bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Greetings everyone!  (Read 5192 times)

RTA

Greetings everyone!
« on: February 21, 2007, 05:42:46 PM »

Greetings everyone!

I'm new here on this forum, though on the internet I choose to keep my personal data personal, I would like to introduce myself with that in mind, anyway!
The Bible-Truth website "just" crossed my path some time ago and I was very excited to read the writings of mr. Ray Smith. I see everyone just call him "Ray" or "Smith", etc. Alike the way he writes himself, so for now on I'll say, when I point out to the author of the writings of Bible-Truth, "Ray"/"Ray smith" without the mr. etc... if that's okay.
Now, I don't believe things happen by chance, so I don't believe that Bible-Truth crossing my path is too!
Now I would like to say something about where I "come from": something about the past (+/-11)years uptill now.
Before the moment I came to faith(that is, faith came to me) I was pretty deep involved into occultism; it would take a too long story for now to write about details, but it was a serious studying of what we know under "occultism", meditation, practises to depart out of my body and do so-called "astral journeys" etc, till even possesion. Untill that day, no...that very moment, when I came to read a verse from Tenach("Old Testament") from the book Daniel(to read from a Bible would never come up in my mind, but G'd be praised He made so happen!) I was shown where I stood and I underwent this consuming fire Ray speaks of...Terrifying but really washing away, a mikveh in Fire!... after that I was ofcourse very hungry for the Word; and as I had no people to share in-depth the things(spiritual struggle) I was going through I found strength in reading Scripture, prayer and vasting(I did not know personally anything about vasting, praying, etc. but it all came to me in a way very naturally)...
Though as a youth I was taken to Catholic churches, etc. I never learned what Scripture has to say from inside out. Very soon if not immediatly I found out I had not to go to any of these institutionalized churches...though in my journeys through the years I did attend to some churches in search for brothership, etc. and did meet beautiful people of whom I did learn too, etc. As I followed my way I also got stuck by certain so-called "Christian beliefs". But they turned out "Christianity's beliefs"... after a couple of years G'd pulled my interest into Judaism, and therewith Jewish tradition. There I came to understand many errs from what I found in christianity's beliefs; on salvation, sin/the fall, judgement, etc. The many errs by mistranslation and (therewith) interpretation, etc... the almost total lack of understanding about the Hebrew mind-set which underlays both Tenach("Old Testament") and the New Covenant(the B'rit Chadasha; the "New Testament"). I came to read and understand many things about the spiritual meaning of what Scripture has to say to each human being. About the Way Back to G'd and the Plan/Desire of redemption for the whole of creation embedded in the very structure and pattern of the Bible. A Plan and Desire which He will accomplish... and some time ago I came across this great website called Bible-Truth, and I find there so much of understanding of Scripture too, in plain logic and sound-minded language... And I am very joyfull and excited(a good thing besides, to feel  when we experience Truth entering our consciousness!) to read, share, exchange and reason along thoughts, views, questions, etc... with every one interested. I'm looking forward to it.

So, again:   greetings everyone!

RTA.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 05:46:24 PM by RTA »

LittleBear

Re: Greetings everyone!
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 06:03:09 PM »

Hi RTA and everyone!

I'm a new member too. I notice we are on at the same time, RTA. Wow.
I'm not very computer savvy, so I'm sure I will make a few mistakes. I've never been on a forum before.

I've beeen reading the posts on this forum for a few weeks now and everyone seems so nice. I started off being Catholic, (No choice, just born into it) then went into Pentacostalism, then into a no name cult, then Baptist, then Presbyterian, then Church of the Nazarene, then Presbyterian again. A couple of years ago I got fed up with it all, and I stopped going to church. I thank God He took me out of it all. But I went through a lot of turmoil probably as most of you did at some point.

I read Ray's writings and it was wonderful. I couldn't stop reading and things that didn't make sense before became so clear. A lot of personal testings started happening in the last couple of years, but God saw me through it all, and all I could do was press closer to Him. It's been great reading your postings, and I feel like I know a lot of you already.

God bless you all,

Ursula

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 07:11:03 PM »

RTA,

So good to see you on the forum.  Nice to see you here.  Welcome formally.

Ursula,

Welcome to the forum. 

To both of you,

It is always a good thing when new comers come into the forum.  I am excited to get to know you all.  Blessings on both of You and Yours.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Kat

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 10:56:59 PM »

Hi RTA,

Well you have experienced quite a lot. 
I hope you find that the Truth will set you free from all those false teachings.

Joh 8:31  So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed in him, "If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples,
Joh 8:32  and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

The fellowship and the help you seek is here, so come on in and join us.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

Kat

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 11:01:43 PM »

Hi Ursula,

I see you have been through quite a few churches in your search for the truth  :)
As you now know, you won't find it there.
I am glad you have come to the forum.
I hope you will ask questions and the fellowship is a wonderful to have, since most don't know any in their area to share this truth with.

mercy, peace,a nd love
Kat

gmik

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2007, 11:06:43 PM »

RTA-  Great testimony.  How awesome our God is.  I am so glad He led you to us!!!  Looking forward to your posts.

Ursula- Your testimony rings w/ alot of us.  Thru so many denominations etc... It is always so great to hear how people react to reading Rays material.  It changed my life--still is.

Both of you- jump in and don't be shy.  We become old friends quick here!!!!

DWIGHT

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2007, 01:15:53 AM »

Hi RTA and Ursula,

I welcome both of you in the name of Jesus.  Looking foward to your fellowship.

Your brother in Christ,

Dwight

Robin

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2007, 02:03:33 AM »

Welcome RTA and Ursula.

I'm glad you both found your way here.

Finding this site was one of the miracles in my life.

I thank God that we are all here.

iris

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2007, 09:22:53 AM »

Hi RTA and Ursula,

Welcome to the forum!!!  :)

Don't worry about not being computer savvy.
There are lots here that are, and will be happy
to help you in anyway they can.

Everyone here is so loving.

Iris

RTA

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2007, 10:08:44 AM »

Thanks Iris, M.G., Dwight, Gmik, Rrammfcitktturjsp, LittleBear; It's good to know being welcome!

Hi RTA,

Well you have experienced quite a lot. 
I hope you find that the Truth will set you free from all those false teachings.

Joh 8:31  So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed in him, "If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples,
Joh 8:32  and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

The fellowship and the help you seek is here, so come on in and join us.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

All about what I've told about my involvement into occultism, and after that, the diffrent churches/"denominations" within Christianity I've attended are passed "stations". So, yes, the Truth did set me free and still does, more and more...

... thanks for inviting me to join the forum too, Kat!

Redbird

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2007, 11:23:32 AM »

Dear RTA and LittleBear (I love that),

It seems like we all had to go thru "several churches" to get here.  You both are so WELCOME TO THE FORUM.

Blessings,
Lisa
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 11:24:52 AM by Redbird »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.