bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: HELL (THROUGH THE EYES OF A 5 YR OLD TODAY)  (Read 10484 times)

SandyFla

Re: HELL (THROUGH THE EYES OF A 5 YR OLD TODAY)
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2007, 04:00:30 PM »

Thank you Chris R

It is wisdom in the inmost heart....to know....to comprehend....to come to the knowledge of God's ways... and to  percieve the purpose of God is that : We must all be deceived for a season, We must all leave our first love, We must all have this contrast, ...if not what will we be saved from?

This reminds me of something the Amish do. Around age 16-18, they participate in "rumschpringe," where they leave home and are encouraged to try every and any sin possible. That way, they have something from which to be be "saved" and much for which to be forgiven. After all, those who are forgiven much will love God more than those who have been forgiven little (Luke 7:47). The more they sin, the more they will love God.

Sandy

hebrewroots98

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2007, 08:07:28 PM »

I sure didn't realize that the Amish sect does this to their pre-adult kids!  I would think that talking to them and teaching them and showing them others that are living in sin would be enough for them to see and to learn from, but not by helping them to indulge in their fleshly lusts; b/c then the blood wil be on the parents hands since they set up their kids to do those sinful things!  Then the parents would need to repent.  I think they can learn enough of how beastly they  (we) really are on a daily basis by not even trying to sin, as it happens naturally...that is something for them to be able to repent for instead of going out and intentionally sinning.  Just my thoughts on it. ;)

SandyFla

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2007, 03:35:52 PM »

You're right.

Also, if you'd ask them what would happen to their children if they died during rumspringa, they'll tell you that they'd go to hell. Of course, we know that's not true, but for those who believe it, what a dangerous setup!

For more info on rumspringa, go to:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rumspringa

Sandy

hebrewroots98

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2007, 07:22:40 PM »

Sandy, I read that article, now that is something else!  I had never heardof it, thaks for sharing, I may rent the video if it is out.  (There is actually a place called INTERCOURSE, PENNSYLVANIA?? ::)  Oh boy!  When I lived in Ohio, there were huge land mass areas of these Amish near where we lived; I wonder if the girl that was in the Military was from here...she died her hair black after cutting it; wore skin tight clothing; hung out with the wrong crowd and went nuts with partying.  She had never had ele thctricity so the lights just set her off, she loved it!  She had no reality of what life in the real world was like.  She was too gullable and the guys took advantage of her; she ended up pregnant...even though she was married to a senior citazen that her family had pre arranged for her ???...how cruel to do this to your kids and to not tell your kids of what is in the real world and then let them fall flat on their faces like this!

([tr][/tr]Sorry for the tangint.)

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2007, 09:29:37 PM »

hah hah hah,

Intercourse Pens.  Now that's pretty funny.  And on that note, I shall leave.  Now puns are very good, but that's pushing it a little to far <shakes head and smiles>

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Sorin

« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2007, 06:02:17 PM »

Sandy, I read that article, now that is something else!  I had never heardof it, thaks for sharing, I may rent the video if it is out.  (There is actually a place called INTERCOURSE, PENNSYLVANIA?? ::)  Oh boy!  When I lived in Ohio, there were huge land mass areas of these Amish near where we lived; I wonder if the girl that was in the Military was from here...she died her hair black after cutting it; wore skin tight clothing; hung out with the wrong crowd and went nuts with partying.  She had never had ele thctricity so the lights just set her off, she loved it!  She had no reality of what life in the real world was like.  She was too gullable and the guys took advantage of her; she ended up pregnant...even though she was married to a senior citazen that her family had pre arranged for her ??? ...how cruel to do this to your kids and to not tell your kids of what is in the real world and then let them fall flat on their faces like this!

([tr][/tr]Sorry for the tangint.)

That's terrible!  >:(
Stupid Amish people!
Pre-arranging a marriage for your daughter with a senior citizen [of all people] is worse than sending your kids out on a "Rumspringa" in my not so humble opinion.
I can't believe she didn't run away from those freakazoids. Truth definitely is stranger than fiction.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 08:33:54 PM by Sorin »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 20 queries.