bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: POSITIVE THINKING/VISUALIZATION  (Read 16603 times)

Robin

Re: POSITIVE THINKING/VISUALIZATION
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2007, 05:10:44 PM »

Thank you Dwight and thank you Jennie.

Jennie, I know that God has caused all in your life to drag you to him. You are one of a handful of called that are here with us today. I thank God that he dragged you here. You brighten up our days.

Dwight, I was reminded of this scripture after reading what you wrote. Sometimes we are giving all we have from our want and not from our abundance. We give what God has given us to give.

Mark 12

42And there came a certain poor widow, and she threw in two mites, which make a farthing.
43And he called unto him his disciples, and saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury:
44For all they did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living.

jennie

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2007, 09:19:43 PM »

Maybe because I am a country person, dragging makes me think of being pulled by the collar with gravels scraping your back. I think of God's open arms accepting me and loving me. Loving me.... imagine that! A kid/teen who was so low and felt so undeserving of god's love and acceptance. I pictured myself as something way, way low but God saw something different.

DWIGHT

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2007, 10:44:21 PM »

Lisa said, "Keep your EYES ON JESUS and this too shall pass! HE will SEE you through."

This reminds me of that chorus, "...turn your eyes upon Jesus....look full in His wonderful face....and the things of earth will grow strangely dim....in the light of His glory and grace.."  Oh Lord! cause us to keep our eyes only on you. 

"Psalms 27:4 - One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple."

Darren writes, "...there is so much to learn..."  Matt. 11:29, " Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls." 

Arcturus says, "..a strengthening balm to my soul.."  Again, another chorus comes to mind, "...it is well...it is well...with my soul..."

M.G.  "...sometimes we are giving all we have from our want and not from our abundance..."  " Psalms 37:11 - But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace."

Thank you all for your love and understanding; it really helps to walk with the Lord when we walk together.

In His mercy and peace,

Dwight   

Redbird

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2007, 10:22:28 AM »

Col 3: 16

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

I can almost hear the heavenly choir.  Beautiful.

Praise be to God.
Lisa

ciy

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2007, 07:51:21 PM »

Even when things are going extremely bad, you are to remember who you are and what is in store for you at the end of things. 

"Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.  Rejoice (jump up and down happy) , and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you." Matthew 5:11-12

Count it all joy.  Be anxious for nothing.  Whatever is of good report, think on such things.  God is working it all to good. 

CIY

gmik

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2007, 11:55:44 PM »

Wow.  I am blessed by this thread!!

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2007, 09:40:08 AM »

The Myth of "Free Will" Exposed - Part C

Excerpts:

This “experience of evil” is not the purpose or goal of human existence, but this is indeed the process by which God is bringing His Sons and Daughters into glory! Most translations have hidden the meaning of this verse of Scripture. The translations just couldn’t believe that God would do such a thing. They see it all around them. They see it in thousands of Scriptures, but they just couldn’t bring themselves to come right out and say it, as God obviously has stated in the original Hebrew of this verse.
“It is an EXPERIENCE of EVIL that God has given to the sons of humanity to HUMBLE them by it.”
And to this agrees the rest of Scripture:
“For ALL his days are SORROWS, and his travail [experience] GRIEF…”  (Ecc. 2:23).
The destiny of the human race is indeed GLORIOUS, but the journey is filled with evil and sorrow. This not to say that there are not many beautiful and good things in life, but for most the misery far far outweighs the pleasurable.
Do not be deceived: when Jesus said—“…I am come that they might have life and that they might have it more abundantly” (John 10:10), He was surely not speaking about this life, now, in the flesh! Contrary to the evil teachings of prosperity ministers, Jesus never promised us LARGER HOMES AND GREATER MATERIAL POSSESSIONS after we start following in His steps.
Jesus said that if we leave our parents, families, houses and possessions for His sake that we would receive a hundred fold of parents, families, houses and possessions NOW. But He was not speaking of receiving back NOW, these same PHYSICAL parents, families, and possessions, but rather the families and possessions we would receive NOW would be SPIRITUAL.
Does anyone really believe that if we leave our PHYSICAL PARENTS that He will give us another, different set of PHYSICAL PARENTS?   Well, yes, I guess there are those who are so spiritually ignorant that they might really believe that they will receive a brand new set of BIRTHING PARENTS to take the place of the ones they left.  However, the truth is: “…the words that I speak unto you, they are SPIRIT…” (John 6:63).
CLAY DOES NOT POSSESS SELF-DETERMINISM
“God is the Potter; we are the clay.” When will we ever humble ourselves and believe the Word of God? This is GOD’S metaphor, not mine. Clay does not possess the power to thwart the plans of the Potter. Yet Christians profess that they possess a power that can thwart the purpose of God, and they even go so far as to say that God Himself gave to them this God-thwarting power. Do some think that when they exercise their “free will” contrary to God’s purpose that maybe “THEY are the Potter and God is the clay?”
And so, God has “obscured” his heart from seeing and understanding this Spiritual Truth. It takes a supernatural revelation from God to “spiritually discern” this deepest of human mysteries. And it is for the very fact that it is from the very HEART of man that he presumes to take to himself a presumed power GREATER THAN GOD HIMSELF, that He will “PUNISH HIS [MAN’S] ARROGANT AND HAUGHTY HEART.”
We are “accountable” for what comes out of our arrogant heart, but God is “responsible” for giving us such an heart in the first place.
Ignorantly assuming that one has a “free will” is a sin for which God can grant repentance [NOW]. But is “Arrogantly” clinging to this idol of the heart after God has shown it to you in His Word is BLASPHEMY, which assuredly will be punished [LATER]!

