bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: finally....  (Read 6172 times)

hebrewroots98

finally....
« on: February 22, 2007, 08:20:39 PM »

Hello friends,
Our attorney FINALLY filed today with the court on this very last day before the statute of limitations runs out today!  I could hardly believe how the attny had until LITERALLY...  THE VERY LAST HOUR OF THE VERY LAST DAY to file,  on this 2 yr anniversary date...yep 2 yrs today I almost lost the love of my life!  God is amazing me more and more every day; whereas on the other end of the spectrum, humans are disappointing me more and more everyday (NOT YOU ALL THOUGHT...THANK YOU!)!.  Thank you for your prayers and now it is a waiting game, which he said could go on for 3 to four yrs at the most, but probably not! 

y'all are on my heart!

rrammfcitktturjsp

Re: finally....
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 08:22:42 PM »

<walks in and sits down and talks>

Susan,

I am so glad for you.  That was very encouraging.  I am on the phone while typing this reply.  I am so excited for you and your husband.  I will keep you in my prayers.  There are perks living in Lubbock with you, I get to find out the good news first.   ;D

Take care. and get some rest.  I will.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

longhorn

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 08:46:23 PM »

Sounds like good news.   Except for the fact yall have to live in Lubbock.   ;D

Longhorn

DWIGHT

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 08:52:05 PM »

Susan,

This is really good news.  I hope and pray for both of you and I know the Lord is in control.

In Him,

Dwight,

P.S.  Longhorn, is Lubbock really that bad? ::)

sansmile

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • my beautiful grandchildren
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 09:03:51 PM »

God is good

:)
Walk in the Spirit

PKnowler

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 10:25:14 PM »

Hey Susan,

That is good news! I don't understand your attorney waiting so long to file but at least he got it in before the deadline.
I pray it won't be too long of a wait and that you and your husband will get just compensation.

Bless you!  :)
~Paula
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 10:26:33 PM by PKnowler »

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2007, 12:44:02 AM »

Paula,

Nice pic, I like that one the best.   :)  I still cannot bring myself to change mine.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

PKnowler

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2007, 01:37:11 AM »

Thanks Anne!  :) It's amazing how a miniature picture hides flaws.  ;D  ;D

Yeah you should show us your pretty face and quit hiding behind your baby.  :D

Com' on you can always change it back if you get scared. :o he he  :D

Bless you!
~Paula

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2007, 08:32:51 AM »

Paula,

<bows> If you would indulge me to quote on of my favorite writers  ;)

"Paula,

I think it is time to change my pic as my son does not look like that anymore, but I do not want to let it go becuase well it has the notebooks in it that Susan let us borrow when we were coming into the Truth.  And, my son was to dang cute.

So please peoples, I would love to see what you all look like. Paula, glad you put your pic up too.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

p.s. - This is not a beuty pagent, becuase well I would win by default becuase of my son LOL, no one will judge, and I am most curious to see what everyone looks like.

ACM"

Might I point that this was written February 13, 2007?   :D

It is for sentimental reasons that pic does not change, though I should.  I changed the one on messenger, but it is changing back as I grew too attached to my original pics.  Perhaps, I will shrink them down and give you peoples another pic that is posted in the file.

Nothing like a little peer pressure.  Also with the curren pic, There are 2 "pretty faces" for the price of one.  Come on down, the Price is Right.   :D

Have a great and blessed day Puala and all.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

hebrewroots98

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2007, 09:49:08 AM »

Thank you all for your encouraging words! 

Paula, out Attny has three dif offices (Dallas, Austin and Lubbock...he is way too busy ;))I had called yesterday morning and the girl told me that he was on his way to file it then.  Then I called at 4pm and a dif girl told me that the atty was at the courthouse currently filing it!...lol).  I am just thankful that he did not let the ball drop!

Darren. I'm sure that Longhorn has been to Lubbock, B/C YOU CAN'T KNOW HOW BAD IT CAN BE HERE IN LUBBOCK UNLESS YOU'VE BEEN HERE........IT IS THAT BAD...(especially during the windy and dirt blowing season/spring time.....as far as any type of nature adventures around here...well, you must go about three hours in any direction to get outdoor beauty and adventure! ;)....BORING!!!...BUT, YA GOTTA LUV IT HERE TOO...it's one of those love/hate relationships being here!

gmik

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2007, 11:48:07 PM »

Careful Susan, they charge you for every phone call you make to their office!  We learned the hard way.  When we got our money there was precious little and his bill was huge.  50$ everytime I thought of something and called.  I shouldve waited and been patient.  So check it out but be sure.  I pleaded...but we didn't know.  He said it caused someone to do some work in the office!!!

hebrewroots98

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2007, 12:04:17 AM »

Gena,
Thank you so much for that info.; we are new at this and it can be nerve racking at times.  I will have to check it out and ask next time I hear from them.  DH said that there was no disclosure statement that was ever made stating that , if infact he is charging for these phone calls.  I sure hope that he hasn't done this to us...but, if he has, then it would make sense as to why he has waited so long before doing something with our case ;)  Your wisdom and experience is appreciated!

