bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: POSITIVE THINKING/VISUALIZATION  (Read 16604 times)

FREEINDEED

POSITIVE THINKING/VISUALIZATION
« on: February 21, 2007, 09:06:18 AM »

I was watching Oprah Friday and she had a guest on there talking about a DVD and Book entitle "The Secret."  The book is basically talking about positive thinking/visualization.  Meaning that if your more positive your life will be better.  I kind of agree with this,  because I have experience this in my personal life and I also try to tell people that things will be better if they would think more positively about their situation instead of being negative.  But now I would like to dig a little bit more deeper.  I would like to know how you feel about this.  Is it True or False.  I really want to know if there are any Scriptures to back up this Theory.

rrammfcitktturjsp

Re: POSITIVE THINKING/VISUALIZATION
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 09:38:37 AM »

FreeIndeed,

Sounds very much like Christain Science and the Unity way of thinking.  Guys help me out, there's tons of Scriptures that say that we will face trials. 

Think on Jesus, one of the most positive thinkers in the bible, yet he ended getting nailed to a cross.  What about Paul, whose writings are for the most part upbeat and very passionate, and yet there is a chapter that states all that has happened to him, him getting beaten, starving, shipwricked, whipped, and ect.  Then we can think of John the Apostle, he got exiled.  King David, a man after God's own heart, sinned with Uriah's wife and then by counting the fighting men later on.  Solomon who was the wisest man, sinned by marrying all those women and following their gods thus, introducing idolotry in the life.

I believe it is James Chapter 1 that talks about trials.  This life is not promised to be easy for sure.  Yet, it always helps with positive thinking.  If I cut my arm off, and I think positive about it not bleeding, well guess what, it is going to bleed very profusely.  There is nothing wrong with positive thinking or visualization, yet when we let it get to the point that is all that consumes us and we are blinded to God's Word becuase it feels good, well then there is something really, really, wrong, and it is not God's Word.

IN several of the Proverbs it does talk about one being cheerful and laughing, and one assumes that it takes postivie thinking to get to this one.

Okay, now visuazation <sic>, unfortnately, I am out of my league here.  Personally, and personally, I think nothing is wrong with it depending on what you are visualizing.  It helps me remember more of what I read in the bible, but that is as far as I take it.

Most of Unity's doctrines of which the Secret talks and expounds greatly upon are mostly good feeling doctrines.  You become blinded by all the "white light" philosophy.  If you wish to PM me to talk more about any of this, you are more than welcome to.

I would always and have no problem exhorting one to think positive, but do not fall into the trap if you do, you will escape trouble or trials.

Kat, or anyone out there, again the Scripture actual verses and chapters fail my mind.  I have a somewhat amazing memory being able to recall most of it it, but I cannot recall chapter and verses.  If you know where some of this stuff is and have time, I would really appreciate if you would post the corresponding chapters and verses.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

gmik

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 02:18:38 PM »

A cheerful heart doeth good like medicine!!!

A positive outlook on things does make it easier for people to be around you!!  Negativity saps everybody.

Also, being positive in the midst of trials shows your trust in God to work it all out.

I do think some people were "born" w/ a sunny disposition and others have to cultivate one.

Read Philllipians.  Paul is full of joy and positive outlooks.

josh

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 02:30:15 PM »

Freeindeed & Anne,

Hey, how are you guys? I hope well… I saw this thread this morning and thought I would take a few minutes to respond if that’s ok.

Positive thinking/Visualization cannot change a situation; all it can do is change how we respond to a situation and what we learn from the situation, because having hope allows us to see possibilities and avenues of positive action that we may not see when we feel hopeless or as though all is lost.

The problem arises when positive thinking/visualization becomes an idol of the heart… the thing that we turn to or depend on rather then a product of our faith in God and our trust in Him to do what is truly right.

If someone came to me and asked… “Josh, you always seem to be so cheerful/positive even in the worst of times, how do you do it?” I surely would not say… “Well I just try to think positive about every situation and attempt to visualize a positive outcome.” I would not do this because I would be taking the credit for something only God can do and provide. I instead would answer in a manner similar to this: “

2 Corinthians 12:9-10
8: Three times I besought the Lord about this, that it should leave me;
9: but he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." I will all the more gladly boast of my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
10: For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities; for when I am weak, then I am strong.

