bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Crazy Televangelist vid  (Read 12271 times)

SandyFla

Crazy Televangelist vid
« on: February 19, 2007, 02:49:21 PM »

Benny Hinn does his thing. See if you don't think this looks demonic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVRkyxVEyAA&mode=related&search=

iris

Re: Crazy Televangelist vid
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 03:21:07 PM »

Hi SandyFla,

It not only looks demonic, it looks ridiculous.
I can't believe all these people are falling for this dung.

Iris

gmik

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 08:32:47 PM »

Iris, millions of people fall for it.....I was one of them for years. 

You gotta see the one w/ his wife.  You tube has a bunch of them.  Now that I have new eyes, I can't believe I believed it-altho I was never a Benny Hinn fan.  My son went to see him in Atlanta Ga several years ago-he thought it was true, but his friend went for a healing and never got called up.

Now after seeing his youtube clips, its kinda phony how they pick people to go up.  To me tho is his bling-bling lifestyle is worse than his goofy stage antics!

LittleBear

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 04:27:21 PM »

What exactly is this? I know it's satanic because all sorts of nasty things go into decieving all these people. But is there some sort of physical, scientific explanation for people being knocked over like that? You know, electric wiring underneath the floorboards. Maybe there's a stupifying vapour emanating from key areas in the ceiling and only Benny Hinn and his cronies have the antidote, which they secretly took before the show, er, I mean the evangelistic meeting, and also at the same time Benny Hinn's people are stationed at the front so that they can get the domino effect started when he does his point and zap thing.

Ursula

gmik

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 12:04:58 AM »

Hi Ursula.  No they don't have to use electric under the stage or anything.  People believe it and they know that when Hinn is "in the annointing" they will fall down!  You go up there prepared to fall.  His handpicked "phonies" fall quickly and that "teaches" others what to do. Now, if you don't really "feel" anything you fall down anyway so that no one else will think something is wrong w/ you.

You can watch a lot of his antics on YouTube and there is one that actually does a documentary and interviews him.  Try to find that one.  Very interesting.

LittleBear

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2007, 11:17:01 AM »

Hi Gena,

I can see what you mean. People come mentally prepared for this kind of experience. I remember many, many years ago, I was "slain in the spirit". It was after a gruelling hour or two of praise and worship and everyone had to go up for prayer and have hands laid on them, and everyone went down slain in the spirit. So when I went up I was expecting it too and with the help of the pastor's kind of gentle pushing, I went down on the floor. (He told me to close my eyes and raise my hands way up. My balance was off) When I was on the floor, everyone was praying over me and I thought I better stay down there because they were expecting me to do that. I felt really ashamed of myself afterwards though because I was decieving people.

Ursula

gmik

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2007, 03:16:04 PM »

Ursula, I did the EXACT same thing and yes I had a not so "gentle" push.  Then all the ladies scurry to cover you w/ a cloth.  I tried to pray while on the floor but w/ two ladies speaking into each ear "in tongues" I couldn't.(Longhorn, behave!!)

Now, last year our new daughter-in-law went forward for a healing and she was "slain" and she was on the floor for a long time.  To this day, she believes she was healed there.  I believe she was, because I know she is off her medicine now, but not because of the "slaying".  It was her time to get well.

rick

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2007, 04:26:54 PM »

Benny is storing up judgement for the day of wrath and perhaps that is what it will take to bring him to Christ. God is infinately wise and i wish i could know His ways. perhaps someday.......................

LittleBear

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2007, 10:51:06 AM »

Gina,

That's funny! I didn't get the scurrying because I had pants on. But I also got the tongues.

I'm glad your daughter-in-law was healed, but it's too bad she now puts Benny in a high place in her mind as a result.

Rick,

Definitely, for sure, you will know His ways. God loves to reveal Himself to His children. Just keep pressing in and keep going no matter what.

Ursula

SandyFla

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2007, 03:28:35 PM »

I went to Jordan & Israel in 1988 with a group from the Church of God. The preacher did a "laying on of hands" around everyone as we stood in a circle. I watched as one by one, they fell backwards. When he touched me, I felt nothing and just stood there. I thought something was wrong with ME!

Of course, I didn't feel obligated to fall, because I wasn't part of their denomination and they knew it.

Sandy

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2007, 03:30:30 PM »

Sandy,

That reminds me of a story that Susan shared with me.  I shall ask her next time to post it on the forum if she is comfortable.  You might get a big laugh out of it.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

SandyFla

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2007, 03:35:41 PM »

OK, I look forward to it ... if she feels free to share, that is!

Sandy

Falconn003

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2007, 03:51:47 PM »

There is diffenatly something stinky about him.

Must be the dead flesh decay stench of carnality !

He knocks them all down with his BAD BREATHE and B.O. !

Benny Hinn is my leading canidate for the dirty mouth commercials.