For me visualisation techniques, feel good new age teachings and Christian doctrines all aim towards carnal objectives.They do not uncover the Kingdom of God and niether does Mystery Babylon teachings that use scriputre to endorse  errors and heresy. For me deceptive and erroneous teaching leads to self and not to the knowledge and comprehensive insight into the ways and thoughts of God because they do not show God, His way or His truths.

By contrast....the excerpts from LOF for me show clearly Gods ways and truths.  Elsewhere in the teachings on BT Ray discusses the ways of God regarding contrasts and also in the Mobil Conference Audio 2 contrasts is  also addressed.

Even having read it or heard it once or twice, I find it is not enough because each re-visit to Ray's teachings, reveals something else! ;D :D

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

DWIGHT

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2007, 02:34:49 AM »

Arcturus writes, "For me visualisation techniques, feel good new age teachings and Christian doctrines all aim towards carnal objectives."

How true!!  We were all taught that if we could just visualize being healthy, wealthy and wise, we would be.  They (the blind guides) took everything that was meant to be spiritual and turned it into physical.  The abundant life for them is big houses, cars, boats and everything that the world has....just don't worship them and you'll be okay!  If you just have enough faith, God will give all these things to you.

Yet, God says, "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Heb. 11:1.  If we would just see that what we can't see, in Christ, is eternal and everything that we can see (physically) is temporal, we would live the abundnant life.  Our real substance is in what we hope for. 

The trials, tribulations and testings of our faith is what's more precious than gold...that's what God is after in us.  Arcturus quoted Ray, "This experience of evil is not the purpose or goal of human existence, but this is indeed the process by which God is bringing His Sons and Daughters into glory."

Thank God we have a brother who has seen these truths and is able by God's mercy to show them to us.

In Him,

Dwight

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2007, 04:04:44 AM »

Thank you Dwight,

This Psalm came to me last night and I believe it adds to the theme in this thread!

Psalm 119 : 67 Before I was afflicted I went astray, but now Your Word do I keep, hearing, receiving, loving and obeying it. 71. It was GOOD FOR ME to be afflicted that I might LEARN your statutes. 75. I know O Lord, that your laws are righteous, and IN FAITHFULNESS YOU HAVE AFFLICTED ME.

Affliction is anathema to the carnal mind and flesh. It is foolishness

1 Cor 1 : 18 For the story and message of the cross is sheer absurdity and folly to those who are perishing and on their way to perdition, but to us who are being saved it is the manifestation of the power of God….
It is the necessary correction to wandering away from and loosing sight of  the ways and purposes of God making us His children.

Heb 12 : 8  So don’t feel sorry for yourselves. Or have you forgotten how good parents treat children, and that God regards you as HIS children? My dear child, don’t shrug off God’s discipline, but don’t be crushed by it either. It’s the child He loves that He disciplines; the child He embraces, He also corrects. (The Message Translation)

….how bad’s it been? Have you drawn blood yet? Treat these hassles like a good workout. God’s just being a dad. Every son knows how dads try and knockoff our rough edges. If he doesn’t bother, and they all do, then maybe you’re not his! We’ve all had human dads who’ve stood up to us and we’ve respected them for it later. So times that by a hundred to show how we’ve got to take in what our Spiritual Father says. Our dads did their best to knock us into shape, and God coaches us so we mi9ght stand out like He’s outstanding. I am not saying you’ll enjoy it! It’ll probably be a rough ride…… :D (The word on the street Translation)

Probably is an understatement ;D

Peace to you

iris

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2007, 11:05:50 AM »

This has been such a good thread.
It has really made me think!
Thank you!!!

Iris

SandyFla

« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2007, 04:25:41 PM »

The idea of positive thinking/visualization to get what you want sounds a lot like the "name it and claim it" crowd. The only twist is, "picture it and claim it."