I would answer in this way because I believe the words of Christ, speaking through the apostles in His word:

James 1:2-4
2: Count it all joy, my brethren, when you meet various trials,
3: for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness.
4: And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

Romans 5:1-5
1: Therefore, since we are justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.
2: Through him we have obtained access to this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in our hope of sharing the glory of God.
3: More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance,
4: and endurance produces character, and character produces hope,
5: and hope does not disappoint us, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit which has been given to us.

For those of us who strive to make our election sure, we can keep a positive attitude because we have hope in knowing these words of Paul:

Romans 8:18
18: I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us.

Hope this helps.

Grace and Peace.
Josh

PKnowler

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 04:14:57 PM »

Positive thinking/Visualization cannot change a situation; all it can do is change how we respond to a situation and what we learn from the situation, because having hope allows us to see possibilities and avenues of positive action that we may not see when we feel hopeless or as though all is lost.

Josh I love what you wrote. That was very well said and edifying! In this first part you acknowledge that while positive thinking/Visualization, I prefer being optimistic, is not what changes our circumstances but it changes how we respond to our situation which allows us to see possibilities and avenues of positive action that we wouldn't see if we were negative.

So there is value in how we think and how it manifest in our life. Sometimes we have to reckon something to be so even if we can't feel it though because God said it. Let God be true and every man a liar. (including ourself and our negative thoughts.)

The problem arises when positive thinking/visualization becomes an idol of the heart… the thing that we turn to or depend on rather then a product of our faith in God and our trust in Him to do what is truly right.

I agree with you. We need to put our hope in God not in our thoughts!

If someone came to me and asked… “Josh, you always seem to be so cheerful/positive even in the worst of times, how do you do it?” I surely would not say… “Well I just try to think positive about every situation and attempt to visualize a positive outcome.” I would not do this because I would be taking the credit for something only God can do and provide. I instead would answer in a manner similar to this: “

2 Corinthians 12:9-10
8: Three times I besought the Lord about this, that it should leave me;
9: but he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." I will all the more gladly boast of my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
10: For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities; for when I am weak, then I am strong.

I would answer in this way because I believe the words of Christ, speaking through the apostles in His word:

James 1:2-4
2: Count it all joy, my brethren, when you meet various trials,
3: for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness.
4: And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

Romans 5:1-5
1: Therefore, since we are justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.
2: Through him we have obtained access to this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in our hope of sharing the glory of God.
3: More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance,
4: and endurance produces character, and character produces hope,
5: and hope does not disappoint us, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit which has been given to us.

For those of us who strive to make our election sure, we can keep a positive attitude because we have hope in knowing these words of Paul:

Romans 8:18
18: I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us.

Hope this helps.

Grace and Peace.
Josh

Thank you for those scriptures Josh! They bring back the spiritual peace and joy that has eluding me lately.
I am reminded of how Romans 8:18 helped me through one of the hardest times in my life. It would do me well to contemplate on those scriptures. What wonderful and precious promises we have in the word. Even greater is Christ in us the hope of Glory. Col 1:27

Bless You!  :)
~Paula

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2007, 04:46:25 PM »

Hello Friendindeed
 You ask :

I would like to know how you feel about this.   I feel sickened.

Is it True or False. It is FALSE

I really want to know if there are any Scriptures to back up this Theory.
I am not going against anything any one has said here in this thread because the scriptures do not contradict! There are no scriptures to how I understand this that endorse us to seek being positive without knowing Christ or putting Him first.....as is exemplified in the exchanges being shared in this thread so beautifully.

As far as I know there are NO scriptures that BACK UP this "therory" . as you relate it Friendindeed.

You will find several referrals in Scripture that will tell you what God thinks about demonology and what and how we are to respond to it too.  Demonology and heresy has PLENTY to back it up!...but not from God only from mis-led mankind.

You yourself seem to have come to an awareness that if Gods word does not back it then it is false. It is a real false teaching that says that man can, should or endeavour to positively think or will his way into a better life. The seduction of best seller books or most hightly paid women is what it is. A seduction.

No man has any say over where he was born, what gifts and talents he has given to him from God or when he will die. All is in the power and authority of God.