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2007, 11:38:49 AM »

Gena,

Wow 50 dollars to call the office.  Hmmmm that's amazing.  I guess it is work, but I would not think it caused too much strain on the person taking the call, unless it was <smiles at Susan> one of those marathon calls we have.   ;D

SIncerely,

Anne C. McGuire

gmik

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2007, 02:56:19 PM »

Anne, what the lawyer said, was, she has to answer the phone, get up and look up your files, if she can't find the answer she has to contact him, then comeback and speak.

The sad thing is that gal is probably getting $7 bucks an hour and he is getting the bulk of it!!

Thats why you can't find many people who have nice things to say about em!!!

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2007, 03:00:40 PM »

Gena,

Now I understand.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Patrick

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2007, 09:48:05 PM »

Lubbock is bad.
How bad is it?
Why it's so bad, Mac Davis wrote a song about it.

Happiness is Lubbock, TX. in my rear view mirror.

hebrewroots98

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2007, 12:53:17 AM »

Ha, that's funny Patrick!  You've been here and you know and are a witness; so listen to him everyone :D

Were we on the National Weather Channel today?  If not, we missed a grat chance.  We had winds up to about 60 mph...WITH BROWN DIRT MIXED IN WITH THE WIND!  THERE WAS A RED FLAG ALERT ON ALL DAY AND IT WILL be the same tomorrow.  The visibility was about less than an eight of a mile!  There was a BROWN OUT all over this area today as well. 

HA,  of all of the field trips that we could go on  today, we had scheduled...you guessed it...THE WINDMILL MUSEUM   ;D :o

Yes, between the Dixie Chicks and Mac Davis, we are...not popular out here ;)

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2007, 01:42:11 AM »

Susan and Patrick,

If you look at the final lines of Happiness is Lubbock in my Rear View mirror, the final lines go something like this.

Happiness is Lubbock Texas growing nearer and dearer.
  And the last line, says You can bury me in Lubbock Texas in my jeans.

Lubbock is a hate-love relationship.  I can not imagine being happy any where else.  Lubbock is home sweet home.  I love Lubbock so much that when I leave the population sign, then I get homesick and nearly flip summersualts when I see it ahead.

Please understand that the song is so much more than hating or disliking Lubbock.  I used to think that it was a shallow song, but it is a song of growth and transitions.

I love Lubbock, and I stand for it as well as the Mighty Football Team of Texas Tech.   ;D  Go Red Raiders.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Patrick

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2007, 10:42:55 AM »

Anne, that's fine that you love Lubbock; myself, I think it stinks, just like the Mac Davis song.
I have many bad memories involving Lubbock, and I have no desire to ever go there again.

Susan, during my wild days, we would often drive up to Lubbock and go honky tonkin; most of the time it would be dancing to the music of the Maines Brothers Band (Natalie's family) or Joe Ely.
There is lots of country music roots in my family (W. Lee "Pappy" O'Daniel, Bob Wills, Hoyle Nix), then I heard my first ZZ Top song, and have not listened to C & W since.

hebrewroots98

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2007, 11:06:53 AM »

That's funny Patrick...Lubbock is rather uneventful compared to big cities fo course, but, Lubbock was where God brought me AFTER I had given up my party life.   I can honestly say that I have been here in Lubbock for 27yrs (minus 5 in the Military away from Lubbock,) and I personally have never been in a bar to drink (thats 22 yrs now :D)...I also started out not liking country music at all, but, it grows on ya, especially marrying a Lubbockite.  But I grew up in my high School years in listening to rock and roll in Cleveland, Ohio area (where the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is.)   I really have no problem with a little drink and a little music every now and then.  (I have not been drunk for about 27 yrs PTL :o)  (Not that I hadn't wanted to on rough occassions ;)   None the less, I am where GOD has me and until that changes, well, Ill just have to drive on....   
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 23 queries.