time.

rvhill

the number of the beast.
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2006, 08:05:46 PM »

One interesting point about 666, that I do not believe Ray brought up in his 13. Who is the Beast? - 666?, is the the place meant of the mark on the hand and forehead. I personally believe that the place meant of the mark is prophetic. The hand and the forehead are both centers of creation in humans. The hand is the center of man physical creations, and the forehead is the center of man creative thought. 6 is the member of man, and a member repeated 3 times means absolute, or God like. So you get man as God in creation, or creative ability.

It is worth Noting that knowledge progresses at a geometric rate. So at some point in time, which can be plotted on a curve man technological knowledge will reach a singularity. It is a point of ignorance. An example of simple mathematical singularity is the point when x = 1 in 1/(x-1) It simply means that at that point the value of x is indefinite.

love_magnified

the number of the beast.
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2006, 08:16:34 PM »

Stanley Kubrick's A Clockwork Orange visually represented Alex (Malcolm McDowell) as the Beast during a scene where he is accosted by two police officers who are identified as 665 and 667.

Stanley K, probably unknowingly, got it exactly right. 666 is not the number of the number of the "anti Christ" although the two can be closely related. It is the number of man. So it is funny, as hillsbororiver said, how many people look outward for the beast just as they look outward for the Kingdom. When they find out that they already wear that mark on their foreheads, they will be as suprised as I was.

bowlbyx

the number of the beast.
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2006, 11:01:44 PM »

the kingdom within is the greatest knowledge i have gained.  it doesnt say it here but i was reading that the song by iron maiden (not sure the name) said that the number of the beast was the number of mankind.  they had it right and didnt even know it.

david
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.