bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help! Can't view on You Tube!  (Read 4887 times)

snorky

Help! Can't view on You Tube!
« on: February 21, 2007, 06:57:49 PM »

Now that I have broadband I'd like to see those crazy You Tube videos that folks post links to on here now and then, but I keep getting errors messages such as:

" Hey either you have javascript turned off or an old version of Macromedia Flash Player" Well, I just downloaded flash player 9 or whatever the latest version is, and as far as I know I have javascript on. How do I tell if I have javascript on or not?

Deb aka snorky

rrammfcitktturjsp

Re: Help! Can't view on You Tube!
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 07:18:46 PM »

Snorky,

In your menu bar, it will show a cofee cup in the hidden icons stuff.  Do you see it?  If not, open the start menu and click on search and search for all files with java in it or javascript.  If it does not bring up anything, then you do not have it.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

gmik

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 11:30:58 PM »

Deb, try just google search for YouTube and go to the home site.  You really don't need to use the links on the posts.

snorky

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 02:06:52 AM »

Ann:

You said, " In your menu bar, it will show a cofee cup in the hidden icons stuff.  Do you see it?  If not, open the start menu and click on search and search for all files with java in it or javascript.  If it does not bring up anything, then you do not have it."

What hidden icons? (I am using IE 7.0 or whatever the latest version is) And I did find 3 files or folders labled "Javascript" and have the "Sun Java console" whatever that is. Do I need to download another kind of javascript?

Deb aka snorky

Robin

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 03:19:17 AM »

Hi Deb,

You might try downloading the latest java software. That usually helps me when mine stops working.

http://www.java.com/en/download/windows_ie.jsp

SYMPTOMS

Applets do not run.

CAUSE

Java Runtime Environment (JRE) is not enabled in the web browser. If the JRE is already installed but applets do not work, you may need to enable the JRE through your web browser.

SOLUTION

Please follow these instructions to enable the Sun JRE though your Web browser:

Internet Explorer 4.x and Up

1 Click "Tools" --> "Internet Options"
2 Select the Advanced Tab, and scroll down to "Java (Sun)"
3 Check the box next to the "Use Java 2" version
4 Next, select the Security Tab, and select the "Custom Level" button
5 Scroll down to "Scripting of Java applets"
6 Make sure the "Enable" radio button is checked.
7 Click OK to save your preference.

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 01:52:37 PM »

Snorky,

No, I would not think so.  The hidden icons are in the blue bar that is the menu bar for all of Windows.  Go to the right of the bat and you will see the time, and then an <, click on that and it will say show hidden icons.  Usually when a program is running in the background, it will hide that icon.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

snorky

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2007, 01:43:51 AM »

Turns out it isn't a javascript issue...I thought I had Flash Player, but I don't! For some reason it didn't download (though the site said it did). May be a security issue.- I think IE Install Shield (which I got with my new broadband service) is blocking the installation, and it seems to be blocking any attempt I make to turn this Install Shield off.-Deb
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 17 queries.