bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: The Sun and Time stood still  (Read 14715 times)

rrammfcitktturjsp

Re: The Sun and Time stood still
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2007, 12:54:21 AM »

Susan,

I bring the best out of people <smiles sweetly>.  Grins, that was a wonderful post.  I loved it.  I needed that good laugh.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

PKnowler

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2007, 01:02:03 AM »

Oh Susan don't be too mad at me!  ;D You've got to understand! I just couldn't help myself! Once you told me about Anne's addiction I dropped everything and went on a search for chocolate eating smilie faces. You're lucky I only came up with one.  ;D ;D

We shouldn't let anything have power over us so I was doing Anne a favor to get her to confront her addiction.  :D :D

You know Susan I don't see Anne getting all excited. Are you sure it isn't YOU that has the addiction? 
Admitting the problem is the first step to recovery.  ;D

Your so funny Susan! You make me laugh.

Bless You!  ;)
~Paula

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2007, 01:41:05 AM »

Paula,

Well she knows I get very easily excited about chocholate, but she does too.  I am not sure with the level of my exuberance for the sweet stuff, but it is there.

Well I did confront it, and like that poor smiley, I went scampering off for the nearest chocholate, which was a long reach down to the CD rack beside my computer, and finished of a dark chocholate hershey's bar.

<shakes head> I cannot believe how we American's get spoiled of our chocholate, when <breathes in deeply and smiles at the thought> Swiss and imported chocholate is so much better and richer.  We Americans put too much sugar in it, but all in all, I love our chocholate as well.

Susan had me read the post that she posted to her out loud over the phone, I was laughing so hard, I was crying.  We were in the middle of a poker game, and I am so glad that I stopped for it.

These laughes are so priceless.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

hebrewroots98

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2007, 02:35:01 AM »

OUCH PAULA, you got my #! ;)  How could you tell that I too have a secret love affair with (milk) chocolate?  (I SHALL NEVER ADMIT TO IT...AND YOU CVAN'TMAKE ME)  ;)  But, I guess I can forgive YOU for causing Anne to go off the deep end!  ::)

Yes Paula, you can do alot of a uhm...damage with those smiley faces...BUT, YA GOTTA LUV 'EM.... :o  (Seriously, when I was a little girl, that usd to be my sign-off mark...who would have thought that NEW AND IMPROVED SMILEY FACES WOULD APPEAR ON THE SCENE?  NEAT INDEED!

Anne, poker?  (yes, I was glad to overhear you say that you were playing with chips only and not money :D)  BTW, remind me to give to you the German dark chocolates that were sent to me (from a soldier in Germany), as I guess that I am very spoiled with American tasting milk chocolates only. ::)  You may have what Terry and Daniel wouldn't eat.   (No thanks for the Swiss Choc., I'll stick with my usual.)

I'm glad I made you all laugh...mission accomplished ;D ;D ;D

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2007, 04:22:41 PM »

G

You are correct with the chocolate to migraine link.  ;)

To counter sugar addiction add Vit b complex to your diet. It kills the sweet tooth!..... 8) Take in liquid form as a tonic as a preference to tablets and make sure there is NO Caffeine or alcohol slipped into the tonic.  :D you have to watch out for those Pharmaceutical Companies! ::)

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2007, 04:34:28 PM »

Arcturus,

Now that was a funny post.  Thanks for sharing  LOL.  I would rather support Hershey's than a darn ole pharmecutical company any old day.   :D

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2007, 05:05:14 PM »

Well

Think about it Anne.....chocolate could very well be  feeding your Migraines..... :-\

i do not want to be a pain in the neck!.....i never had a migraine in my life and would not want one either, but I did have a sugar addiction and am happy to be over it because of the huge swings up then down....highs and lows...high energy and then NO ENERGY!.....................NON!...........then to much....then non again and on and on!

Peace to you

hebrewroots98

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2007, 06:47:09 PM »

I too have never had a miagrane headache.  I too am addicted to sugars, even though i take Vit. B-complex; I do take the sublingual though; as I 've taken both, now I will go back to the liquid to see if it curtails my sweet tooth.  I know that VitB Complex is an amazing nervous system healer.  (Anne has some work to do with managing her miagrane healing...she has lots of options now to see what it could be.)  I think I know what her problems are and I am working with her to eliminate them.   

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2007, 09:24:06 PM »

Susan and Arcturus,

Thank you ladies and sisters for supporting me and working with me through some of these nasty migraines.  I really do think I am addicted to chocholate, as when I try to withdraw, I get really nasty headaches and such.  So it is an everlasting cycle.  I am about to quit smoking, one addiction at a time.