Of course, without vision, the people perish (Proberbs 29:18). Without dreams we would get nowhere and do nothing. But the positive thinking/visualization ideology is more of a "magic formula" to get what you want.

Sandy

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2007, 04:58:41 PM »

Hello Sandy

Yes...you say :  But the positive thinking/visualization ideology is more of a "magic formula" to get what you want.

Yes again...to get what the flesh wants, what the eyes desire and what the pride of life craves!.....

Peace to you

YellowStone

« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2007, 01:34:37 AM »

My dear brothers and sisters, it saddens me to the heart for the lack of seemingly innocent faith towards the one who has created, holds and freely gives to all. :(

Luk 12:28 If then God so clothe the grass, which is to day in the field, and to morrow is cast into the oven; how much more [will he clothe] you, O ye of little faith?

Is this not something to be positive about, are we not to belive it, feel it, visualize it? For has not Christ himself stated!

Jhn 15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

How can one not be positive knowing that the one whom holds us all close and dearly to his heart has promised to care for us like a mother cares for a child. :)

Who really, truly believes that when they ask our Father for something that our needs will be answered? Or who like us, would step out onto water just as Peter did and promptly sink?

Mat 14:29  And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.

Mat 14:30  But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.

And what was Christs words to Peter, whom stumbled just like we?

Mat 14:31  And immediately Jesus stretched forth [his] hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?

Faith, he said unto Peter "thou of little faith"

What is Faith? Well it is something more than Peter had, but not something we should ever dissmiss as something childish. :)

Mat 17:20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

Mat 21:21 Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this [which is done] to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.

Am I the only one who believes that Peter could have walked on water had his faith by God been strong enough? Do any believe that a mountain could resist the power of our Heavenly Father through ones faith? I certainly do not. These are positive statements for us, His children. :)

I hear and read of so much doom and gloom in many of these threads, of how it is only going to get worse, etc. WHY? :)

Has not our Father promised that he will take care of his flock?

2Pe 3:9  The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

2Pe 3:10 ¶ But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

2Pe 3:11  [Seeing] then [that] all these things shall be dissolved, what manner [of persons] ought ye to be in [all] holy conversation and godliness,

2Pe 3:12  Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

2Pe 3:13  Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

2Pe 3:14 ¶ Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

Who dares stand up and say that this is not worth visualizing, that this is not a positive thought to carry in ones heart always??

Peter knew to look forward to such things, should not we also.

I find it very dishearting that this thread only focused on the "World" the same World that many here profess to have been dragged out of. Really!! Why then the incessant focus on the world and what it is doing.

Brothers and Sisters, I do not wish to offend any here; however, I do wish this to be as a wake up call.

Am I foolish for believing as David:

Psa 23:6  Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

What faith have I if I do not Believe this with all my heart, where is my faith if I do not visualize God at my side throughout any trials and tribulations that my life may encounter. For as David knew, so do I firmly believe:

Psa 23:4  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou [art] with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

If we keep the the two greatest commandments (according to Christ) who can imagine what God has in store for us? :)

Mar 12:30,31  And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this [is] the first commandment.  And the second [is] like, [namely] this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

I will close with this final Scripture that I firmly leaves no room for fear or negativity: :)

Rev 1:17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

I love you all my dear brothers and sisters. :)

In Christ,
Darren
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 01:45:09 AM by YellowStone »

iris

« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2007, 11:12:29 AM »

There has been this strangeness lately.
Who can see it?
Who can hear it?

1 John 2:15 Love not the world, neither the thing's that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

1 John 2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the
pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

Iris

jennie

« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2007, 12:44:44 PM »

Darren, I feel just as you do. I believe with my heart ,mind and soul the words spoken by Christ. If that is "positive visualization" then I guess I do it. When things are hard I do "visualize Jesus going with me through my hills and valleys. Jennie

YellowStone

« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2007, 04:41:03 PM »

Darren, I feel just as you do. I believe with my heart ,mind and soul the words spoken by Christ. If that is "positive visualization" then I guess I do it. When things are hard I do "visualize Jesus going with me through my hills and valleys. Jennie

:) :) :)  Thanks My Dear Sister Jennie,

If this is not what "Faith, Trust and Love" is all about then sadly I am very mistaken. NOT!!;)

How can there be room for negativity and gloom when we know, understand, believe and most importantly "feel" God with oneself and in oneself. :)

I am so glad that I am not the only one here who visualizes like this.

Much love to you my Sister, :}

Your Brother in Christ,
Darren
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 04:41:26 PM by YellowStone »

Robin

« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2007, 04:45:40 PM »

My brother was born with a rare heart condition. He was only one of two to survive the condition in his time. I was young and at home when my parents went through it all with him at the hospital.

