bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just some thoughts  (Read 5016 times)

Robin

Just some thoughts
« on: February 15, 2007, 08:49:51 AM »

1Th 5:11 Wherefore comfort yourselves together and edify one another, even as also ye do.

1Th 5:12 And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labor among you, and are over you in the Lord and admonish you;

1Th 5:13 And to esteem them very highly in love for their work's sake. And be at peace among yourselves.

1Th 5:14 Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.

Rom 14:15 But if thy brother be grieved with thy meat, now walkest thou not charitably. Destroy not him with thy meat, for whom Christ died.

Rom 14:16 Let not then your good be evil spoken of:

Rom 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Ghost.

Rom 14:18 For he that in these things serveth Christ is acceptable to God and approved of men.

Rom 14:19 Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace and things wherewith one may edify another.

Joe,

I had these exact scriptures ready to post on a thread yesterday and changed my mind. Some of the threads caused me to think of different situations in my life. One thread brought up thoughts of my daughter. I walk very carefully with her. She is seeking truth and fumbling through it. I have to be very careful not to choke her with meat. The minute I throw too much truth at her she has to cut me off. I sit and listen to her sort through it. I watch her cry when someone in the church does something that hurts her. I spoon feed her when she can hear truth and watch God work truth in her through her experiences which he designs. I never compromise the truth, but there are many times I need to stay silent and let her learn through her own relationship with God.

There are other times when I see someone teaching lies and putting a heavy yoke on a new believer. I feel the need to jump in then and speak the truth and expose the person who is teaching lies.

I've had to repent many times when I've "choked" someone with the truth. Sometimes I feel like beating others with scripture. Especially those who tell me I'm wrong. Other times I hold back when I should be bold because I am more worried about what men think than God. I am still in training and God is still teaching me to discern and find balance. I'm not going to get it right every time.

This hit me really hard.

Whenever we pretend to be Christ-like but it’s all a charade, we too are guilty of giving Christ a Judas kiss of death.

I tried hard to be like this when I was in church. It was expected. Thank God I was a complete failure. I still want to keep this statement close to my heart. I can feel the temptation when I am around people who seek justification through the law instead of faith in Christ. It reminds me of Galatians 2

Galatians 2
11But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.

12For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.

13And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation.

14But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?

15We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles,

16Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

17But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.

18For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.

hillsbororiver

Re: Just some thoughts
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 06:32:21 PM »

Dear M.G & Darren,

We need to remind ourselves or to be reminded that even though we share the Mind of Christ we are also mortal individuals who have only a down payment on the fullness we will one day receive. No two people occupy the same place at the same time while we are still in the flesh, our vantage points and our perceptions will never be the same while we carry this flesh it is only when we are reborn into His Spiritual Kingdom incorruptable and immortal at the resurrection that all of our eyes will be fully open to understanding.

It is through our interactions with others that the Lord teaches us patience, longsuffering, brotherly love & charity, when we fail the test we display haughtiness, self righteousness and impatience, if we are of Him we repent of this and He helps us to our feet to continue the journey, a little wiser, stronger and more faithful.

Thank you both.

His Peace, Wisdom & Comfort to you,

Joe 

gmik

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 12:21:38 AM »

Somehow, I missed this one the other day.

MG, let us know how your daughters journey proceeds.  I will be praying for her.

Joe, that was good practical advice for me.  Thats how I need it in black & white.  This is what sin looks like, or  this is what we should do.

Great scriptures.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 11:48:11 AM »

Joe, that was good practical advice for me.  Thats how I need it in black & white.  This is what sin looks like, or  this is what we should do.

Great scriptures.

Thanks Gena,

We all need reminders from time to time whether they come from His Spirit within us or from His Spirit within our brethren, patience is the key to discovery.

When we do not fully understand something if we patiently pray for discernment and understanding it will be provided, when we let our impatient old man back in the drivers seat we will endure strife and division.

Great thread M.G.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2007, 07:53:30 AM »

MG

I enjoyed the discovery that Ray pointed out in his teaching that it is, as you correctly write : by the faith OF Christ,

This differentiation that it is not faith IN Chirst but faith OF Christ, made a huge impact on me when I first came across it in Rays teachings.  The significance of this clarification loosed me from my bondage to myself, my effort, my law abiding endeavors, my unworthiness, and established me more in HIM and not me, and in HIS faith that has been tried, prooven and victorious!...not my faith that is still being tested proved and purified. That is such good news for me!

It helped my hope to become stronger! 8)

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 07:55:11 AM by Arcturus »

Chris R

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2007, 10:41:55 AM »

Hi Joe,

Wise words, I'm reminded of the words of the apostlel Paul : work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.  For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of [his] good pleasure.  Do all things without murmurings and disputings: Phl 2:13-14 

If we are given understanding of why God creates these circumstances, It is easier to let go of ones self, and understand just what really is moving us.

Peace

Chris R
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 10:43:52 AM by Chris R »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 21 queries.