bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: i need some advice  (Read 5139 times)

bowlbyx

i need some advice
« on: April 09, 2006, 03:06:16 AM »

I work in a small business fixing copiers, there is this guy (my manager) that is MEAN.  I think he is EVIL.  I was in the army for 4 years, and never had been talked to the way that he talks to me (been called stupid, an idiot, a waste of money etc... you name it) or my coworkers.  I arrive at work, and see this person, and he comes in and slams stuff in our (my fellow technicians) faces, and i guess forgets to say hello.  When im at work, he causes me to stumble in my walk in faith.  I feel like sometimes im there to fight HIS persecution.  I have stood up for my coworkers (even when they werent doing there jobs well).  I have hid things they have done wrong so they wont get into trouble.  I have took the blame for things they have done wrong.  I have put my job on the line, hoping things would change.  I have cried (i used to believe REAL MEN dont cry lol), i have hated, i have been angry.  I want to leave, but i cant.  is there anyone here that feels the same, or can give advice.

even if noone doesnt respond, thanks for reading my pathetic call for help.  people have real problems, mine is a joke.

david

Joey Porter

i need some advice
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2006, 03:22:35 AM »

I guess the best advice I could give is to remember that God is working all things in your life and this is serving a purpose.   Just consider this to be one of the things that you must "overcome" so that you can be made perfect.

Andrew

i need some advice
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2006, 03:53:43 AM »

Jam 1:2 All joy deem it, my brethren, whenever you should be falling into various trials,

1Pe 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, Who, according to His vast mercy, regenerates us into a living expectation, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from among the dead,
1Pe 1:4 for the enjoyment of an allotment incorruptible and undefiled and unfading, kept in the heavens for you,
1Pe 1:5 who are garrisoned by the power of God, through faith, for salvation ready to be revealed in the last era,
1Pe 1:6 in which you are exulting; briefly at present, if it must be, being sorrowed by various trials,
1Pe 1:7 that the testing of your faith, much more precious than gold which is perishing, yet, being tested by fire, may be found for applause and glory and honor at the unveiling of Jesus Christ,

1Pe 4:12  Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:
1Pe 4:13  But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

Hope this helps

May the Lord Bless You amd Keep You

bobf

Re: i need some advice
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2006, 05:01:44 AM »

Remember that as Christ was so are we in this world.  Here are some scriptures that came to my mind for you.  God bless.

2 Corinthians 12:7 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure. 8 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. 9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

1 Peter 2:21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: 22 Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth: 23 Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously.

Matthew 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; 45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. 46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? 47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more [than others]? do not even the publicans so? 48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect

bowlbyx

i need some advice
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2006, 05:40:13 PM »

Do you think GOD has put me here for a reason.  Like maybe im here to help those there.  I have never been in a place that people tell me there problems, looking for advice.  I dont think i have been much help, but i know that i do make them feel better about themselves.

david

hillsbororiver

i need some advice
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2006, 05:54:47 PM »

Quote from: bowlbyx
Do you think GOD has put me here for a reason.  Like maybe im here to help those there.  I have never been in a place that people tell me there problems, looking for advice.  I dont think i have been much help, but i know that i do make them feel better about themselves.

david

Yes David I believe you are there to be a light in the darkness, you have been given many appropriate scriptures from the brethren here to contemplate.

Not only is this a test for you in your journey but it may be your time to give testimony when someone asks you how you keep your composure dealing with this person.

It could be that the person you bring to the light MAY BE HIM!

He sounds like someone who is miserable, his spirit could be on the verge of breaking, or at some point in the future when it does it may be you who provides him an inspiration and an example as to where to seek the one and only Answer.

God does work in mysterious ways, and what He has planned for you in this tribulation only He knows.

Joe

rvhill

i need some advice
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2006, 09:51:33 PM »

why can't you leave? why give in to fear. enjoy life it is to short.

bowlbyx

i need some advice
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2006, 10:52:16 PM »

i was i had another job lined up, more money, better environment BUT.........  there is this guy there that was being treated the same way i was treated and i decided to stay and fight for him.  I eventually got him a raise and he was promoted to a different position (better than mine i think)  i was happy for him even though he knows nothing of this.  i now am considering a position in new mexico, but money isnt good enough for me to relocate.  

david
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 20 queries.