Ray's Myth of Free Will  gets the real truth in the open. Get into some real back up that pulls the illusion out of the deception and tears it up thorough real insight  in Gods Word and enjoy reading the rich  wisdom and truth about Gods word that is given freely and published on this site by Ray. If God has it in His plan, you will come to enjoy a deeper and richer comprehensive insight into HIS ways and thoughts. Don’t be deceived . There are many men and women trying to win favour of men at the cost of your Dollar. Rules  and role models of man or woman of the worldly ungodly high apsirants for worldly happiness, gratification and satisfaction.

Matt 23 : 13 But woe to you, scribes ( scribes....writers of books and theories on how to get better, be better, get higher and be higher ) and Pharisees,( Religious leaders) pretenders, hypocrites! For you shut the kingdom of heaven in men's faces: for you neither enter yourselves, ( they can not enter into the comprehensive understanding  and knowledge that God is Sovereign) nor do you allow those who are about to go in to do so.

Mtt 6 : 33 But seek, aim at and strive after first of all His kingdom and His righteousness: His way of doing and being right, (  His way of doing and being is Sovereign and the teaching on this is revealed and unveiled in the Myth of Free Will by Ray) and then all these things taken together will be given you besides.

Peace to you

Arcturus.
 :)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 05:00:11 PM by Arcturus »

YellowStone

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2007, 05:24:11 PM »

Hello FriendIndeed and Arcturus :)

FriendIndeed wrote:

I was watching Oprah Friday and she had a guest on there talking about a DVD and Book entitle "The Secret."  The book is basically talking about positive thinking/visualization.  Meaning that if your more positive your life will be better.  I kind of agree with this,  because I have experience this in my personal life and I also try to tell people that things will be better if they would think more positively about their situation instead of being negative.  But now I would like to dig a little bit more deeper.  I would like to know how you feel about this.  Is it True or False.  I really want to know if there are any Scriptures to back up this Theory.

Arcturus  You said:

I really want to know if there are any Scriptures to back up this Theory. I am not going against anything any one has said here in this thread because the scriptures do not contradict! There are no scriptures to how I understand this that endorse us to seek being positive without knowing Christ or putting Him first.....as is exemplified in the exchanges being shared in this thread so beautifully.

As far as I know there are NO scriptures that BACK UP this "therory" . as you relate it Friendindeed.

Arcturus, let me answer you first in as kind and as gentle manner as a bother should. :)

Pro 15:13  A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance: but by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken.

Pro 15:14  The heart of him that hath understanding seeketh knowledge: but the mouth of fools feedeth on foolishness.

Pro 15:15  All the days of the afflicted [are] evil: but he that is of a merry heart [hath] a continual feast.

Let us take a closer look at the words "merry" and "cheerful"

Merry (sameach) [8056]

1) joyful, merry, glad
   a) joyful, showing joy
   b) you who rejoice (subst)

Cheerful (yatab) [3190]

1) to be good, be pleasing, be well, be glad

a) (Qal)
      1) to be glad, be joyful
      2) to be well placed
      3) to be well for, be well with, go well with
      4) to be pleasing, be pleasing to

b) (Hiphil)
      1) to make glad, rejoice
      2) to do good to, deal well with
      3) to do well, do thoroughly
      4) to make a thing good or right or beautiful
      5) to do well, do right

Arcturus my dear sister, I believe too that the Scriptures do not contradict, therefore, I see the above Scripture as proof that we should always be thankful and gracious in everything that we do. We should always seek first to be glad and joyful; we can be sorrowful yet still rejoice in the fact that we can deal well with any situation and turn it around and make it good, right or beautiful in a positive rather than a negative manner. :)

Pual speaks of this here:
2Cr 6:10 As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and [yet] possessing all things. 

Even though one may have nothing , we are are always to remain positive, gracious for what we do have, not saddened or disheartened for what we don't have. Surely if we follow always the teachings of a joyful heart, we will possess spiritual happiness as in "possesing all things."

Luk 12:27  Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

Luk 12:28 If then God so clothe the grass, which is to day in the field, and to morrow is cast into the oven; how much more [will he clothe] you, O ye of little faith?

Luk 12:29  And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind.

Luk 12:30  For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things.

I see no evil or wrong in having a positive, uplifting and gracious attitude. :)

FriendIndeed, the world is so troubled over what it doesn't have, that it often forgets to think about what it does have. :)

Love to you both in Christ,

Darren
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 06:03:26 PM by YellowStone »

CEO

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2007, 06:12:16 PM »

Josh

Great post.  Thinking positvely may not ensure succes but thinking negatively absolutely increases the likelihood of failure.  How could we have any greater positve than Jesus in us, joy abounding and the phenomenal incredible understanding of truth we are glimpsing now and will experience fully in the twinkling of an eye at the resurrection ?!

