bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Darwin  (Read 5970 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Darwin
« on: February 25, 2007, 11:24:06 AM »

> Hi Ray,
>
> You said once in an email about evolution: "Charles Darwin did not himself
> believe in Darwinism Evolution. He admitted that his theories were not
> plausible."
>
> Mai I ask, where you got this from? Darwin admitting that his theories are
> not plausible?
>
>
> Where you 'referring to the close of Chapter 14 in the Origin of the Species
> a book written in 1859? Darwin admits that some of his conclusions are
> unsupported. Now unsupported and not plausible are not interchangeable
> terms in this context.'
>
> Also, what would be one thing that you would say that totally destroys the
> evolution theory [i.e. that we evolved from a common ancestor into humans]?
> And I mean a scientific answer that refuts it.
>
> Peace,
> Sorin

Dear Sorin:
I believe I found that statement regarding Darwin's own doubts concerning his own theories in Phillip Johnson's book: Darwin on Trial. Now much of my research material from the past is packed way in my storage shed, and I do not have the time to search for it at this time.
The biggest argument against the theory of spontaneous generation and evolution of the species is the one thing that evolutionists think they have an abundance of in their favor, but which in reality they lack sufficiency of, and that thing is TIME.  They contend that with enough time, anything is possible. But therein lies the problem, seeing there is NOT ENOUGH TIME. They have at best a couple of billion years wherein to produce their living species, and according to the law of probability (notice I say LAW of probability, not the theory of probability), a couple of billions of years would not be nearly enough time. My friend, Dr. Robert Kohn, has proved conclusively, that based on the law of probability, the complicated amino acids needed for the basic building blocks of life, would have taken TRILLIONS (not billions) of years to come together by chance, as the possible combinations are virtually endless. There just hasn't been enough TIME for evolution to be true or feasible, even if the dozens of other necessary ingredients were present
God be with you,
Ray
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 12:56:24 PM by Kat »

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Re: Darwin
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 06:58:36 PM »

To the Forum:  I found this on the Internet yesterday while doing a few searches, and thought it might be interesting to our readers. I did read more concerning the validity of the story, but I do not pretend to know for sure that this happened, nonetheless, it is a very interesting prospect.
God be with you all,
Ray

CHRISTIAN APOLOGETICS & RESEARCH MINISTRY      

Did Darwin become a Christian on his deathbed?

QUESTION: What about the Lady Hope story? Did Darwin repent of his evolution views and become Christian on his deathbed?

RESPONSE: In the midst of all the arguing and disagreements about this, perhaps the best analysis I have found is from Malcolm Bowden, as quoted below.  Helen Fryman

Quoted by permission of the author from True Science Agrees with the Bible, Malcolm Bowden, Sovereign Publications, Kent, 1998,  section 6.6, pp 259-276

True Science Agrees with the Bible, as well as Bowden's other books, are available in the United States from The Berean Call, P.O. Box 7019, Bend, Oregon 97708-7019, (541) 382-6210

THE LADY HOPE "STORY"

- A RE-EXAMINATION

Many creationists are familiar with the account that a "Lady Hope" gave of her visit to Darwin a few months before he died. Although it has appeared in various books, we present it below for those to whom it is new.

It was one of those glorious autumn afternoons, that we sometimes enjoy in England, when I was asked to go in and sit with the well known professor, Charles Darwin. He was almost bedridden for some months before he died. I used to feel when I saw him that his fine presence would make a grand picture for our Royal Academy; but never did I think so more strongly than on this particular occasion.

He was sitting up in bed, wearing a soft embroidered dressing gown, of rather a rich purple shade.

Propped up by pillows, he was gazing out on a far-stretching scene of woods and cornfields, which glowed in the light of one of those marvelous sunsets which are the beauty of Kent and Surrey. His noble forehead and fine features seem to be lit up with pleasure as I entered the room.

He waved his hand toward the window as he pointed out the scene beyond, while in the other hand he held an open Bible, which he was always studying.

"What are you reading now?" I asked as I seated myself beside his bedside. "Hebrews!" he answered - "still Hebrews. 'The Royal Book' I call it. Isn't it grand?"

Then, placing his finger on certain passages, he commented on them.

I made some allusions to the strong opinions expressed by many persons on the history of the Creation, its grandeur, and then their treatment of the earlier chapters of the Book of Genesis.

He seemed greatly distressed, his fingers twitched nervously, and a look of agony came over his face as he said: "I was a young man with unformed ideas. I threw out queries, suggestions, wondering all the time over everything, and to my astonishment, the ideas took like wildfire. People made a religion of them."

Then he paused, and after a few more sentences on "the holiness of God" and the "grandeur of this book," looking at the Bible which he was holding tenderly all the time, he suddenly said: "I have a summer house in the garden which holds about thirty people. It is over there," pointing through the open window. "I want you very much to speak there. I know you read the Bible in the villages. To-morrow afternoon I should like the servants on the place, some tenants and a few of the neighbours; to gather there. Will you speak to them?"

"What shall I speak about?" I asked.

"Christ Jesus!" he replied in a clear, emphatic voice, adding in a lower tone, "and his salvation. Is not that the best theme? And then I want you to sing some hymns with them. You lead on your small instrument, do you not?" The wonderful look of brightness and animation on his face as he said this I shall never forget, for he added: "If you take the meeting at three o'clock this window will be open, and you will know that I am joining in with the singing."

How I wished I could have made a picture of the fine old man and his beautiful surroundings on that memorable day!

This is the account that appeared on the 19th August 1915 in the Baptist "Watchman-Examiner" in Washington D.C. (Q29/2:70). In 1922, friends in Los Angeles who knew her wrote an affidavit (L.A. affidavit) (MooreJ:79). In 1940, Prof Bole released a letter he had received from her in the early 1920's (Bole letter) (MooreJ:86). These repeated most of the above account with some minor variations and additions, and we will refer to these later.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 19 queries.