Rodger

B18bhatch

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2007, 04:27:06 PM »

I remember reading an article a couple years back saying that if you look in the bible and find all the scriptures of people falling backwards you would are that they all fell backwards in judgement. They either died or were injured. I didn't like the fact when I had attended my old church a long time ago they would have these alter calls and everybody would go up. They would all get slain in the spirit and I would be the only one left , I use to think something was wrong with me but I refused to go down just because the others went down. I remember on numerous occasions the person praying would lay his hands on my chest and they would tell you close your eyes and be in agreement with the prayer. Soon I felt his hand applying pressure causing me to rock back and forth and it totally through my prayer off now I knew what was going on so I stiffened up and he saw I was not dropping so he called more people to me to pray but then they got tired and gave up. I walked back and all those that did not go up looked at me in disgust. My wife also told me that one time she was told to fall back when they were praying for her. We complained about it and nothing was done because it was the pastors nephew whom was visiting and doing the sermon for that day. Which reminds me has anyone gone on retriets or encounters as they call it with Jesus.

Be blessed

gmik

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2007, 05:19:05 PM »

You know if churches would just stop and think about it for a minute.  You are supposed to be slain by the SPIRIT., not by pushing over or by denominational bent.

So people that believe in it go up and obediently fall over cuz thats what you are supposed to do.  If you don't get slain then the SPIRIT isn't slaying you.  But instead we feel its something that we did wrong otherwise why wouldn't it happen to me?  It is so crazy.

Sandy if the Spirit was in the church and the annointing was moving to slay people, you could have supernaturally been "pushed" back whether you believed in it or had never heard of it before.  It is one of the sacred cows that they cling to.  They like to think that the Spirit is around and to think otherwise well. you know how they like independent thinking! And they won't accept for a moment that it wasn't "by the Spirit".  They feel special that way-better than the church up the block.

SandyFla

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2007, 03:25:51 PM »

I agree, Gena.

I thought there was something wrong in my relationship with God because I didn't fall backwards. Naturally, I wasn't about to fall just because it was the thing to do--that has never been my way anyhow, LOL.

Sandy

Jackie Lee

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2007, 07:48:38 PM »

I was in the pentacostal movement for years I will never forget all those times*.Not good*
I do believe we get ourseves worked up in a frenzy for what reason I am not sure.

I never felt comfortable in the pentacostal church but yet I believed that must be where God was since so much happened there.
There were prayer lines to be prayed for and of course the slaying of the spirit.

Lust was rampant there also.
 Single people pasing notes to others that were single saying God wants us together.

This was not unusal it happened to many people there.
There was casting out demons almost every revival.
It was a show, I like everyone else got caught up in it.

One night In 2000 I was really stressed wasn't feeling good at all, I went up and said I needed special prayer.
The preacher prayed and said I had a demon I was humilated and frightened.
 I did go back the next night and the preacher was standing around talking to others after the meeting telling how he cast a demon out of me.
I felt terrible and rejected and alone embarrased all these things and more.
I could never go to the pentacostal church again after that.

I have only been to one church since then it was Catholic and I never liked it either.
I have mostly since then just prayed for God to be my guide since all the churches taught things I just couldn't swallow.
I am learning God can be right beside you every minute of the day.

I am still learning more about God staying home than churches.
 I have been told this is not what God wants but for me I believe it is exactly what he wants.
 I have learned in some of the churches over the years that was where my roots were but I now know he wanted me to move on.
A friend gave me Ray's website I would just read a little at a time and I knew I found some real truths there.

I really hope God can teach me much more before I die but it seems there is so much to learn and so little time.
I pray daily God will teach me more I am just trying to soak up as much as I can since we don't know about tommorrow.

As I have mentioned before I have been through some health trials and I can say it has brought me closer to God and for that I am greatful.

I spaced this to make easier reading. :)

hebrewroots98

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2007, 08:41:33 PM »

God bless you sister and your health!  God will have you here until HE has ended YOUR mission that HE put you here for such a time as this!  Your heart is in the right place and I se HIM in YOU!  Don't be too hard on yourself, b/c HE LOVES YOU just where you are! :D

gmik

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2007, 10:10:21 PM »

B18    I went to a church that had classes on how to fall or "receive the annointing" as they call it.  At the altar call we would line up and just fall down as he passed by--used to be ableto at least tell the pastor what you wanted prayer for but that took too much time so we would just fall and "let the HS minister" to us! (the pastor didn't have to bother!)

B18bhatch

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2007, 12:20:12 AM »

B18    I went to a church that had classes on how to fall or "receive the annointing" as they call it.  At the altar call we would line up and just fall down as he passed by--used to be ableto at least tell the pastor what you wanted prayer for but that took too much time so we would just fall and "let the HS minister" to us! (the pastor didn't have to bother!)

Wow I never heard of a class like that. Reminds of a time where one of the members of my old church was telling me how they were being taught how to speak in tongues by making weird sounds or something like a little baby. Don't remember to be exact.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 20 queries.