bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: in need of wise counsel  (Read 7244 times)

joyful1

in need of wise counsel
« on: April 09, 2006, 06:41:06 PM »

The attorney handeling my special needs child's trust fund has taken all of his money....he wants to replace it, but has spent it and now i need it for wheel chair, etc.  I have been round and round.....I go from truly forgiving this man  who claims to be a Christian to deeply hating him and wanting to report him and sue him....my child has great needs...but I have so, far, tried to give this man time to repay....but this has gone on for over two years now....what is the RIGHT thing to do? I have sought the Lord Jesus Christ but I sincerely cannot tell if I am hearing correctly....in not pursuing to bring this man to justice in this world, I ignore the great needs of my child who has no voice in this world other than mine!  What is right?

hillsbororiver

in need of wise counsel
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2006, 07:22:54 PM »

1Ti 5:8  But1161 if any provide not for his own, and especially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

As your attorney and as a fellow believer this man is obligated to make things right and fulfil his obligation to you and your child. Not knowing all the details or Canadian law this is all I can say at this time.

Joe

ertsky

in need of wise counsel
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2006, 07:30:27 PM »

but this has gone on for over two years now

that seemed to me to be a very long time for him not to make it right.

we had a lawyer here that just took off with much money that belonged to others.

it seems he played them all for suckers

do you have any path of action that would force him to do the right thing.

people often do the right thing when they have no choice :)

as for this guy being a brother, it would seem he sure doesn't act like one.

f

Harryfeat

in need of wise counsel
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2006, 08:34:14 PM »

Hello joyful1,

I agree with ertsky that 2 years seems more than enough time to have a least put some of the money back into the trust.

Here are some avenues to explore and things to consider depending upon your friendship/relationship to the lawyer:

Suing can be expensive-Contact local bar association for purpose of having him disbarred and getting a new lawyer to work pro bono in anticipation of being in charge of a replacement trust fund.

Tell the lawyer you are going to make public the theft if it is not replaced in a desired a amout of time and gage your next step on what he does

Take steps to get a different lawyer to handle the trust once first lawyer  replaces the funds

Local community resources might be able to help you get the wheelchair or even borrow one until the funds are available.

I hope you can work this out amicably also but this guy has definitely taken advantage of you and your child.

feat

rvhill

in need of wise counsel
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2006, 09:19:55 PM »

Sound to me as if the money is gone. You need to pray for God to give you and your child what is needed. God will provide for you. I will pray for you Joyful.

You need to report this man, before he harms other people. You should not hate him nothing good will come of that. Pray for God to take your sin from you in this matter. Get another lawyer and hope he has assets, would be the worldly view on this matter.

joyful1

in need of wise counsel
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2006, 07:54:45 AM »

Thank you all for your responses!  I didn't think anyone would have time for this...but this matter is one (if not THE most) difficult ones in my life ....and I hope that my response to it will please God.  Here is the scriptural delima that I am in...it happens to deal directly with some of the Lake of Fire series topics:

I Corinthians 6:1-9
"Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints? 2Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? 3Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life? 4If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church. 5I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren? 6But brother goeth to law with brother, and that before the unbelievers. 7Now therefore there is utterly a fault among you, because ye go to law one with another. Why do ye not rather take wrong? why do ye not rather suffer yourselves to be defrauded? 8Nay, ye do wrong, and defraud, and that your brethren. 9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God?" KJV

and then there is this one:

Romans 13:1-4
"Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God:  the powers that be are ordained of God.  2Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation. 3For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same: 4For he is the minister of God to thee for good." KJV

Please keep in mind, that I am representing a son who can neither walk nor talk due to brain damage....I am his sole caretaker and representative here on earth....

gmik

In need of wise counsel
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2006, 09:26:33 PM »

God Bless You and your son.  I will pray for you.

joyful1

in need of wise counsel
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2006, 04:08:58 PM »

Thank you Gena...and rvhill too! I think the problem is begining to make sense to me now...I've been trying to find a "single" response to this man's actions that would show compassion and forgiveness.....then later....I would change my mind and say to myself..."no...I must take him to law and straighten this matter out before a judge"  then again, later, I would feel guilty about being "unforgiving" and would go back to my first response......I think, at last, and perhaps in response to your prayers for me to "receive wisdom" I am begining to look at the whole matter in a new light!  The answer lies in MORE THAN ONE RESPONSE!!  I think that I should BOTH tell him that I forgive him and give him one last opportunity to make things right but tell him at the same time that enough is enough and unless he makes things right , right away, I'll be reporting his actions to the bar association.....I see where Jesus did only what He saw "the Father doing" ...in other words....He was like the Father.....and we are to be like the Father as well.....having both compassion and justice available for all.....even at the SAME time.....right?? joyful1 :D

love_magnified

in need of wise counsel
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2006, 04:53:22 PM »