Askseeknock

Charles

snorky

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2007, 06:31:39 PM »

But just think, we can think positively because that's the way God made us! But on the other hand there are those (I know  few) who can never feel positive about anything (just leaa negative, you know what I mean?), again because God made them that way. So we need to thank God for, among so many other things and all things, for making us capable of positive thinking!--Deb aka snorky

YellowStone

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2007, 07:14:07 PM »

Great response Deb (Snorky)

All is of God. I do not find it hard to believe that God may be working inside of many people today, who in their childhood, totally rejected the church for the lies, untruths and fallacies it presented. These people are out of the Church, because they never got caught up in it her harlotness.

Rev 17:5 And upon her forehead [was] a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

Such are these may be positive and uplifting and sadly ignorant by our standards, but who are we to question God for it is quite possible, the next newbie that joins this forum, comes from such as these and we will welcome this one with open arms and the love that only true followers of Christ can give.

We must NEVER forget that "we" did not find God, HE FOUND US!!  :) :)

Great post Deb,

Brotherly Love in Christ,
Darren
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 07:14:38 PM by YellowStone »

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2007, 07:15:14 PM »

To All,

Wow what a treat to come home and read this thread after a long day.  I got to help Susan with some of her home school activies and am a little tired, but my spirits are uplifted.  Darren what a way to write, that's awesome. In Medias Res <sic?> I liked what you wrote in your post.  It is what I was trying to say in that long post that I wrote this morning.  Thanks for saying it simple. 

Thanks for posting all of this.  I can now see that I too have grown and am feeling like I am now on my way.

God bless all of you all.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 07:44:23 PM by rrammfcitktturjsp »

jennie

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2007, 07:20:47 PM »

God can and does take the bad things in our lives and gets glory from them doesn't He? Nobody asked me if I "wanted to be abused and molested" but I was when I was too little to even defend myself. When I was a little girl, I used to wish I could be a bug. They were tiny and could hide in cracks and stuff so the grown ups couldn't see them. As bad as it was I believe God turned it to good in that I have been able to talk to other little children that this had happened to. Because of my experience, which I know God would not have wanted to happen to a kid, I have been able to , hopefully, give them some hope that they could grow up and be okay. I will always have physical problems because of what happened. I still have to go from time to time for more surgeries to remove the scar tissue as it compromises my internal organs. My back will always hurt because it was fractured 2 times but this is my life. I won't think negative of it but choose to see the good that came from the bad. I know it sounds pretty stupid but that is how I have chosen to live my life. Everybody has troubles but we can see the good if we look real hard.

Bradigans

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2007, 07:41:47 PM »

Proverbs 23:7 says - For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he.

i believe a true born again bible believing saint as to be careful with reading all these other books. They can Proverbs 14:12 - There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death. have some tremendous insight, but the only thing is you may be visiting ungodly cites/sites. You have to worry about the cookies that may be left over.

Stay in THE WORD and don't necessarily expect a quick fix. God usually deal with us over time. Look at Moses, Abraham, Joseph, and many other of the patriarchs and leaders of the early church. They're alot of seducing spirits. Be careful with these books...

YellowStone

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2007, 07:56:12 PM »

Point well taken Bradigan. :)

The Scriptures are not required to align with anything other than itself (the Word of God); however, information that we choose take from other books MUST always align with the Scriptures.

It's a simple test, but often over looked.

Thanks again for your warning,

Your Brother in Christ,
Darren

Robin

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2007, 11:07:07 PM »

Galatians 5
22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Email from Ray

I think that you are confusing "gift" with "fruit." God gives us the "gift" of faith to start the ball rolling , so to speak, but he does not at the same time gift us with "love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithFULNESS, gentleness and self-control" so that we can then live a righteous and good life. We must all PRODUCE, YIELD, BRING FORTH, and BEAR much fruit. All of these terms are used in Scripture and all of them are a process of growth, they are not supernatural gifts.

God be with you,

Ray

I can't say enough against the positive thinking techniques and visualization techniques in the way they are used in the church and in the world today. Names like Robert Schuller with the power of positive thinking and Norman Vincent Peale with the power of praise come to mind. Do this and you'll get that.

