bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: POSITIVE THINKING/VISUALIZATION  (Read 16984 times)

PKnowler

Re: POSITIVE THINKING/VISUALIZATION
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2007, 02:09:19 PM »

Hey M.G.,

Thank you for sharing a little of your testimony regarding situations affecting three generations of your family. Wow, that would be tough! (I freak out when my children cry hard and don't breathe for a few seconds and their lips star turning blue.)

It is interesting how things can repeat like that in families. I've noticed that as my children have grown that they have gone through some of the same trials, struggles, and weaknesses that I have. Both my mother and I have had full term stillborn babies.
All of us are tested by trials. I love the example of how God turned the situation around and gave you peace by visualizing tugging at his robe. It reminds me of the scripture:

Philippians 4:6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;  7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

I can see where visualizing the prayer would be especially needful when you are heartbroken and lost for words.
Praise God! He answered your families prayers for your precious children! Even when things look hopeless - He is our Hope!

Bless you!  :)
~Paula

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2007, 03:00:11 PM »

Hello rj

I thoroughly  enjoy seeing the Sovereignty of God shine through! You wrote : the only way Peter could have walked on water that day is if it had been God's plan nothing Peter could have done would have change that, just the way i see God's sovereignty

After reading this delightful truth, (the only way I can see because I am in God's plan!  :D)  the thought came to me (caused response )that Peters walk on water is what happened literally then and it is meant to teach us something spiritual not literal, now! If not then somewill all be testing their skill at trying to walk over the swimming pool surface....not in winter time when it is iced over either. :D....

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

YellowStone

« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2007, 03:19:07 PM »

RJ wrote:

You asked....Am I the only one who believes that Peter could have walked on water had his faith by God been strong enough? Do any believe that a mountain could resist the power of our Heavenly Father through ones faith? I certainly do not. These are positive statements for us, His children.

Maybe we are saying the same thing not sure,  but the way i see it the only way Peter could have walked on water that day is if it had been God's plan nothing Peter could have done would have change that, just the way i see God's sovereignty
[/color]

We are on the same Page RJ :)

I was very careful to say: "Peter could have walked on water had his faith by God been strong enough"

What you say is true, Peter could not have walked on the water had God not given him faith enough to do so.

However, there is a truth here that must not be overlooked. Peter did have faith enough (by God) to take a few steps. :)

Mat 14:29  And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.

Thanks for your reply :)

All is of God
Darren
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 03:21:20 PM by YellowStone »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2007, 04:57:01 PM »

rj

I have just now read this scripture and your testimony to the Sovereignty of God came back to mind. So I think this scripture will speak to you and is for you words of joy and peace and His love.

How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him who brings good tidings, who publishes peace, who brings good tidings of good, who publishes salvation, who says to Zion, Your God reigns! Is 52 : 7

.......for me all recollection of Gods Sovereingty is good news and good tidings! HE, our Sovereign God is coming again and we will meet HIM!

Peace to you

« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 04:58:05 PM by Arcturus »

rj

« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2007, 12:12:47 PM »

Arcturus

Thanks for the kinds words. I always look forward to reading your post, they seem to be what the doctor ordered for the day..... :)

rj

DWIGHT

« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2007, 02:44:13 AM »

RJ,

I think she is a doctor! ;)

Dwight

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2007, 04:22:30 AM »

I love you both........

What I am is world weary..........and the balm of Christ through you both is healing for my soul

Peace to you

« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 04:45:44 AM by Arcturus »
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 20 queries.