Fast forward to my daughter when she was six months old. She got e-coli and had a grand-mal seizure and stopped breathing when I was standing there. Her heart stopped and she was dying. She was code blue. Everyone rushed in and I left the room when I could no longer stand there and watch. I was only 18 years old.

My mother rushed to the hospital and took me to the little hospital chapel. She told me the story about my brother being so close to death. She said she didn't know what to pray and remembered the bible story about the woman touching Christ's garment and being healed. She told me to tug on Christ's robe. We both sat there tugging. I had so much grief and anxiety I couldn't speak, but I could tug. My daughter lived and I learned a lesson in faith that day.

Fast forward. My granddaughter was born with pneumonia. We had been up all night through labor. We were all exhausted. She survived one day and then the nurse and the doctor came in and told us there was no hope. She was not going to make it. I went down to the little heated outdoor room and once again was so tired and so distraught that I didn't have words. I remember sitting there telling God that I just didn't have words to pray. Then suddenly the thought came to me "tug on my robe". I felt instant joy. I knew that God was telling me that my granddaughter would be ok. I ran up to tell the kids that she was going to be ok and the nurse walked in and told us she didn't know why, but my granddaughter took a turn for the better and she was fighting again.

I can remember visualizing this and remember my hearts expression to God through this. I was making my request known even though I knew that God could make any decision he wanted to concerning their lives. God led me to pray in this manner when I could not speak or think words of prayer.

Sometimes when my little family are being tormented by trials I will often be led to proclaim who God is and praise him for who he is and stand in faith through the trials when my faith is being attacked.

Ephesians 3:19-21
19And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.
20Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
21Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

I think this is all very different from using our positive thoughts to create something different in our lives. This is the false teaching that we are the God of our lives and we have power through our thoughts to change our future or create our future. It's the same with the way they use visualization. To create our own future. To create our own faith. To think positive is to create a positive outcome. That God only wants good for us and we can receive all that good through praise, positive thoughts, visualization or even prayer. I know people who spend the end of the year cutting out pictures from magazines of everything they expect in the next year. They call them mantras. They do not believe that God is sovereign and that he causes all things in our lives.

2 Corinthians 10:4-6
4(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
5Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
6And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2007, 04:49:13 PM »

Darren,

Awesome, awesome post.  Thanks for bringing a <grins> positive outlook to this thread.  This thread is getting to be very deep and hard to read.  Your post is well needed, thanks for posting it.

I know that even though I am called out of the world, I still feel it tugging at me.  This post is going to be a blessing in my life, thanks.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

YellowStone

« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2007, 05:07:52 PM »

M.G. wrote:

I think this is all very different from using our positive thoughts to create something different in our lives. This is the false teaching that we are the God of our lives and we have power through our thoughts to change our future or create our future. It's the same with the way they use visualization. To create our own future.

M.G. What an amazing post :) Your stories of true faith is very inspiring and should serve as an example to us all.

I highlighted the above text, because I want to say that you are right: "it is very different" but it is also remarkably similiar too. The unseen difference is "faith" or lack of it in the one who matters most.

I would never agree to the teaching that we are incontrol of our lives; for our life is not truly ours for we are in him, each and everyone of us, believer and nonbeliever alike. We have no free will. :)However, with prayer, "asking" (even with words unsaid) :) and uncompromised faith, God can change our circumstances in an instant and does often!!! 

Your post is a testament to this and I could add several too as I am sure here could as well.

I never pray that "I don't want what you don't want, so please God, let your will be done!" :)

Where is the faith in a prayer like this. We have to "feel and visualize" the outcome we desire and then pray to God and tell him what we "need" him to do for us, finishing of course with, "if it is your will to do so". Of course I am not saying it always works, but then it has never not worked when I needed God the most.

Our prayers requesting help from God should never be half-hearted, for he reads the heart more than he here's the words.

That God is with you is clear to see M.G. :)

Your brother in Christ,
Darren
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 05:36:14 PM by YellowStone »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2007, 05:41:30 PM »

MG

thank you for sharing your inspired "tug" that blessed you and your family. Truly a word of God to you that touched my heart too.

In reading your experience, my mind returned to  the teaching PRAYING BY GODS RULES by Ray where it says

"If you always pray, "not as I will, but as Thou will," all of your prayers will be answered too. Whether you always get what you desire or you don't get what you desiere, if your greatest desire of all desires is for "THY WILL be done," then you can rest assured that from this day forward, all of your prayers will be answered always.

I have begun to do this and it is wonderful!  I am beginning to feel great peace from this and it is just the beginning...........

Peace to you

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 20 queries.