Joyful it is so hard. I will pray for you. I hope you see this as the greatest test you could ever pass: resist not evil, but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. The greatest shame is to allow that to become cliche in our hearts. I will pray for you. This is not adivce to take no action. Rather, search your heart that your motives may be blessed and annointed. As I hope you will also pray for me as I struggle with this issue. It is impossible without the spirit, simply impossible. My heart goes out to you and your beloved little one. Peace to you in Jesus name. Remember one thing: the strength of God is foolishness to the world. God bless you.

ciy

in need of wise counsel
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2006, 05:43:25 PM »

Lu 9:12 And when the day began to wear away, then came the twelve, and said unto him, Send the multitude away, that they may go into the towns and country round about, and lodge, and get victuals: for we are here in a desert place.
 13 But he said unto them, Give ye them to eat. And they said, We have no more but five loaves and two fishes; except we should go and buy meat for all this people.

2Co 8:14 But by an equality, that now at this time your abundance may be a supply for their want, that their abundance also may be a supply for your want: that there may be equality:

2Co 9:8 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:

Jas 2:14  What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
 15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,
 16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?
 17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

If we could only believe.
CIY

joyful1

in need of wise counsel
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2006, 10:11:20 PM »

Quote from: ciy
Lu 9:12 And when the day began to wear away, then came the twelve, and said unto him, Send the multitude away, that they may go into the towns and country round about, and lodge, and get victuals: for we are here in a desert place.
 13 But he said unto them, Give ye them to eat. And they said, We have no more but five loaves and two fishes; except we should go and buy meat for all this people.

So....you are saying that whatever little I have it will stretch to provide? Not sure of the message in this one...could you please explain it to me?[/b]

2Co 8:14 But by an equality, that now at this time your abundance may be a supply for their want, that their abundance also may be a supply for your want: that there may be equality:
This one I get! It's saying that as brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus, we should not try to make things unequal by holding back from another who has less...right?

2Co 9:8 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:
This one I get as well:  God will provide....

Jas 2:14  What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
 16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?
And this one is an admonishment to the attorney?
If we could only believe.
CIY

joyful1

in need of wise counsel
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2006, 10:42:25 PM »

bobby, He is actually a distant relative that my father recommended to me when I needed help...I suppose I should give you a quick testimony to explain...a drunk driver hit the car my husband and son were in....my husband died instantly and my son also required cpr, was brain damaged with multiple internal injuries, etc. I was pregnant, had a two year old as well,  neither one of us were in the car with them... God graciously prepared my heart for this tremendous event by warning me in a dream a couple of weeks prior...not with a terrible message but with a great storm that shook me (the dream did) for days afterwards....not knowing exactly what was coming, but feeling pretty sure that it was from God, I began to pray for strength and courage to endure whatever it would be....as it turned out....I felt as though God literally was holding me throughout the entire ordeal...getting the news about my husband....going through months of being by my son's side in intensive care (surgery, emergencies, nearly loosing him several times) and then the birth of my child that my husband did not get to see...there were so many "coincidences" that kept my son alive, I feel certain, that it was just meant to be that he stayed here...I'm so thankful to have had him all these years....they said he wouldn't live to see his teen years as he was just a toddler at the time ....but soon he will celebrate his twenty-second birthday...and his joyful spirit brings out love in the coldest of strangers once they actually see him, hear his laughter and look into his clear child-like eyes....the ONLY words this child can say is "I love you."  I've had speech therapists work with him for years....I've been with him constantly for all this time, praying for a miracle....I've worked with him myself, and to this day...its only "I love you"...it has become a great blessing, however to hold on to that precious sentence...for in the end...that is REALLY what it is all about anyway! Sorry for rambling on...I never know quite how much to say to people....but I feel amongst "true believers" here and it seems safe enough to me to tell you these things...about the attorney...my dad thought, way back then (he has since fallen asleep in the Lord) that I should trust this relative/attorney to help us....here is a lesson for others that may find themselves in a similar situation:  it is OK to make a person helping you to be ACCOUNTABLE.  It  keeps the temptation to steal from you at arms length.  So, even though I was mentally and physically exhausted during those years...I should have made it a point to make him accountable...trouble is he was filing reports to the court that made it "look" like everything was ok...but kept the truth from me and made me sign the papers anyway....I thought that I could and should trust him, since he was a Christian and a distant relative. So...anyway..thank you to love_magnified and cyi as well as you, bobby... it is so refreshing to know that others understand the need to "make sure your intentions are right"...thanks gmik also for the prayers! I promise not to post any more "books" online, y'all!  :)

orion77

in need of wise counsel
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2006, 11:16:38 PM »

