bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: God?  (Read 5127 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
God?
« on: February 20, 2007, 08:27:53 PM »

Dear Kristen:
    There have been tens of thousands of books written on whether there is a God and whether the Scriptures are a message from such a God, etc. So it is not likely that I will be able to cover this subject and persuade you to believe in such a God, in just a short email.
    There is a creation which demands a Creator. Our minds and eyeballs did not come from single-celled life forms evolving in sea slim. We are the product of unfathomable intelligence. We call such an intelligence, "GOD."  I will make a few COMMENTS in your email................

I was scanning through your site and was just kind of wondering if you believe in God.

COMMENT:  I do not believe it is possible to read more than five or ten sentences in any of my dozens of papers, and not be convinced that I absolutely believe in God. I can't understand why you would ask such a thing?

Please don't come back with a remark, "if you looked through my site more thoroughly...." because I know.

I'm 15 and for a few years now, I've been wondering if God exists at all.

Everything has a beginning and an end as I am told. If this is true, where did God get his start? And how long had he been around before he decided to make the world, people, animals etc.

COMMENT: That is not true, even Scientists have come to realize through the laws of physics that matter cannot be created nor destroyed, but only changed from one form into another.  But of necessity, a Creator God CANNOT have a beginning!  At "what point in time" God started His creation of the universe, earth, and life, is not revealed, so speculation is of little value. For sure, it did happen, and the proof of this is, WE ARE HERE!

Surely Adam and Eve were not the only people made...did God make more? If not, then how did more people come about? Eve only had sons and I think one died.

COMMENT:  Actually Cain murdered his brother Abel. Eve assuredly did have more than just two sons. You must continue reading the account in Genesis:  "And all the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years, and he began sons AND DAUGHTERS" (Gen. 5:4). Tradition says that Adam and Eve had seventy children.

I'd really like it if you helped me out here. I really want help to know whether or not I should believe...so far, no one can answer my questions. Maybe you can?

COMMENT:  You will not find God until God finds you. Men grope after God, but few find Him, because He does not reveal Himself to all humanity at this time, in this lifetime. There is coming a resurrection in which all humanity will learn of God (See Isaiah 26:9 and similar verses).
        May God be with you and reveal Himself to you,
        Ray

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 23 queries.