bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm changing my name this year  (Read 9724 times)

rrammfcitktturjsp

I'm changing my name this year
« on: February 21, 2007, 11:45:58 AM »

To All,

It is with great excitement and pleasure am announcing that I am changing my name this year, my legal name.  I am married but have not taken on my husband's name becuase I would only have to change it later. 

My new name is changing to RhiAnne Michaela Moynihan-Flippin.  There is a wonderful story that goes along with why I am changing my name and I will share it later.  I have held back until God has prompted me to change it, but with the new freedom I am finding and the past is being broken from me, so that I can run heavenward to the prize, I have been prompted to change this name.

It is a truly God given name, for the way it was picked out was by prayer and much love and sacrifice.  RhiAnne was picked out by a dear good friend of mine, whom I consider my informally adoptive parent.  RhiAnne means "Little Ruler."  Michaela, was picked out by me, becuase I was trying to find a middle name that would go with the first and last name.  Michaele means "who is like God." and Moynihan that is the family who graciously took me in after my last stint with paganism and started my weary feet down to where I am.  They graciously gave me their last name and with it their family ring.  I am truly blessed.  Moynihan means "shepherd, oh one who guides the flock."  It took me quite a while to find out what the Moynihan name meant, but when I found it out, I was astounded. For this name represents stirrings in my heart for guiding people and teaching them through my music.  It is a God given name.

As to what Flippin means, I am not sure.  All I know is that it is a Frenchman.  I find out that whatever it means will not destroy the meaning, becuase I remember avdily swearing up and down I would never marry a Frenchman, and guess what??????  I did.  I did not find out about this until some time after the wedding when I was trying to find out what Flippin means.  It derives from the French Phillpe, and as to what it means, I am still chasing after that.

David-Lee will carry down both last names, for his last name is hyphenated, becuase my wonderfully "informally" adoptive parents never had any boys.  And I did not want the name to die out.  I am pleased that the name will be passed down, and something that they said would never happen has happened.

Is not God so great and awesome?  I feel like falling on my face and weeping tears of thankfulness that he has called me to be where I am, and that he will not leave me alone.  That he gave me the Forum and those in it to fellowship.  That he gave Susan and her family to our family and has allowed us both the live in Lubbock Texas.  That I have a great and healthy little boy who is the darling of everyone who meets him.  That I can grow and continue to learn my music and that I am beginning to be able to compose and write them down.  That my dear husband is employed and loves to work.  That I have a slow pentium 1 that runs Windows XP that allows me access to the Internet.  That we have an apratment, even though it leaks and stuff, but it is a home.  I cannot continue, becuase I am crying and cannot see the computer screen through the tears.  I love you all.

I do not know what put me in this frame of mine to post today, but I am thankful for it.  God bless you all.

SIncerely,

Anne C. McGuire

longhorn

Re: I'm changing my name this year
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 12:12:42 PM »

Funny you should mention a name change Anne.  Just yesterday I was digging through some old boxes and I found my original Birth Certificate.  I have to go to the court house here in just a minute to have my Drivers Licesnse and Passport changed from Longhorn to... Sir Walton Charlston-Fredrikson Chavez-O'Sullivan Mcdooglehiser. 

Longhorn

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 12:14:12 PM »

Longhorn,

Mcdoogleheiser????  Now that's a good one.  I am going to call McDougal up here that name.  I think that is funny.   ;D

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

gmik

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 02:11:03 PM »

;D ;D ;D

So, you are German, Scottish, Irish, English, and Hispanic!  Cool.  Can we just call you Sir Wally??

hebrewroots98

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 11:07:26 PM »

Hey there "little ruler who is like God, Phillip/(David)" ;)......or AKA

"Anne who teaches others' of His Truths, especially David" :D

NOW THAT IS BEFITTING OF YOU :D

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2007, 11:29:40 PM »

Susan,

My dear sister, you forgot the Moynihan part  ;D.  Your comment was very sweet.  Thanks.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

hebrewroots98

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2007, 04:41:22 AM »

sorry dear!
the little ruler who is like God, who guides the flock, Phillip/David;

AKA

"Anne, the short woman who is Godly b/c she teaches others, she especially teaches baby David (and David Sr. at times") ;) ;D

I've got you pegged now! ;) :o

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2007, 04:43:11 AM »

Susan,

Yep, I am pegged now.  I am up becuase I am sore from lying in bed yesterday.  Hopefully the pain will subside and I can go to sleep.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

PKnowler

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2007, 03:31:41 PM »

OK, so I want to know what your old name was.  ???

~Paula

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2007, 03:35:55 PM »

Paula,

The old name is the one that I always sign off with.

Sincerely,

"Anne C. McGuire"

Now before asking me what my middle name was, I will give the usual disclaimer, you have to guess what it is.

ACM

PKnowler

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2007, 06:58:49 PM »

Of course I meant your old middle name!  ;)  :D

Guess?.......Never mind. I'm confused enough already.  :D  :D  LOL

C. is good! :D LOL

Bless ya!
~Paula

Redbird

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2007, 07:40:39 PM »

Hi Anne,

Ya know, Anne is a beautiful name also - it is formed from Hannah, and in Hebrew, means "favour or grace".

Blessings, Lisa

« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 07:41:17 PM by Redbird »

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2007, 07:42:23 PM »

Lisa,

Yes it is.  It shall still be a nickname that I will go by.  It is hard to let go sometimes.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

rick

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2007, 09:31:32 PM »

I wish sometimes I could Change my name.........Richard Edward Cheatham Junior.....do you know how hard it is to find a mailbox that will fit on??? just kidding anne.....good for you!!!!!

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2007, 10:50:34 PM »

Rick,

Yes that would be very hard to fit that.  My poor son, I can barely if not at all fit his name into things, David-Lee Patrick Moynihan-Flippin Jr.  LOL

We are cursing everyone around here with long names LOL.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

SandyFla

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2007, 05:59:40 PM »

Good for you, Anne!

One of these days I'm going to change my name. I always have to spell my surname, and everyone mispronounces it. When my father dies, I'm taking my mother's maiden name - Carson.

Sandy

gmik

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2007, 06:16:53 PM »

I dunno.  I thought Fla was pretty easy to pronounce!!!! ;D

Just teasing ya.

hebrewroots98

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2007, 06:41:48 PM »

cute Gena! ;) ;D

gmik

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2007, 06:50:37 PM »

Susan, I am at school.  Its 5:00 and I am b o r e d......Conferences!!!  I have to be here till 8:00

I have had some great ones and I always like them but they are scheduled so haphazardly that I have lots of down time.  So here I am.

Only thing I can't do smilies from school!!! >:(

hebrewroots98

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2007, 07:00:41 PM »

Gena, I always look forward to hearing from you.  You are sweet, to the point and have a humor such as mine...maybe that's why i can relate to you so well ;D  I don't blame you a bit for getting onthe forum to break up the monotony!  You've had a long day! ::)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 17 queries.