Joyful1, this seems like an insurmountable dilemma you are going through.  God bless you for your honest heart.  I believe in the scriptures, when God is talking about suing one another, it is between us, brother and sister, the called and chosen.  Apparently by the actions of this lawyer, he now is most definetly not called and chosen to spend money that does not belong to him, especially money that is designated towards a child with handicaps (sorry, I do not like to use that word, for I have experience with this).  Not myself, but family members and I can assure you they are not handicapped in the way the world likes to think.  

You take care of your child, in the way God has taken care of you.  Do not let this lawyer take advantage of your sons future.  This is not carnal reasoning.  You fight for your son, stand your ground and show him, what for.  Would our Father be any different?  

This has nothing to do with suing one of the brethren.  Suing each other of the same mind, I believe is what God does not like, for we are to love each other, yet there a lot out there who love to take advantage of us.  We all have experienced this, I am sure.

That is great of you to share your unfortunate problem,  God bless your heart.  Do not forget the love of God is strong, stern, forgiving and above all with RIGHTEOUS judgement.  Take care of your son, Joyful1.

God bless,

Gary

ciy

in need of wise counsel
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2006, 12:42:58 AM »

Joyful1,

So....you are saying that whatever little I have it will stretch to provide? Not sure of the message in this one...could you please explain it to me?

No I am talking about the disciples immediately said "Send them to the world let the world take care of them.  We do not have the means to feed them.  Send them to the world to fend for themselves."  And Jesus said, "No.  You take care of them."  

This one I get! It's saying that as brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus, we should not try to make things unequal by holding back from another who has less...right?

No.  I am saying the "called and the chosen" should be taking care of others.

This one I get as well: God will provide....

No again.  I believe this is saying that God will supply us so that we can supply others when they are in need.

Jas 2:14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
And this one is an admonishment to the attorney?

No.  This is talking about us when we say, "Joyful 1, that is tough but I hope you make it through.  Maybe there will be a way for it to work out.  I will pray for you."  I am talking about how we are so verbal and close to God with our tongue, but we are so far away with our hearts.  Yes I know prayer works, but we so often use it as an excuse to exit an appointment with God to feel good about ourselves.  I am talking about myself as well as others

Let me ask a question, how much money do you need to get over your next hump?

I love this site and the heart of the belief in the true gospel of UR.  I hope we are not forming a nonreligion religion.
CIY

joyful1

Eyes are opening!
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2006, 10:56:38 AM »

You take care of your child, in the way God has taken care of you. Do not let this lawyer take advantage of your sons future. This is not carnal reasoning. You fight for your son, stand your ground and show him, what for. Would our Father be any different?

Thank you orion77!  I get this!! And thanks be to God and this forum....the picture is becoming clearer and clearer for me...its almost like when my eyes were opened to the "true gospel" of Jesus Christ....the gospel of "the kingdom"....I have to say to myself...."why did it take so LONG for me to understand these things?" My eyes were obviously blind....but knowing that God was true and righteous, I knew that the answer had to be there in the scriptures SOMEWHERE!!  I am finding PEACE with the counsel that I have received here and am so grateful for this place...so grateful!  Thank you!! Thank you all!!  joyful1

orion77

in need of wise counsel
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2006, 11:26:11 PM »

Joyful1, you are welcome.  Your sincere honesty and openess is a beautiful trait.  These are the kinds of thoughts, desires, and words, I believe God looks for in us.  

Nevertheless, count yourself and your son lucky to suffer in this life.  This life, for His chosen, is not meant to be easy.  I know to most of the world that sounds offbeat, but we know the scriptures, have His spirit in us, and indeed truly follow Him.  That is what separates us from the world.  

No matter what happens, it is Gods will, not ours.  He is greater that we are, now we only know in part, the day will come when all things will come full circle to the glory of God.

God bless,

Gary

joyful1

in need of wise counsel
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2006, 08:00:17 PM »

cyi-- wow....this is really good....I never saw that before! thank you! joyful1
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 20 queries.