Keep me in your prayers.  May God bless both of You and Yours.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

gmik

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2007, 09:37:31 PM »

G

You are correct with the chocolate to migraine link.  ;)

To counter sugar addiction add Vit b complex to your diet. It kills the sweet tooth!..... 8) Take in liquid form as a tonic as a preference to tablets and make sure there is NO Caffeine or alcohol slipped into the tonic.  :D you have to watch out for those Pharmaceutical Companies! ::)

Peace to you

Thanks for tip.  I will try the tonic.  I have only been taking B complex for a couple months.  I do have a sweet tooth!

PKnowler

« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2007, 10:32:28 PM »

Peace to you

Hey Arcturus,

That's pretty valuable information! Thank you! I will have to try it. I have a really bad sugar addiction. I compare it to a heroin addiction because I just got to have a fix. I just don't feel right until I get my daily sugar fix. It makes dieting very difficult. I need to go to sugar anonymous or something, nah, never mind, that would mean I would have to give it up. I would rather learn how to manage my addiction and not have to give up dessert totally.  ;)

Thanks Again! :)
~Paula

gmik

« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2007, 10:48:14 PM »

You know, back in my 20's, when I would think about being in my 50's, I imagined I would look like my grandma.  Overweight, grey hair in a bun, wearing an apron, nylons rolled down, and being all relaxed and comfortable.  (If this describes anyone here, I plead the 5th!)

Well, something has happened in our society and 50 is the new 30.  So the pressure is on to still be thin, dress young, make up, etc.  Grandmas have to be hip and active. (not tht I am)

My point, and I do have one, is I want to eat my chocolate when I darn well want to.  And I don't want to feel guilty about it.  I don't want to worry all the time about what I look like.
Dang.  Sophia Loren has made 70 the new 50!!!  I will NEVER get to wear an apron or bun!!

hebrewroots98

« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2007, 12:01:29 AM »

Preach on sisters! ;D

longhorn

« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2007, 10:53:05 AM »

I played golf and had a cold brew so it wasn't all that bad. 

Longhorn

joyful1

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2007, 01:06:48 PM »

;D Gena..you crack me up! LOLROFWT!!
I too thought the same things....I turn 50 this year and feel totally pressured by my kids to do the "total make-over" thingy so that they will be pleased to "present me in public" again....whatever!  ::) ;D
I totally relate to your very "hip" story! Joyce

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2007, 04:08:37 PM »

Paula

Let me know how you go. 8)

I would be interested to know if you can get a Vit B tonic in the USA without any of the ingredients that are actually harmful like alcohol and caffeine.

The Vit B complex I take almost daily turned my addiction down and out. ;D I did not even miss having chocolate. Did not miss it AT ALL.  It was amazing! It completely turned it off.  ;D When I feel like having a chocolate now, then I KNOW my Vit B levels are low and need re-charging! Not only do I feel more alert, I also have much more energy! Vit B complex (full range of B vits) oxygenates the blood and cleans it too! it improves emotional lows and heightens an optimistic attitude because it produces enormous amounts of energy.

Peace to you

Kat

« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2007, 04:27:26 PM »

Hi Gena,

I was thinking like you, I want to eat chocolate whenever I want to  ;)
I do try to keep it in moderation, but the cravings make me want it too much  :(
I think Arcturus has convinced me to try b-complex vit.
If it will stop the cravings, that would be great.

Talking about getting older, can't keep eating as I use to either,
it tends to stick on you more  :-\

Well one thing for sure chocolate is to good to totally give up.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2007, 04:33:22 PM »

Hello Kat

;D  ;D ..just do not get the tablets! They will not stick! :D..no seriously...they will not metabolise or give anything like what I have expressed in the posts about the tonic! Liquid form! ....only....if you can get it in USofA ;D 8)

Peace to you

PKnowler

« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2007, 05:23:41 PM »

Gena, You are a beautiful woman inside and out! I just love your youthful spirit! I never would have guessed your age. I'm glad to hear you are liberated from buns and aprons!

Hey Joyce, does LOLROFWT mean "Laugh out Loud Roll on floor with tears?" Just wondering. That's too funny!

Arcturus can you get this B Vit liquid formula from Walmart or do you need to get it at a health food store?

Oh yeah, Kat I love your new picture! It's so nice to see you!  ;)

Bless Y'all!  :)
~Paula
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 05:40:47 PM by PKnowler »

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2007, 06:06:49 PM »

Kat,

Cool pic.  Thanks for sharing.  <smiles gleefully and claps her hands at all the pics coming on the forum now>

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 16 queries.