Proverbs 23
7For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he: Eat and drink, saith he to thee; but his heart is not with thee.

I do not believe this scripture is telling us to use positive thinking. I believe this scripture is telling us that we can tell who a man is by what he thinks in his heart. It is not telling us to think differently so we will be different. Only God can change our heart.

Matthew 15

16"Are you still so dull?" Jesus asked them. 17"Don't you see that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and then out of the body? 18But the things that come out of the mouth come from the heart, and these make a man 'unclean.' 19For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander. 20These are what make a man 'unclean'; but eating with unwashed hands does not make him 'unclean.' "

Philippians 4:8
8Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

1 Timothy 4

13Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine.
14Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery.
15Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.
16Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.

Ps 77:12 I will meditate also of all thy work, and talk of thy doings.

Ps 104:34 My meditation of him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the LORD.

Ps 119:15 I will meditate in thy precepts, and have respect unto thy ways.

Ps 119:99 I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation.

Ps 119:148 Mine eyes prevent the night watches, that I might meditate in thy word.

Ps 143:5 I remember the days of old; I meditate on all thy works; I muse on the work of thy hands.

FREEINDEED

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2007, 11:58:43 PM »

I would like to thank everyone for responding.  I learned a lot from this post.

Be Blessed.

DWIGHT

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2007, 02:13:38 AM »

Hi everyone,

This is a good thread for me.  The last couple of days, God has really been putting me through some real testing.  It's no fun!  I have tried to stay positive but I just couldn't.  I don't even know where this came from but nothing I can do will bring me out except God.  You guys are right, all these books and sermons from these money hungry self-appointed guru's of Christianity, are Babylonish garbage that deceive our minds. 

You know, I see everone's point here and there's been some good ones.  Nobody, would like to have a merry heart right now more than I, but until God gives me one I won't have one.  I just can't conjure up one.  You would think someone that has been with the Lord as long as I have and has gone through has many trials as I have, would be able to know how to get out of it, but it's God working in me both to will and to do of His good pleasure.  I bet Paul had that thorn in his flesh till the day that he died.

" That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:" 1 Pet. 1:7.

God has been trying my faith, but my faith is more precious than gold because we live by the faith of the Son of God.  So even my faith belongs to God. 

Just when we think we have made a little progress, God humbles us, (excuse me while I dust off all this powder) and crushes us.  I know that it's for our good, but while your'e going through it, it doesn't feel good.

God is taking out our stoney hearts and giving us a heart of flesh (His heart).  It's really true what Ray says, the fruit of the Spirit is not a gift but rather something that's produced and except a grain of wheat fall to the ground and die, it cannot produce fruit.

You know, I feel a little better just confessing this to all of you.

Your brother,

Dwight

Redbird

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2007, 08:16:23 AM »

Hi Dwight,

Keep your EYES ON JESUS and this too shall pass! HE will SEE you through.

You are in my prayers.

Lisa
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 09:19:01 AM by Redbird »

YellowStone

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2007, 10:36:31 AM »

Dwight, you too are in my prayers.

While reading your post a much used Scripture came to mind. This whole thread has been about thinking positively and visualizing an outcome that is not only beneficial but beautiful as well. However, doing so will not and cannpt prevent trials and hardships along the way.

The Scripture that really fits, at least to me is Davids, Psalm 23. :)

Psa 23:1 The LORD [is] my shepherd; I shall not want.

Psa 23:2  He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

Psa 23:3  He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

Psa 23:4  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou [art] with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Psa 23:5  Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

Psa 23:6  Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

Yes, David knew that he would face trials and tribulations as he walked through his "valley of the shadow of death." I am sure that most here know exactly what he meant. :)

Though David faced such times, his faith and love for our God was with him always. He was able to see and feel Gods comfort and protection and I believe that his faith allowed him to visualize the "goodness" and "mercy" that God would provide him all through his life.

Take care my friend, there is so much to learn and I trust God that you will come out of your dark "valley" all the wiser and stronger because of it. :)

Brotherly Love in Christ,
Darren

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2007, 04:24:10 PM »

Hello Dwight

Your post was as a strengthening balm to my soul. Thank you.

Acts 14 : 22 Establishing and strengthening the souls and hearts of the disciples, urging and warning and encouraging them to stand firm in the faith, and telling them that it is through many hardships and tribulations we must enter the kingdom of God.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 04:43:30 PM by Arcturus »
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 20 queries.